Author Topic: Imperial Decree: On Withdrawing From The Tripartite  (Read 2609 times)

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Imperial Decree: On Withdrawing From The Tripartite
« on: May 28, 2018, 08:10:12 AM »

On Withdrawing From The Tripartite

Fellow Rokkenjimans, Friends and Allies of the First Empire, honourable delegates from afar, I thank you for joining me here this morning.

It truly seems that a multitude of developments take place before we are able to speak again, some unfortunately more so for the worse than others, but all have shaped the world in which we live. I first wish to thank Empress Emerita Evanthe Rhodes and Vicegerent Euphemia for their selfless duty to the First Empire, taking the reigns of power as multiple duties called upon their attentions. Although we may be cousins by birth I have long viewed you both more as sisters and will always be here to support you in times of joy and those of sorrow. May we greet each future challenges as we have those in the past: with wisdom, grace, strength and the patience to pursue the most just and honest path.

Earlier today I initiated the Termination Clause of The Treaty of Mutual Cooperation and Security between Rokkenjima, East Moreland and Seaforth (Amended: Dartfordia), a move which I took with great dismay and disappointment. As I said in my original statement the decision to initiate our withdrawal from the Tripartite Agreement is based not in malice toward any party in the Tripartite but an honest view that the agreement is an obsolete relic; the bonds upon which the Tripartite were founded upon no longer exist. While the First Empire bears no ill will toward the Kingdom of East Moreland it is clear that we are at an impasse that cannot at present be broken. Thus, instead of weighing down the First Empire or the Kingdom with a reluctant alliance it is better for all parties involved that the Tripartite be dissolved before any further tarnish may adhere itself to the legacy which it represents.

I cannot blame King David for the course of action he has taken, nor should the Rokkenjiman People view the Morelanders with any less respect due to our own decision. If I had suspected him of colluding with the Grand Republican Army for any reason I would find myself acting much as he has; we are talking of a terrorist enterprise which has claimed countless innocent lives and threatens peace on a daily basis. Indeed the Separatists also have Rokkenjiman blood on their hands, as any Rokkenjiman will remember the Olive Branch and the carnage which the Separatists unleashed upon her. I firmly believe that, one day, we will see Mr. Barren and his band of cowards held accountable for their actions, for certainly they have much to answer for as they face judgement in this life and the one which comes after.

It brings me sorrow that our mutual adversaries today enjoy a victory as that wedge which separates the First Empire and Kingdom becomes that much more entrenched. It was a primary goal of the Great Traitor (Offdensen) to sow division between Rokkenjima and East Moreland, and it was a tool which he carefully sharpened and wielded. While I maintained the illusion presented by the Great Traitor it was a matter which had been removed from my hands, as any deviation would have invited him to unleash yet further destruction and death and that was a scenario I could not allow to transpire. Furthermore, my decision to allow Ms. Hadley to personally undertake a mission while the Crown Princess was abducted served as the event which ultimately brought us to the point we find ourselves at today.

While the decision to withdraw from the Tripartite means that no formal bonds will exist between the First Empire and the Kingdom I maintain faith that we may both work in the future to restore what was once amongst the closest of relationships on Mundus. Certainly the values which our nations believe in have by and large been strikingly similar, while our governments have worked to improve the lives and liberties enjoyed by our citizens as well as those beyond our borders. It is my hopes that in the future we will be able to sit down again and remember that the bonds which exist between our nations are stronger than any one piece of paper, and that the causes we hold within our hearts are very much aligned. The termination of the Tripartite, however unfortunate, is the first step which must take place so that the future is not drowned out by the past.

We must never allow ourselves to be prisoners of the past, for no effort may unset events which have already transpired. Instead it is paramount that the First Empire focuses all of her energy upon upholding the values and principles upon which our nation was founded upon. Today I speak to you from the Illumic Channel where I have arrived to personally oversee Rokkenjiman operations as we stand alongside our Seaforthian allies. I understand that Abstergo has made a donation of portable shelters, while the Imperial Rokkenjiman Armed Forces gear up for a variety of humanitarian operations on the ground in Seaforth. One of my duties at present will be ensuring that these operations are targeted at those areas which need them most, while also being on hand to welcome back a man who has very much been considered a part of my family, General Joshua Rhodes.

In truth the termination of the Tripartite marks not an end, but a beginning. If adversity is the test upon which bonds are proven true or hopelessly shallow we shall see a new dawn for Rokkenjima and East Moreland. When that day comes I shall stand ready with open arms to replace the Tripartite with something even better than that which existed before. Until then I, and every Rokkenjiman, will continue to view East Moreland with respect despite the setbacks which have brought us to this point. Furthermore, in the event that no reconciliation is reached, I will work with the Imperial Diet and Somerset to ensure those agreements present in the Tripartite in regards to the force levels at QAMB are maintained as they presently exist.

May Islyna grant us the wisdom and compassion to ensure a new beginning for our Peoples and Nations.

Beatrice Anselmo
Empress of Rokkenjima
Princess of Littlebrook

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis