Author Topic: Digging Into The Past  (Read 4931 times)

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
Digging Into The Past
« on: May 31, 2018, 12:36:08 AM »
OOC - thanks to Jaws for the setting

It was a relatively nice day in northern Quintelia, the students from San Manuel High School were enjoying a days field trip out learning some archaeology, it was bit of a roadshow as there was a lot of advice and stuff going on as well. The person in charge was Melanie Bell, the young Countess of Elsion and young gun archaeologist not to mention the head of echo archaeology, why was she giving the field trip? Well her late father had been pretty good friends with the high schools English teacher a certain Marco Miranda so when he'd called her up and asked for some help she'd pretty much agreed without much thought. She'd just finished demonstrating some basic techniques and was taking a few minutes break to have a drink of water.
"Having fun?" someone asked, Melanie glanced over and saw Maki Hamer standing there.
"Shouldn't I be asking you that?" Melanie asked "This is your part of the world after all."
"Nah I'm just along for the sunlight and because someone had to run your security." Maki said
"Mel." the voice of Nicolas Mackenzie, one of Melanie's employee's caught their attention "You need to see this."

Melanie and Maki made their way over to where Nicolas was crouched over an open hole, there was the upper portion of a skeleton there.
"We didn't bury that." Melanie said, part of the preparation the previous day had been burying several random things in the fields where they were that way the kids had something to find.
"No we didn't." Nicolas said "Are we thinking this is suspicious?"
"Call the police out and let's get the bones dated. Let's be sure we're dealing with either a murder victim or archaeology." Melanie said "Mr Miranda." she turned to where the teacher was standing "I think class just got cancelled."

A week later they were back, the results had come in dating to the second half of the ninteenth century so late 1800's. That made it without question an archaeology find and a dig. Melanie wasn't one to turn down that opportunity either, a little negotiation with the locals and they were set. Another of the group Lori Downing had the fields and surrounding area mapped using satellite imagery which she was then filtering to account for various things.
"Look at this." Lori said "There's a medium sized structure under the middle of that over there." she pointed "And plenty of other stuff, this is huge."
"We're going to need help." Melanie said "Nicolas see if you can find someone who knows the local area let's see if they can shed some light on what we might have found. Lori call the CETO we need help."
"Are you calling that Fava fellow?" Lori asked
"After last time? He had people pointing guns at me." Melanie said
"You got past that thought right?" Maki asked "How about you call him and if he turns up with an armed army I kick their ass?"
"Deal." Maki said "Nicolas you handle the locals."
"Got it." Nicolas said

Melanie took a few steps away and dialled a number she'd never imagined she would, but what the heck had she stumbled into this time?

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
Re: Digging Into The Past
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 02:38:47 PM »
Sir Emmanuel Fava, dressed in professorial tweeds, stands before his class. He turns to the blackboard with a piece of chalk and writes the  word FACT. "Archaeology is the search for fact. Not truth. If it's truth you're interested in, Doctor Türol's Philosophy class is right down the hall." he joked, producing an amount of laughter in the process, which was one of many reasons as to why he was such a highly appreciated teacher. "So forget any ideas you've got about lost cities, exotic travel, and digging up the world. You do not follow maps to buried treasure and "X" never, ever, marks the spot."

It was at this moment that his, daughter Sophia Fava alongside her trusted dog Coco approached Emmanuel's classroom. She peered through the window in the door to see him completing his lecture, before they both entered the lecture hall and stood at the rear of the room. "Seventy percent of all archaeology is done in the library. Research. Reading. We cannot afford to take mythology at face value...Oh my it seems we're out of time. Alright gang, remember next week I won't be here, as Professor Harrison will take over. Remember to read "Abytology." Starting with the excavation of Naukratis by Blinders Petrie in 1885. I will be in my office if anybody's got any problems for the next hour and a half. You're dismissed!"

"Hi dad!" Sophia greeted, as both father and daughter embraced each other dearly. It wasn't every day they could see each other due to their occupations. Their topics of discussions went into large varieties. "I heard that Uncle Émile's currently hosting my Missionara Protectiva colleagues; any word so far?" she asked Emmanuel, in which he replied that there were no updates as of now although confident that this twin brother would make an impression enough to validate an Male Guild School in the name of the Bene Gesserit. "So, nothing much going on?" Emmanuel asked, "Well it has been recently dry when it comes to reporting, nothing out of the ordinary or spectacular." It was at this moment that daddy realised she also visited him if he had any interesting projects going on. "Well I don't..." His mobile rang; "Melanie Bell...oh my oh my, I wonder what she has in store for us?" he said, answering the phone while petting Coco who seemed to have fallen a sleep pretty quickly.

"Hi Mel, what brings me the privilege?...Oh I see...what no...ok yes it sounds...wow wow absolutely not...Aha I see...you're mad?!...I'm the one who's hopeless...wait a minute...what's with the punch me attitude...you lil'-...Ok ok ok, Sigh, fine by me...Don't you worry, am not gonna bring along my henchmen hehe, I think you'll like her...c ya soon." the Professor ended the call. Both father and daughter didn't say much, just staring each other, knowing fully what had just happened, another opportunity. "Prepare ya bags, we're heading to Quintelia."

Many hours later, Fava dad and daughter alongside dog landed in Lungsod International Airport, got their baggage in the claiming area and made their way out of the crowded and stinkin' arrival terminal; They were used to Quintelia not being exactly 'perfect', it was after all cozy and charming at the same time; luckily they knew how to speak the local tongue even though the majority of Quintelians were profficient in English. They spotted their hosts who greeted them.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 07:05:42 PM »
Melanie and Nicolas had been locked in conversation for about an hour looking at the geology of the site, making sure it was going to be safe to dig there.
"Looks good to me." Nicolas said "We're just going to have to be careful around the building that Lori spotted because that might be a little more dug in than most things."
"Agreed if that thing's unstable then we need to be really careful." Melanie said "Safety first."
"Where do you want to start?" Nicolas asked
"I've asked Brian to come down, when he gets here he'll take the job of excavating the building." Melanie said "Meanwhille I want a single trench starting twenty metres south of that building and spreading out east and west, let's see what we've come across."
"What do you think it is?" Lori asked
"Could be a small village from centuries ago, could be something long forgotten." Melanie said "Maybe even something new. We won't really know until we get in there and start digging."
"Then let's get started." Nicolas said
"By the book people." Melanie said "Nicolas start digging, Lori you get the tech tent, I'll do the lab tent."

At Lunsgod Airport Brian Raines and his wife Alexandra had arrived both a little surprised to have been called, though in truth only Brian had been called Alexandra was just coming along as an extra pair of hands, joining them on the flight had been Rosalie McLean, Melanie's newest employee at écho Archaeology.
"Do you see Nat?" Alexandra asked
"Not yet." Brian said "What do you think Melanie's found?"
"No idea." Alexandra said "But after last time?"
"That's what's worrying me." Brian said, he was the closest thing to a father figure in Melanie's life these days. He looked around the airport for a few more seconds until bounding footsteps heralded the arrival of his daughter Natasha, she hugged her parents and smiled at Rosalie.

"You all set?" Natasha asked "I've got the jeep waiting."
"Yeah." Brian said "How many coffee's have you had?"
"Probably more than I should." Natasha said
"And how many hot chocolates has Melanie had?" Alexandra asked
"Definitely too many." Natasha said "Come on let's go."

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2018, 09:46:47 AM »
It didn't take long for the Favas to spot their same, hired driver every time they visited Quintelia.
"Ah Manuel, great to see you once again my old friend." the Professor greeted.
"Likewise Mr. and Ms. Fava, also you as well Little Doggy one. Alright let me take you bags and we'll head to my van." Manuel the driver replied. "As you probably know Sir, we're starting to enter the rainy season, might make digging things from the ground trickier."
"Oh I'm sure that won't be an issue at all Manuel, there are always worse things than splashes of rain and considering it's warmer to get drenched than back in ES..." Professor Fava almost continued as they were crossing the parking lot, when he spotted the Raines Family and this new Echo Archaeology employee, to his surprise and happiness.

"Well, well, well! Isn't that the Artaxia University Professor in all of his might and legendary status himself, Brian Raines...and the entire Company. Come here friend!" Professor Fava said before he went up to the Professor and gave him a hug before diverting attention to the family and daughter who've known Sophia as well when they were younger. "All this time and here we are on another adventure just like in the good days..."

The truth was that the Raines, Fava and Bell were best friends with each other; Since they met in their younger days, they'd gone to countless adventures across Mundus, the kind one would identify with Indiana Jones-themed Three Musqueteers and Stooges combined; Jonathon Bell was definitely the Athos of the three, always the one to care and look after for his friends and alike; his theories were branded as insane and bonkers by everyone else but as for Fava and Raines, supported him no matter what. It was such a great shame and sadness when their old friend passed away, but it was important to always keep his spirit alive, which is why Fava for instance promoted the life and works of Bell whenever he had the chance to and as a result ES atmosphere overall was more positive to his legacy and tribute to the archaeological, historical society.

"I assume Mel called you guys as well? I'd say this is going to be interesting indeed...We're gonna probably stop by a street-side stall on the way there and acquire some snacks and drinks. Btw, practised your Tagalog yet hehe?" Professor Fava amused.

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
  • Hallo, Ich bin eine Filipino.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Quintelia, Socram and Sarandib
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 12:23:31 PM »
“What do you mean there’s an archeology site in the province of Dagohoy again?” Professor Rodigar Macalib-og, the Quintelian representative to the CETO and has been awarded locally as “Scholar in Social Sciences” and “Scholar in History” asked one of his corespondents. “Yeah, some high schoolers led by an Achkaerinese woman found a skeleton confirmed to be more than a hundred years old.” The corespondent said to the old professor, who has been scratching his gray beard. “Tell my students here in Lungsod University and in University of Santo Tomas that I won’t see them in a week, and please move my meeting with the Philosophy Scholar to next next week.” He said as he exited the Social Sciences Building in the campus of Lungsod University, carrying with him nothing but his clothes, his wallet, his car keys, and a sign pen. He walked towards the parking lot and entered his Dalton Aurelio, one of the two supercars made by Dalton Motors.

Meanwhile, back in the dig site, a crowd of locals have gathered around, as caution tape have been placed by the police as to prevent any trespasser to tamper with anything in the field, except for one. “Hoy, akin tong lupa![1]” A certain man in his thirties shouted. Nothing was remarkable about him, he has brown complexion and wore a basketball jersey and khaki shorts. “Nakikita niyo ‘tong land documents na ‘to? Bawal yang mga forigners dito![2] He then proceeded to jump over the caution tape and punched one of the Achkaerinese men digging there. A few people began to cheer for the man in jerseys.

As the other locals began to go near and try to help either men, a bright yellow car pulled up near the dig site. “Magsilayas kayo rito![3]” The proffesor exclaimed as loud as a 65 year old can. “Iwanan niyo kami rito, at babayaran ko kayo ng isang libo![4]” As soon as the people hear the amount, they scrambled off back to their homes, with the disgruntled man remaining. “Lupa ko to, hindi ako aalis dito.[5]” The trespasser shouted as he held his document. “Ngayon sa gobyerna na ito, at kung ayaw mong umalis, tatawag ako ng pulis.[6]” Rodigar said as he took the documents and gave a check worth a hundred thousand dollars, with the trespassers walking away with his fists clenched. He then aproached the man that was punched and helped him up. “I’m sorry for what happened, I should have been here earlier. I’m Professor Macalib-og, the Quintelian Scholar in Social Sciences and Hitory.” He shook the man’s hand as he introduced himself.

1. Hey, this is my land!
 2. You see these land documents? These foreigners aren’t allowed here!
 3. Get the hell out of here!
 4. Leave us here, and I’ll pay y’all one thousand.
 5. This is my land, I’m not going away.
 6. Now, it’s the government’s property, and if you don’t want to go away, I’m calling the police.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 03:08:08 PM »
Melanie had been forced to raise her hand to stop Maki from doing something that would make the situation far worse. She looked at the man who eventually diffused the situation.

"Nice to meet you Professor I'm Melanie Bell." Melanie said "And I'm the last person who was expecting to be here today. You ok Hugo?"
"I've had worse." Hugo said

"Where do you want us Mel?" It was the voice of Brian Raines, they'd arrived on site
"Talk to Lori there's a building on the site, that's all yours." Melanie said
"Any idea what we're looking at?" Brian asked
"Not a clue." Melanie said "Which is where Rosalie comes in."
"Figure out what this could be?" Rosalie asked "Needle in a haystack."
"Yeah but you love that." Melanie said, Rosalie grinned.
"All right I'll get to work." Rosalie said

"What about the rest of us?" Leon asked
"Dig out from the centre and let's see what happens next." Melanie said

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2018, 01:59:12 PM »
"Wow Amazing, Quintelians never seem to surprise me enough hehe." Dr. Fava commented as he, his daughter Sophia and dog Coco finally arrived at the perfect moment when crazy locals decided to take their matters in their own hands, not surprisingly speaking but that was to be expected in a country considered to be the 'Wild West' of Ardia. "Jokes aside, I'd like to thank thee Professor for inviting us and our Achkaerinese colleagues to this excavation, hopefully we all can figure this interesting mysterious...Let's get started I suppose Before the weather turns sour." The Favas followed the Professor who was also leading Bell's team.

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2018, 05:18:40 PM »
"Nice to be back in the field again." The Professor remarked as he looked around, the wind blowing on his gray hair and beard. "So, I've heard that a few skeletons were found here, is that correct?" He asked Melanie, still looking around the field. The air was humid and the sky was covered by a white sheet of clouds. "I suggest we cover the dig site first before any rain may damage it and for us and your men to find a place to rest for a while." Rodigar said as he began to walk towards a nipa hut along with the Achkaerinese personnel. The Professor knocked on the door, saying "Tao po![1]" A short old woman answered the door, with the professor continuing. "Mukha po kasing uulan mamaya, pwede po bang makituloy kaming lahat ng sandali[2]" To which the oldlady replied. "Ah sige sige, maaupo kayo sa sala, gusto niyo ba ng tubig? Pagkain?.[3]" The Professor replied. "Pahingi na lang po kami ng tubig.[4]" The lady went to another room while the professor had everyone seat at the living room. The old lady returned and gave everyone a glass of water. The sound of water hitting the roof was heard while the professor began.

"As you may or may not know, the province of Dagohoy is named after the rebel Dagohoy who established his own sort of independent nation." Professor Rodigar began his story on the history of Dagohoy. "In 1744, Francisco Dagohoy established the revolutionary group Dagohoyanan against the Ecclesiasticals after his wife was refused to be buried by the clergy. He amassed a fairly large population, around five thousand men and women joined the group and raided numerous towns. The church, had enough and began a fairly big campaign that lasted until 1798." Rodigar drank from a glass of water before continuing. "By 1798, Dagohoyanan, fifty-four years after it's established, still had a sizable manpower of 4,000 buy was weakened nonetheless. The group met with the main Ecclesiastical force and the Battle of Dagohoy is commonly known as Dagohoy's Last Stand as Dagohoy himself was killed in action. His remains were never been found or identified, however, we have a few teeth that were collected when they began falling off due to old age. If we can find a skull that matches with the teeth there, we can finally close the case on that." He took a deep breath before speaking once again. "There is also a chance that these skeletons are from a burial ground of the Esiha tribe before the Ecclesiasticals arrived. There's also a chance that a battle took place between the Allied States of Ardia and Ecclesiastical State and Quintelians that has not been recorded, but those are just my speculations."

1. Anyone there?
 2. It looks like it's going to rain, can we all stay for a while?
 3. Ah okay, okay, please do sit down on the living room. Do you want a glass of water? Food?
 4. How about some water?

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2018, 07:33:25 PM »
Melanie sighed and stood up, beginning to pace the room as she collected her thoughts.

"One of the bonus's to archaeology is that nothing really goes missing when it comes to bones, dig down deep enough and you'll find things from a long time ago." Melanie said "Now the bones we found date to the late 1800's so your story is about a century too early for these bones however our funky satelitte called Apollo, well it's not ours it belongs to the Achkaerin University of Art and Culture and by proxy the CETO but Donna Steele doesn't mind loaning it out. Anyway the satelitte showed a few other buried things across these fields, they could be bodies or small objects though I'd bet on them being bodies. The real interesting though is the building, we don't know what it is yet but once Brian digs it up we'll have a fair idea. Rather than speculate we need to dig and let what we find guide us."

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2018, 12:09:41 AM »
"Very well" Sir Fava said, "I suppose we should start now before it becomes too dark. Professor while we're at it, could you tell your people to fetch us some extra snacks and water just in case? I've been dying to munch on real Quintelian delicacies once more; there's always time for some dried mango and biscocho, no matter the ocassion. Speaking of these bones stemming from the late 1800s as Melanie here said, Professor wouldn't that be the time when the Ecclesiastical State helped topple that psychopatic dictator of yours? What was his name again...there were a few battles and skirmishes which took place between loyalists and rebels + ES troops." Sir Fava inquired as Coco the Dog began sniffing around and do actual dog stuff.

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2018, 04:09:19 PM »
"I know for certain that it will rain, since there's widespread cloud seeding in here lately. I'm going to hope that this barangay has rentable sheds so that we can work on one small part while the rest are covered in tarpaulin or plastic. Now, Melanie, do you have any big machinery? I believe it would be useful as to not encourage any other locals in trespassing." The professor started, sitting down while petting Coco the Dog. "Now, of course, I can ask this nice old, nice lady for us to stay in for weeks or months if the weather isn't approving; or we can stay in a mobile mini-headquarters that will be arriving in within an hour or so." Professor Macalib-og continued. "As for the Fava here, I'll just suggest asking the elderly woman for some food. I'm not a waiter you know." He laughs loudly, before clearing his throat. "So, let's get to working now, shall we?"

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2018, 10:46:06 PM »
"I was only ever really here to do a fun outdoors class for a friend who's a teacher at the local school, I didn't expect to still be here a few days later." Melanie said "As such we've had to fly equipment in but it'll do the job. With that said let's get going." she glanced at her watch it was half past six in the evening, she straightened her leather jacket and bit her lip her eyes trained on the field around them as the rain clouds threatened "Come on give up your secrets."

It was around half eleven when Brian called Melanie, Fava and the Quintelian Professor over to where he'd been leading the dig around the building that their satellite imagery said was underground.

"You're not going to believe this." Brian said "Whatever this building is the roof's intact."
"Do you think the inside's preserved?" Melanie asked
"Tomb effect?" Brian said "Possibly. What do you want to do, call it a night and start fresh in the morning?" he saw the look in Melanie's eye "No of course you don't." the young girl was so much like her father.
"Get the harnesses, let's make a small hole." Melanie said "We'll take an initial look tonight and go full on from the morning."

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2018, 07:49:22 AM »
"Ok, I'll let your men do the job, since it's your discovery. I'm just going to chill here for a while. I'm an old man and I can't do such heavy work." The professor said, as he grabbed a rolled up stick of marijuana. "Let me do my favorite past time, and I'll let you do the digging." He lit the stick of jazz cigarettes and sat relaxed on a chair. As the sun set and the moon rose, the clouds began to grow. The whole village was asleep, with the only light coming from the dig site, a small shed, with the roof made out of tarpaulin. The professor took a small sip of water after his session. Carrying a small umbrella just in case, he looked at where the Achkaerinese people began their dig.

"Hmmm, the house does look like it was built in 1800s." He began, upon the sight of the roof. "The roof is made of ceramic tiles, which was a popular material used from 1860 to 1910s following the eruption of Mt. Tinubuan." He said, pressing his fingers on the roof before continuing. "However, I can't guess what this building is and if anything inside it is still intact, and I'll let you dig the small hole and take photographs of it, I'll examine it tomorrow when I get a better rest." He said, as the flashes of lightning connecting the clouds lit the sky, and the sound of downpour echoed through the silent village.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2018, 12:51:01 AM »
Leon and Lori had the harness set up half an hour later, the hard part had been positioning the tripod then Natasha had prized away enough of what appeared to be roof tiles to create a big enough hole to lower Melanie through. As they did that Brian had taken Melanie to one side.

"Remember this is just a cursory look, don't go too far from the hole because we obviously don't want to have to come down there after you." Brian said "You got your ears in?"
"Yeah." Melanie said, tapping a Bluetooth like earpiece that she'd just put on.
"Ok got everything else?" Brian asked
"Yep." Melanie said
"I've got the other com." Brian said "Good luck."

A few moments later Melanie was being strapped into the harness by Natasha and Rosalie, they'd dropped a glowstick through the hole and discovered it wasn't a bad drop in terms of length.
"All ship shape." Natasha said "We'll drop you nice and slow ok?"
"Got it." Melanie said

It took around five minutes of cautious lowering to get Melanie through the hole and to the floor of the building whatever it was, after unhitching herself from the harness she took her torch out and shone it around
"Well it's certainly a big space." Melanie said "The roof looks to be slanted so we're going to need the extendable ladder to get up and down. I'm going to take a look towards the other end of the space."
"Ok remember don't go too far." Brian said
"I know." Melanie said

Melanie took a few steps away continuing to sweep the room in front of her with the torch, she was a little puzzled about the purpose of the building it didn't seem like a house then the light hit something which answered the question.

"You've got to be kidding me." Melanie said
"What is it?" Brian asked
"It's a church." Melanie said
"Are you sure?" Brian asked
"Yeah my torch just shone on the metal cross on the altar." Melanie said "Definitely Christian and judging by what I can see of the imagery I'm guessing Catholic."
"How the heck does a church get buried without anyone noticing?" Brian asked
"Good question." Melanie said "Natural disaster would be my guess but the locals may know better than us."
"Agreed." Brian said "Is it intact?"
"Looks like it but I can't see all of it yet." Melanie said
"Ok come back before it gets too wet and we'll take a look properly in the morning." Brian said
"Copy that on my way." Melanie said

Topside Brian looked at Alexandra

"Skeletons from the late 1800's, a buried church from earlier probably and heaven's knows what else." Brian said "What the heck are we looking at here?"
"Good question." Alexandra said "Let's hope tomorrow brings some answers."

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2018, 11:23:35 PM »
"Definitely something spectacular going on back there, I have to say my friends." Dr. Fava commented as the Group head headed back to the field hq; this dig just became more and more intriguing as they began to unravel this entire mystery.

"Speaking of finding a Christian Church, I'm always amazed whenever the success story of the Ecclesiastical State as an colonial empire pops up in my mind. The country ruled by the Papacy which had more than 570,000 inhabitants in total by the year of 1600, managed to subdue the Quintelian realm, which was and is vastly superior in size when it comes to population and area; fast forward some time later and the same happens to Pardclinia. The result is the country becoming one of the largest in the Southern Albionite and Ardian spheres, and among the wealthiest for its tiny size, thanks to the trade not only from the colonies but also with the nearby Chinese. To be able to sustain and maintain this without frictions, save for the Dagohoy revolt in the late 1700s, one can't imagine the organised bureaucracy, skill of words to be able to commit such an endeavor...in other words a miracle."

Dr. Fava said with a smile, Quintelian-Ecclesiastical history being one of his favorite parts within his field of branch, with a major part being the Close relations still being kept between the two countries, sharing a common history and cultural influences with each other.

"What do you say, fellow Professors and researchers, Am I too eager hehe?"

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2019, 12:29:44 AM »
"Probably not Doctor." Melanie said "But I'll tell you what I am...absolutely shattered."
"Worn yourself out again?" Natasha asked
"Something like it." Melanie said with a weak smile "So let's get some sleep and come back to this in the morning."

The following morning they were stood around the field HQ again, this time looking at their satellite data and imagery.

"That's an awful lot of body clusters isn't it?" Leon asked
"More than one battle's worth that's for sure." Brian said "What do you want to do today Melanie?"

"I'd like to get the ladders and get a proper look at the Church interior with Mr Fava and our Quintelian colleague." Melanie said "Do you feel like digging up some of those bodies?"
"No problem." Lori said
"I'm coming with you." Rosalie said
"Fine." Melanie said "It'll take about an hour to get the ladders in place so let's get started."

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2019, 06:45:56 PM »
After listening to Fava rant on stuff he knows about when he was still in high school, he replied. "I'd think you'd pass my classes for the freshman year and get some extra credit." Giving himself a small giggle before continuing. "However, basic knowledge on Quintelian history is needed, and yeah, great job sir Fava."

The next day, Rodigar woke up later than everyone else, as being tired and old. He went to where the Achkaerinese were, with their fancy equipment. "It might be a battle, or a mass grave for this town's settlers." He commented, looking at the satellite imagery. "I'd also like to take a peek on what's inside this church; also, can some of my students borrow your satellites for their thesis? Of course not now, but, in a few months." He asked, still in awe on the imagery and whatnot.

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2019, 01:25:55 PM »
OOC: Is this abandoned now or did y'all just wait for me to come back? Also, should we discuss what the discovery would be in discord?