Author Topic: Marriage Audience 3 - East Moreland & Rokkenjima  (Read 4898 times)

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
Marriage Audience 3 - East Moreland & Rokkenjima
« on: April 07, 2020, 05:27:19 PM »
OOC- The initial request for an audience was made by Beatrice. If this audience request hasn't transferred to Evanthe or some other official/s I'll just delete it.

David said goodbye to the delegation from Neu Urburzis and had just enough time for a quick walk down to the kitchens, more to stretch his legs than grab a quick bite to eat. The kitchens still had boxes and trays of food left from last night's festivities and the staff were busy boxing it up to be sent to various charities or organisations across the city. He slowly wandered back towards his office and found the third tray of pastries for the day sat on the coffee table. He thought this could be the most interesting discussion of the day, with Empress Beatrice now gone he wondered what direction the old friendship between East Moreland and Rokkenjima would go, would it carry on through its troubled present or revert to happy days. It was this he was musing on when Quinn tapped lightly on the door and announced the Rokkenjiman arrival.

"Oh please come in, take a seat" he gestured to his lounge area in the office, four black leather sofas surrounding a coffee table made out of one of the jet engines from the SSC Honeybadger contained within a glass top. "Is green tea still the drink of choice for Rokkenjima?" he asked his hand moving presumptively towards the chrome pot Quinn had ensured was at hand.

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Re: Marriage Audience 3 - East Moreland & Rokkenjima
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2020, 03:38:22 AM »
Evanthe smiled as she sat, "Indeed it is, thank you. "Congratulations are first in order, it was a beautiful wedding, and it is so wonderful to see East Moreland again has a Queen. I am sad that Joshua couldn't be here personally, but I'm sure that wherever he is a part of his spirit was here with us. I did find this case amongst his possessions with a letter addressed to you," she said as she handed the leather sword case and letter to the King. "I don't know what the letter says, so it's entirely between you and him."

"I realize you were to meet with my cousin originally, but as we both know circumstances conspired to prevent that. There's many issues before us that have accumulated over the years and, yet again, it falls to me to address them. I can, however, say with confidence that I have seen throughout the Imperial Government a desire to set this period of time behind Rokkenjima. Especially amongst the Armed Forces, East Moreland isn't looked upon with derision nor disrespect. I know full well that Rowe is frustrated with how things were handled, and now we've again the question of QAMB before us, albeit in a different incarnation."

"It can never be easy, can it?" she chuckled. "Wherever should we start?"

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2020, 11:14:13 PM »
David stirred the sugar into his coffee while Evanthe spoke.  He hadn't really thought much about Joshua not being there with the whirlwind of the day before but now it hit him and he felt guilty that he'd given the man no thought. "I'm sorry, I should have asked if you'd heard anything from him. We're praying for his safe return." David took the letter and went and placed it on his desk so he could read it later. As bad as it might seem the contents could wait as they were a matter as Evanthe had said between David and Joshua yet his duties as King meant for the next hour or so he would focus upon being East Moreland and not David Ironside the friend of Joshua Rhodes. "I hope your cousin is doing well. I know we have had issues in the past but I believed following the Council of Crowns meeting that we'd perhaps set ourselves on a path to putting things right. If there is anything we can do to help then rest assured we will." He took a bite of a ginger biscuit placing the remaining part on the saucer of his coffee cup. "You brought up the question of QAMB and a new incarnation of it just now, perhaps that should be a place to start. Just prior to your assuming the throne we saw a meeting of MICA that was linked to that very situation in a way. My view is very very clear, the Mhorish and Illumic nations are more organised than ever, we've a growing and strong relationship with Bakkermaya, in the coming days we're going to look at bringing Hassfurt into the MICA fold and of course we've your old homeland of Seaforth ever steadfast on the opposite shore. Illumic determination has now also become Mhorish determination and understanding where QAMB in whatever guise it is fits in is important."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2020, 07:47:14 AM »
"Thank you," she said before reflecting on Beatrice. "For what it's worth, I know she had looked forward to this day but circumstances came together to preclude that. With the knowledge I have now it's easier to forgive, to understand, but it's still tinged with the frustration that even her illness was a secret she felt she had to bear alone. I'm sure she was watching some way, and is happy for you and East Moreland. Hopefully, some day, she'll be able to share her own words with you and setting things where they should be."

Evanthe smiled as she looked up, "MICA has grown into such an impressive organisation, the embodiment of years of dedication and work towards a better region. While it was a pleasant surprise Beatrice saw the wisdom in informing East Moreland prior to an announcement to the world, the very announcement was flawed from the start. While I can't turn back the clock on QAMB I can ensure full compliance with the Agreement and, you should know, I'll never proclaim Rokkenjima is an Illumic power. I'd like to work with you to make sure that the decision to reintroduce QAMB does not upend the work which Illumic and Mhorish nations have done to achieve cohesion and security in the Illumic and Mhorish."

"I'm also working to see that Rokkenjima steps back from the military-first strategy adopted by Beatrice and replace that with what we had before: working with our allies, friends and partners to achieve results through diplomacy. As I understand the Vicegerent is due to conduct some renegotiations tied to QAMB so, upon the conclusion of that process, I should hopefully have more answers for you. In the mean time, I'm open to review anything you should wish to cover, and we'll see if we can't reach a place which sees a more sensible understanding from Pyrettania, rather than what MICA was first greeted with when Beatrice made her Declaration in the Imperial Decree."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2020, 05:23:14 PM »
"For us in East Moreland we would want to see any new agreement with QAMB concerned have hard limits on what is there and its numbers. I believe your talks with Heyra, the Conglomerate, or whatever their calling themselves this week were aimed at you ensuring the security of merchant shipping. While that is an important role we're concerned because Heyra are a nation with significant overseas holdings, if they can protect them then surely they can protect their home waters? In order to protect merchant shipping for example we wouldn't be expecting to see carrier fleets or missile subs. So perhaps we can discuss what your likely to be putting in place there." David wasn't exactly a fan of nations who didn't do their bit to protect themselves. In his view all those nations that held bases overseas should be able to 100% look after their own security and to see Heyra with significant holding in the Kyne region yet begging outsiders to come to their backyard was in David's view not the mark of leadership. "I also believe that before you leave we should have established some formal connection between our nations. Beatrice ended the tri-partite which is the only agreement that existed between our two nations. It would be remiss if we were not to take this oppurtunity to end the day with something. I mean officially we have not even an agreement between us to have embassies since she ended that."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2020, 05:06:55 AM »
"I'm sure that Beatrice saw an opportunity to replace QAMB and left, without much consideration beyond that," Evanthe replied.

"As I understand, Imperial High Command is transitioning any assets to be stationed there toward a Krimeon-oriented Fleet," Evanthe continued. "Concerns remain regarding Lakhzovia, so while Imperial High Command has its sights on stationing a carrier at the new QAMB perhaps we can set in place a limit between us? A Rokkenjiman carrier stationed at QAMB should not operate in the Illumic or Mhorish unless their assistance is specifically requested by a native nation to the region, likewise with any deployments of submarines. As you know I've long been skeptical regarding the Lakhzovs, so I can see the wisdom in having some capacity for action should they spark yet another crisis in the Krimeon. At the same time, I don't wish to see these same assets pose a problem for the Illumic and Mhorish Seas, so that's something I would like to work with on you."

"It's certainly an opportunity we should take. Is there anything you had in mind for a new treaty that you'd like to discuss?"

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2020, 10:18:17 PM »
"Well this sounds a good start. I don't wish to sound disparaging to the Lakhzovians but you having a carrier wandering around in the Krimeon is there problem not ours." David said matter of factly. "As for moving into the Mhorish and Illumic you know very well that East Moreland has its finger well on the pulse when it comes to military intelligence, if there is an actual need for the deployment of said assets then naturally we would be willing to co-operate."

"Now as for this treaty I would like it to contain three broad themes, first the establishment of a formal connection for rapid communication, this should be something akin to what the old Tripartite had however actually utilised. What I suggest is that each of us appoint a military officer of the rank of Lt-Col or higher. We then find some office in one of our HQ's, so East Moreland would make such facilities available at Ostlake West. That officer may keep a staff of four, it will enable them to be a link between our nations should it be needed and alternatively a place from which to operate alongside the offerings of embassies, which brings me on to step 2. I think in the coming days once your back home it would be good to have each of us formally be seen as accepting the credentials of our ambassadors, as such I think it important that we install an ambassador of significant standing, militarily, nobly, diplomatically or the like. We then have two forms of contact at various levels. Finally I think we should explore us being some kind of link, you represent the CSTO which I believe you are intent on enlarging, meanwhile I represent the CNN. Now despite the way our alliance has been portrayed by your cousin at times we are not some monster. I think it is reasonable to see a similar CSTO relationship with the CNN as they once had with the CIS. We can work out some broad articles if we agree to these in principle. Then the question comes what exactly would Rokkenjima see as the future of ties between us."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2020, 07:59:38 PM »
"Then we may move forward with a mutual understanding that, while some assets may be deployed to QAMB, there will be a short list of circumstances under which they would be in the Illumic or Mhorish Seas; by invitation, request or in the conduct of future joint operations or exercises with a native navy. Should we see a Rokkenjiman submarine transiting the Illumic or Mhorish such transits should take place under previous understandings held between our nations: they should do so surfaced."

"The establishment of a formal rapid communication line is wise, and I may have an Officer in mind for that role already. I also have short lists for ambassadors, as well as embassy locations which I'll have forwarded for your consideration. I would also like to see CSTO-CNN links established, as I'm sure you can appreciate I have quite different views on the CNN, the Illumic, indeed foreign policy in general than those held by Beatrice. Fantasies and conspiracy theories won't be guided toward East Moreland or the CNN from Chrysanthemum Throne, I can assure you."

"Working with those in the Imperial Government who served during the Tripartite era, as well as those who've joined afterwards, I still see a strong desire within the Imperial Government to see Rokkenjima and East Moreland rebuild relations and stand aside each other as friends, partners and allies once again. Setting a foundation of international partnerships and leaving Adriana with steadfast friends is a key component in ensuring her success, which is a part of my role and why I once again assumed these duties. We've some things to establish and work out to get there, but I firmly believe that the natural arc between our nations and peoples trends toward friendship and cooperation. Unfortunately, my cousin was no longer equipped for the role or what it demanded of her, however, moving into the future I can promise East Moreland that I'll be bringing some Seaforthian sensibilities to Pyrena Castle."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2020, 10:35:44 PM »
"In terms of Ambassador's I'm putting a team in place as a kind of work experience in some ways." David began to explain, "It will naturally be of such a status as to not be offensive to Rokkenjima's standing but also won't be a well known diplomat. The Ambassador will be my cousin Steven's son, Peter Kade. He's thirty years old so on paper a little young for such a role but he's essentially part of the Ironside family. His aunt is Orlaith Kade our Foriegn Minister. I am however attaching to him someone who will effectively manage him but will sit in the background for reasons of necessity, Edward Tamana. You may remember he was our former Foreign Minister who as a rather stupid young man 20 or so years ago manipulated the non-military aspect of his national service. I accepted his resignation as naturally I had little choice, but he's a seasoned diplomat and will be an aide rather than ambassador. The third member of the team I'm putting in place is to be more of a cultural representative, April Tucker, she's currently a researcher and journalist with EMTV and needs some experience of being away from her father's apron strings. She'll essentially be running the embassies outreach and PR. I figure that should give the East Moreland embassy the sufficant status deserving of a nation like Rokkenjima. The fact your getting for all extent and purposes an Ironside should send the message of how significant we see these things."

David spent a few minutes scribbling.

Quote from: David's Scribbling

The Nations of East Moreland and Rokkenjima have agreed to abide by a diplomatic treaty between themselves. Both nations shall ensure the following.

1. Each shall operate an active embassy in line with internationally accepted norms.

2. Should a written request be received an ambassador must attend the monarch of the host nation within 24 hours.

3. Both nations shall maintain a military liaison officer. This officer must be of the rank Lt-Col or higher and will be provided facilities for themselves and a staff of no more than four aides of any military rank. They shall serve as a first contact on matters of military importance.

4. As members of the CNN and CSTO respectively both nations agree to brief the other on decisions of that organisation so far as it does not compromise the confidentiality of their organisation or cause a threat to operational security.

5. Should East Moreland plan to take any military action or manouvers in the Rokkenjima Sea or Strait of Shaw it shall inform Rokkenjima prior to the operations so far as it is operationally safe to do so.

6. Should Rokkenjima plan to take any military action or manouvers in the Mhorish or Illumic it shall inform East Moreland prior to the operations so far as it is operationally safe to do so.

7. Rokkenjima and East Moreland shall put in place an agreement known as the "QAMB Tarrif" this shall be an agreement about the size and composition of naval contingents at the base.

8. Should any dispute take place between East Moreland and Rokkenjima they shall both seek to solve them peacefully. Should a situation require it they shall utilise Seaforth as an independent council.

"I think their is perhaps more, but I'd rather this be our agreement not the Treaty of the Scribble." David handed the notepad over for Evanthe to examine.

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2020, 06:52:28 AM »
"I've determined that our team shall be led by Jason Cole as Ambassador to East Moreland," Evanthe began as she read from some notes. "You'll remember he was Ambassador to Lakhzovia during the Embassy Crisis and he's long been promised a position that would involve less bullets and threats to his life," she continued with a chuckle. "As well as that he's a Cole, thus his connections to Paul have not escaped me, and we both know that he's certainly qualified to head the post. Joining him shall be Princess Euphemia, a former Vicegerent of Rokkenjima and my cousin, to serve as an aide in his staff. Finally I shall be attaching Jessica Abruscato to round out our team."

"I know the Abruscato name had been soiled by Sumire's involvement with Charles Offdensen in Toshikawa, however, they've long been a respected family in Rokkenjima and not all of them followed in Sumire's path. She's got a good head on her shoulders and finished at the top of her class for diplomatic studies at the University of Ashinxao; they deserve some redemption from the darkest depths Sumire plunged them into. I trust that she'll be a fitting representative of the best of Rokkenjima, and her family, as well. If you should have any concerns to her connections to Sumire, however, I do have other candidates I may consider for her position, but I think she deserves this position and is the best person to fill it."

"As for the Treaty, I've a few suggestions, but I'd like to get the Abruscato question out of the way first."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2020, 11:50:42 PM »
"Well Northfort isn't always the calmest of cities however I can probably promise he won't get shot at by the locals." David smiled, "Might get the odd rouge firework on Greenflowers or Honeybadger Day but I'm sure he'll cope with that. The Princess is naturally welcome and as for the Abruscato I made the mistake of tarring the sister of my cousin James with the same brush as him once. It showed me that you can't really brand all members of a family together. We're kind of bound by tradition to accept the staff of your appointing unless we of course believe there is a national security issue. So far this Jessica has, as far as I know, nothing on file to raise concerns. I therefore imagine that it won't be a concern. Now as for things you'd like to suggest please feel free"

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2020, 08:00:00 AM »
"Wonderful," Evanthe said with a smile. "I would like to see included some echoes to the Tripartite, mainly cultural exchanges, educational aspects, as well as eased visa conditions as well as a provision which would see our nations share intelligence with the other should we stumble upon information which could be harmful to the other. I believe trade relations are covered by the CSU agreement East Moreland has secured, so that is a matter we do not have to discuss. Hopefully, from this basis, we may rebuild our relationship to a point which will see us pledging again our forces to the defense of the other. While I realize it is early for that to be pledged at present, I do hope it shows my dedication to that eventual end for the full restoration of the Rokkenjiman-Morelander relationship."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2020, 10:48:17 AM »
"A lot of the cultural connections and educational aspects can be possibly seen as in place through CETO however those are rather basic, things such as bringing exhibitions to the other nation and providing access for studies. So I'm interested in seeing where exactly you would like that to proceed. We're happy to consider other elements of arrangements in these sectors for sure. As for visas we would need to tie that to intelligence sharing. Currently unless we're given permission to check criminal records as a minimum we will not be giving up any visa easing. We also intend that visa free travel would only be given to people booking flights at least a week in advance with some of the usual requirements we have as standard such as the need for a return ticket. So I suppose it falls to you to determine where you'd like this to sit."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2020, 01:45:05 PM »
"I would like to see a return of the Rokkenjima-East Moreland Cultural Association and the restoration of annual festivals in our nations which gave at minimum 100 students from each of our nations the opportunity to attend. Article IX of the Treaty of Mutual Cooperation and Security also provided for a fast-track visa process for the purposes of trade, recreation and business. I've also taken some notes on the educational arrangements of the Crown Princess which Beatrice and Alexander put into place, where a portion of her education took place in Rokkenjima and another portion in Dartfordia, seeing that her education is well-rounded to both standards of the nations she will one day ascend the Thrones of. I believe that offering Rokkenjiman and Morelander college students an exchange program, in which they may study in either nation for one to two semesters of their education at a 'sister university' may be one more avenue for our peoples to re-connect, to learn of our cultures and forge new friendships on an individual level."

"I would not be opposed to allowing for Morelander access to Rokkenjiman criminal records, nor a continual restoration of the scope of intelligence sharing between the First Empire and the Kingdom until we reach the point we were at before," Evanthe continued. "Understandably the educational proposals I made would require a separate student visa with different requirements, but that's something we may set into place to ensure not only its success, but that it is managed under our respective expectations."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2020, 11:54:44 PM »
"The Cultural Association I think can be established. East Moreland embassies have always sought to do the kind of thing you'd see there anyway be it going out and planting tree's during the Feast of Marissa or hosting traditional BBQ's during the Feast of Helus. I think you'll see those have always happened but giving it an official title will help establish a wider remit for my ambassadors to take actions to support the idea. As for visas we'll happily extend the offer of a fast track process to anyone booking return trips at least 14 days before departure with the usual caveats. This should cover the trade, recreation and business process. As for student visas we would be willing to allow any Rokkenjiman meeting our institues standards, meeting the usual caveats and having proof of being able to fund their study to apply for places in East Moreland assuming a recirpical arrangement. As you know we started the More and Mundus project to put schools in East Moreland in touch with partnerships which include exchanges if Rokkenjima want to join that programme then I'd be confident they'd gladly be accepted. "

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2020, 05:14:08 AM »
"I believe we're in agreement on the points raised then," Evante smiled. "If I may suggest, I would wish to include an intelligence sharing provision, that if Rokkenjima becomes aware of intelligence that may harm East Moreland that it will be swiftly communicated, and likewise should East Moreland become aware of information that would harm Rokkenjiman interests it shall be communicated. From this foundation we can rebuild the intelligence sharing and military relationships we once enjoyed. Is this something you would be comfortable with?"

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2020, 11:42:23 PM »
"Prior to the ending of the Tri-partitie we had an effective intelligence sharing operation. That was however destroyed in several ways. While I believe that could be achieved once again I do have some misgivings." David said cautiously. "You'll forgive me for saying but as you are aware the Rokkenjiman intelligence network dropped the ball massively on several occasions surrounding the situation with Charles Ofdensen and then again with the whole situation regarding someone within your nation talking to Achkaerin and claiming we had been assassinating people. With the Ofdensen issue that was a bolt out of the blue that took us all by surprise, it does however show that for whatever reason there was a blind spot. Then the issue with Achkaerin I am concerned about the way discussions between East Moreland and Rokkenjima could go. While I respect Emerson Ravenswood I have a concern. What would happen should East Moreland reveal some intelligence to Rokkenjima that we wish for Achkaerin not to know. He may be your Viceregent but he is also a Count of Achkaerin owing loyalty to his liege lord the Emperor of Achkaerin. I would consider him a potential avenue for a breach in that respect and for that I struggle to find a way of 100% committing to a full and open intelligence exchange." David said matter of factly knowing he would expect anyone of his nobles to remain loyal to the crown that had given and maintained their title.

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2020, 10:28:58 PM »
"These issues are why the former intelligence apparatus has been dismantled, with the Naval Intelligence Service being elevated with a broader mandate over Rokkenjiman intelligence matters. During the troubles which befell Lucinda's organisation the NIS proved to be resilient, however, not properly employed by the government of my cousin in ways which could have brought that affair to an end much more quickly."

"As for concerns regarding the Achkaerinese, we would see established a Rokkenjima-East Moreland Intelligence Liaison which would handle all exchanges between our nations. This Liaison, and their associated intelligence unit, would report solely to me and be isolated from any structure which reports to the Vicegerent. This will eliminate any concerns of information passing to Achkaerin which should not be passed."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2020, 10:57:24 PM »
"So let me get this straight?" The King was slightly confused, "You intend for the Vice-Regent of Rokkenjima to essentially be shown the door anytime we so much as give you a satellite image to view. That is essentially what your saying if you are cutting him out of the loop. Now if that is what you are saying then that is fine, however the first time we even get the faintest hint that he's seen anything we've given you but not Achkaerin that would mean we would be forced to end any arrangement. This is not something I am saying because we don't trust Emerson or Achkaerin. It's just things change, situations change and any treaty needs to be future proof. We can't tell in six months time what might be happening and how this may change the relationship between East Moreland and Achkaerin. I'm happy to proceed with what you suggest, just my fears are that I think it will be difficult for you to cut a vice-regent out of decision making. So is this a way you wish to proceed?" David waited a moment or two.

"If it is I suggest we perhaps that we assign a named individual to head the sharing process."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2020, 02:02:51 AM »
"I put forth the idea precisely because it's ridiculous," Evanthe continued. "Let's remember that, during the previous intelligence sharing arrangement between Rokkenjima and East Moreland that Alexander was the Emperor of Rokkenjima and Crown Prince of Littlebrook, sharing Beatrice's bed...I must ask why this issue was not raised with Alex and the Dartfordians? We could reasonably envision scenarios in which East Moreland may, theoretically, have felt comfortable sharing with Rokkenjima but not wish for the information to reach the Dartfordians. As Crown Prince his loyalty is ultimately to Dartfordia, and his father the King; yet at no point in time were these concerns raised then. At this time East Moreland and Dartfordia didn't even hold a bilateral treaty, whereas the relationship between East Moreland and Achkaerin is fairly known as solid and has been for quite some time."

"If we're to take this line of thought to the ultimate extent, my marriage to Joshua should have presented concerns in the relay of intelligence, likewise, with all due respect, your Queen is Lodjan. Should I be concerned then that, during pillow talk, something we may have discussed could be passed along to her which, ultimately, she would be obliged to share with her Queen? I'm not trying to berate you, I'm just trying to explore each logical concern this opens up. Given what we all learned of Alex during the Andean Genocide, he should have been raising red flags in regards to these concerns as we know how his actions, or lack thereof, allowed for one of the greatest failures in Rokkenjiman domestic security."

"With all that being said, the point is fair yet I do not believe Emerson has done something to warrant such suspicion. If Alexander Anselmo wasn't a concern, if I wasn't a concern involving Joshua, if Stasya isn't a concern that others should perhaps consider, should not Emerson be granted the same consideration given the precedent established? It also begs the question, given the known strength and longevity of the Morelander-Achkaerinese alliance, what would East Moreland not share with Achkaerin that it would be willing to share with Rokkenjima?"

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2020, 11:27:05 AM »
"One reason why this is of a particular concern over Achkaerin is the fact that on two occasions the Achkaerin Imperial family have followed a path where they have accused East Moreland first of an assassination against a baby in Safraen, and then of carrying out global assassinations of your intelligence officers. To have a teenage Princess Serenity accuse us of being baby killers to my sister's face shows in my view a grave mismanagement of their intelligence. Therefore when it comes to the East Moreland and Achkaerin relationship I prefer to know that we can control the flow of information to them. As for Joshua to my knowledge he's never sat in a government meeting for the Rokkenjiman government, now if your telling me that he did then that is a second thing we must look at. As for your concerns about Stasya telling any Rokkenjiman secrets to Lodja then let me point out to you that no foreigner serves in the East Moreland government in any capacity and never will. In fact to be able to serve in our government you need to have completed military service, seeing as no-one who is not a Morelander can do that then we have no issue with outsiders being in our government. The Queen never sits in intelligence briefings, never sits in on government business unless it is her who is instigating it, such as when during her time as Queen Matilda brought forward suggestions for wildlife protection laws. If you look at the two times I was ill and unable to run the government, the first time it was Princess Freya and not Queen Matilda that I left the Kingdom's management to, the second time it was Archduchess Sophie and Alex Redfern, not Queen Matilda. Romance does not and never will earn you a place at the table where decision making is undertaken in our Kingdom. "

"As I have said, at the moment I do not envisage a situation where there is something I wouldn't share with Achkaerin, but who knows, for example we list the Bene Gesserit terrorists, they don't. We are both actively engaged in actions designed to be against their forces in Kaitaine, meanwhile Achkaerin hosts a school in which we have shown the Bene Gesserit train paramilitary members. It is not too much of a leap to think that one day we may get information on Bene Gesserit operations which we would wish to share with you. How can we know that this information getting back to Achkaerin wouldn't put our intelligence sources in danger. Yes we have a friendship with Ui Cennesliag who also host a school, but we control the flow of information to them. With Emerson in the room there our concern is whether such information gets back to the government of Achkaerin and from there who knows. You yourself have just raised we should have had similar concerns about Alex, we didn't, we now have a 2nd chance at this treaty and therefore lets just say we are ensuring we don't make the same mistake."

"We could if this is a situation you don't believe is actually valid leave out intelligence sharing all together and rely purely on goodwill to share information or we could explore options for ways around it." 

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2020, 05:17:40 AM »
"I won't comment on Crown Princess Serenity, however, I would note that the Achkaerinese have never suggested that East Moreland was involved in the assassinations of Rokkenjiman intelligence officers. In each instance I can recall the Achkaerinese stated that there was no evidence of Morelander involvement, and that it was most likely Rokkenjima which was behind the assassinations. This position was also made clear when the Kirby Report was released." Evanthe took a moment to quote the Report, emphasizing the points regarding East Moreland.

Quote from: Kirby Report
Following the conviction of Mr Ofdensen in 2017 the leadership of the Anausa changed hands to Mr Lelouch Lamperogue. During Mr Lamperogue's tenure several of the corrupted Anausa were found dead across Mundus in different circumstances, the Anausa put the blame on the Bene Gesserrit and a whistle blower suggested that Rokkenjima contacted East Moreland and asked them to carry out what would amount to acts of state sponsored terrorism similar to those perpetrated by the government of Kaitaine not that long ago. There is no evidence that the Rokkenjiman government contacted East Moreland about this, there is no evidence that East Moreland were in anyway involved and considering that all the dead are former Anausa it is not credible to conclude that the Bene Gesserit were responsible. Having considered the evidence it appears that the Anausa themselves, independent of any governmental body engaged in what can only be described as a civil war which has seen the death most recently of Mr Lamperogue.

"I have kept Emerson in his position for a reason, in that I trust his judgement and he has acted in the best interests of the First Empire. If his advice would have been followed we would never have had the C.F.T. to deal with, and I imagine that my cousin would have made things much less difficult for herself and the First Empire had she listened. If I hide things from him, he cannot perform his job in advising me, and while I have the experience and acumen in foreign affairs to run the foreign affairs of the First Empire myself I am no longer Vicegerent, I have many concerns of the Imperial Government that all require my attention and energy. Having someone I can trust, and someone I know will serve in the best interests of my Government, is crucially important as I prepare the First Empire for the reign of Adriana."

"Certainly I am open to considering a variety of options to see our intelligence sharing restored, and I am confident that there is a manner in which it may be approached which does not raise the concerns of East Moreland while also blinding my Vicegerent and reducing his capability to do his job." Evanthe paused, "Returning to a point, Joshua never sat in on Rokkenjiman meetings, yet I sat in on Seaforthian meetings. As Governor of Somerset, and with my broad experience in international affairs, Joshua and I functioned as a team and kept nothing from each other. Not once did I relay anything I learned to Beatrice, nor did I ever consider relaying anything to her, even once. That is why I mentioned him specifically, especially as East Moreland and Seaforth have shared a relationship as strong as that with the Achkaerinese. It was not flagged as a concern and, as I've stated, nothing ever transpired which would have given cause for concern in the first place. Although, with Stasya, she need not find out in a formal context; after a stressful day we may at times say things to our partners that, perhaps, should not be relayed."

"I can impress upon the Vicegerent," Evanthe continued, "that information he has access to in the course of his work does not leave the confines of our working relationship, that his continued duty to Chrysanthemum Throne is contingent upon him not relaying matters which are discussed between Rokkenjima and East Moreland to Valtheim. I know a man of honour when I see one, you should know better than most that I am naturally drawn to them; I know that I can trust Emerson and I also know that if I am personally responsible for any repercussions which would result from his passage of information, he would make the choice I trust him to make. I would not put forth this provision if I felt that the interests of either East Moreland or Rokkenjima would be harmed by its inclusion in our treaty. Let us find a way to make it work."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2020, 08:32:06 PM »
Some of what Evanthe said worried David. The fact that she seemed so convinced people passed classified information on to their partners easily was something alien to him. In East Moreland even the whole city of Aldcliffe denied knowing where Red Legion barracks was despite it being the biggest building in town. " As I see it you have three choices. Option 1 is that we have a treaty which does not include any element of intelligence sharing. Option 2 is that you present some manner of reassuring us that what we pass on never gets in front of a non-Rokkenjiman. Option 3 is that we proceed with a intelligence sharing deal but you will understand that the very second we even suspect that information we filter to you that we remotely think has made its way to Achkaerin will see us pull out of this deal. Me and you are only sat having a discussion about a treaty between our nations because the East Moreland and Rokkenjima relationship was hitting rock bottom. We've now turned a corner on that trajectory but things are still not perfect."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2020, 03:32:36 AM »
"I do believe we may proceed with option three," Evanthe would reply. "I do recognize the progression of events which brought us to the present position between our nations, yet I am also confident in the underlying bonds which were built between the First Empire and the Kingdom. As we continue forth from the transition from my cousin and, eventually, to Adriana we will have time and opportunities to further distance ourselves from the lows which were ultimately realized. I believe that many of the issues are straight-forward in resolving, given a consistent and stable leadership in Pyrettania, which is what I plan to leave in Adriana's hands by the time she's ascended to Chrysanthemum Throne."

"Rest assured that nothing which is shared with us will be shared with those beyond who is intended."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2020, 10:54:28 PM »
"Upon your head be it" David leaned back in his chair and smiled. " Now earlier you mentioned the idea of cultural and educational matters and so I've added them to what we've discussed so far. I think this includes everything."

Quote from: Treaty so Far
The Nations of East Moreland and Rokkenjima have agreed to abide by a diplomatic treaty between themselves. Both nations shall ensure the following.

1. Each shall operate an active embassy in line with internationally accepted norms.

2. Should a written request be received an ambassador must attend the monarch of the host nation within 24 hours.

3. Both nations shall maintain a military liaison officer. This officer must be of the rank Lt-Col or higher and will be provided facilities for themselves and a staff of no more than four aides of any military rank. They shall serve as a first contact on matters of military importance.

4. As members of the CNN and CSTO respectively both nations agree to brief the other on decisions of that organisation so far as it does not compromise the confidentiality of their organisation or cause a threat to operational security.

5. Should East Moreland plan to take any military action or manouvers in the Rokkenjima Sea or Strait of Shaw it shall inform Rokkenjima prior to the operations so far as it is operationally safe to do so.

6. Should Rokkenjima plan to take any military action or manouvers in the Mhorish or Illumic it shall inform East Moreland prior to the operations so far as it is operationally safe to do so.

7. Rokkenjima and East Moreland shall put in place an agreement known as the "QAMB Tarrif" this shall be an agreement about the size and composition of naval contingents at the base.

8. Should any dispute take place between East Moreland and Rokkenjima they shall both seek to solve them peacefully. Should a situation require it they shall utilise Seaforth as an independent council.

9. Rokkenjima shall be authorised as a partner in the More and Mundus educational exchange allowing students aged between 14-18 in participating schools to go exchanges. Both nations shall fund an appropriate number of exchanges per year.

10. Students from both nations shall be given equal consideration when applying for University places so long as the following criteria are met.
a) Students can fund the entirity of their study.
b) Students are not deemed a threat to national security.
c) Students shall not work during their length of study.

11. To facilitate fast track visas and student visas both nations agree to make their criminal record database available to the other.

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2020, 07:48:36 AM »
"So be it," Evanthe said with a smile. "I know a man of character and good judgement when I sit with them, get to know them, and I know that my Vicegerent will not disappoint me. I also know that he will give me the best advice and guidance he is capable of, this is what any Rokkenjiman Empress asks of her Vicegerent when he or she is appointed. Despite the difficulties we have faced personally, his judgement and decisions have remained sound and true: you could imagine, following our engagement, following all that transpired between us, and then for me to withdraw from him as Joshua returned? A lesser man could have taken advantage of the situation and wrought much damage in retribution, but Emerson is not a lesser man and he won't disappoint either of us."

"I hope that our agreement will mark the begin of the rebuilding of our links," Evanthe continued. "I'm of the opinion that we've seen bad actors on the international stage take advantage of the discord between Rokkenjima and its traditional allies, East Moreland and Achkaerin principle amongst them, while also taking advantage of a weakened position of Chrysanthemum Throne. Restoring the strong links between our nations, ensuring that we are on the same page and that we act, equally and with strong conviction toward those who would upset all we've worked together to achieve for a more free and equitable Mundus...these are measures which not only serve our respective national interests, but the causes of world peace and stability as well."

"If we're in agreement and our professional obligations are concluded," Evanthe continued, "could you excuse me for being selfish for a moment?  I've had every asset available to the Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy and Cyber Operations Directorate pour over the available information while utilizing ICON assets to scour the seas and surrounding areas to determine if there has been any sighting of Joshua. I've sent submarines scouring the bottoms of the seas for signs of his vessel, I've poured over countless hours of footage and photographs taken, nothing, however is apparent. Have you seen anything different? How could he just disappear?"

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2020, 08:33:58 PM »
David should have expected Seaforth to come up and in a way he was prepared, "Seaforth have been for a long long time one of our closest allies and had it not been for the chaos of late there I'd have hoped that between the Celtic connection and our long friendship they would have joined us in the CNN. Rest assured we've been keeping a close eye on the situation there and I know Redfern had been speaking to his contacts in Seaforth's Blackwatch. Now we have an intelligence sharing deal in place you can be assured, as we would have anyway in this case, we'll be sharing what we find. If you like we'll also see what the Cenneg know, the Celts have close knit clan groups and the Rhodes clan will have cousins and the like in Ui Cenneslaig. We'll see if they've dug anything up."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2020, 07:14:40 PM »
"Thank you, likewise, if I should come across any information I'll be sure it gets back to you. I haven't irritated Rowe with daily visits to his office just yet, indeed, I feel he's come to expect them. Speaking of Rowe, I do know he looks forward to a future opportunity for Rokkenjiman and Morelander forces to work together once again, so I'm excited to see just how the seed we've planted today shall grow. With that being said, I'm pleased with what we've drafted and if you've a pen I think we may make this formal."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2020, 07:13:16 PM »
David buzzed the intercom to Quinn his Chief of Household who resided in the office that controlled one of the two entrances to the King's Private Office. "Quinn can you get Jocelyn in here please, bring a camera."

"No problem" Quinn had suspected that a treaty signing could be on the cards and so the Palace photographer was on standby.

David set up two seats behind his desk that gave the a view through the huge bay window and across the Palace fountain and driveway. It was a view that many Morelanders would recall from countless PR pictures taken in the Palace. With a pair of leather folders and copies of the document in both nations official languages the King of East Moreland signed his copy while Jocelin snapped photos before exchanging the folder with Evanthe.

Quote from: New Treaty

9. Rokkenjima shall be authorised as a partner in the More and Mundus educational exchange allowing students aged between 14-18 in participating schools to go exchanges. Both nations shall fund an appropriate number of exchanges per year.

10. Students from both nations shall be given equal consideration when applying for University places so long as the following criteria are met.
a) Students can fund the entirity of their study.
b) Students are not deemed a threat to national security.
c) Students shall not work during their length of study.

11. To facilitate fast track visas and student visas both nations agree to make their criminal record database available to the other.