Author Topic: Ardian Futures Summit  (Read 13825 times)

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
Re: Ardian Futures Summit
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2018, 12:25:38 AM »
"Ladies and gentlemen please." Xiaoling said after a slight sigh "I agree with the Deputy Taoiseach and Duke Lascelles, we need to proceed logically. I suggest first that we consider the remainder of the potential charter then we can revisit the Quintelian suggestion, because there is no point talking specifics until we have a document that we're all happy with in place. So may I suggest that unless anyone objects that we focus on further areas which could go into the charter such as cultural aspects or perhaps economics? Let's get back to discussing ways we can work together please."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2018, 06:16:13 AM »
"I also concur," Beatrice added to Xiaoling's statement. "However, I must lodge my concern with a nation of Alba Karinya influencing the manner in which our organisation takes form before we proceed any further. Let us be honest, Nurashima/Barnacle is disputed territory and the matter of sovereignty over these islands remains disputed to this day. The Heyran Republic has cited this disputed territory as its entrance to this Summit, a fact which draws great concern as the People of the Islands have yet had the opportunity to have a voice in their very future. Self-determination has long been a value shared throughout Ardia, and to allow a power which is not native to Ardia, which seeks a voice in shaping Ardian institutions and policies via territory which is not even minimally recognized as Heyran such a voice, undermines Ardia's independent voice."

Pausing, Beatrice continued. "This is not to say I have an issue with the Heyran delegation being present in a capacity as observers. I do, however, lodge my formal objection at the Heyran Republic being in a position where it may make proposals, or cast a vote upon, matters which impact Ardian nations and their peoples. Once the organisation is formed, and should Heyra be accepted through those mechanisms we institute, naturally a Heyran voice would be appropriate under such circumstances. Until such a time, however, I would urge that Heyra's involvement be curtailed to that of observers, not as a voice which unduly impacts native Ardian nations when its present claims are dubious at best."

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
  • Hallo, Ich bin eine Filipino.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Quintelia, Socram and Sarandib
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2018, 12:09:51 PM »
"What I meant is to have a small peacekeeping force that can be used by any nation with the apptoval of the majority of the representatives of the Ardian Assembly." King Lapu explained before continuing. "Though I do understand that we need to first form an official charter, so I think we can put my proposition away for a while and do talk about more important things." King Lapu finished, with President Colbert remaining silent.

Offline Tamed_Untamed

• Basically New Zealand
  • Just a writer.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Azenyanistan
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2018, 01:32:08 PM »
Soa could only shake her head at the coming argument and say "The Sirinisians are not interested in the conflict nor are the Sirinisians eager to see such conflict develop. We came to Barnacle only to help but if people try to cause trouble, we will defend ourselves. It's what any reasonable humanitarian force would do."
Whatever you say, Walker. No matter what happens next, don't be too hard on yourself. After all you've done, you can still go home...

- Konrad, Spec-ops: The Line

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2018, 03:26:11 PM »
Xiaoling sighed this needed to move back to where it had been a few moments earlier.

"In simple terms there is a list of things we likely need to discuss here, we've dealt with communication but we also need to consider trade, ease of travel, culture, education, security and of course membership criteria, these are going to form the basic building blocks of any initiative we come up with here today. So without wishing to tread on our hosts toes could I ask what the meetings thoughts are on a potential trading relationship between ourselves and how that might work?" Xiaoling said

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2018, 08:15:26 PM »
"If cultural attachments were the metric we used in such proceedings the nation of Aeternum could have considered itself South East Ardian, Zachachevania perhaps could have laid claim to being a part of Cotf Aranye; do tell me, what sense would this have made? Heyra is a nation of Alba Karinya, its trade and cultural arrangements are irrelevant to this point; you represent a nation of Alba Karinya. As I said I don't mind your presence in a capacity to observe, however, until we have an organisation formed and have rules and procedures for an admissions process established I find it inappropriate for you to have a voice in matters which impact native Ardian nations."

"Also, to have a non-native nation challenging the democratic institutions of an actual Ardian nation is in quite poor taste," Beatrice continued. "Rokkenjimans support the Crown, possess an elected government at all levels and are pioneers in referendum and electronic democracy platforms. With this blatant attack I would move that our host make clear that the Heyrans are indeed here as guests, and should have no further voice until such a time the dispute over Nurashima/Barnacle has been resolved, and any resultant organisation of these talks has actually admitted the Republic as a member. At this point it remains inappropriate for an Alba Karinya nation to have say in matters concerning Ardia."

"As you say talks are to be held, most notably without the presence of those who desire independence from both Heyra and Himeyama. As the islands remain disputed, and were the basis for your very presence here today, I again state that a foreign nation using territory which is in dispute as their claim to being an Ardian state. While I agree with the positons laid out by my fellow Ardian states we must also ensure that our future is decided by Ardians, not those from afar who wish to challenge the facts of geography."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Agira Latina
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2018, 10:25:58 PM »
The Duke had heard enough and stood up, "For Helus sake" he yelled bringing the room almost instantly to silence, a hard scowl on his face. "I now realise why there has been no successful Ardian initiative while other continents manage to get things together. Look north from here and you'll see Alba Karinya, a continent that has agreed to tariff reducation, fast track visas and establishing embassies. Meanwhile I sit around a table with a bunch of people who appear to be of the nature that if one said the sky was blue someone would have to disagree, or even worse someone would then go on to tell me the colour of grass. To borrow an often used phrase, this is like herding cats." He paused and then lowered his voice. "Allow me to address a few things, first to our Rokkenjiman delegations point" he recalled how the High Priestess had removed Beatrice from her position as a Sword/Shield Guardian of the Ironside children, something that carried a deep stigma in the Cultist faith he held dear and so wasn't about to use her title unless he had no choice, "She is correct, the Heyran's are here as our guest, but so is every single nation around this table. You are here because I invited you and you accepted and that means you are my guest" He gave the Empress a stern gaze, "This is my homeland, the people elected me to lead it and I will treat all guests the same as far as possible within our culture."

"Now as for Heyra's position I am not convinced by it totally myself. However there was method in my madness in allowing them to come before we established an organisation. What I don't want is some wishy washy organisation where people pick and choose which sections they follow and which they don't. Heyra applying after the date we negotiate a treaty would mean them perhaps attempting to pick and choose which articles they want to follow. If they've been in the talks all along that is impossible. Now what I suggest is this, we have an agreement around this table that once we finish discussing the actual contents of this charter we give nations the ability to oppose the membership of any other. Should such an opposing motion be made all of those around the table shall vote. Once we have heard all objections those of us left sign the charter. That allows Heyra to shape an organisation they may be admitted to while giving those of us around this table who question whether Heyra is truly Ardian to at the correct moment have that debate."

"Now I wish to see these talks stick to an actual point." Hugo made a play of looking at his watch, "Personally I have heard that our rugby season starts in two weeks and frankly I'd like to be out of this room by then." he teased. "Now this is what we will do." He adopted his best military officer tone, his hands placed shoulder width on the table and his body leaning forward. "We shall discuss this military idea, not whether aid or soldiers should be sent to Pheubra because that would be a decision for the Ardian organisation to determine, and frankly we don't seem to be any closer to having one of those so we may as well be discussing what to do when the Unicorns bring back the magic elves as what to do with regards to Pheubra." He shot King Lapu and the Sirinisin an icey glance.

"Lets for the sake of debate then look at a potential Article 4- The Ardian Peaceforce, or whatever you'd call it. Now I see several issues straight away[1]. First is this, not every nation around this table has signed the Uppsala Convention. So therefore any force will be dealing with potential clashes in the way rules of engagement are made for a start. Now even imagining those who haven't sign it do we still have the issue that this is not a national military. King Lapu has called for a full time paramilitary, that puts them in the Uppsala Convention as a militia. Article 3.4 of the Uppsala convention states "3.4 Militias should undertake no action that knowingly endangers the lives of civilians." Imagine this paramilitary does....whose government is held responsible because someone has to be? Now in the past the world has seen CTO operations, there the forces while under the CTO banner retain their connection to their nation of origin, granting accountability. Should the paramilitary be say just formed from Quinetlia this would be like the CTO operation, as soon as it becomes the Ardian Paramilitary that accountability goes. Next issue is the funding, many of us around this table already spend many billions on our military, you are now advocating that we send this paramilitary much much more money. Your starting a unit from scratch and so therefore the cost is going to be rather significant. We then have the practicalities, where will this unit be stationed, it'll need somewhere to live, train and equip for operations. How will it get to areas its needed, because as soon as we start combining our standing militaries with a multi-national paramilitary just so we can move them around we have issues of command and control, beside most paramilitaries operate within the country they are raised, that's kind of the point of them, to support at times of crisis the regular forces. This brings me to my last point, one that is culturally very significant here." Hugo unstrapped his sword and placed it on the table, "Our nation is one of Cultists, it says very strictly in our codes to be loyal to YOUR nation. As such Cultists have a very specific hatred of mercenaries throughout history. Serving another country rather than your own is a no no as far as we are concerned. That sword represents my commitment to my faith and I will sitting here depart from it. Having a multi-national paramilitary as part of this organisation is essentially creating a unit of mercenaries with no loyalty to their own homelands and as such I will have zero part of it, nor will Bakkermaya. I suggest therefore we put this matter of creating a multi-national paramilitary to the vote once anyone else has had their say. Now please....keep to the point of this proposed article." Hugo picked up his sword and sat back down cradling it across his lap. 
 1. Thanks Dave

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2018, 12:42:10 AM »
"From where I sit this would be a huge mistake for all the reasons that Duke Lascelles has just explained. For all its failings the CTO does at least understand that when it is time to use military force there is a right way of doing it and a wrong way of doing it. If we are going to have a military section in this charter then my opinion is that we are far better off doing it the way that other organisations do it, which is once a situation has been looked at and steps leading up to the use of force taken, including other avenues then it's got to be about which members are prepared on that occasion to commit their forces and then appointing a qualified individual to command the operation in question. I don't support it, I don't believe the idea can be supported without significant consequences and implications that could call into question the standing of the organisations membership." Xiaoling said

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2018, 08:33:49 PM »
"I assume then that nobody else wishes to promote this organisation having its own military branch. Therefore we'll attempt to move on" Hugo said looking around the table as no one had voiced anything in further support of the proposal. Hugo looked back at his notes and then presented what he had in mind.

Quote from: Charter Part 2

Section 4 - Travel

1. Member states agree to define travel into three purposes;
i) Business
ii) Tourist
iii) Study

2. Each of these purposes shall have their own conditions which all member nations shall accept.

3. Business travel may be visa free if the traveller posses a written invite from a host nations government or company, they have a return ticket booked within 20 days, can financially support their stay and are not deemed a threat to nation security.

4. Tourist travel may take place on an Ardian Tourist Visa (ATV). This will be granted by the home nation so long as the traveller has no criminal record. The ATV will last 60 days and be valid in all member nations so far as the host nations border posts believe the following conditions are meet, the traveller has no intention to take paid employment during their stay, has funds to cover their stay, has evidence of leaving the nation before the end of the 60 day window and is not deemed a threat to nation security.

5. Students will not require a visa to study in another member nation so far as the following conditions are meet, the student has a letter of acceptance from a registered institute of learning, they can cover the cost of both their course and their stay in the host nation and they are not deemed a threat to national security. Any students residing in another host nation are restricted to a maximum of 15 hours paid employment a week.

6. Travellers buying locally produced goods will not be charged import duties upon their return home so long as the goods are within limits set for personal use.

Section 5 - Trade

1. Nations agree to not engage in practices designed to weaken or disrupt the trade of other members.

2. Nations agree to reduce tariffs to match that of the lowest tariff charged non-member nations. Exception to this is if a non-member nation has its own treaty or agreement with a member nation.

3. Nations agree to a common standard for food and drink product packaging. This must contain an expiry date, ingredients, allergy information and nutritional data. 

4. Member nations allow other member nations companies to establish a presence so long as the following criteria are meet.
i) The company adhere to all local laws regulating the practice of their business.
ii) The Company pay all locally required taxes
iii) The Company recruit at least 70% of its staff from host nation citizens.

5. A foreign company shall not be charged any additional taxes or charges beyond that paid at a local level for removing profits back to their nation.

Section 6 - Education

1. There shall be an annual Adrian Teachers Conference in order to share best practice for education of 11-18 year olds.

2. There shall be annual University Games between students. This shall be an academic event between students of all member nations.

3. Nations agree to work together to promote a Literacy Rate of 99% in all Ardian nations.

4. Nations agree to work together to ensure no gender gap in literacy rates.

5. Nations agree to take part in an annual student exchange programme.

6. It shall be the aim that by 2025 all member nations schools are partnered with at least one other school from a different member state.

Section 7 - Amendments

1. Nations may propose amendments or additions to this document at any time.

2. For an amendment or addition to be accepted it must gain the approval of 70% of nations voting on the motion.

Section 8 - Membership

1. Any nation with territory on the continent of Ardia.

2. Upon receipt of a written application any member may oppose membership of the applicant.

3. Should opposition be registered both parties will be invited to make a presentation to the Assembly. The opposing party must make their presentation first allowing the applicant to address concerns. There shall then be a debate which the applicant is permitted to participate in. A vote will then be taken with a majority decision being required for membership.

4. Any member nation deemed to have acted outside the spirit of this charter may be banned for a period of 30 days by a motion being presented to the Assembly and a majority vote taken. An exclusion may only take place after the 30 day window and a debate and vote carried out. 65% of voting members must agree to an exclusion.

5. Any excluded nation may reapply for membership after 12 months has elapsed or should two members of the Assembly give their written support to a new application.

"So please give me your thoughts or additions."   
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 08:47:31 PM by RobertAgira »

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2018, 11:52:28 PM »
"It's very satisfactory to me." Xiaoling said "However I would like to raise a point in regards to section 4 and the business travel, I may be stating the obvious or asking a foolish question but business travel can mean more than a day trip or a long weekend of wheeling and dealing it can actually for example mean being on site as a liaison between two companies embarking on a joint project, something such as that would suggest a time period longer than 20 days. It just seems to me that the spirit of the section is good in that it attempts to promote business cooperation and collaboration but the way it is worded potentially hinders it by placing a time limit, may I suggest an amendment permitting the host nation to renew the invitation as required?"

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2018, 10:49:03 AM »
"What we hope to avoid is something where the person simply moves indefinatly. Each nation will have their own system for immigration and the right to remain in their nation. We do not seek to change that. Having it able to renew indefinatly is not something we would support. However what about this."

Section 4 - Travel

i) Business
ii) Tourist
iii) Study

2. Each of these purposes shall have their own conditions which all member nations shall accept.

3. Business travel may be visa free if the traveller posses a written invite from a host nations government or company, they have a return ticket booked within 20 days, can financially support their stay and are not deemed a threat to nation security. This may be renewed twice with the approval of the host government.

4. Tourist travel may take place on an Ardian Tourist Visa (ATV). This will be granted by the home nation so long as the traveller has no criminal record. The ATV will last 60 days and be valid in all member nations so far as the host nations border posts believe the following conditions are meet, the traveller has no intention to take paid employment during their stay, has funds to cover their stay, has evidence of leaving the nation before the end of the 60 day window and is not deemed a threat to nation security.

5. Students will not require a visa to study in another member nation so far as the following conditions are meet, the student has a letter of acceptance from a registered institute of learning, they can cover the cost of both their course and their stay in the host nation and they are not deemed a threat to national security. Any students residing in another host nation are restricted to a maximum of 15 hours paid employment a week.

6. Travellers buying locally produced goods will not be charged import duties upon their return home so long as the goods are within limits set for personal use.

"This will give plenty of time for projects to be seen to get up and running, but at the same time not make a company reliant on the type of agreement we are talking about."

Offline BenOfTheIwi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Commonwealth of the Unified Iwi
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2018, 09:30:06 AM »
"With the amendment in place allowing renewal of the business travel The Iwi supports what we have so far. I would also like to suggest an amendment to the section on membership. We have seen in the past and in other regional organisations people using the treaties of organisations like a self service buffet, picking and choosing which bits they wish to apply to their nation. I believe we should make it clear from the outset that this new organisation will have one standard of membership. If I was to compare this to our nation, around this table we have many tribes, or Iwi, it would be unfair and unwise to treat one tribe different to the others, to give them less responsibility or more favourable treatment. As such The Iwi would do everything possible to bring about an organisation where all shoulder the same responsibilities and have the same rights."

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2018, 10:38:51 AM »
"Having taken onboard the two points raised by Achkaerin and The Iwi I believe we have a complete charter. That is unless anyone has any issues."

Quote from: Charter

Section 1

1. There shall be an Assembly of Ardia based in Edwinstowe, Bakkermaya. This assembly shall be made up of one voting delegate per nation. Nations may nominate any individual deemed qualified to address the Assembly on their behalf.

2. The Assembly shall meet once a month to discuss issues of importance. Should two nations feel a matter requires immediate review it shall meet within 6 hours of the request being made.

3. The Assembly shall discuss options for solutions to problems facing Ardia and shall vote on recommendations. This process shall include the settling of disputes between Ardian nations, in those cases the nations involved may not vote but may take part in discussions.

Section 2

1. The Ardian Assembly shall also create a criminal intelligence sharing network. Each nation shall appoint one individual to act as a liaison.

2. It is expected that nations co-operate with foreign investigations and make intelligence available to other nations so far as.

a) Doing so does not endanger ongoing investigations.
b) Doing so does not endanger national security
c) Doing so does not breach any other international agreement.

3. Nations agree to extradite criminal suspects if they are presented with reasonable evidence and are assured that torture will not be used to extract evidence and that the accused will get a fair trial.

4. Nations will be under no obligation to extradite if there is a chance of the accused being executed.

Section 3

1. The Assembly shall establish a network for Genocide Awareness. The aim of this network is to gather information about the genocides Ardia has experienced in order to bring perpetrators to trial and to ensure the memory of victims is kept alive.

2. The Network shall be overseen by an individual voted for by the Assembly.

Section 4 - Travel

i) Business
ii) Tourist
iii) Study

3. Business travel may be visa free if the traveller posses a written invite from a host nations government or company, they have a return ticket booked within 20 days, can financially support their stay and are not deemed a threat to nation security. This may be renewed twice with the consent of the host country.

Section 5 - Trade

1. Nations agree to not engage in practices designed to weaken or disrupt the trade of other members.

2. Nations agree to reduce tariffs to match that of the lowest tariff charged non-member nations. Exception to this is if a non-member nation has its own treaty or agreement with a member nation.

3. Nations agree to a common standard for food and drink product packaging. This must contain an expiry date, ingredients, allergy information and nutritional data. 

4. Member nations allow other member nations companies to establish a presence so long as the following criteria are meet.
i) The company adhere to all local laws regulating the practice of their business.

5. A foreign company shall not be charged any additional taxes or charges beyond that paid at a local level for removing profits back to their nation.

Section 6 - Education

1. There shall be an annual Adrian Teachers Conference in order to share best practice for education of 11-18 year olds.

2. There shall be annual University Games between students. This shall be an academic event between students of all member nations.

3. Nations agree to work together to promote a Literacy Rate of 99% in all Ardian nations.

6. It shall be the aim that by 2025 all member nations schools are partnered with at least one other school from a different member state.

Section 7 - Amendments

2. For an amendment or addition to be accepted it must gain the approval of 70% of nations voting on the motion.

Section 8 - Membership

1. Any nation with territory on the continent of Ardia may apply for membership so long as they are willing to accept all aspects of the charter in full.

2. Upon receipt of a written application any member may oppose membership of the applicant.

3. Should opposition be registered both parties will be invited to make a presentation to the Assembly. The opposing party must make their presentation first allowing the applicant to address concerns. There shall then be a debate which the applicant is permitted to participate in. A vote will then be taken with a majority decision being required for membership.

4. Any member nation deemed to have acted outside the spirit of this charter may be banned for a period of 30 days by a motion being presented to the Assembly and a majority vote taken. An exclusion may only take place after the 30 day window and a debate and vote carried out. 65% of voting members must agree to an exclusion.

5. Any excluded nation may reapply for membership after 12 months has elapsed or should two members of the Assembly give their written support to a new application.

OOC- I'll give until Thursday evening for anyone to bring stuff to the table or critique the charter. Otherwise I'll assume everyone likes it and move to a signing ceremony.

Offline Tamed_Untamed

• Basically New Zealand
  • Just a writer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2018, 10:47:33 AM »
The Sirinisian nodded to what she saw and stated "I agree to all these. I find it that my country will have no problem whatsoever with these terms in the charter." She then nodded to Hugo and said "I'd like to request for permission to leave early. I will sign Sirinisi into this charter but I must go afterwards and cannot remain for other events. I have other business to attend to. I do apologize."
Whatever you say, Walker. No matter what happens next, don't be too hard on yourself. After all you've done, you can still go home...

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2018, 10:52:04 AM »
"I'm not holding you hostage" Hugo laughed, "You're of course free to leave as soon as you wish, although we're assuming no one wishes to bring up anything new, we'd then need an hour or two for the civil servants to make a formal copy in each language. Then we can sign it."

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2018, 11:27:19 AM »
"I have no objection." President Colbert said before continuing. "However, I must ask, what do you mean by partnering with another nation's school? What about schools we established deep in the mountains which students hike to for thirty minutes?" The President asked, with King Lapu continuing. "Sorry to but in, but what about indigenous schools that are trying to protect their own cultures? Also, define by partnered up? Do they have to work together on something or is it just a title?" The King asked as the President seemed to agree on asking the same questions.

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2018, 10:44:04 AM »
Hugo had jotted down the points made by the President as he spoke and then from the King. "If I may explain, a partnership can be anything the schools involved agree upon, that can be from sharing lesson resources to taking part in pen-pal programmes or even exchanges. For example presently some Bakkermayan schools are twinned with those in East Moreland. That see's some go visit and we host their students, for others it see's them simply send each other cards on Feast Days. We have some schools here that are actually operated by private schools in East Moreland, mainly faith schools. So essentially the level of interaction is completely up to the two schools involved. Those schools in remote areas can still be part of these scheme, their location and accessibility may determine the extent to their partnership but it could still happen. I suspect you'd find some willing teachers from right here in Edwinstowe more than willing to come and hike to see how teachers work in such conditions, meanwhile I'm sure some of the teachers from those schools would be interested in some of the work done here in Edwinstowe. As for indigenous schools, its all well and good teaching their culture that's fine, but that has nothing to do with pedagogical approaches. Teachers can be the way these schools are partnered and as such sharing ideas and methods for teaching is the way to go. I hope that puts aside the fears of that part of the charter and makes it clear what we hope to achieve."

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2018, 11:56:56 AM »
"Ok, that clears a few more things up." King Lapu replied, before continuing. "And if there's no-one else objecting, then I'm signing it." Meanwhile, the President thought for a few seconds before continuing. "If there are teachers willing to do that, then sure, why not. Though I have to say that I or any other governing entity in Pardclinia, are not liable to any accident or injury that may happen to any willing teachers."

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2018, 08:54:42 PM »
"Excellent" Grand Duke Hugo breathed a sigh of relief, "Anyone else?"

OOC- Ill give to Wednesday then get the pens out.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2018, 11:14:58 PM »
Xiaoling looked at first Aiika and then Winston both were happy and she was happy

"The proposal has my support." Xiaoling said

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2018, 01:40:46 PM »
With no one voicing their concerns Hugo sent the documents off to be written up formerly. A group of calligraphers from a local workshop were on standby writing the thing down in all the various languages on thick creamy parchment. In the meantime he had arranged for lunch on the Ducal Palace's terreace while a professor of some sorts offered tours of the Palace and grounds. Once the process had ben completed the sun was beginning to set and the terrace now provided a fantastic photographic back drop to a series of tables set up each with their own copy of the charter. "If you'd each like to take a seat" Hugo asked the delegates wishing to sign, he himself sat at one of the tables and picked up the pen and affixed his signature before passing his document to the left and taking one from the right.

Spoiler: Charter • show
[quote=Charter]

Section 1

1. There shall be an Assembly of Ardia based in Edwinstowe, Bakkermaya. This assembly shall be made up of one voting delegate per nation. Nations may nominate any individual deemed qualified to address the Assembly on their behalf.

2. The Assembly shall meet once a month to discuss issues of importance. Should two nations feel a matter requires immediate review it shall meet within 6 hours of the request being made.

3. The Assembly shall discuss options for solutions to problems facing Ardia and shall vote on recommendations. This process shall include the settling of disputes between Ardian nations, in those cases the nations involved may not vote but may take part in discussions.

Section 2

1. The Ardian Assembly shall also create a criminal intelligence sharing network. Each nation shall appoint one individual to act as a liaison.

2. It is expected that nations co-operate with foreign investigations and make intelligence available to other nations so far as.

a) Doing so does not endanger ongoing investigations.
b) Doing so does not endanger national security
c) Doing so does not breach any other international agreement.

3. Nations agree to extradite criminal suspects if they are presented with reasonable evidence and are assured that torture will not be used to extract evidence and that the accused will get a fair trial.

4. Nations will be under no obligation to extradite if there is a chance of the accused being executed.

Section 3

1. The Assembly shall establish a network for Genocide Awareness. The aim of this network is to gather information about the genocides Ardia has experienced in order to bring perpetrators to trial and to ensure the memory of victims is kept alive.

2. The Network shall be overseen by an individual voted for by the Assembly.

Section 4 - Travel

i) Business
ii) Tourist
iii) Study

3. Business travel may be visa free if the traveller posses a written invite from a host nations government or company, they have a return ticket booked within 20 days, can financially support their stay and are not deemed a threat to nation security. This may be renewed twice with the consent of the host country.

Section 5 - Trade

Section 6 - Education

Section 7 - Amendments

Section 8 - Membership

1. Any nation with territory on the continent of Ardia may apply for membership so long as they are willing to accept all aspects of the charter in full.

[/quote]

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2018, 12:17:39 AM »
It wasn't everyday that the Chief Councillor of Gowu got to sign things like this, usually such matters went above Xiaoling's head but this one didn't. She was hopeful that this time they had something that would work moving forwards, taking her seat she smiled and signed her name to the charter before doing as Lascelles had done.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2018, 01:32:36 PM »
Even if the representatives of the Commonwealth of Pretoria and the Dominion of Lion's Rock didn't say much during the entire ordeal, considering they also arrived late to the 'party', they felt nonetheless pleased and relaxed as they both read through the charter Before signing their respective names: Prime Minister Eugene Hawkins of Pretoria, on behalf of Lord Protector Steven II Pretorius...Prime Minister Zhao Ping of Lion's Rock, on behalf of Governor-General Seri Hawkins and Lord Procteor Steven II Pretorius.

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2018, 10:22:19 PM »
After clearing a few things up, King Lapu of Quintelia and President Colbert of Pardclinnia sat next to each other. They signed their respective treaties without a problem. "Finally, I can go easy on diplomacy with my fellow Ardians in diplomacy in the future." The King thought to himself, leaning and relaxing his back and body on the chair.

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2018, 10:34:02 PM »

Content with affixing her signature to the document Beatrice stood to bow to her host and contemporaries. "Let us not understate the accomplishment this development represents, nor the opportunities for Ardia which open before us. Through wise stewardship and great patience at times, Bakkermaya has guided this Summit well. May we all move forward into this new era and guide our continent to a brighter future."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline BenOfTheIwi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2018, 10:48:47 AM »
OOC- Before I determine the Maori approach can someone explain whether it's Gowu signing or Achkaerin. Same with Pretoria, it sounds like Pretoria is signing then Lion Rock, can we get some clarification please as this will have some influence on the decision of the Maori.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2018, 01:22:48 PM »
OOC: Pretoria's signing first then LR, considering the dominion "can conclude agreements and treaties with foreign governments, although the Pretorian Foreign Office has the power to veto those related to the status of the dominion's sovereignty, its defence or those deemed to have a 'negative impact on the vital interests' of the Greater Pretorian Commonwealth, although this power has never been invoked so far".

Offline Tamed_Untamed

• Basically New Zealand
  • Just a writer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2018, 02:50:08 PM »
The Sirinisian gladly signed her nation to the agreements that they all discussed and after that, she smiled at that and nodded to everyone before saying "I have signed myself and my nation to this. I must go now. Farewell!" And off she went through the door.

Offline BenOfTheIwi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2018, 03:06:26 PM »
OOC: Pretoria's signing first then LR, considering the dominion "can conclude agreements and treaties with foreign governments, although the Pretorian Foreign Office has the power to veto those related to the status of the dominion's sovereignty, its defence or those deemed to have a 'negative impact on the vital interests' of the Greater Pretorian Commonwealth, although this power has never been invoked so far".

So Lion Rocks the member not Pretoria?

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2018, 04:07:31 PM »
OOC- Ok let me see if I can clear this up

1) Gowu is the signatory not Achkaerin all my people in this are Gowu representatives.

2) I believe both Pretoria and Lion's Rock have signed it and that both are Ardian states based on claimed territory subject to the next map update.