Author Topic: OOC - Wanted location for one RP Setting  (Read 2819 times)

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lodja/Kaitaine
OOC - Wanted location for one RP Setting
« on: May 15, 2018, 12:35:35 AM »
OK here is the deal for everyone.

In the mid 1850's Kaitaine was invaded by the nation of Rodinha and Communism imposed on the nation. Previously the nation had been a theocracy under the Bene Gesserit faith.

This faith has no real set doctrine and officially prays to God/Gods. The faith is based around the belief that a great danger to mankind is coming and has come in the past. The Bene Gesserit are mankinds defence against this and must gain great knowledge in order to prepare. To aid mankind the first time a supreme being was created but in the tragedy was destroyed, their spirt passing into mankind. As such four holy houses exists considered each to have some aspects of this spirit. After the fall of Kaitaine these families were spread across Mundus and took exiles with them as they went into hiding.

Soon they set up a copy of the Bene Gesserit training school in Kaitaine called Chapterhouse. This is essentially a private, selective all girls boarding school. There is one in Ui Cennesliag, Mountjoy and Achkaerin. With the one in Himeyama needing to be OOCly replaced.

In terms of RP it would mean.

1. A large number of celtic Bene Gesserit have been hiding in your nation as members of your community for over 100 years.

2. The school has managed to keep itself self governing for a while.

3. The Bene Gesserit faith has been revealed in the last few months, there have been several terror attacks connected to them, but they have also been the target of KGB assassination attempts.

4. The Bene Gesserit faith has a Pope like figure called the Reverned Mother who is currently 19 year old Erin McGregor who resides in Ui Cenneslaig.

5. The Bene Gesserit have a paramilitary unit called the Truthsayers, some of whom are currently staging a coup in Kaitaine.

6. Only     Neu Uburzis, Ui Cenneslaig and Mountjoy have established official communication with the Bene Gesserit while Achkaerin have a covert connection.

More details on the Bene Gesserit faith can be found here

Happy to answer any questions, should anyone wish to step forward I'm happy to consider anyone.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
Re: OOC - Wanted location for one RP Setting
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 08:59:06 AM »
I'm offering the Ecclesiastical State as a possible location for a Chapter House; naturally if ES's chosen it's up to you where to place it but if it would be placed in Celestis, may I suggest this interesting location due to its symbolic meaning?

Tiber Island

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 09:03:03 AM »
Thanks for the offer but we're looking at a rather large private school campus. If you look at the size of them

https://independentorder.net/index.php?topic=61.msg682#msg682

An island like that wouldn't really fit. I also think with ES being a theocracy itself it may not be an entirely sensible choice for a secret religious school. We can maybe work out a few issues however depending on whatever else comes up. Thanks for the offer

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
  • Hallo, Ich bin eine Filipino.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Quintelia, Socram and Sarandib
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 10:07:35 AM »
I'm offering Quintelia as a location for the chapterhouse. If it would be in the middle of Lungsod City, it would look like this which would include the green building, the one with pillars, the one football stadium, and the striped tall building. If it's something rural, it would look like this (pretend it's not a church). It's big enough that it can be compared with probably the UC chapterhouse. Additional comments and questions would be welcomed.

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2018, 11:23:56 AM »
UC would be the biggest Chapterhouse as it is the biggest Celtic nation on Mundus so the BEne Gesserit would have been able to integrate there better. As for Quintelia I'm interested but it would need to be a rural setting as this gives more secrecy. JUst a heads up though this is going to throw you into the mix with the Bene Gesserit situation

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Mktvartvelo (primary nation)
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2018, 11:37:34 AM »
You could use Eyrifjorduric Federation if you wish. How many are 'a large number'?

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2018, 11:51:35 AM »
Numbers would  vary, the schools generally each have 1,500 students in each. So I'd expect the diaspora to be about 1-2million in most countries they went to.

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
  • Hallo, Ich bin eine Filipino.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Quintelia, Socram and Sarandib
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2018, 12:41:01 PM »
Well then, the one that looks like the church would be my offer to you. You could adjust the number of students of and the approximate distance from an urban center however you like.