Author Topic: An Invitation To Kodumaa  (Read 3389 times)

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
An Invitation To Kodumaa
« on: May 01, 2020, 04:22:43 AM »

Establishing Formal Ties With The Imperium of Kodumaa

The First Empire has long endeavoured to maintain cordial relations with its fellow Ardian neighbours, and to this date I cannot recall an opportunity for the First Empire and the Imperium to establish such relations. To remedy this oversight I would be pleased to invite Empress Myna Anastasia Sygvaldi and a delegation of her choosing to Pyrena Castle to establish relations between our nations, while also embarking upon an economic partnership to the mutual benefit of our Nations and Peoples.

Joining me will be Crown Princess Adriana, heir to Chrysanthemum Throne, whom will most likely be working with you once she ascends to the Throne. While she will not be attending in an official capacity it is my goal, in preparing her for the duties of the Crown, to introduce her to those nations the First Empire will be working with moving into the future.

I have included instructions for you to land a helicopter at the Castle upon your arrival to Pyrettania International Airport, and look forward to both your acceptance and arrival.

Respectfully yours;

Empress of Rokkenjima
Princess of Arovium

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Viljandi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Viljandi
Re: An Invitation To Kodumaa
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 10:17:25 AM »

High Office of the Celestial Crown

It is with great honour that I accept this invitation. For years Kodumaa has practice a relative passive and quasi-isolationist foreign policy, that is making friends mostly with our immediate neighbours on an economic level, and while that has worked in bringing about Kodumaa’s economic reform and development in terms of stimulating demand for Kodumaan exports, it’s time Kodumaa branched out and assert itself more within the international stage. What better opportunity than extablishing relations with the First Empire of Rokkenjima which as you know is the second largest economy in the world.

I Empress Myna Anastasia Sygvaldi II will be accompanied by my daughter, Crown Princess Yasna Frederica Sygvaldi the heir to the Celestial Throne. Like you I think my daughter also has to learn by following the example of her elders as she will lead Kodumaa into the next generation towards future development and reform. We will make our way to Pyrena Castle in earnest. I look forward to our meeting.

Respectfully Yours

Myna Anastasia Sygvaldi II

Celestial Empress of the Sun
Absolute Sovereign of the Imperium of Kodumaa.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 03:12:15 AM by Viljandi »

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2020, 06:33:50 AM »

With the communications having been made Evanthe was happy to see that the Kodumaan delegation was touching down without issue. Standing at her side at the helicopter pad of Pyrena was Adriana, ready and on hand to greet their guests. Following the reception they would head within the Castle to the Library, an unusual choice for such talks but an appropriate one for today as renovations rendered the Green Sitting Room inaccessible for the day. Following the disembarking from the helicopter Evanthe approached and, with the slightest of bows, smiled.

"Your Highnesses, welcome to Pyrena Castle; it's a pleasure to meet you upon your safe arrival. Myself and Crown Princess Adriana have looked forward to your arrival. Please, do join us inside as the winds are quite a menace at times this time of the year," she continued, motioning for them to follow her inside the Castle. After traversing the hallways of Pyrena they arrived at the Library which, after their guests had taken a seat, the Empress and Crown Princess themselves sat.

"As this is our first meeting it is traditional that I present you with this bottle of Pyrenan Mead," Evanthe said as she produced a bottle which contained the golden liquid. "However, I've added a touch from my time in Seaforth, utilizing maple from the hills around us. I've seen that the resulting mead from this recipe is the finest Pyrena has ever produced, adding notes which may be best described as hazelnut and, according to Mr. Stanley, almost of watermelon. I trust it shall be a fine drink to enjoy for any occasion."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Viljandi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2020, 09:45:44 AM »
Empress Myna bowed in the usual Rokkenjiman/Josain fashion with a light smile on her face. Her daughter was next to her dressed in business attire. The same as her mother both looking rather modern. The way she carried herself was rather casual and light hearted but strangely had the same regal air about her, almost similar to King Lapu of Quintella in a way. "Your Imperial Majesty, thank you for receiving us." She followed her counterpart down the halls of the Pyrena Castle Library.

They both took a seat, both of them facing both Empress Evanthe and Adriana. Empress Myna replied "The feeling is mutual your Highness's. My daughter and I were looking forward to coming here and talking to both of you. We have been wanting to speak to you for a long time. My daughter as well is keen to learn about her duties she will have to take on when I am no-longer here."

Both of them smiled Myna's daughter Yasna Frederica Sygvaldi presented both of them with a long rectangular black package. She looked at her mother who only nodded "Right. Well Your Highness's, this is a bottle of clear alcoholic liquid from the very northern mountains of Kodumaa. It's known as Aquavit, or as the Finnish people from the Rjokdovic Alps call it Akvaviitti which is translated as 'Water of Life'. It is a drink that is distilled with either potatoes or grain depending on which region and is mixed and fermented with cardamom, cumin, anise, fennel, carraway and dill and sometimes particularly around the end of year winter solstice you can find some mixed with concentrated caramel extract for a warm and sweet flavour. The colouring of this drink can usually vary from clear as mountain water to a more caramel brownish colour."

The Empress chuckled "Yes back in my undergraduate days as a temporary exchange student at Josai U I had this to celebrate at the end of semester examinations. This is a rather strong drink with the weakest being 180 proof so yes shot glasses.Thank you for the mead as well. I think from what I remember it is mostly honey based? Mixed with hops? I think. I hear Rokkenjiman Mead is legendary." She said with a smile.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 10:22:02 AM by Viljandi »

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2020, 06:09:33 AM »
"Produced only from the honey of bees raised here upon the Castle grounds," Evanthe replied with a smile. "Thank you for this gift in kind, while Adriana won't be able to partake for a few more years I shall look forward to sampling it. Its strength brings to mind a staple of a nation no longer with us which was famous for its vodka, although Rokkenjima has stockpiled a decent supply of it. I'll be certain to send you home with a bottle of it as well."

Setting the bottle down Evanthe continued, "To be honest I wished we could have spoken sooner, although matters with the Empress Emerita consumed great energy and time. Due to reasons of health she was forced to abdicate, so it's fallen to me to guide Rokkenjima through these times and prepare the Crown Princess for her ascension to Chrysanthemum Throne. Most recently she led an effort to mobilize the Rokkenjiman people to the aid of our Tytorian allies, encouraging them to donate blood in the wake of the terrorist attack which claimed so many lives there. Introducing her to those she shall one day work with is an important step in ensuring she is properly prepared, as is seeing that she may gain an understanding of diplomacy."

"Now then, as is customary as our guests, I would like to hear what Kodumaa would expect in any relationship with the First Empire. What areas of common concern and cooperation would you see between us? While I have many thoughts on the matter I've found hearing the words of a new partner, as well as their views on the matter, are at times more important than any preconceived thoughts I've held going into initial talks."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Viljandi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2020, 11:43:34 PM »
Empress Myna Sygvaldi responded "Right, well your majesty I was hoping to initiate a few things. The first would be a free trade agreement, the other would be visa free or ease of access program for Kodumaan expatriates or foreign nationals and the same for Rokkenjiman citizens coming to Kodumaa. I am hoping to foster a productive relationship between both nations. As you may or may be aware by now Kodumaa is looking to become a member of the South Ardian New Electorate better known as SANE. We are aware that Rokkenjima and SANE has had some tensions in the past, at least under your predecessor. It is with the hope of my nation becoming a member that members of my government as well as myself can reign in the more...I guess you can say more hawkish elements of SANE in order to foster cohesian and relative peace on this continent. So that is also an intention that I wish to make you aware of."

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2020, 06:13:08 AM »
"These are all measures which I believe would be appropriate at this time, and I do appreciate the intent of Kodumaa to provide some mechanism of stability within SANE. I don't share the views of my predecessor on SANE, although I do recognize the reasons why my predecessor took the actions she did. This is why we've been working to see the establishment of lines of communication and joint projects between the First Empire and SANE to build a foundation of trust and friendship between our nations. A friendship between Rokkenjima and Kodumaa would likewise be beneficial to those aims."

"Rokkenjima has always aimed to hold cordial and warm relations with fellow Ardian nations," Evanthe continued. "Expanding trade opportunities across Southern Ardia, as well as forging a path away from unnecessary conflict and chaos towards one of cooperation and understanding is a crucial aim of the First Empire. Exploring areas in which our nations may mutually cooperate and hold mutual concerns in would be another place we may explore to figure out an appropriate starting place for our mutual diplomacy."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Viljandi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2020, 10:16:31 AM »
Empress Sygvaldi replied "Yes we can both agree that trade is good for all parties. I mean I'm even in the process of having the Imperium apply to thre CSU. So Your majesty I  take it that you have something specific in mind for Rokkenjiman and Kodumaan relations? Or is this more of a dipping our toes in the water type scenario?" She asked politely

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2020, 05:20:39 AM »
"A bridge, between Rokkenjima and the south, one which unlocks the economic potential of our region to the benefit of all our Peoples. The SANE nations are far too mistrusting but, Kodumaa, presenting a model which they may emulate, great things may come from that and should Kodumaa guide them to a logical path, all of our nations would justly prosper. Our working together has great potential not just for our two nations, but the region as a whole."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Viljandi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2020, 03:51:53 AM »
Empress Sygvaldi smiled "You flatter me Empress, but we are not here about SANE, we are here for Rokkenjima and Kodumaa. So your majesty lets see what we can do here. So I take it some form of FTA will be in order, followed by maybe some visa ease of access program for expatriates and foreign nationals of both of our nations. Just as a start? I was advised by our foreign affairs minister that kind of treaty is usually customary as a start of deepening bi-lateral relations."

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2020, 03:39:28 AM »
"I believe we may explore the easing of visa requirements to begin with, while also being mindful of students who may wish to study in our respective nations. As you are aware the First Empire is a member of the Cross-Straits Union, thus trade talks should perhaps be undertaken with the Union in mind. I believe that, through education, our youth may develop a deeper understanding of our Peoples and cultures, which is one stone in the foundation of long-lasting cordial relations."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Viljandi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2020, 07:47:30 AM »
The Empress replied "Hmm, alright so ease of visa access for both nations peoples. So would that be just on studying visas? Or would that extend to work visas as well. Perhaps an extension on renewal periods for both of our peoples? We don't need to fix something solid right here and now, but we could perhaps come to some direction.My government is in the middle of negotiating and awaiting admission into the CSU as well. So Your Majesty, where do we go from here?" Empress Myna asked.

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2020, 06:46:37 AM »
"Education and work visas," Evanthe replied, "with due consideration for renewal periods being included. I also believe that, given the aspirations of Kodumaa to join the Cross-Straits Union we should also see to it that we exchange embassies, establish a mechanism for the exchange of intelligence that may hamper the interests of our respective states, including their economies. As a CSU aspirant our relations are most likely to be cordial regardless, however, I feel much can be accomplished between us through a Treaty of Friendship and Cooperation beyond the confines of the Cross-Straits System."

Beatrice Anselmo