Author Topic: Material Girl - A Clysperi Pharaoh and the Conglomerate  (Read 3564 times)

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Material Girl - A Clysperi Pharaoh and the Conglomerate
« on: June 29, 2019, 04:31:01 AM »

To whom it may concern,

The Kingdom of Clysperis is interested in seeking a mutually beneficial relationship with the Conglomerate, an interest which I hope will be shared. At this time my Kingdom is perhaps best described as a market which is untapped; opportunities for growth and innovation are plenty, but to transform the Clysperi economy from one of a GDP per capita of $2k, toward one where my people may lead fulfilling and enriched lives, I shall require the guidance of those most skilled, those who possess unquestionable prowess in business and economics. I believe the Conglomerate is an entity which fits this bill well on all fronts.

In exchange for assisting the Clysperi economic recovery, in conjunction with efforts to be headed by the Tamoran Empire, the Kingdom shall offer the Conglomerate an environment in which it may expand its economic presence to the north.

Clysperis faces many challenges, from an unemployment rate of 7.6%, inflation of 12.9%, GDP growth of a scant .87%, coupled with obsolete infrastructure and minimal to non-existent foreign investment. I feel that our ascension to OPEN is one part of the equation, increasing the flow of Clysperi oil to the markets and harnessing those funds raised through Clysperi Standard Oil to gear the broader economy toward a path of growth. Agricultural production remains another bright area, with the Ḥ'pī blessing our fertile soils.

I look forward to your reply and the opportunity for partnership between our parties.

Pharaoh Bektaten, Sovereign of Sovereigns, Divine of Appearance, Beloved of Amun, Chosen of Ra, Lord of the Three Lands, High Priest of Every Temple, The Living Horus.

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Re: Material Girl - A Clysperi Pharaoh and the Conglomerate
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 08:33:31 AM »

Lead Officer Dentar,

I look forward to welcoming you and your delegation to Clysperis to discuss the matters before us. The Clysperi economy is one which sees many challenges before it, challenges which will require firm and definite solutions. Combined with Tamoran investments I feel that the efforts of the Conglomerate will supplement our economic efforts well, and look forward to what you shall have to propose.

Clysperis is thankful that the Conglomerate lives to a standard beyond its Illumic neighbours and is confident its faith is not misplaced. Midaranye has been challenged for some time and I realize that only through developing our indigenous capacities that we shall be respected by the world around us. I truly hope that the Conglomerate will be a firm partner in our endeavours.

I look forward to welcoming you to Nafu, in the backdrop of its pyramids, for our meeting.

Pharaoh Bektaten, Sovereign of Sovereigns, Divine of Appearance, Beloved of Amun, Chosen of Ra, Lord of the Three Lands, High Priest of Every Temple, The Living Horus.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 06:50:41 AM »
"Welcome to Clysperis!" a guard said as he greeted the entourage. As they were lead through the Capital to Khemnen Palace their guide shared facts about the landscape, before they were turned over to the Imperial Guard and led to the Pharaoh herself.

"Respected guests," she said with the nod of her head, "Welcome to my lands. I am so pleased you took to my invitation so kindly, and I hope this is the favours of the Gods for a beneficial arrangement. Aside from what I wrote you I have had visions, in many of which Clysperis is a leader, not beholden to the whims of powers such as Seaforth, Rokkenjima and Achkaerin. One in which your very Conglomerate is free to do as it wishes without worrying of consequence."

"So," she paused, "As we pursue an arrangement between ourselves, do we not also consider a new world as well? Although in the short term what others offer is more rewarding, I think of the ten years which follow today, and the ten which follow them."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2019, 07:22:39 AM »
Beketaten nodded as Tosom and Anginer spoke, "That's the issue with politicians," she chuckled, "especially in the republics and democracies. They know loyalty only to themselves and their party, speaking as puppets upon strings in speech designed to assure their survival in the form of another term. Their partnerships cannot be trusted, as they are entered into under the premise that such engagements are most beneficial to their future prospects. I, on the other hand, was educated to rule; I watched as my father ruled these lands, bled for these people, and it is in those steps I follow."

"Even certain monarchs are disposed to such leanings, though they are but politicians in a different construct: their cherished and beloved 'international order.' Parading terms such as "human rights" and "self determination" while denying both to those who do not bow before them and welcome them as the saviors of the universe they portray themselves to be. Why, even recently, we saw how Seaforth saw fit to stick its nose into the internal affairs of my Kingdom, masquerading as some force of order and justice when the very land they built their kingdom upon was stolen."

"I understand that your Conglomerate has an interest in foreign investments and economic opportunity," she continued, "two things I feel you would find in abundance within the Kingdom. At the Elysium Economic Forum Prince Naser and I unveiled a vision for a new economic capital of Clysperis, a gem which shall have the Achkaerinese looking to the south with envy, and the Rokkenjimans looking likewise toward the north. I have also unveiled phase two of that project, an area of free trade which encompasses not only Setri, but Nafu. Even with the ample and generous assistance of the Tamorans it will not be enough to see its realization, which is part of the reason why we are here today."

"I require your economic prowess and vision and," she paused, "cash never hurts either. I am not one to beg, I naturally expect that something shall need to be offered in return, and once we establish a framework from which to work, I feel we shall all walk away most pleased with the work we've accomplished during your time here."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2020, 08:42:46 AM »
"Whatever you are capable of providing, I will accept," she replied with a smile. "I would also add that Heyrans that invest in this early phase will be treated well as the City of Setri comes to prosper, and that as we move forward in a world which continues to move beyond the Occident that the fortunes of Clysperis shall be ours to share mutually. I wish for a city which rivals the economic capitals of Rokkenjima, Achkaerin, East Moreland, the lot of them; allow the ancients who invented cities to show these younger civilizations how it is truly done, yes? But I recognize the limitations of my present situation, I cannot do it alone, thus those foreigners who risk for us today, I shall see that they are rewarded tomorrow."

"Do you need a list of the benefits I am assuring, or are you already aware?" Akasha inquired.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2020, 07:03:49 AM »
"Some of the benefits in Setri were covered at the Elysium Economic Forum," Akasha replied, handing Anginer a piece of paper.

• A flat rate of 5% income tax on net profit.
  • Exemption from annual land and building taxes on utilized property
  • Exemption from taxes on distributed dividends and profits
  • Duty-free import of goods in commercial quantities via registration with the Royal Trade Authority
  • No foreign equity restrictions on investments
  • No foreign currency restrictions
  • Full repatriation of profits and capital
  • No restrictions upon foreign ownership
  • Availability of land for lease or sale
  • Full guarantees on rights and ownership
  • Upwards of 70% foreign labour

"With various projects being undertaken across Midaranye, and with a labour market which is perhaps unmatched throughout Mundus for the value which can be yielded from it, all while keeping in mind easy access to resources such as petroleum and natural gas, I believe that Midaranye is certainly poised to position itself as the manufacturers of Mundus. As such, foreign firms will likely wish to be here, on the ground."

"As for what you propose," Akasha continued, reviewing some of her notes, "We first need some clarity concerning the finance aspects of such an arrangement. Are we speaking of accounting standards, or are we speaking of an arrangement which would see the Kingdom sign on to have all companies which operate within Setri conduct business solely with Heyran banks?"

"Secondly, in all technicalities, we would not be observing Heyran Law but Clysperi Law. In this pursuit we would see special courts to be created which observe these Heyran laws, taking full note of it while apply decisions by interpreting it. Thus, in the Setri District, these special courts and judges observing Heyran laws to interpret them would be the way forward as it assures that everything is interpreted by a Clysperi judge, while also seeing that anything that goes against Clysperi interests would not stand."

"We must also recognize that Heyran law is not accepted across Mundus as the way by which the world does commercial law. If I were to agree to the adoption of this paradigm, I would have to see some tangible benefits that would serve the interests of Setri and the Kingdom as a whole. I suppose we would need to see something which sweetens the proposition quite nicely; to see its completion Setri is looking at securing investment commitments totaling in the billions of dollars to secure its completion. We've already an entrenched network between the economic capitals of East Moreland, Achkaerin, Rokkenjima....a paradigm which is not aligned toward them would be preferable, and I believe that a compact between Clysperis and the Heyran Republic could help to open an alternative economic framework for Mundus. Prior to that happening we'll need to see Setri built, and I do hope to see the Republic invest in this avenue to a more open economic framework."

Beatrice Anselmo