Author Topic: Jewel of the Desert  (Read 14275 times)

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
Jewel of the Desert
« on: April 25, 2019, 08:36:27 AM »
Danyaal felt an arm creep around his shoulders and felt himself jump a little. It was his cousin, King Heydar, a friendly smile on his face. "Now Danyaal you know how I'm sending you to the airport to welcome the guests and put them on the helicopters right?" Danyaal nodded nervously, "And this year I expect you not to insult any of them." The King laughed a little and Danyaal smiled uneasily before a sudden pain flowed through his testicles as Heydar grabbed his balls. "Now if you repeat it this year I'm going to chop these off and feed them to the crows." he let go and stared in Danyaal's eyes, "Understand me."

"Yes Your Majesty" he said catching his breath. He remembered the beating given to him last year when he accidently insulted the Pope by not giving him a generous enough gift. King Akakois had beaten him with a belt in full view of the guests, the red scar on his back a reminder of the moment.

"Excellent" The King said as he made his way up to the walls that surrounded the Palace of the Sands leaving Danyaal to head off to the opposite side of the Palace where the Royal's helicopter awaited. As it lifted off Heydar sat down on the sofa on the viewing platform enjoying the view of the festival. To the North were the tents providing accomodation, those close to the Palace were huge and belonged to many nobles or rich businessman, the further back you went the smaller you got until you would have found yourself in a large communal tent. To the East were the non-jewellers tents, those providing food, drink, items those camping would need and even entertainment. A tent for watching dancing, another for music and various ones with a whole host of different uses. The vast majority of the festival site though was dominated by the tents of traders involved in jewellrey. Those selling precious metals, diamonds and gem stones in their raw form alongside those who had turned them into beautiful works of art. Even here prestige was demonstrated by size, those who sold goods to the nobility sat just a hundred meters away from the Palace, they had huge tents, they'd brought with them not just their stock but also workshops shop people wish custom made products, many also brought models to give shows of their goods and most even had facilities to entertain and provide hospitality to their potential cutsomers. At the very back the new businesses and those with less reputation and cheaper products resided, most of them would live and sleep in their small tents as well as sell from small tables.

"Your Majesty will need a new watch, new wife, new watch yes?" a voice called from below, it was Ghulam Raif a famed watch maker who had supplied the royal family for 40 years.

"You come and interupt my morning breakfast" The King said with a shake of his head but a smile. "You come and insult me, I will expect a big discount"

"ON top of what I already give the royal family? I have children to feed" Raif protested.

"Ghulam your children are forty years old" Heydar laughed. "I shall maybe stop by and see the impact of the insult to your prices." The two smiled as Ghulam bowed theatrically and backed away returning to his tent. It was the way things were done in Royal Seleucid, unless it was a formal store prices were negotiable and infact it was expected for markets such as this for haggling to take place it was after all part of the enjoyment of the festival having a laugh and joke with friends. The King had a leisurely breakfast and then made his way inside just as the stores began opening for the day, the noise of peddlers trying to attract business filling the air as music from the East drifting into the Palace. In the centre of the Palace was a lush green garden, very out of place in the desert, it had a bright multi-coloured canopy above it, the Kings own "Tent" cushions sat on the floor around low tables which servents had filled with food and drink of all kinds and it would be here that the King would greet any visiting dignitries and entertain his guests.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 08:22:46 PM by DaveIronside »

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Re: Jewell of the Desert
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2019, 12:05:46 PM »
Fixed

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
Re: Jewel of the Desert
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 11:05:48 PM »
The plane carrying Emperor Abbas and his First Wife Alya had left Djerb less than half an hour ago. It was for the first time the couple were visiting a foreign country together. While that might be strange for royal families of other countries, it was the norm in Tamora where the Emperor rarely if ever went outside the borders of his empire. So having both of them going abroad was rarer still. But this was just any foreign country they were going to, it was Royal Seleucid and the two kingdoms had developed an ever closer relationship. It was the product of both a shared history and culture ( Parthian was the second most spoken language in RS while Seleucid was the second most spoken language in Tamora) and also of close personal relations between the monarchs. The two kingdoms were absolute monarchies and if the HoSs did not get along then state relations could easily breakdown and could stay that way for a whole generation. Abbas had a good relationship with the late King Akakios, they saw eye to eye on many things  though they did disagree on a lot of others like what Abbas, and Manists  in general, saw as too much openness and trust of foreigners with the Lodjan affair being a prime example. There were also religious differences that could not be ignored; the RS had a more liberal attitude, something that Abbas was not too fond of.

Now it was a different time, RS had a new King and seemed to go through a restructuring of its institutions with a more focus on the military. In Tamora, a country where institutional change was seen not just as risky or reckless but close to haram (sinful) since it implied a change to the organizational government structures left behind the Prophet Mani, these changes were viewed with suspicion but none had expressed any concerns to their RS counterparts. Initial signs from King Heydar looked good and it seemed that he was determined to continue the good relationship his father had with Tamora. Abbas by coming to RS wanted to make sure the new monarch understood that Tamora was also fully committed. Furthermore, Abbas, despite opposition from his family, had set in motion a plan to get the two families closer, the preparations started when King Akakios was still on the throne and they continued even though he had passed away.

- Abbas, sorry to interrupt but we need to review the schedule for the trip. Time is short and prayer time will soon begin.
- Fine, Alya. Let's begin.
- I have made arrangements for us to visit your domain in Deh Kord (ooc: a region of RS) as Shiekh. Since it is your first visit there and I have arranged to meet the local nobility. It will be a first step to see what their expectations and needs are. My first impression is that they expect for you to own the title and forget about it so I guess you could say they have no expectations.
- I have no intention to forget about the title but on the other hand I need a physical presence there if I am to make an impact. So that will be something to think about. Despite the reports I read I am not exactly sure I understand how much authority these titles carry in RS. They are not like ours that is certain.
- No, though they are not purely ceremonial, I can confirm they are nowhere near that level of authority as the ones we have.
- What's next?
- A visit and a meeting with the head Ayatollah of RS. They are both anxious and glad to have you visit the local Manist community. We will also have a short meeting with the head of the local government and enquire about the status of the great temple announced by the late king Akakios. They have promised that a small section would be dedicated to our faith so showing interest is something we must do. That should be all I think.

A few hours later,the plane had reached its destination and  the Imperial couple was going down the stairs of their plane and were ready to meet the hosts. Alya was dressed in the usual abaya dress and hijab, she also made sure to wear gloves in case foreign dignitaries wanted to shake hands with her. It was considered improper in Manist culture to have the opposite sexes touch each other in public unless married , wearing gloves was a way to get around that since the skin never touched. Abbas on the other hand was dressed in the official white uniform he used for special occasions. Both of them wore the golden watches that king Akakios had gifted them when during his honeymoon to Tamora. It was unlikely that anyone in RS would notice since King Akakios was no more and  his forth wide Oksana has been banished for her treacherous actions.

Back home in Tamora

Before Abbas had left Tamora he held a public ceremony where he delegated the responsibility of ruling the Empire to his son Jamshid . a tradition that went back centuries. And those weren’t the only preparations that we're done. As a Shiekh of Deh Kord (of RS), Abbas was allowed to send six craftsmen to the festival in RS so he had asked each of his kings to propose one from their kingdoms. Each Tamoran kingdom had its own particular culture which was preserved to a great extent despite being part of the Empire for centuries in most cases. Sending a craftsman from each of the six different federated kingdoms was a way to show the diversity of culture that Tamora enjoyed.

On the outskirts of Djerb, in the vast estate that belonged to Kadyrov family, Musaevna Kadyrov was also preparing to leave for the Jewell Festival. Her reasons for attending the festival were not limited to buying jewelry though she did enjoy that but also to use the opportunity to maybe build some connections with foreign interests. Abbas especially and even Alya to some extent were unapproachable by anyone not up the top of the ladder, Musaevna on the other hand despite her huge wealth and influence was more easily approachable. She also left a message to  Alisha McRae inviting her to attend the festival in RS and offering to pay all the expenses for the trip. She figured that worst case scenario she would get to chat and do some shopping with her, best case scenario she might understand more about how the Bene Gesserit.

Musaevna Kadyrov would not be on the same plane as the Imperial family and thus would not be greeted by local dignitaries. However, her trip to Royal Selecuid would be anything but modest. Waiting for her in Djerb international airport was her private plane , Sukhoi Superjet 100, and at least two dozen security guards and personal staff that will be attending her every need while in RS. Furthermore, while the local dignitaries would not be present in Ipsus, the Tamoran ambassador to RS would be there to greet her on her arrival to the airport, a further sign of just how influential she was with the Safavid Imperial family. 

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lodja/Kaitaine
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 10:27:51 PM »
The Festival presented a rather exciting oppurtunity for the Bene Gesserit, they could turn up as private individuals and rub shoulders with those of significance from around the world, it was also rather positive that Alicia McRae had seemingly made some kind of impression with the Tamorans and had recieved a personal invite from Musaevna Kadyrov. As Alicia was just out of Chapterhouse it wasn't really fitting for her to travel alone and so she had tagged along with Simon Fremen the future Duke of Secundis along with Simon's son Achilles and a Truthsayer from the well connected Fava family called Rita. The four had arrived the day before and seeing as they were not representatives of any particular nation Simon had taken to hiring them a private helicopter to take them out to the site the morning the festival began. "You should have brought Heidi" Simon said to his son as they overflew the sight, "She'd have loved this, all the fancy clothing, probably have cost you a small fortune but now you're not hiding as a poor medical student." Before the faith had "come out" Achilles had been masquerading as a trainee doctor in East Moreland, he'd since transfered to Cantabria and was doing well. He was no longer acting the part of a poor overseas student living with his girlfriend, Heidi in fact being his Honored Matres concubine but he was yet to have any children with her.

"Oh that would have looked fantastic wouldn't it father" Achilies moaned to his father, "I turn up at some international event with a woman on my arm that many nations consider a whore."

Simon slapped his son around the side of the head lightly but only half playfully. "Do not disrespect her" he said, "To be granted an Honored Matres is a great honour son and your fortunate to have a beautiful one who is devoted to you yet you spend all your time with your head in the books rather than making me a grandfather." It was a common discussion and one that made Alicia and Rita in the rear of the helicopter feel a little awkward. Soon the aircraft touched down and as the helicopter rotars slowed down and the engines fell quiet Simon turned so he could speak to his son and the two in the rear seats at the same time. "I want us to enjoy this event, I've read that its rather exciting and I'm sure the wife has also heard about it and will no doubt skin me alive if I don't bring her something back. Remember though we're here as representatives of the Bene Gesserit even if we're not here as Heads of State or their official representatives. Be polite, embrace the local culture and above all be safe." They exited the aircraft and made their way towards the Palace.

"Alicia remember to keep your eyes and ears open." Rita said as she hugged the young Missionara, the two got on well and Rita would be looking after the two Fremen gentleman while Alicia got a more special welcome. As the trio walked away they left the blue tunic clad Alicia waiting for the arrival of  Musaevna Kadyrov at the Festival grounds helipad. She took her notebook out and began sketching some of the scene as she waited.

Meanwhile Simon, Achilles and Rita were heading towards the festival grounds in search of some breakfast. Finding a tent that looked, and more importantly smelt inviting the three sat down at a table and eagerly awaited a chance to eat.

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neu Uburzis
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2019, 10:18:21 PM »
Albrecht had stepped of the airship with sunglasses on in his deliberately Chosen white parade uniform. With a wicked grind the airships speakers where still blasting a song from a new video game that Orion loved with a very fitting set of lyrics, all while Albrecht slowly made his way down. He found his clothing choice especially fitting once he spotted the Tamoran emperor in similar fashion, this likely wasn't going to be a trip down pleasure lane.

He had a couple of thought running through his head, the first being that he would prefer the kiddy birthday party in the commonwealth over being here, the others where about Heydar. From Albrecht's perspective, there where two ways of looking at the new king.

Option one that Albrecht saw was that Heydar actually believed the nonsense he was spewing about Traditions and values, then it was already wasted time he spent here.

Option two was that Heydar, and his late brother, where stuck in a power struggle that made it necessary to appeal to forces behind the scene. In that scenario Albrecht could position himself as an potential ally to bring subtle change and smarter play in. At least from his point of view, reintroducing slavery was anything but a smart play. Some change of wording, some wisely placed misinformation, and people would have called Heydar progressive all over the world. What a waste.

Finally reaching the end of the Gangway, the Regents lips formed a fiendish grin, spotting a certain seleucid royal at the airport, making a beeline towards Danyal:

"How's my favorite Puppy doing?" Albrecht said with a wide wolfish expression: "You got to play watchdog for the arrivals Danyal? I so hope you will join us at the festival later. Did you find a wive yet?"

While making it very clear to Danyal he had glanced down said one's backside, Albrecht chuckled: "If you want to avoid any Beatings this Year, maybe you should accompany me. I'm sure to make a point about how helpful you have been."

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2019, 06:22:34 PM »
Musaevna Kadyrov arrived from the Ipsus airport by car. She was accompanied by her personal assistant Zara, two security guards and the driver. Royal Seleucid was a safe country for Tamorans but regardless of that, security was something she needed in case she might want to keep away from her people that might prove “too friendly”.

Zara’s task was to bring Alisha to the car which she deed dutifully. As Rita reached the helipad, she greeted Alisha in the most formal manner possible despite being twice Alisha’s age and asked:

“Ms. Alisha McRae?  My name is Zara, am the personal assistant of Lady Kadyrov. She is expecting you.” She said inviting Alisha to go the short distance to Musaevna’s car. Once they reached their destination, one of the security guards waiting outside opened the door and Musaevna got out of the car. She was dressed in the typical Tamoran fashion for women (abaya and hijab):

“Hello, Alisha. I am so glad you could come. Sorry for bringing you here and not coming myself but she weather is especially hot today and I wanted to enjoy the car’s air conditioning as much as possible.” She said smiling.

“How have you been, Alisha?” she said as she began walking towards the tents followed closely by her small entourage of guards and Zara. “Still studying Biomedical Engineering? That sounds overly complicated if you ask me. “

“For my part” Musaevna continued after giving Alisha a chance to reply “I’ve been busier with work. There is always something happening in Djerb to keep you occupied. And I have to say that lately among other things, the Bene Gesserit have kept me a bit busy” she said jokingly.” I had the pleasure of meeting the Theocracy’s ambassador HG Atreides “ she explained “and the Theocracy also had a presence at the Djerb religious art exhibition” she pauses “ I almost forgot” as she said that Zara immediately handed Musaevna two small packages: “I got you something. The first is a copy of the book of Mani. It’s a special edition where each chapter is written in one of the official languages of Tamora, that’s six languages each with its own alphabet. There are very few people in the whole of Tamora that can read all the chapters. I can read those written in Parthian and Seleucid. Zara here can also read those in Arabic but all six? Hard to achieve. They are also signed by each of the Grand Ayatollahs of the kingdoms of Tamora so it’s a rare piece.”

“The second” she said pointing to the small rapped box “ contains a small amount of spice. I figured that you might not be so enthusiastic about the book and thought I should go for something that all Bene Gesserit appreciate. Don’t ask me where I got that spice. Let that be a mystery”. Not wanting to share that she got it from the previous meetings with the BG and never used it.

As they walked through the tents looking around Musaevna asked Alisha if there is something particular that she’s interested in so that they can go there. Musaevna was quick to spot one of the Tamoran merchants taking part in the festival by the distinctive joint Tamoran/Akkar flags.

“Ah, let me show you something. Have you tried Mehndi? It’s popular in Akkar, one of our kingdoms, and to tell you the truth I have no idea if the Seleucid also have it, I heard a rumor that maybe Socram has it but I have no idea if that’s true. Here let me show you.” She said as she approached the section where the Tamoran craftsmen from Akkar had their shop. Unsurprisingly, the vendors there immediately recognized Musaevna and bowed. She asked them to show Alisha the Mehndi and two of the women came and showed her their hands which were decorated. They also provided her with various catalogs of different patterns.

“You want to try one? Or are you more into jewelry? “

Spoiler:  Mehndi body art from Akkar  • show

Offline Xaeth

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Alakhwan
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2019, 01:39:15 AM »
Princess Næxyn xy Thælyrn, the great aunt of Empress Ælirn herself, had spent much of the several hour flight from Xæth to Royal Seleucid asleep in her the cabin of her private plane. She was looking forward to the trip; she always enjoyed getting out of the country, and it was something she didn't do nearly as much as she should. And, like any good and proper Xæthoon woman she did enjoy jewelry; perhaps she could also pick up some pieces for her family as well. But, most importantly, it gave her a chance to rub shoulders with the elite of Midaranye, an area whose nations Ælirn was loathe to open official connections with for various reasons. The Princess was here on a private visit though as Ælirn worried that the work she was going to put into relations with the Iwi would be wasted if Xæth sent an official delegation to Royal Seleucid. And, as a bonus, Næxyn also held no real ill-will against the Tamorans who would be rather prominent guests at this year's festival. All in all, she had rather high hopes for the trip.

The Princess was eventually woken by a gentle prodding on her shoulder and a quiet whisper in her ear, and her eyes flung open and she bolted upright as her hand grasped at her hip for a weapon that wasn't there. But then the face of the man she was looking at came into focus and her sleep-clouded mind remembered where she was, and she sighed. It was her husband leaning on the bed and as she looked around she saw her other husband standing in the doorway, both of them looking at her rather concernedly.

"All you all right?" asked Prince Zadyr, the first of her husbands, from his place in the doorway.

Næxyn nodded and her third husband, Aataxaris Adara, backed away. "I'm sorry," he said quickly.

"No, no, no. It's alright. We're almost there, then?" she asked, to which the pair of her husbands nodded, "Good, good. Now... Where's my leg?"

She didn't really need to look around, as in a short moment Aataxaris picked the prosthetic leg up from where it was lying against the bed. She quickly took it and began putting it back on. Chatting with her husbands as she did so. She had contemplated only bringing along a single husband, but had decided against it in the end. The Seleucids had their culture and the Xæthoons had theirs; she wouldn't begrudge them their wives if they didn't begrudge her her husbands. She'd also thought about wearing something the Seleucids might find more 'appropriate', but decided against it for much the same reason. So her garments, which were of the finest embroidered silk, fully showed her midriff as well as her bare arms which also showed off the many scars dotting her body. They were mostly across the left side of her body, the same side which had her prosthetic leg and whose hand was missing its pinky and ringfinger. Næxyn also quickly made sure she was in presentable condition, making certain that her silver hair was firmly in its braid with no stray hairs and that all of the numerous pieces of jewelry she was wearing was askew.

Her husbands were both likewise immaculately dressed, although being men they wore no jewelry aside from Aataraxis' diamond earrings. And as Næxyn exited the plane, making her way down the stairs with the help of her thick, wooden cane, she smiled in the Seleucid heat. Today would be a good day, she could feel it.

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2019, 05:27:13 PM »
Melanie Bell sighed a little as she walked through the festival grounds, how had she let herself get talked into this? She was mid job up north in Abydos but what she was coming up against there as she continued investigating had prompted her to turn her attention to Midaranye for potential new leads. The gusty breeze blew at her white t-shirt as she continued to look around. She was a Countess and normally would steer the widest possible berth around this sort of thing but the devil was in the detail as they said and there were aspects to this festival that she found appealing, it did in some respects resemble an antiques fair and that was something Melanie couldn't really resist.

"What do you think?" Melanie asked looking at her friend and colleague Rosalie McLean who'd accompanied Melanie to the festival.
"Well plenty of variety." Rosalie said "Plenty of people and significant people at that, might find what we're looking for." Melanie smiled and glanced not for the first time at the shoulder bag she had with her, inside it were all her notes so far in terms of Pharoah Amentuankh of Abydos - a figure from around 550 BC, Melanie was presently trying to unravel the secret or perhaps surprise was a better word, of the man's tomb.
"Let's hope." Melanie said
"By the way thanks for letting my sisters come along." Rosalie said, looking to where her two sisters were perusing a nearby tent Myrda McLean was her younger sister while Cynthia was Rosalie's older sister.
"Don't mention it." Melanie said "I know you don't get to see them that much. So how about we find somewhere where we can get something to eat and then take a closer look around?"
"Sounds like a plan to me." Rosalie said

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2019, 07:57:19 PM »
Volos, capital of the federated kingdom of West Seleucid, Empire of Tamora

Thanasis Polakis was just getting out of his Obsidian limousine and walking towards his private jet. He has just arrived from Zimalia a day before and he was now leaving again, this time for Royal Seleucid. As he got to his plane, he was greeted by his assistant:

“Welcome, Mr. Polakis. I hope everything is to your liking. Please tell me if there’s anything I can get you.”
“Everything is ok, thank you Sofia. The usual will be fine.”

Spoiler:  Polakis’s private jet • show

Sofia waiting to greet Polakis. His jet was nothing compared to Musaevna’s Sukhoi Superjet 100.   

The usual in this case meant a glass of his favorite wine which Sofia was quick to bring it to him.

“Sofia, tell me do we have an answer from the Merinan Free State?”
“None, sir. I have tried multiple times but without any success. I will keep trying until I get an answer. They have to get tired of me calling them at some point.”
“Pity… I was really looking forward to meeting them. I think there’s a lot of potential there for business.”

As Sofia returned to her seat giving Thanasis some space, he opened his briefcase and got his laptop and started checking his emails. He didn’t want to admit it but he was addicted to his work and especially to checking his emails. There wasn’t really something that needed his attention so he relaxed a bit and started drinking his wine. Unlike half of the people of Tamora, he wasn’t a Manist so alcohol was not a big deal. While he was ethnically Seleucid and an Anahitaist he was still Tamoran so he would never drink in public or around people he didn’t know well but he definitely wasn’t against it. That wasn’t to say that he didn’t care about religion it was just that it wasn’t his priority, doing business was. In fact he always believed that if Tamorans would switch a quarter of the energy and interest they have for religion and put them into doing business they would beat the Heyrans at their own game.

“Let’s hope this festival thing turns out to be better than the Merina deal” he thought to himself. He couldn’t care less about jewelry, though he did add a reminder in his phone to buy something for his two wives back home. What he was interested in was energy: oil, gas, energy production & distribution etc. If things didn’t work out in that he could also do with mining and business in general. He figured that since Ipsus hosted the HQ of OPEN then there could be some potential for business at this festival. Finding deals in the oil and gas sector wasn’t always easy. It seemed like most of Mundus had state companies in this field and Tamora was yet again an outliner in this by having only private companies. Still he couldn’t complain, he already made arrangements that once the festival is over he would go to the Kingdom of Clysperis which was fast becoming an attractive market for Tamoran businesses. So there were still plenty of opportunities.

The flight didn’t take long and he was soon in Ipsus. He didn’t bother going to the hotel first; there was no reason from his point of view. He was already dressed in his business suit and Sofia would take care of the luggage and arrange for it to arrive at his hotel.

As he arrived at the festival he begun looking around to get a feel of the place when his phone started ringing reminding him he had to buy jewelry for his wives. “Might as well do it now” he thought as he stopped and entered the first jewelry store he came across.             

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2019, 10:07:47 PM »
Heydar waited for the family to gather in the tent, there was his Mother-in-law, former Queen Katerina, his own wife Queen Chryssa, his sister Princess Thekla and of course Heydar's 10 year old son Golzar. The boy would rather have been out watching the camel racing but his father had been telling him for weeks now about how significantly his life was going to change. It was hard for a 10 year old to take in as in just a short space of time his grand-father, uncle and various cousins had all died and now he was being groomed as a future King. The central courtyard of the Palace was a lush green garden under a canopy of purple and blue silks creating a shaded tent in the centre. Low slung couches, huge bean bag style pillows and polished wood tables bedecked in gold embroided table clothes. On each table stood a crystal cut pitcher of ice water and bowls of fresh fruit and candied treats. "Golzar, put that down" His mother Chryssa barked at him as he tried to put yet another chunk of some pink sugar encrusted treat in his mouth.

"Let him have it" Heydar chuckled, "A festival isn't a festival without a little indulgence" he laughed from his position on one of the couches. The boys mother shook her head and informed him that should be the last one, especially as the powdery white sugar that encrusted it got onto his nice new red shirt.

At the airfield Danyaal however had a problem here was Albrecht attempting to get him to essentially desert his post. He believed in some strange way he should follow the mans request however he'd also been told to stay at the airfield. "I can accompany you on the flight if you wish, but then my post is back at the airfield" he said as he followed Albrecht to the helicopter. "As for a wife that is now business for my cousin the King to arrange. I am merely his humble envoy and what he wishes for the good of the family and the good of the nation then that is my honour to do." He explained well aware that their conversations would be heard by anyone in ear shot. The last thing he did before boarding the helicopter was welcome Princess Næxyn xy Thælyrn and her entourage of apparently husbands. It was a rather weird way of doing things and the last culture he'd heard of that did it was the Lodjains and that hadn't exactly turned out to be a welcome interaction. Danyaal bowed to the Princess and shook hands of the others. He escorted them over to one of the larger waiting helicopters, wished them a happy journey and returned to the helicopter with the Urburzis delegation in. Clambering aboard he watched as the two pilots flew in formation towards the desert and the festival site circling it once at altitude to not kick up any sand before touching down in the designated helicopter port. Danyaal had been hoping to keep a low profile however having been spotted by his cousin Princess Afroditi he was busted.

"I thought you were supposed to be at the airfield?" She asked him as she had only just recently arrived herself.

"I had Prince Albrecht here to accompany." He explained, "Perhaps cousin you can take over" Danyal turned back to Albrecht bowed and wished him well for the remainder of his stay. Dutifully Afroditi took over and accompanied both the Urburzis and Xaeth royals into the Palace.

"My Uncle will be ever so happy you've arrived" she explained as they entered through one of the large walls, the Palace inside however was built in a bowl in the ground using the surrounding terrain to provide constant shelter and keep the sand from blowing in. "I do hope you'll enjoy your stay, please take a seat." the Princess throw a hand around the seating area as her uncle stood.

"Prince Albrecht" the King stood from his comfortable couch and crossed over extending a warm handshake. "I believe this is your second time at our festival, glad to see we made a good first impression. Please come take a seat." Heydar guided him towards a table close to Queen Chryssa.

"Nice to meet you" the Queen said as she poured a glass of water for the guest. Meanwhile the King had crossed towards the Xaeth Princess and her husbands.

"Your Highness I am honoured you've come to pay us a visit" he gave a small bow his hand on his heart, "and your very fortunate husbands" he shook each by the hand. "Please come take a seat" He helped her to a couch straight in front of where he and his family sat and just as his wife had poured them a drink of water each. " I believe your the first from your nation to attend this event?" he half asked and half informed. "I must warn you that unless your a hardened shopper it is very easy to part with a small fortune at these events. The trick, or so my wife tells me" he turned and smiled at Chryssa, "Is to first walk a few times round the stores before approaching, otherwise the honeyed words of the artisans can lead to you easily parting with money." He scooted himself closer to Princess Næxyn. "Now tell me, that young Empress of yours, how is she these days, settling into her new role?" He asked.

It was only after Princess Næxyn had responded that Heydar allowed himself to be distracted as Princess Afroditi arrived again this time with Emperor Abbas in tow. Heydar stood and walked over a broad smile on his face, "Emperor, Shieh, Friend" he said warmly offering a two handed handshake a polite bow. "I am grateful you have come and especially more grateful that you have brought your wife" Knowing their stance on contact King Heydar merely bowed deeper to the Empress and lead them to a seat to his right where Princess Thelka was sat. It was the Princess who poured each of the new arrivals a drink. "Well this is turning into an excellent Festival already, we have our neighbours, old friends and new friends." Heydar raised a glass to Tamora, Urburzis and Xaeth in turn. "Here is to an enjoyable, profitable and exciting few days." He took a sip of the cool water. "Now as host I am duty bound to ask if there is anything in particular I can do for each of you while you are here, or do you simply wish to buy beautiful jewellrey or chance your arm with some gambling on camels? Do some dancing? Eat til your burst? or anything else?"

As the Achkaerin group wandered the festival they stuck out like a sore thumb especially once they reached the part with the various temporary eating establishments in their tents. "Hello....Hello" A voice called at them, "Lodjain? Cenneg? Alander? Morelander? Achkaerin?" the voice rattled off a whole list of nations, "Come and try what we have?" soon voices from the other tents called at them too inviting them inside.

A tall man dressed in a white floor length robe appeared behind them. "All fine eateries" he said with a smile, "But not worthy of four fine ladies as yourself." the man gave a small bow. "I am Banu Darzi" It was clear that the man was rather wealthy, a heavy gold chain at his neck and a large diamond ear stud testifying to the fact. "These scum have no idea how to address a Countess." the man address Melanie, "I'm sorry, I make it a point to know as many nobles as possible from across Mundus and especially ones who take an interest in the past. Now perhaps I can show you to a tent where you will not die of food poisoning." He guided the four through the almost street like rows of tents until they reached a blue tent with various flags and ribbons fluttering. "VAHID" Banu yelled as he entered, "Fire up your ovens you have guests." a short man with a beard shot his head out of an opening in the wall of the tent before yelling in Seleucid could be heard.

"Banu" the man appeared moments later. "You are welcome as always" the two embraced, "Especially when you bring such guests with you. Please be seated" The man waited for the four women to get sat down. "Now I am Vahid Tahman and this is my establishment and today I shall be honoured to serve you a local breakfast."

"Vahid, perhaps leave the breakfast stew off though." Banu suggested, a local delicacy was "Head and Hoof Stew" a thin broth that still had the sheeps head complete with eyeballs floating in it. The dish was tasty and popular although visually not the most appealing. Vahid smiled and nodded as a young boy dressed in a smart green uniform appeared and placed a silver tray down and began mixing tea in a large silver pot before pouring them each a glassful its minty aroma filling the air. "Vahid here was considered one of the foremost chefs in Royal Seleucid."

"Until this" he held up his hand that trembled, "I got ill and this happened, not a good thing when holding a knife" he chuckled, "But now it simply means I can be here in front of my establishments talking with guests like yourself. Now I shall go and check on your bread." he disappeared off.

"As for myself" Banu realised he had not introduced himself. "I'm Banu Darzi, one time owner of a lovely jewellrey company, now retired but today I like to dabble in a bit of trading of more difficult to find items. The adventure of finding for clients the odd item for their collection is a kind of mental adventure and stops the brain dying off. Now when I spot Baroness Melanie here I thought to myself.....well first you looked a little lost......and second that you are someone I think could do me a favour. I have an item that I wish to not be associated with anymore but I need someone to take ownership of it who will know where it should go." He wrote down a set of numbers. "Here everything is like a grid, that is row, that is column, that is tent." he pointed to the numbers. "If you ask for Jared when you arrive and tell him that you are collecting Banu's item he'll let you have it. I would appreciate if you are asked that you say you purchased it from Jared." He stood. "Now I have imposed enough. I wish you an enjoyable stay and an enjoyable breakfast." With perfect timing the waiters arrived.

"We have flatbreads, honey, jams, feta cheese, our nations omlette and of course Halim." Vahid explained, "Oh....Halim is a thick porridge of meat, we use lamb and chicken boiled and mashed with wheat until it forms a oatmeal-like consistency.  We top with melted butter, cinnamon, and sugar. It is best eaten warm." He took the lid of a pot and placed four white bowls on the table. "And despite Banu's mothering I thought you should try the Head and Hoof Stew, we call it Kaleh Pâcheh. You look like adventurous types." he whipped a bowl lid away revealing a half disintegrated sheeps head looking up, four eyeballs bobbing in the thin broth. "Now please you need anything just ask." With that he stepped aside to allow them to tuck in. Vahid and Banu both left the group to their breakfast as Banu settled the bill well out of sight and ear shot. He may not be the most traditional of Seleucid but he was a firm believer in the nations tradition of hospitality towards foreigners, especially ones who could do him a favour.

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neu Uburzis
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2019, 12:43:40 AM »
Albrecht raveled in the discomfort he caused for Danyal, before staying silent for the ride. He gave a polite nod to the Xaeth delegation.

"Your Highness, a Pleasure." was all he said, before staying silent unless asked until they arrived. He knew from last time the Seleucid where profoundly proud of the the festival, so he wouldn't be able to go straight for the hard talk. Well, maybe causing some distress later for Danyal might be worth the wait.

Arriving at Heydar's, Albrecht accepted the handshake in a firm response, nodding slowly:

"Good to see you doing well, your Majesty. We where in need of a quick solution last time and had money to spend. Your artisan did not disappoint. The blade rests atop the grave of a young Martyr now, nestled with Millions worth in Diamonds."

He took his seat, watching the others arrive, though he didn't relax. Right now, this was territory of an unknown enemy to him, and he had to tread carefully.

"I will likely take my time and go shopping the stalls later. I intend to grace the artisan who made the blade for Orion with a visit, and wish to make sure people hear how pleased we are with his daughters craftsmanship. The real reason why i came to visit can wait until the festival has passed. No reason to sour the mood with hard politics just yet."

He gave a nod towards Abbas: "Your Majesty, honored to meet you. Thankfully we get a chance to meet at a festival, before we involuntarily have to talk politics after."

Albrecht made sure to try and drive the point home he didn't wish to talk politics right now in public.

Albrecht glanced over to Golzar, still trying to sneak treats when his mother wasn't watching, his face softening to a warm smile and softer composure: "He can be glad you are his father. The Emperor's Mother was very traditional in this regard, not unlike your Father. And she was not of the type to give warnings."

He sipped from a drink he had been offered: "I'm contempt with keeping our two runaway princesses grounded at home. And believe me, those two little Brats hate the fact the can't come here. I Have to admit i teased them with pictures from the festival and all the jewelry they are going to miss."

And those two arrogant brats looking down on people treating humans like dirt beneath their feet would have felt right home here - Albrecht quietly thought to himself.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2019, 08:59:00 PM »
Abbas and Alya both appreciated that were greeted by a member of the Seleucid royal family like Afroditi rather that some distant relative.  After they exchanged greetings, both Abbas and Alya expressed their condolences to Afroditi for the loss of her father and the other “tragic incident” referring to the suicide of prince Hadi.

“The late king was a great man.” said Abbas “he has made a mark on the whole region and beyond”.

Alya added “there is a custom in Tamora to give our emperors and kings an epithet after they pass. It’s a way for people to describe the legacy of a monarch in one word. Since our family has many children” referring not just to hers and Abbas but also to Abbas and his other wives “I was curious to see how the history text books describe him. We have many textbooks and most of them describe him as the Wise so that’s further proof of the impact he had beyond the borders of his kingdom”.

Not wanting to linger much on the sad aspects as to not ruin the mood, Alya changed the topic:
“Your Royal Highness, if I may ask, how did find the experience in Lodja at the Palace of the Queen?” Alya avoided the word “Goddess” and opted for “Queen”.

Once inside the tent, they both smiled as king Heydar greeted them. They both bowed and Abbas replied: “Friend, we wouldn’t miss for the world. “ Since Abbas had not just publicly expressed his condolences for the death of Akakios but had also called Heydar in private as soon as he heard the news, he saw no need to talk about this again now and ruin the mood in the room.

Abbas then took a moment to look around the tent and see who was present; He noticed the Xaethoon with her scars of war and a missing limb and he couldn’t help think “That’s why women shouldn’t be fighting in wars, it’s a shame. ”He paid no attention to her husbands since agreeing to enter into such a relation made them unworthy of respect in his view. He then noticed the young NU regent. Abbas didn’t know much about him so seeing him did not stir any emotion.  He then proceeded to briefly present himself and his wife to the Xaethoon Princess and the Urburzis Regent:

“I am Abbas Safavid, Emperor of Tamora. This is my wife Alya.” He then made discreet nod to the princess and regent but discreetly ignoring the husbands of the Xaethoon Princess. Alya made a deep bow placing her right hand over her heart.

“Pleased to meet you” Abbas replied to the presentations.

After they raised their glasses to Tamora, Urburzis and Xaeth, Abbas added: ”Let’s also drink to King Heydar, not just for being a great host and bringing us all together here but for the great news of him taking a second wife. “ he then raised the glass for another toast. The imperial couple was extremely pleased to have water in their glasses rather the sensitive issue of alcohol.

Abbas then replied to king Heydar ”In fact there is something you could do for me and I dare say for all of us present. Alya has had the pleasure of meeting the HRH Thekla and has told me just how great of an artist she is. Unfortunately, we missed the previous festival where I understand she played the harp and I have been unable to attend the concert she gave when she was in Tamora, so if maybe you could ask her HRH to play for us I would appreciate it a lot.” As she said that he briefly looked at Thekla acknowledging her presence before returning his gaze to the RS king.

Then they both sat down and tried to engage the other guests as well as the hosts. Abbas, understanding that regent Albrecht did not want to talk politics in public, tried to make small talk by agreeing with him:” Yes, there is a time and place for everything I guess. Now it’s more a time to relax and enjoy the hospitality of our hosts rather than talk politics. I know YIH must hear this often but the airship you use does make an impression. You can see it from a mile away.”

Alya addressed Næxyn:
“YIH, I have to say the reputation of the artisans of the festival is world class and thanks to them and also our hosts it gives us the chance to meet people from all over the world. I have never had the pleasure of meeting a Xaethoon royal before though I have heard much about your Empire. I have followed closely the news about the digs in Eastern Xæth. While Islam is not our faith, our roots and our history have much in common so any site such as this can always reveal more vital information than perhaps is obvious at first glance. “

Abbas also addressed King Heydar:
“Friend, I know this is not much of a surprise but Alya is here more for the jewelry and will probably go soon and visit the artisans. I on the other hand have enough of them and will not visit them right away” he said smiling” I would be more interested to have some of your traditional cuisine. Anything you know it’s best I trust you to bring as long as it’s not pork” he said smiling.

Offline Xaeth

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2019, 09:20:49 PM »
Næxyn spent much of the helicopter ride to the palace taking in what she could see of the country. It was an interesting nation, and certainly far drier than her homeland. Which she almost preferred in a way; Xæth's humidity lent itself to an uncomfortable amount of sweating. She chatted idly with her husbands as well as they patiently awaited their arrival. Once they arrived she had to admire the palace itself; it couldn't compare to the Imperial Palace of course, but it was still an abode fit for a King. Perhaps not an Empress, but certainly a King. Næxyn paid little attention to Albrecht except to exchange pleasantries, as aside from that she had as little interest as him as he did her.

Næxyn reciprocated King Heydar's minor bow, a small smile on her face as she spoke, "It is an honour to be shown such generosity as to be invited into your home, Your Majesty." Her husbands shook the King's hand as he offered it, echoing their wife's sentiments as well.

Næxyn was more than happy to take the offered seat, her husbands taking their places on either side of her. She took an instant disliking to the fact that the Queen was pouring her water, as that was a job for servants and certainly not the consort of a ruler. However she took the glass with a smile and quick word of thanks, taking a long sip before speaking.

"The first Xæthoon of note, at least. Which is honestly quite surprising, for obvious reasons," she gestured at the jewelery she was already wearing, "But you need not worry about me, Your Majesty, I am of Xæth. We are veteran buyers of jewelry down to the very last woman. I am most appreciative of the advice, however." Her last sentence was punctuated with a polite smile and nod at Chryssa.

She took another drink of water as Heydar asked his next question, and she couldn't help but smile at the mention of Ælirn. "She is doing magnificently; as well as anyone could have hoped for. Being an Empress is not an easy job of course, and to be honest sometimes I worry her hair will start going grey before she even finds her first husband," she chuckled, "But Ælirn treats her duties with the utmost respect and she has thrown herself into her role. I am... immensely proud of my great-niece."

When the Tamoran Emperor and his wife entered, Næxyn looked over with interest. When Abbas introduced them, Næxyn did likewise. "Næxyn xy Thælyrn," she said, placing a hand on her chest before gesturing at her husbands, "And these are my husbands, Zadyr xy Oolily, Prince of Vaalirn, and Aataxaris Adara." The two of them gave the Tamorans polite, short bows.

When Alya addressed her, Næxyn was more than happy to engage her in conversation. "And I have never had the pleasure of meeting a Tamoran royal as well, though I have heard much of Tamora myself," the Princess said with a warm smile, "The digs? Oh yes, I have heard of them. Our Empress was very excited about them when she found out; I have never met another woman more in love with history than my esteemed great-niece. But it is always good to have things which can bring disparate nations together, wouldn't you agree?"

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2019, 11:49:20 PM »
Melanie wasn't sure quite what to make of the situation she appeared to have found herself in. Being asked something like that wasn't usual and carried many implications and even more of the hypothetical nature, questions were running around inside her head - what was the item? Was it legal? Why did he need someone else to go and deal with it? Still there was only one way to find out the answers to those questions and that was to go and do as asked. She continued eating and half smiled as Rosalie started pouring over her notes, so typical these days.

"I take it then that you also have an interest in history?" Melanie asked looking across the table at Banu

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2019, 09:54:16 PM »
“I agree but I wouldn’t also ignore the risks.” Said Alya. “ Exploring one’s history doesn’t always lead to bringing people together. To give you an example, it’s public knowledge that our religion is heavily influenced by Islam and relations between our faith and the Muslim one are good. However, uncovering our temples from the XI and XII th centuries is always a delicate matter since they often feature representations of the Muslim prophet Mohammed, something that is forbidden by the Muslim faith. You can imagine that such historical sites do not bring nations together. While I do not expect to something remotely controversial to be unearth in your Empire, I believe caution is also needed. “

“That is not to say that exploring these sites is something undesirable” intervened Abbas” On the contrary, I think we have a duty to see what is there and to preserve them for eternity. However, we must also be aware that these sites are more than just long burred buildings, they do have an impact on us and the impact is not always what we want.”

Alya resumed:” I noticed you said HIM likes history but have not said so about yourself” Alya also wondered why Næxyn had so much reverence for the young empress and figured it was a way to boast Xaeth in the presence of foreigners so did not comment on it.” Is history also something YIH is interested in or are other pursuits more to YIH liking?” she asked genuinely interested since the Xæthoon princess was intriguing to her because of her past when she fought alongside Tamorans in Vaguzia.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2019, 08:32:50 PM »
Heydar smiled as Albrecht praised the craftsmanship of his people. "I am thrilled that my people were able to fulfil such an important and symbolic task for you. Such memorials are important to show the world fine examples." he added not really sure of who or what this martyr stuff was about. While he'd been busy serving in the military he hadn't really taken much of an interest in the affairs of other nations unless they directly effected Royal Seleucid and as such he had little concern about a Urburzis martyr. "As for the political talk you may begin it whenever you feel correct, now, after the festival, stay a few days if you wish." Heydar offered.

Heydar was pleased to see the Xaeth and Tamoran parties hitting it off, such social occasions could be hard work but here it seemed quiet a few of the guests were at least being cordial to each other.  He listened in carefully to the talks about various historical matters, a subject that bored him at school. Religion was even more tedious to him although at least on that matter he had to at least give an outward impression of being a pious and devoted man of his native faith. Even the festival was a key to that, a show that wealth was increasing and thus poverty being eliminated, the showing of hospitality to anyone regardless of their background and weird traditions like the Xaethians.

Princess Afroditi smiled as she fondly remembered her time in Lodja, "The people there are very different to us in many ways but they are great hosts. Nothing is too much for them and life on their Island is rather.....pleasant" she said having thought, "I've seen TV shows set in the past and you imagine these royal courts of the medieval period with just random musicians and artists gracing the hallways stuck in their art, well in Lodja thats practically a reality. You'd walk down the corridor and sat on a bench in the garden you'd find some musician composing something, turn the corner an artist with an easel and some court lady as his muse would be at work. I couldn't abide living there forever though" she lowered her tone, "They seem far too keen to gossip and speculate about their love lives" she hoped she hadn't said anything out of order. "But their Queen Klara is a rather free spirit" Meanwhile Heydar had instructed Thelka to go and get her harp, it took a while before she returned, the giant gold inscribed instrument being wheeled by a duo of servant who bowed to the King once they'd positioned the instrument and a box seat.

"I found playing in Tamora one of the most nerve wracking performances I've ever given" Thelka explained as she settled down and wriggled her fingers ready to begin playing. "Its different playing in my homeland, I know even if I mess up no one is going to criticise because I'm a Princess here. Abroad however, well as nice as your people were to me, you never know how critical they may be." she gave a few strings a testing pluck, readjusted her seating and began picking strings for one of her favourite pieces to play.

Across the festival grounds Banu responded to Melanie as the group ate, "I have an interest in humanity" he replied rather vaguely, "I find the actions, thoughts and beliefs of people fascinating. Remembering stuffy dates and facts however bores me. I suppose this is how the item in question ended up in my possession." He smiled aware that tents had ears, "I look forward to hearing of your successes." He stood and finally left the tent heading back towards the area near the Palace, it would be there he would scour the various stalls looking for objects that perhaps their traders didn't fully appreciate or more likely he'd just look at fulfilling his "List" he removed a piece of paper from his shirt pocket and looked at it, a list of various items his foreign clients wished to get. A businessman in Cantabria wanted a watch, a nobleman in Bakkermaya a bracelet for his daughters 21st. All people who for whatever reason couldn't attend and trusted him to get them the best deals, of course not quiet as good as he'd tell them he'd got but after all you didn't get to amass the wealth he had without skimming a little off the top.

Offline Xaeth

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2019, 02:21:43 PM »
"That is very fair; after all there is a reason why there remain no Muslims in Xæth," said Prince Zadyr, reclining and taking a sip of his water, "And if the old stories have even a wisp of truth, their fate was likely a terrible one."

"Fair, but let's not speak of those sorts of things; this is a celebration, after," Næxyn interjected before answering Alya's question, "But as for myself, no. I cannot say hisotry is truly one of my areas of interest. I know my history of course, and I understand the significance of it. But my passions lie elsewhere; in my youth I was interested in more... Natural pursuits? Camping, hiking, hunting, and the like."

Then the Princess chuckles, "Although, I can't indulge myself as much as I did in my younger days. But do please tell, what sorts of things do you two enjoy?"

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
  • Hallo, Ich bin eine Filipino.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Quintelia, Socram and Sarandib
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2019, 04:45:08 PM »
King Lapu, along with a few guards, a couple of lackeys, and Minister of Foreign Affairs Sofia Aliena, arrived in Royal Seleucid an hour or two too late. Instead of being received by Danyal, they just rode a helicopter to the Palace of Sands, The King went straight to where King Heydar was while the Minister went off to the stalls, both accompanied by their own guards and lackeys.

King Lapu’s face and body began to sweat as he walked around the busy bazaar, he may be used to living in a humid climate but the sun’s shine shone so severe in the desert. He marched into the Seleucid’s Royal’s tent and greeted every one worthy of such. “Greetings, your graces, and your majesty King Heydar.” He began, nodding to Abbas, Albrecht, and Naexyn before bowing to the other King in the tent. “Last time I was here, your father welcomed me warmly. I shall reciprocate this gesture by offering your grace this humble gift as a friendly gesture..” A servant brought forward a basket of assorted fruits such as dragonfruit, jackfruit, soursop, coconuts, and bananas. “They are on season so that’s just a small shipment compared to the truckload coming here later, courtesy of Dizon Farms. It shall be provided to your grace, your majesties, and to everyone bargaining and trading outside. Also, I would like to give condolences on the deaths of Akakios and your half-siblings. They shall be forever remembered and may Anahita give them peace and quiet. However, I’m not here to lament the dead and give away free foods, I’m here to give a few offers, however, I shall do it when I have finished spending all of my money in the markets outside.” The King said as he bowed and drank some wine from his flask.

Sofia Aliena, on the other hand, went on to meet another important Midaranyen personality. “Ma’am Kadyrov.” She called out. “Sofia Aliena, Minister of Foreign Affairs.” She extended her hand out to be shaken. “May we talk business for a moment.”
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 05:02:08 PM by Major Jaws »

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2019, 07:30:44 PM »
As princess Thekla began playing the harp, Abbas played close attention for a couple of minutes before nodding discreetly in approval and saying loudly for all to hear:

“Alya was right. HRH is extremely talented.”

Alya however continued to pay uninterrupted attention to the Xæthoon as she replied:

“Aside from history, reading the holy book and taking care of the children? I personally enjoy travelling around the kingdoms of Tamora. I like to go to various (Manist) temples all over the empire; each component nation of the empire brings something unique to the architecture and decorations of the temples. Abbas barely has free time these days, he tries to mix work with leisure by playing chess with some of his ministers from time to time. He’s also a collector of coins, stamps and especially memorabilia. All of them related to Tamora in some way.”

Abbas intervenes:

“It’s something that we Safavid have in our blood I guess. My father and his father and so on have all had this passion. And now I believe I have succeeded it in passing it on to my sons. “

Just when Abbas was about to ask for some Seleucid food, King Lapu made his appearance. Quintelia was the only nation with which Tamora had a treaty in place and relations were good. However, Abbas was more than reluctant about King Lapu remembering how he called Tamora a “racket” during their private meeting. Still, politics demanded he keep his views to himself so he returned the greeting in a formal and respectful matter and so did Alya thanking the Quintelian king for his generosity.   

Musaevna Kadyrov was still engaged in the shop with Alisha when she was approached by Sofia Aliena. She remembered her from “the Spice Harvest in Exile” event in UC that all three participated a while back though they never interacted.

“Ms. Aliena, it’s a pleasure. I don’t know if you met my friend Alisha McRae. She’s a Missionara Protectiva and a future biomedical engineer” she said as she shook Sofia’s hand.

“Of course, through the festival is all about leisure I don’t mind talking business at all.” 

Offline Lady Amaya

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Tauredalia
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2019, 01:03:37 PM »
Rolron behr Darya de Kernpak found that even being a prince did not preclude him from waiting. As the younger brother of the Crown Prince and the current regent, he was waiting on a throne that he was unlikely to inherit; his brother Varzar had a robust constitution, yet he rarely participated in the high-risk activities of the aristocracy, and his children were healthy. Rolron had also waited on his wife: though he loved her dearly from the moment he laid eyes on her, she had been promised to another man, and Rolron had to manipulate his way into her heart over seven years. Now, he waited on his beloved daughter Lady Tareel, the jewel of his eye. She was sixteen - still young enough to be be naive and endearing, yet old enough for him to consider her future. She could marry a minor Daalish noble and live comfortably, but he wanted her to see the better riches Mundus had to offer.

So he sat patiently in his plane as he waited for his daughter's attendants to dress her to her satisfaction. She had expensive tastes, like her mother, and that was why he arranged for this trip as a treat. However, her preparations were seemingly for naught as she did not properly prepare for the heat. Aredal was hot, but Tareel lived in air conditioning and rarely experienced the outdoors, and she was soon sweating. Her father fared better as he was not as delicate and took the perspiration in stride.

The pair made their way through the stalls, followed by a small entourage. Rolron had no idea what his daughter had in mind, and he knew he should keep an eye out for a gift for his wife as well.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 01:22:01 PM by Lady Amaya »

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2019, 10:24:12 PM »
HEydar thanked Lapu for his messages, however to see a man who was clearly a drunk invoking his nations faith was a bit of a surprise whether it was the fact Lapu understood it or was sober enough to it didn't really matter. He too seemed rather keen to get down to business, how very unMidaranyian of them, didn't they know that the best part of such gatherings was the socialising and that helped ensure a smooth deal. You need only look outside to see that, salesmen taking the time to chat with potential customers before even beginning the sales pitches, all part of the spectacle of the Festival. Heydar was pleased to see Abbas and the Xaethoon representatives getting along well, one concern he'd seen his father have at prior years was it becoming too much about him keeping the atmosphere sociable but Emperor Abbas seemingly had no issue keeping that going, it must be a Midaranyan trait Heydar mused to himself. "Perhaps I may suggest a short change of venue" Heydar said once Abbas and Xaethoons had seemingly finished their conversation. "I fancy watching some of the camel racing, its a lesser part of the festival but I'm sure you'd enjoy it." he stood taking his jacket off and folding it over the back of a chair. "If anyone wishes to accompany me please feel free. I believe Queen Chryssa will be staying here. I don't think she enjoys the dust." he leaned down kissing his wife on the top of her head as he waited for those wishing to come to follow him. Outside an air conditioned fleet of SUV's waited and whisked the King and his followers across the dunes for about a mile to where a temporary oval had been set up. It was made to look like something from ancient times, carved out of yellow sandstone, when in reality it was largely formed plastic bolted expertly together. Heydar thought it may have even once been a set from a film but couldn't remember. A grandstand had been set up and as Heydar exited the vehicle a group of well dressed men began applauding. "Stelios" Heydar embraced one of the men who approached them. "Honoured guests this is Stelios, a long time friend, we joined the Air Force on the same day however he ended up staring at a blank RADAR screen on land while I got to soar with the eagles." He teased the man whom he had geniune warmth for.

"Yes Your Majesty but at least I was blessed with the swiftest camels." Stelios father was a trainer who had passed his knowledge onto Stelios who now helped run the family stables. "You're just in time though." Down on the sands six camels were being lined up but on their back was no jockey but instead a Mechanical Robot dressed in the racing silks of the various trainers.

"Ah I must explain" Heydar turned to his guests. "Several years ago my father became concerned that most jockeys were small boys from poor families, often they fell in the race and were badly hurt and so he insisted we find other ways of enjoying the sport without hurting children. This is the result, soon maybe even the camels will be Cyborgs." He took a seat and watched as the first race got underway there at the base of the stairs was a group of boys with remote controls flicking sticks to whip the camel like a jockey would. Heydar stood and applauded as the red and blue silked camel romped home in first before yelling some instructions down towards the track. This created a flurry of activity and soon six new camels, all in the yellow and blue chequred silks of the royal family were brought out and six boys approached the guests. "Please they will show you what to do, you see we removed the danger for the children but not the employment." the children were keen to show their guests their trade and how they controlled the camels and before long the next race was underway as Heydar watched his willing guests try and guide a camel round the 200meter long track while he enjoyed the sunshine and an iced tea.

Back at the Palace with those who remained Chyrssa was keen to get down to business of shopping. "Now I have no idea if people have come looking for anything in particular, I know last year our friends from Neu Urburzis had very particular items for their coronation in mind, I'm thrilled Emperor Orion found them to his satisfaction." She beamed, "I know most of the major craftsman and would be more than happy to help guide you around if you wish. I'm sure Thelka or Afroditi could do likewise." She offered.

As Rolron and Aredal wandered the market stalls there were calls towards them in various languages as people tried to work out where they were from. It was as they turned one corner and perused a stall or two that a rather old man began badgering them in a language they did not understand. Suddenly a tall man dressed in a kind of white robe trimed with dark red and gold embroidery arrived. "Be gone" the man hissed at the older man trying to make himself understood, he then turned to the royals from Tauredalia. "Forgive him, a savage man." he said in heavily accented English. "My name is Salih Miraj and I am the proprieter of this stall." he bowed respectfully and swung an arm presenting his stall which in effect was a rather large bright blue tent. "Now forgive me but royals should not be wandering in the dust especially, and please Ma'am do not take offence, when they look so warm." He had noticed the beaded sweat on Tareel's forehead. "Now I would be most rude if I did not offer you some shade, a cool drink and if not too presumptious a lighter outfit." He welcomed them into his tent and without needing to say a word various assistance appeared with chairs and ice cold water. "Now Lady Tareel" he said as he got his guests settled "While you are the epitime of style you are sadly not the most practically dressed for Royal Seleucid. So please as an official welcome to our nation please accept this." A woman appeared out of nowhere a green and gold coloured dress draped over her arm. "I hope you will find this much lighter and cooler, thus allowing you to enjoy our festival. If you wish we have a changing suite my assistant here can help with, we can also adjust it if you wish." He waited for the reply hopeful, his logic being if he got in the good books of these royals further sales could easily cover the cost of the dress which even if he didn't make any further sale the fact a foreign royal was seen leaving his tent with an item would bring a flock of others in to view his wares. "Now can I be of service any other way?" he asked.

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2019, 09:12:17 PM »
Alisha McRae thanked Musaevna for the book and the spice, apart from at the recent festival it wasn't something she'd used much. Her friends in the Mothers told her about how it gave visions and helped them hear voices, all she knew is that it tasted a little like cinnamon. She looked at the mendi hand patterns, they were something she'd seen in her reading about the world and other cultures but this was the first time she'd seen any up close. The patterns were rather cool but the problem was she was in uniform and while the Missionara's uniform demands were nowhere near as strict as those of the Truthsayers they still did exist. Hands were to be kept clean and tidy, afterall a Missionara spent all day handling books and manuscripts and you couldn't risk damaging them, they weren't even allowed to paint their finger nails if they were on duty so Alisha figured that these would also be frowned upon. "I better not have one done, Ma'am" she said regretfully, "We're not Truthsayers but we still have a hierachy.....and a uniform policy." she instinctively felt at her collar as though straigtening it out. She did enjoy however watching the patterns being done.

Shedidn't really expect to be thrust into the middle of some kind of diplomatic "business" talks she was after all merely a young scholar, her first months at University a recent memory and her classes certainly didn't cover diplomacy. Alisha turned to Musaevna and said, "I'll just sit here and watch his a little longer if you want to talk Ma'am." She sat back down watching the artists hard at work.

Offline Lady Amaya

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2019, 01:02:20 PM »
Tareel's expression remained stoically conservative, but she was relieved to be offered shade and refreshments, let alone more appropriate apparel. She looked to her father, who nodded his approval, and disappeared with the servant to change. She critically studied her reflection for several minutes, turning this way and that, and decided that the beautiful dress complemented her olive skin nicely. She carelessly discarded her old outfit and its accessories, which her servants quickly gathered up and packed away.

While Tareel changed, Rolron took advantage of Salih's hospitality and drank in his surroundings while he enjoyed his drink. He was thoughtfully silent as he considered Salih's question. "My daughter is quite beautiful and she is beginning to outshine her mother. My wife has become quite depressed as of late as she thinks age has taken her looks," he said. "Do you have a piece that might reinvigorate my wife?" He chuckled heartily. "Or at least ensure that I do not get in trouble for the amount of money I will spend on my daughter."

Tareel reappeared and modeled her transformation for her father. She beamed, quite proud of how she looked. "What do you have that matches this?" she asked Salih.

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
  • Hallo, Ich bin eine Filipino.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Quintelia, Socram and Sarandib
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2019, 05:55:06 AM »
King Lapu went out to the tents and strolled for a bit, with a few of his men following him around, carrying a few suitcases. After going through the busy bazaar, he steps into a tent. "Hello there, old friend." He said to the shop keep, disregarding the other buyers in the tent. "Your wares have served me well over the past year. I have worn this watch for over a year now and it has brought me great luck. The crown and the sword have been admired by my employees and my people. Now, do you have any goods that I can buy, maybe give me a discount?" He leaned on the desk as he waited for a reply.

"Well, I'm so sorry if this is a bad time, but my king has asked for a deal. First of which is this." Sofia hands over a hard drive she has been hiding in her purse. "It's a detailed blueprint for an espionage satellite. My king and some high-ranking military officials have come up with a plan to put these satellites up under the guise of weather satellites that would benefit both our nations. Lapu's request was for your company to construct and launch these satellites as soon as possible. The payment shall come once you agree."

"Hey Rajit how much time before we arrive?" A truck driver knocked the back window and asked his passenger. "And are the fruits still good?"

"Fuck the fruits" Rajit climbed to where his friend was. "They may be delicious, but they're still Quintelian." He threw away the banana peel to the side of the road before continuing. "Besides, isn't there a snowstorm there? Shiva has finally answered our prayers, am I right Salman."

"Not on all of our enemies though. Their king is still alive, Princess Aanya is still alive, and we're still stuck on an island with the government jerking itself off from the other side of the sea." He was cut short by his friend.

"Can't you just drive and shut up and let me enjoy the fruit grown by demons." He said as he leaned on an opened crate. "Anyways, you sure that the princess is in this festival?"

"Yes, you've already asked that question for many times. I trust the intel and the man who gave it, and I've brought a bomb just in case things get south for us." Salman shouted, to which Rajit just chuckled at.

"Glory to the New Republic of Dveep!" Rajit shouted.

"Glory to the New Republic of Dveep" Salman sighed.

"Can I have this necklace please, and this ring as well for what you offered." A woman wearing light saree bargained in a tent. After getting her desired deal, on a diamond, she proceeded to walk to a friend of hers. "You think this fits me? I should look grand and luxurious as our traditional princesses would be." Princess Aanya Socram, the only known living heir of the late King Khadga Khan Socram, said to her friend.

"Yes, they fit you, but remember that you still live in hiding in the slums of Djerb. Plus, you only have a few dozen men who can't even secure this perimeter to protect you let alone help you take over your rightful kingdom. Why not spend your money in that?" Her friend and advisor, Shahida, replied. "Every second that you're out here is a chance for some Sarandibian spy or some random asshole who might decide that you look quite decent for a night-"

"I understand that, I just want to take the time to relax one last time before I fully commit to my fight." Aanya cut of Shahida. "Now, shall we meet some official support?" She asked as she walked through the busy place, looking for someone.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 07:15:47 PM by Major Jaws »

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2019, 02:22:15 PM »
Emperor Abbas went with King Haydar and the other guests at the camel race. He was a bit curious to see how it worked since he had heard it was a thing in Royal Seleucid. He certainly didn’t expect for the jockeys to be robots and found that weird. He found it even more awkward to have a child explain to him, an Emperor, how to guide a camel. Still, he got into the game and tried to guide the camel over the 200 m track which proved to be rather fun endeavor in the end.

While the others guests were still busy guiding the camels, Abbas approached Heydar:

“Friend, it is indeed a fine festival and it’s only beginning. Your late father was right; I did miss a lot by not taking part until now. But let’s not dwell much at the past and instead look at the future. You have just taken the throne and I saw you are full of energy and looking to make changes. I on the other hand, have to think more and more about what I leave behind. I still have a lot of time but I need to prepare now for when my son, Jamshid, takes the throne. Relations between our countries are great and we can count on each other should the need arise. I want to expand on that on this great relation by having our families linked. The Safavids and the Soters have been the major families of Midaranye for almost a millennium. If we stand together there’s nobody that can threaten our position in Midaranye. It is for this reason that I want to ask you as head of your family to have your princess Thekla marry my son Jamshid, the one that will succeed me on the throne. 

I know that poses a lot of problems for us. She would have to change religion and follow the Prophet for one, there is no other way. I would also be lying if I told you that such a proposal would be well received by everyone back home. I can’t talk about your kingdom but in my empire it will do more than rock the boat but they will eventually get in line if Thekla conforms to our customs and commits to understanding our culture. Having this marriage would be for us more than what foreigners on other continents write in long treaties. It would mean that us Safavids are bound to come to the aid of the Soters no matter what but we would of course expect for the Soter to do the same should the need arise. I mean here not just foreign enemies but also domestic ones. We would need to support each other even against forces that would seek to drive our families from our rightful thrones.

Lastly, there is also the issue of bride price which we have to pay according to our traditions. For us high nobles it needs not only to be expensive but also symbolic so all can see just how important the bride is for the family of the groom. Princess Thekla is a Soter, a name that is synonymous with power and wealth so the bride price must represent that. So my proposal to you friend is for us to buy from you two amphibious class ships and four destroyers, with half to be built by your shipyards and the other by Tamoran ones. I have already started making preparations to improve our shipbuilding infrastructure to accommodate building such large ships. I am prepared to pay 7.5 bln dinars (USD) for the ships. I will of course have to start making cuts in other departments of the armed forces to find the resources but we should be fine. It will symbolize Tamora’s commitment to expand its projection capability outside its neighboring countries and also be a worthy price for the princess I would think.

So tell me, what do you think of my offer? And do you think princess Thekla is up for the task?"

Back at the Palace, Alya remained with Queen Chyrssa and the others:

“I would love for you to show us around, I am looking for jewelry, something that is traditional or specific to Royal Seleucid.”
As Alya went with Chyrssa and the other guests, she also asked:
“I remember you mentioning a proposal about a gathering of consorts of heads of state. What happened to that proposal? Are you still planning on moving forward with it?”

@Major Jaws

“What a shy kid” thought Musaevna seeing how Alisha opted to withdraw itself from the discussion. “I won’t be long, Alisha”.  She also signaled Zara, her personal assistant; to take care of Alisha should she want anything to buy.
“There is no such thing as a bad time when talking about deals, Ms. Aliena.” Said Musaevna smiling and taking the hard drive and immediately putting it her purse.
“I will have my people look at it as soon as possible to see exactly what you have in mind and come up with an estimation when everything could be done” she added. 
“You want to stay around and look at some jewelry or you have plans in other places?” asked Musaevna not knowing exactly if Sofia was in a hurry or not.

@Tauredalia

Thanasis Polakis managed to find some jewelry that he considered was adequate enough for his views and returned to search for potential contacts to make. After all, he was here for business not leisure.

Strolling around the fair he couldn’t help but see and hear as the two nobles from Tauredalia were greeted by Salih. That immediately drew his attention, Tauredalia was Tamora’s western neighbor but the two countries had little contact with each other and such an opportunity to engage and maybe build some connections couldn’t be missed. So he entered the tent, greeted and said:

“Forgive me for interrupting Your Royal Highness and your lovely daughter but I couldn’t help overhearing that you are from the Kingdoms of Tauredalia. My name is Thanasis Polakis, I am the VP of OPEN (ooc: the equivalent of the real life OPEC) and I am from Tamora. It’s a pleasure to be meeting you, I haven’t had a chance to travel to Tauredalia yet, much to my shame but I hear the country is wonderful. “
Wanting to get Salih on his side in order to help him smooth things with the Tauredalian nobles, he added to Salih:

“My friend, I bought two necklaces for my wives and I know realize just how forgetful I am.” As he said that he shows him the necklaces which he had just bought and were rather expensive. “Could you help me by bringing me a couple of earrings that could go well with these?”

“So what brings you to Royal Selelucid YRH? Is it shopping only or you have some other pursuits?” he added addressing Rolron. 

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2019, 01:57:45 PM »
With Banu having left the tent the four Achkaerinese spent a few more minutes eating and then they also headed out, stopping a few seconds later the three oldest of the four - Cynthia, Rosalie and Melanie looked at each other. Talk about a surprise, they'd come to the festival with one thing in mind and now were processing doing something else entirely.
"What are you going to do?" Rosalie asked
"I guess I'll go and see what this thing of Banu's is." Melanie said "Can you deal with what we came here for?"
"Yeah I've seen plenty of tents that deal in the sort of thing we're interested in I'll see if I can find anything there and then ask the locals." Rosalie said
"The famous camel racing is going to start soon." Cynthia said "I'll take Myrda and head that way."
"Ok then." Melanie said "That's where we'll meet later."

Melanie was in some ways quite glad to be discovering what she'd ended up in on her own, she was a little apprehensive about it but still it could be either something brilliant or something worrying or anywhere inbetween. She glanced for about the tenth time at the piece of paper that identified where she was going. Eventually she arrived at the tent and stepped inside

"Hello?" Melanie asked going to the counter in the tent and waiting for whoever was in charge to show "I'm looking for Jared, I'm picking up Banu's item."

Offline Xaeth

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2019, 03:08:05 PM »
Of the Xæthoons present Prince Zadyr was the only one to accompany Heydar to the camel races; he had of it and was interested in seeing the race in action. When Heydar introduced Stelios Zadyr was quick to introduce himself to the man as well. And the interaction between Heydar and Stelios put a small smile on his face as he thought about the long-time companions he had made whilst serving in the military himself. "Well, someone has to stare at screens. Sun above knows I stared at a great many during my time in the Navy," he said, making polite conversation.

Zadyr was also quite surprised by the robotic jockeys atop their camels; it was a rather strange sight to behold, after all. He was more than happy to attempt to control a camel, and while he was perhaps not the best at it he did find himself enjoying it. It was certainly a new and interesting experience, to say the least. "This is quite the interesting sport you have here in Royal Seleucid," Zadyr said to Stelios, noting that King Heydar himself was busy with the Tamoran Emperor, "And with such fine animals as well."

---

Back at the palace, Princess Næxyn and Aataxaris had elected to stay behind with Queen Chryssa. "We would be honoured to be guided around the Festival," Næxyn said with a smile, "I myself am hoping to find some fine opal pieces; my great niece adores the gem and with her birthday in a few months I figured this would be an appropriate time to buy her a gift."

"I, personally, am simply interested in looking around and seeing the jewelry wrought by the fine artisans of a foreign nation," Aataxaris added, taking another drink, "There are few nations that can rival Xæth in their love of jewelry, and Royal Seleucid has a whole festival dedicated to the art."

Offline Lady Amaya

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2019, 11:55:54 AM »
@Tauredalia

Thanasis Polakis managed to find some jewelry that he considered was adequate enough for his views and returned to search for potential contacts to make. After all, he was here for business not leisure.

Strolling around the fair he couldn’t help but see and hear as the two nobles from Tauredalia were greeted by Salih. That immediately drew his attention, Tauredalia was Tamora’s western neighbor but the two countries had little contact with each other and such an opportunity to engage and maybe build some connections couldn’t be missed. So he entered the tent, greeted and said:

“Forgive me for interrupting Your Royal Highness and your lovely daughter but I couldn’t help overhearing that you are from the Kingdoms of Tauredalia. My name is Thanasis Polakis, I am the VP of OPEN (ooc: the equivalent of the real life OPEC) and I am from Tamora. It’s a pleasure to be meeting you, I haven’t had a chance to travel to Tauredalia yet, much to my shame but I hear the country is wonderful. “
Wanting to get Salih on his side in order to help him smooth things with the Tauredalian nobles, he added to Salih:

“My friend, I bought two necklaces for my wives and I know realize just how forgetful I am.” As he said that he shows him the necklaces which he had just bought and were rather expensive. “Could you help me by bringing me a couple of earrings that could go well with these?”

“So what brings you to Royal Selelucid YRH? Is it shopping only or you have some other pursuits?” he added addressing Rolron.
While Aredal - or rather, Taurdealia - was not a member of OPEN thanks to intranational disputes, Rolron certainly recognized the VP for what he was: representative of the better riches Mundus had to offer. Thanasis was too old to wed his beloved daughter, of course, but befriending him could open the doorway to better matches for her. He gladly greeted Thanasis. "It is a beautiful and varied landscape, from verdant forests to our native painted desert." After Thanasis spoke to Salih, he added, "My daughter's birthday is coming up and she has not yet decided her destination. She and her friends will have a sort of early senior trip." Quietly, he added, "As a father, I'm sure you understand how nerve-wracking that can be. I hope she will have her fill here and decide to vacation somewhere closer to home." He winked.

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2019, 10:43:46 AM »
Simon his son Achilles and their Truthsayer escort Rita had been wandering the festival grounds for a while now, confining themselves more to the entertainment and food areas. Simon had rather enjoyed a nice cup of the local tea, so much so that he'd ordered a sack full of the stuff for back home. While he had no way of knowing one way or the other whether it was the case he imagined that back in the old homeland refreshing tea like this was common, maybe with a hint of Melange.  They headed towards the stalls selling the shiny stuff, "I suppose we better get your Mother something." He remarked to his son, "Good job we brought Rita, we can blame her if we mess it up." He chuckled, Rita was one of his wives proteges and the pair were as close as a mother and daughter in many ways. "and you" Simon turned harshly to his son Achilles, "You'll get Heidi something nice. She may be a concubine but that is no excuse for our family treating her like some kind of second class member of our circle." he jabbed a finger in her chest. Achilles just looked down at his feet unsure what to say. They began looking for a stall that looked interesting and had to work hard to avoid the constant attempts at sales from the different stalls. Coming to a rather likely looking stall they noticed the stall owner was busy dealing with a young woman who was asking for a Jared, it meant staff had their eyes off things for a moment and so Simon began to browse.

"Shit" Zhenya cursed before realising what she'd said and standing up quickly. "Your Divine Majesty I am soooo sorry" she looked horrified that such a word had just passed her own lips. "I...I apologise." Queen Klara was just laughing uncaring at either the missed stitch or the swearing.

"Zhenya, when we are in private I have no problems with informality or a little swearing. The Ladies in Waiting are probably the closest to friends I'll get nowadays, and I did consider Stasya a great friend, as I still do Roksana even though she's now my wife. I count Anna a great friend too and I am certain you and Tonya will become good friends of mine in time too. I wouldn't have hired you if I wasn't confident." Zhenya had joined the Queen's court just two days earlier and now sewing up the seam of the Queen's long dress had made her nervous. Klara was used to all this by now and even though this trip may be the most difficult of her so far short reign in terms of the situation she was entering she was confident that it would go well. After all she had an entourage that would make Achkaerin jealous. As well as the two new ladies on her staff there was also her head Lady in Waiting Anna Immich who was now arranging the Queen's hair under her lightweight crown made of intricate woven silver wire. There was also Jasmina who was busy checking with the Air Force crew the weather in Royal Seleucid, after all they'd need to make sure the Queen was well prepared. Next door without the help given to the Queen was her husband Leopold who was busy fastening up his pale blue and gold pinstriped tie, selected to marry the colours of the Queen's dress, the golden embroidery on it showing what looked like rolling dunes and palm trees, clearly a reference to the Festival grounds themselves.

"Come to the desert they said.....it'll be fun they said." The final member of the Lodjain group said as they touched down and the Air Crew read out the weather conditions outside. Dragan being rather fair skinned was already slorming on the sunblock making him look even paler. "Gingers and the desert should not mix.......Jasmina better take some of this." the Finance Minister handed a bottle of his sunblock to the stewardess to take to the Lady in Waiting.

"Look Klara said I needed to take some company and you had no official business, beside unlike the rest of her staff you're actually funny." Leopold said as he emerged from one of the bedrooms onboard. Soon the Queen and her retinue appeared. "Beautiful as always" he crossed to his wife kissing her on the cheek. "Ladies, fantastic work as usual and you yourselves will be the envy of the Festival." he said bowing respectfully to the four Ladies in Waiting, Tonya and Zhenya looking visibly nervous.

The group had to make the trip out in two helicopters, Leopold, Dragan and Jasmina in one and the Queen and the other Ladies in the other. Once they touched down yet again Klara was keen to make her greetings to the hosts, but was told that the King was out at the Camal racing, "Then we shall introduce ourselves to Queen Chyrssa while my husband goes Camal racing, Dragan make sure he doesn't gamble away the Queendom, Jasmina, make sure Dragan doesn't do anything stupid." The Queen instructed them with a grin giving her husband a kiss to see him off on the way out there. Anna lead the way into where Chryssa was sitting with her guests as attention switched to the arrivals it was Anna who spoke first.

"Your Majesty" she said directing herself to Chryssa, "It is my honour to present Her Divine Majesty Queen Klara II of Lodja, Guardian of Sessifet." she then backed out the way of her Queen who walked forward.

"Your Majesty it is a pleasure to meet you. I'm sorry we missed your husband but I've dispatched my own to go and pay our respects." She said as she tried to pick up the conversations going on around them. It seemed that a tour of the festival was about to take place and the Queen was rather looking forward to that, as too were her Ladies.

Out at the camal track Leopold, Dragan and Jasmina arrived just as the first race had ended. Here it was Jasmina who was left to do the introductions as she found King Heydar, "Your Majesty" she courtseyed. "It is my honour to present His Majesty, King Leopold of Lodja, Consort of the Guardian." Her part done she retired into the background after all it did seem more a male orientated gathering here.

"King Heydar" Leopold offered a firm handshake. "A pleasure to meet you. This is my nations finance Minister, Dragan Knežević" He introduced his now rather red faced colleague. "My wife sends her respects and I believe is probably by now costing our nation a small fortune." He knew there would perhaps be a stiffness between the two nations and figured much like getting rid of a sticking plaster it was best to rip it off quickly. " I'd like to say our nation is disappointed by the conduct of Oksana Stasiuk. Her conduct is that unbecoming a noblewoman of Lodja and as such she will be losing her estates. I know this is no compensation for the hurt she caused your nation but I do hope it goes some way to show the respect our nation had for you and your people." He hoped Heydar accepted the kind of apology but tried to turn the conversation. "Now, lets say we break my Finance Ministers heart" He withdrew his wallet and pulled out a substaintial amount of money. "Give me this on that camel in red.......which of these youngsters in steering the beast?" he looked around at the controllers for the next race and a small boy put his hand up. "Right, if he wins you get this." He held up a single bank note of some high worth. "Got to incentivise them a little." Leopold said more to himself than anyone.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2019, 04:52:26 PM »
@Tauredalia:

Thanasis like most Tamorans would not let a woman of his family go outside without a male member of his family accompanying her or at least a member of the household staff (for those rich enough to afford it). To leave a 18 year old woman go on some trip alone would be unimaginable. That showed Thanasis just how different were the mores in Tauredalia despite sharing a border with Tamora. Or maybe these moors were particular to their region of Tauredalia he asked himself. He knew that the people of Liinaw, one of the kingdoms of Tauredalia, were closer aligned to the mores of Tamora. Nevertheless, it wasn’t like Thanasis hadn’t met such traditions elsewhere, he had been to Quintelia after all. The issue was how to navigate the discussion without inadvertently “triggering a bomb”. He wasn’t at this festival to have debates about customs and traditions or even buy jewelry but to make connections:

“I know indeed and understand perfectly” he said trying to empathize. “She is a beautiful young lady indeed. You must be really proud.”

“If I may ask, I know Tauredalia has been blessed with many riches and among them oil. Has your country ever considered joining OPEN? I am asking because I am constantly trying to improve the organization so it better serves its members and hearing why others are reluctant to join is always something I am interested to hear.”

Thanasis thought that one way that he could connect with Rolron was by finding some possible suitors for his daughter. Though considering their mores only those from the Tamoran kingdom of Attica would do since, otherwise he would risk making an enemy of the man. He figured that this was a too god opportunity to pass up and asked:

“Is the HRH engaged? Please forgive me for asking this. In my culture it is appropriate to ask these questions. In Tamora and also Royal Seleucid parents have a reasonability to make sure they find the best possible partners for their children so such discussions are the norm. I apologize if it’s seen as inappropriate in your society.”