Author Topic: Rishiri Looks To Fleur  (Read 1820 times)

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Rishiri Looks To Fleur
« on: August 27, 2020, 03:45:07 AM »

An Invitation To Fleur

To my esteemed counterpart,

As I am certain you have noticed the Rishiri Imperial Overseas Dependency has enacted a series of revisions to the Rishiri Government. Abolishing the role of a Governor appointed by the Empress of Rokkenjima, my Administration has seen that the chief representative of the RIOS is decided by the Rishiri People, an important first step in our young democratic movement. I am honoured that the People of Rishiri have empowered my Party, allowing me the opportunity to serve as their inaugural First Minister while guiding Rishiri into this new era. While RIOS remains a possession of the First Empire, we have long held the right to engage in foreign affairs independent of Chrysanthemum Throne. A crucial piece of my agenda is establishing ties with republics across Mundus, those states who may best assist the Rishiri People in their chosen path as a democratic society.

Establishing such ties will allow Rishiri to maintain its right to self-determination, now and long into the future. While at present Rishiri is content in its present relationship with the First Empire I cannot predict that it always shall, nor can I ensure that the People of Rishiri hold onto their rights a century from now. I feel that a Rishiri which stands with an association of republics, which are vastly outnumbered by more autocratic forms of government throughout Mundus, has a much greater chance at maintaining within her hands the keys which shall control her destiny. As perhaps the most outspoken proponent of democratic values and the freedoms of peoples, I approach you first in this quest.

It would please me to meet with a delegation from Fleur at Urakawa Port, so that you may see the society we are building. I truly hope that our people, those of Fluer and Rishiri, shall become sisters in democracy. With your guidance and support, the nascent democracy of Rishiri can grow and, perhaps, stand for many generations to come.

Yours;

Lucretia Marino
First Minister
Rishiri Imperial Overseas Dependency

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis