Author Topic: Private Communiqué to the Empress  (Read 1930 times)

Offline Baal

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Baal System
Private Communiqué to the Empress
« on: September 08, 2020, 11:35:25 PM »

To-Her Majesty Empress Evanthe of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

With Josai's population expanding and becoming more dynamic and diverse the population can within the next 20 be expected to expand beyond our city state current capacity to accommodate them. The Republic of Josai in its current form is already the most densely populated country in Mundus,and the Department of Housing and Urban Development tells me that we can only build so many high rises. To that end I ask of Your Majesty to allow us some form to expand further into Rokkenjima, unoccupied land of course, whether it be more kilometers into more unoccupied areas of the mainland or some overseas or island territory either way the Republic is willing to negotiate whatever terms will be favourable for both parties involved in this transaction. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours Sincerely

Seiko Kumoya

President of the Republic of Josai 
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 08:56:20 AM by Baal »

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Re: Private Communiqué to the Empress
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 07:46:09 AM »

President Seiko,

Thank you for contacting me regarding the present concerns facing the Republic of Josai. When the Republic established its independence from the Federal Republic our world was vastly different, as were the expectations the Republic could hold in its relationship with the Rokkenjiman nation. Today, thankfully, the world has changed for the better and the First Empire has endeavoured to ensure that Rokkenjima will always respect the unique and complex relationship, and the responsibilities that relationship entails, between our states.

As you are aware lands upon Hoshiko Island were being prepared to be utilized by the Heyran Republic. This deal included the construction of tunnels between the Island and Azukishima Isle (both road and rail) while also seeing a new international airport to be constructed on Azukishima Isle within driving distance of the tunnel. With the collapse of that deal between the First Empire and the Heyran Republic the lands upon Hoshiko which would have been transferred to the Republic will be remaining within the hands of the Anselmo Family. There remains, however, the tract of land upon Hoshiko Island which I feel may be utilized to address the concerns expressed by the Republic of Josai.

While this venture will require us to meet, alongside my Vicegerent, I feel we may work something out which not only benefits the Republic, but builds further constructive links between Rokkenjima and Josai. Naturally, one area which we would be incapable of compromising upon would be the stationing of foreign military forces or vessels as is the understanding which presently exists. Having foreign forces so close to the heart of the First Empire would be unacceptable, however, as the Republic is viewed as family to the Rokkenjiman People and Nation, their position is unique in this matter being considered. The Republic, however, should realize that Hoshiko Island is also home to Rokkenjima's main naval base as well as the CSTO's Joint Military Facility Hoshiko (JMFH); our forces would naturally minimize impacts upon the Republic, however, operations will continue as usual with these respective forces.

Secondly, we will have to approach the matter of the exclusive economic zone, as the waters between Azukishima Isle and Hoshiko Island have been utilized by Rokkenjiman fishers for generations. It is for these reasons that we would have some areas of discussion over matters pertaining to EEZ matters between Azukishima Isle and Hoshiko Island. This is a matter which I will be raising with the Vicegerent prior to our meeting to prepare and present a plan which may be implemented should we proceed with this arrangement.

I look forward to welcoming you to Pyrena Castle for discussions on this matter, as well as to working out an arrangement between the First Empire and the Republic.

Respectfully yours;

Empress of Rokkenjima
Princess of Arovium

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Baal

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Baal System
Re: Private Communiqué to the Empress
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2020, 11:32:15 PM »
It was 10:30am and President Seiko's cars pulled up at the back garden entrance of Pyrena Castle. Her office phoned ahead and informed the Empress's office to tell her about the time and where she will be entering. President Seiko Kumoya was always a rather low key person and didn't need a full royal procession. She and 10 other secret service guards who travel with her everywhere got out of their vehicles to greet the Empress.