Author Topic: Slava Lavosk Vignettes  (Read 2275 times)

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Seaforth
Slava Lavosk Vignettes
« on: May 17, 2018, 12:46:31 AM »

Presidential Offices
Sarajevo, Slava Lavosk

President Vaclav Kravec of the Republic of Slava Lavosk swore and crumpled the papers in his hand. The assorted men and women of his inner circle sat stoically, unblinking as they waited for the anger to fade. Tossing the papers into a nearby trashcan, Kravec adjusted his suit and tie, composing his thoughts. Finally he addressed the men and women around him.

"So they are trying to come back, are they? I thought them gone for good." Said Kravec.

Premier Vedran Marek scowled. "So did I, Vaclav. So did I."

"With our rival returning, are we doomed?"

"Not yet I think. It's a different world now. Several million are dead, several million more fled. Their military is still formidable, civilians were the greatest casualties."

"They always are, Vedran. So what do we do?"

"The CIS fell apart same as the Soviets. Only our friends Kaitaine remains. Rodina is....lesser. We have room to move, though. In addition to the great alliances there is also strife among Seaforth's traditional allies."

"Seaforth's allies...pfffft! Look how they swarm to them once again."

"Yes, but Seaforth is alone."

"What do you suggest?"

"If we want to assure Slava Lavosk's future, to continue our rise to stand amongst the great nations of Mundus, a line of tanks will not suffice. We must look to politics. Foster our own allies. Support our friends in Kaitaine and Rodina and elsewhere and drive a wedge between Seaforth and her friends. The intelligence apparatus has given us much to consider. East Moreland and Rokkenjima are at odds. Achkaerin courts the widow of Joshua Rhodes while she sits in Somerset, ruling an upstart nation while the head of House Rhodes, his cousin Andrew, watches from the sidelines. Our goals need not be the destruction of Seaforth, though it would be welcome."

"So what do you believe our goal should be?"

"To stand among the most powerful of Mundus. So our people will stand shoulder to shoulder with the likes of Rokkenjima, East Moreland and Achkaerin. To see our old rivals looking up at us."

"All those nations...."

Vedran Marek smiled as the two men understood each other.

"Yes Vaclav. We will stand as their equals. We will ensure our futures and wield a power that will rival the old USR, but without the stain of the Soviets."

Vaclav smiled back, hearing that HE in fact would hold that power.

"Very well Vedran, let us proceed."

Vedran nodded over his shoulder and military and intelligence staff stood up and left the room, off to carry out previously given orders. With the approval of President Kravec, the dominance of Slava Lavosk was about to begin.

"We have much to do President Kravec. You must oppose Seaforth and any that would ally with them, but softly. Do no threaten, do not demand. Be a politician and makes statements and comments that will hinder Seaforth and those three powers. While you do that, my people and I will work behind the scenes, quietly but constantly towards out goal.

Premier Marek took a folder and placed it on the Presidential desk.

"Here is the outline of my plan...."

President Kravec flipped through the folder, turning pale then flushing with excitement.

"My God, Vedran! Can this be done?"

"I believe so Mr. President. I believe so......."