Author Topic: Edelweiss Festival 2018 OOC  (Read 1196 times)

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
Edelweiss Festival 2018 OOC
« on: June 20, 2018, 01:21:35 AM »
Back for a second year (and hopefully more organised and refined than last year) is the Edelweiss Festival, I'm broadening it out a little to try and increase involvement and generate some creativity.

What is the Edelweiss Festival?

In simple terms the Edelweiss Festival is a partial rip off/fusion of the BBC Proms/Children in Need. It runs coinciding with the dates of the BBC Proms so the 13th of July to the 8th of September. ICly it's a major thing in the Achkaerinese calendar, organized by the Silvermist family that I opened up in part to people last year by inviting select nations to send orchestra's to play on certain nights of the festival. This year I'm opening it up a little more by introducing two new locations so the festival now has three main venues throughout the City of Valtheim below you'll find information on each of them and an explanation of what is going to be going on there during the festival.

The Royal Theatre

This is the main venue for the festival as this is where the orchestra's play, in more recent times international orchestra's have been invited to play here on certain nights. This invitational process will continue this year and the international orchestra's will be selected by the organising committee (OOCly I'll be asking people if they're happy for one from their nation to come). You may submit musicians to play at this venue and while obviously I would be prepared to consider something like the Three Tenors to perform at this venue this is a venue that is generally for instrumental music not vocal songs.

Memorial Park

this is the equivalent of Proms in the Park, essentially it's where other musical artists not playing in the main venue will play. Remember to be mindful of the potential audience and the cause of fundraising when sending in applications for this because I reserve the right to reject applications that are not in keeping with the ethos of the festival.

The Royal Valtheim University Theatre

This is where you get a chance to use your creativity, come up with an idea for a play or a musical or other oratory and provide a brief outline of it (think how Dave ran the Ozzie's this year) you may base it on something that exists but don't do a copy and paste of it. My advice would be to either Mundusify an existing idea somehow or to take an event from the RP history and base it around that.

Charities

As I've mentioned above the Edelweiss Festival is a charity fundraising event, with numerous charities benefitting, generally I keep a list of charities that are in play ICly and choose from that a selection of usually ten charities, the final tally of money is then split Icly between them in equal shares. The charity's will be revealed around two to three days in advance of opening night OOCly speaking.

Note - the Pride question is for organisational purposes due to Pride potentially falling in July while the festival is on. If an act is playing Pride then the organising committee for Edelweiss will not schedule that act to appear during Pride and a couple of days either side so as to avoid a clash of schedules.

Musical Acts
Code: [Select]
[b]Act Name:[/b] Who are you?
[b]Preferred Venue:[/b] (Royal Theatre or Memorial Park)
[b]Are you intending on performing at Pride this year?[/b] (Yes/No)
[b]Sample of Music[/b] Use Youtube URL's to provide three different songs for the purposes of scheduling

Play/Musical/Oratory
Code: [Select]
[b]Performer[/b] Who are you? (if a group i.e. "Royal Shakespeare Company" then put that)
[b]Production Name[/b] What's the production called?
[b]Play/Musical/Oratory[/b] What is it genre wise?
[b]Author[/b] (include both writer and composer if a musical)
[b]Synopsis[/b] Tell us a little about the piece being performed