Author Topic: A Palace of Music  (Read 16221 times)

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
Re: A Palace of Music
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2022, 07:39:57 PM »
Moving In

It had been about a week since Val had been offered the job at the Marble Palace, she'd spent most of it on tenterhooks waiting to know if her background check had cleared, well in truth it had been more a question of when would it clear? As expected Jenny had been a little off put about Val moving out but she soon understood why, even if it had meant Val swearing her to secrecy, and now here Val was her bags packed and loaded into her car, her bike mounted to the rack on the back of the vehicle driving the little electric hatchback through Valtheim to the Marble Palace, stopping at the gate she went through the protocols and followed the directions parking up in what was regarded as the staff car park. Following that she unloaded her things, not being entirely sure what to do with them she started piling them up in the Palace's entrance hall, it was a fairly sizable amount of stuff, then Peter arrived "Ms Kirby?" the Emperor
"Yes?" Val asked from behind a rather substantive pile of shoe boxes before going bright red with embarrassment when she caught sight of who it was "Your Majesty I'm sorry... I erm..."
"It's fine." Peter said "Would you like the guided tour?"
"Thanks." Val said

"First rule around here is quite simple." Peter said as he showed Val around the first few areas on the ground floor "Everyone who lives under this roof is family as far as I'm concerned so we operate on a first name basis, when we've got Government Ministers, ambassadors and guests they'll be some formality but for the most part there are no titles you're Val, I'm Peter and so on." he opened a door "This is my personal favorite room the library."
"Wow." Val said "Quite the collection."
"Serenity collects cars I collect books." Peter said "There's a ledger over there where you can log books out."
"I may just take advantage of that." Val said
"The Palace is a home there's very little office space." Peter said continuing the tour "As much as being in a Royal Family may be being in a family business this isn't an office space we don't work that way, most of my day to day meetings are in my study, if it's a nice day I may have them in the garden - if the Morelanders are coming then it's definitely outside because we'll be using the barbecue. If it's a crisis situation the meeting will be in the Round Table Room, I do need to point out that you do now have a security clearance."
"So I get to know stuff?" Val asked
"Yes." Peter said

A few moments later they were touring the upstairs the tour just about done "And this." Peter said opening a door "Is your room." he stood aside and let Val step inside, it was beyond anything Val was used to, a double bed, windows giving loads of light, a balcony, walk in wardrobe, en suite, wall length mirror to one side, desk, television and shelves.
"This is mine?" Val asked
"Sure is." Peter said "Astrid's room is next door, Lisa's opposite her, you've got Kitty that's Serenity's bodyguard across from you, and Serenity's room is at the end."
"Thank you." Val said
"Oh and if you want to use the ballroom for dance practice feel free to do so." Peter said "I'll let you settle in."

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2023, 04:54:43 PM »
The Smoking Gun

Life in the Marble Palace was currently anything but normal, with the Emperor in a coma it was down to Crown Princess Serenity to steer the ship, so far it hadn't been too much of a problem the various people in post knew their jobs and were very good at it. The most pressing issue remained Charles's web and unraveling it, finding Asuna and all manner of things related to that but the thing with life was that you had to expect the unexpected, Akasha's tweet had most certainly been ill judged but it had been handled and while the consequences had the potential to run for a while Serenity wasn't overly concerned after all she'd seen that movie a few times now. She was presently sat on the lounge sofa a copy of the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe in her hand - her daughter Lisa's class at school were reading it which meant so was Serenity for homework purposes. "Busy?" the voice of Kumiko Arkwright, the chief of staff, came from the doorway as she stepped into the room.
"Dinner at the Beavers." Serenity said "What's up?"
"You need to see this." Kumiko said handing Serenity a copy of the latest Heyran press release, Serenity read it and it was a good thing that she wasn't drinking anything at that moment because it would have likely been spat or snorted out.
"They released this?" Serenity asked "This isn't a mock up, they actually released this?" her eyes honing in on the third paragraph
"Yep." Kumiko said
"I should be grateful for the excuse." Serenity said shaking her head with disbelief "What are they thinking of?"
"I have no idea." Kumiko said "What do you want to do?"
"Given what they've just done." Serenity said "Have the research done, go through legal, and let's get this done."

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2023, 08:51:11 PM »
The Conversation

One of the most important things in democracies across Mundus was the ability of the various elements to check and balance the others. This was often seen in powers granted that hopefully would never need to be used a break glass in case of emergency type of thing. Crown Princess Serenity was just coming back into the Marble Palace, having been out watching her troubled football team Leith AFC lose yet another game this season on the plus side at least it had served as a decent opportunity to introduce Euphy to the sport, she was taking off her coat as Sakura poked her head out into the hall. "You need to be in here." Sakura said
"What is it?" Serenity
"Our little Constitutional clouds are threatening to turn into a storm." Sakura said
"Oh joy." Serenity said "I'll be right there." she hung up her coat and followed Sakura into the study where her stepmother Renee, head of government Consul Michael Williams, his deputy Vice Consul Rhian Kennedy, the Royal Physician Maddy Dale, the Attorney General Robert Westbrooke and Royal Counsel Carla Fenchurch "What's going on?" Serenity asked
"Senators are getting a lot of questions about your father from constituents, he's in a coma, he's not steering the ship, you are." Michael said "People want to know the royal family's intentions."
"What are you recommending?" Serenity said
"Making arrangements for your coronation as Empress." Michael said
"Your father's been in a coma nearly three months, there's no indication that he's coming out of it soon." Maddy said "Medical miracles do happen but the longer he's in it the bigger questions about his capability get."
"National interest is served by change." Rhian said
"You know what you're doing, you're ready for it." Sakura said "And Simon would tell you the same thing if he wasn't flying a Wyvern around the Tokara Islands."

"How does it happen?" Serenity asked after a few moments
"First the Senate votes on validity of the charge." Robert said "It's incapacity, it's obvious. Then it goes to the Noble Moot to determine, if they vote to impeach then your father is removed from the throne, that is the constitutional process under which we act."
"If things get that far it's then all the usual pomp and ceremony around the process." Carla said
"What do you think?" Serenity asked looking at Renee
"Your father could come out of it in six months or in six years." Renee said "You've always got my support and his whatever happens."
"All right." Serenity said "Do it."

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2023, 12:32:15 AM »
Changing the Colours

The somewhat weird thing about this whole process was the amount of symbolism, they weren't even into the coronation pomp and pageantry yet but it had already started the previous day had seen a pantheon of nobles flying into Valtheim, this was due in part to how members of the nobility had in recent years been used in ambassadorial roles abroad coupled with the rules that gave each member of the nobility a vote, so what could be likened to the prelude to a Papal Conclave had played out. Now though it was less about the preamble and more about the decision of the Noble Moot, in fact it was more about when the decision would come not what it would be - it was expected that the outcome would be the impeachment and subsequent removal of the Emperor. Kumiko Arkwright as Chief of Staff to the Royals, was the person expecting the call she was stood out in the courtyard area and she wasn't alone a section of the Royal Guard, the soldiers that stood guard over the royal residences, dressed in their blue and white dress uniforms, a significant change from their usual green jackets or dress whites, it was all down to the ceremonial duties list, certain events required certain uniforms. Commanding the Guard was the responsibility of Cianna Higgins, she was only a few weeks into the role and hadn't expected this to be her first duty. Kumiko's phone rang "Yes?" she asked as she answered it "Thank you." she looked at Cianna "Captain proceed."

Cianna nodded "Parade will form." she ordered, within seconds the section of the Guard was formed up in three columns, two of fifteen and a middle of five, the middle of  those five carried a box. "Draw swords." came the next order followed by the swift and careful drawing of blades "Shoulder arms." the back of the blades rested carefully against the soldiers shoulder "By the right" Cianna said "Forward march!" the Guard marched from the courtyard, out of the main gate and down the path, Cianna marching alongside, their destination was what was affectionately called 'the Lighthouse' but was officially speaking the Djana Azurewind Monument, a half size stone lighthouse though more a beacon with two figures around it, one male one female, engaged in a sword duel, the depicted man was Caleb Elsif, the depicted woman was Djana Azurewind, the first and for a few more days at least only Empress of Achkaerin, Djana's free hand held a flag pole from which the national flag flew. The whole thing stood on quite a sizable roundabout, it was quite the tourist attraction and somewhere the Royal Guard added to with a posting. The march time was about five minutes, on arrival , the Guard came to a halt and turned to face the monument, Cianna's eyes took in the scene, the roads had naturally been temporarily closed because of this but the pavement was lined with people.

"Exchange the Colour." Cianna ordered, the members of the Guard stationed at the monument proceeded to lower the flag, which was met with a sword salute from the rest of the Guard, then the flag was folded and placed into a box, now the middle rank of five Guardsmen marched out and swapped that box for theirs before returning to their position, now the Guards raised the flag of Rosemoor before Cianna ordered the return march back to the Palace.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2023, 05:20:09 PM »
The Oath Breaking

As Head of the Royal Household Kurt Ayanami didn't have many defined roles outside of the day to day running of the Palace, but today was the most solemn duty that he would ever undertake. It was called the Oath Breaking, in simple terms one part of a the Emperor's or Empress's coronation was the ceremonial affirmation of the various constituent realms of the Empire to the new Monarch's rule it wasn't surprising it was simply a nod to a tradition of the Noble Moot from centuries earlier but it was where the nobles for those realms presented the new Monarch with the swords of mark, each Monarch had their own set, and while replica's were kept for display in the Royal Museum, the originals were destroyed alongside the crown and signet ring and it was this act of destruction that was called the Oath Breaking. The Ceremony took place in the Royal Families private temple on the grounds of the Marble Palace, the reason for this was the presence of a furnace on an underground level. Kurt dressed in all his ceremonial finery, a spatha style blade at his side, led the parade of several members of the Household staff down the aisle to the front of the temple, each carrying one of the items to be destroyed. Once at the front the parade formed into a horseshoe, Kurt in turn took each of the swords from the person carrying it and laid them on the platform that was essentially the lift down to the furnace, then he did the same with the signet ring before taking the crown and placing it on top of everything else. Taking a deep breath Kurt drew his own sword and banged the pommel of it on the platform that was the signal for it to be lowered down. Putting his sword away Kurt waited a few moments before leading the procession back out of the temple.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2023, 10:43:05 PM »
A Whole New Level

Whirlwind... that was the word to describe the days since the coronation, briefings, meetings, decisions needing to be made. All the seemingly innocuous things that made the Marble Palace tick were now things that were being dealt with. For Serenity it had been a busy time, mainly signing off on the legislative backlog including agreements with Mktvartvelo, the latest bloc of GETA, various other laws and then there were the preparations for the Covenant Address and all of this was in amongst the various other things that were going on. Presently Serenity was sat on the sofa in the Palace's study, her daughter Astrid asleep next to her, head on Serenity's lap. Then the group of family and advisors that were generally involved in advising her descended for the daily run through of things that needed attention. "Ok what have we got Kumiko?" Serenity asked looking at the Royal Family Chief of Staff Kumiko Arkwright
"A few things." Kumiko said "Housekeeping first, appointments."
"Specifically?" Serenity asked
"Royal Liaison Officer and there's an ambassadorial thing." Kumiko said
"Ok RLO what are you thinking?" Serenity said
"Here." Nettie Taylor said handing Serenity a sheet of paper "That's a short list of candidates."
"Got a preference?" Serenity asked looking at the list "This is good selection of names."
"We think Phoebe Fleming." Kumiko said "Ambassador background, knows the Senate, knows the procedure. Easy confirmation in the Senate."
"Vet her. If she clears we nominate." Serenity said "Ambassadorial thing?"
"Charterlands." Nettie said "Given the unique nature of the country we'd like to suggest an envoy rather than a conventional ambassador."
"So similar to what we've done before." Serenity said "Ok get me a short list and we'll go from there. Next?"
"Abertone situation." Nettie said "The Republican Front claimed responsibility for a series of coordinated car bombs across the city of Lafiagi. One hundred and three dead, ninety two injured likely those numbers will shift."
"Celine?" Serenity asked
"It's the latest flash point in the situation, it could get worse, it probably will get worse." Celine Tyler the defence advisor said
"It's terrorism, I don't doubt that some take issue with how those in power do things but the minute you start this you lose any argument you ever had and it's why terrorism has a total failure rate." Serenity said "And why it always will. Recommendations?"
"Travel advisory to the eastern half of Abertone." Nettie said "Monitor the situation and if it goes to hell in a handcart."
"We've got the ability to do something." Simon said
"Travel advisory goes public." Serenity said "Keep contingencies in the back pocket."

"Moving on." Kumiko said "Slavery."
"Tell me about Attica." Serenity said
"Going by what Scotia is telling us." Sakura, Serenity's cousin, said "Slavery is legal in Attica by virtue of Imperial Law, if it was up to Arpine Saroyen it wouldn't exist but she's on a sticky wicket. Declining number of Catholics, brain drain and no heir. Abbas gave her power in 2016 he can take it away if he's ever so inclined but he needs her at least for now."
"Why?" Simon asked
"Because continuity, Abbas had her family arrested, charged, tried, convicted and executed for treason." Nettie said "Arpine holds power because if she doesn't the odds are that the perception of Attica changes, the population still has elements that remember the annexation and there's the diaspora abroad as well."
"Window of memory closes and the Saroyen's are expendable." Simon said nodding "I see."
"Where are we on her?" Serenity asked
"Figuring out an opportunity to make appropriate contact." Mark Sharpe, the national security advisor said
"And the smoking gun?" Serenity asked
"We're looking into 1958 and 2016." Mark said "If we can find something that suggests the annexation isn't what Tamora claimed it to be or if we find something awry in 2016 then we've got something she can shout about and something that maybe can get her support."
"Ok let's assume we get that." Simon said "What happens next?"
"In all likelihood Tamora declares it a rebellion and cracks down on it." Mark said "Arpine most certainly replaced, she's likely killed along with anyone involved."
"Which is why we get our ducks in a row first." Serenity said "We all know that Abbas's reaction will be that, so if we were to get to the point of Attica declaring independence it would need to be able to hold Tamora's military off at least short term until help gets there." she paused "Regime change isn't going to happen successfully, but gaining a foothold isn't impossible. But none of this happens without Arpine."
"Think we'll get her onboard?" Sakura asked
"I'm confident." Serenity said "We can help her get what she wants and in so doing we get significantly closer to what we want, we need a meeting of some sort, find an excuse. Lining it all up means we need a way to be ready without anyone we don't want knowing knowing that something's up. Find it. Next?"
"What Asuna asked for." Nettie said
"We're going for it as you and Euphy spending some time at Commonwealth House with the girls, we'll find a way to get Asuna and Eijiro there without drawing attention." Kumiko said "You'll need to lay down the law a bit though."
"I know." Serenity said "No changes to the position."
"And when that's handled we need to get back to looking closer to home." Sakura said "There's a few more nations we should be talking to."
"And we will." Serenity said "Ok dismissed."

As the meeting broke up Nettie stayed behind a moment "This is a little awkward..." Nettie said
"What is it?" Serenity asked
"My daughter's finished her boarding school stint" Nettie said "Eleven years old, I'd like to bring her up here."
"Of course." Serenity said "What's her name?"
"Telsia" Nettie said
"Well that's amusing." Serenity said "That means daughter of the sun in one of our more vague language dialects."
"Pick her up while we're down in Rokkenjima?" Nettie asked
"Fine by me." Serenity said
« Last Edit: September 13, 2023, 07:12:25 PM by Achkaerin »

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2023, 10:31:54 PM »
The Next Generation?

There was something of an unusual calm around the Marble Palace, that didn't mean that the regular briefings, meetings and so on weren't still happening after all this was still a cog in the machinery of state, but the personal time was being occupied with a lot of reading and decision making because the family had decided to bring back their family game night, so preparation for that was well underway. Serenity was sat on the sofa in the lounge area tablet propped up on the arm of the seat and writing on a piece of paper as she occasionally glanced at the screen to make sure what she was writing was accurate. "Busy?" it was Nettie Taylor, leaning against the door frame
"Reminding myself how to read these maps is so much fun" Serenity said looking up with a slight smile "What can I do for you?"
"Well Telsia just got here and I thought you might meet her?" Nettie said
"Of course." Serenity said
"Tels." Nettie said coaxing an eleven year old blonde haired girl into the room, this was her daughter Telsia, she practically clung to her mother "Telsia this is Serenity. Serenity this is Telsia."
"Hi." Telsia said very shyly
"Hi." Serenity said getting up and walking over to look at Telsia "Settling in ok?", Telsia nodded
"Stuff's in her room ready to unpack." Nettie said
"What were you doing?" Telsia asked
"Oh..." Serenity said "We're resuming family game night and someone had the bright idea to play something a little different."
"Blame Simon is it?" Nettie said
"Absolutely." Serenity grinned before looking back at Telsia "Want to join in? It's not difficult."
"Ok." Telsia said, she went and sat with Serenity who set about explaining things while Nettie just watched and smiled, well that was one hurdle navigated at least and more besides. She'd had a more distant relationship with Telsia over the years mainly because of her political career but now she could try and get that back. Smiling she headed upstairs to start to unpack her daughters things.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2023, 06:46:13 PM »
Songs of the Night

The Edelweiss Festival had undergone a great many changes in the program in recent years, most notably in the realms of Royal Family involvement from merely ceremonial functions the family had now got to the point where they were highly active participants they did three musicals per festival, a few special nights each year and of course this one, the big one, the penultimate night where one of their number did a concert, this had been something that the former Emperor had greatly enjoyed doing and it was a night that meant a lot to the family for a few reasons, it had been here on this night years earlier that Peter had proposed to Renee. Tonight the performance was Serenity's job, and she'd planned on a show very much her own style. She was wearing her black jeans with a red t-shirt and her leather jacket as she waited in the wings, she could hear the atmosphere of the packed house as they settled in ready for the show. Then the music (Small World) started and Serenity headed out onto the stage.

"I'm standing in the field, my feet lift off the ground, no one here will see me, no one will hurt me now" Serenity sang "I'm brushing off the rain, while climbing through the clouds nobody can see me no one can hurt me now." she took a breath "Goodbye, gravity" the words punctuated the silence "Goodbye, enemies I'm going up to a place where the world is small, where I can fly above it all if I don't make it, sing my song from here I'm weightless no stars are famous and the world is small... and the world is small"  Taking a breath Serenity smiled "Still rising towards the dark" she continued "Don't care what's down below, 'cause no one can see me and no one has to know." taking another breath before "The atmosphere is lonely, and beautiful I don't miss a thing I used to know...I used to know." Serenity took another breath before "Goodbye, gravity, goodbye, enemies I'm going up to a place where the world is small... where I can fly above it all if I don't make it, sing my song from here I'm weightless no stars are famous and the world is small...I feel so tall" as the music mellowed a little Serenity glanced towards the Royal Box where her family were sat a smile on her face "If there's nothing to break my fall it's okay, I've seen it all and maybe I was always small but I could fly before I crawled. If I don't make it, sing my song, from here I'm weightless no stars are famous, and the world is small...and the world is small" she smiled as the song finished followed swiftly by the cheer of the audience.

"All right all right." Serenity said "Good evening Valtheim... you all having a good time?" she paused for a moment "It's a good night for a little bit of music even though it's just the warm up for all the pomp and pageantry of the last night tomorrow. So next up... well it's something special to me On My Own" anyone who knew Serenity wasn't going to be that surprised to hear the introduction to On My Own from Les Miserables start.

"And now I'm all along again, nowhere to turn, no one to go to. Without a home, without a friend without a face to say hello to
and now the night is here, now I can make believe he's here." Serenity sang "Sometimes I walk alone at night when everybody else is sleeping I think of him and then I'm happy with the company I'm keeping, the city goes to bed and I can live inside my head." she took a deep breath as a familiar feeling ran through her body, there was more than one reason this song was special to her "On my own, pretending he's beside me all alone I walk with him 'til morning. Without him I feel his arms around me and when I lose my way I close my eyes, and he has found me" Serenity had a smile on her face as her mind as it had done before conjured up her deceased husband Isaac for her to see standing in the aisle "In the rain the pavement shines like silver, all the lights are misty in the river, in the darkness the trees are full of starlight and all I see is him and me forever and forever." she took another breath and then upped the power of her voice  "And I know it's only in my mind, that I'm talking to myself and not to him, and although I know that he is blind still I say, there's a way for us." Serenity half smiled as she took another breath "I love him, but when the night is over, he is gone
the river's just a river, without him, the world around me changes, the trees are bare and everywhere the streets are full of strangers. I love him, but every day I'm learning all my life, I've only been pretending. Without me his world will go on turning, a world that's full of happiness that I have never known." Serenity smiled again "I love him, I love him, I love him, but only on my own."

Serenity took a swig from her water bottle as the audience clapped, she was enjoying herself she always did when she did one of these. "I'm not in the habit of doing dedications but tonight I'm making a few exceptions to that rule." she half giggled "So this one's for my daughters" she glanced behind her at the orchestra and gave the nod and they started to play the next piece, Serenity glanced up at where her girls - Astrid and Lisa were watching and smiled

"Your little hands wrapped around my finger and it's so quiet in the world tonight. Your little eyelids flutter cause you're dreaming, so I tuck you in, turn on your favorite night light." Serenity sang softly looking around the audience as she did so "To you everything's funny, you've got nothing to regret, I'd give all I have honey if you could stay like that." she smiled "Oh darling, don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up, just stay this little. Oh darling, don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up, it could stay this simple. I won't let nobody hurt you, won't let no one break your heart, and no one will desert you. Just try to never grow up," she swayed a little as the music continued  "You're in the car on the way to the movies, and you're mortified your mom is dropping you off. At fourteen there is just so much you can't do and you can't wait to move out someday and call your own shots. But don't make her drop you off around the block, remember that she's getting older too." she almost laughed as she went into the next line because she could remember actually doing it "Don't lose the way that you dance around in your pj's getting ready for school. Oh darling, don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up, just stay this little. Oh darling don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up, it could stay this simple. And no one's ever burned you, nothing's ever left you scarred and even though you want to, just try to never grow up." Serenity raised her eyes looking directly at her girls now "Take pictures in your mind of your childhood room... Memorize what it sounded like, when your dad gets home" she let the line hang for a moment before continuing "Remember the footsteps, remember the words said and all of your little sister's favorite songs...I just realized everything I have is one day gonna be gone" she grinned "Oh darling, don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up, just stay this little. Oh darling, don't you ever grow up don't you ever grow up, it could stay this simple. I won't let nobody hurt you, won't let no one break your heart, and no one will desert you just try to never grow up, don't you ever grow up...don't you ever grow up."

As the audience applauded Serenity blew her daughters a kiss which was reciprocated, taking a breath and another few gulps of water the Empress took a moment to think, she was about halfway through her set list for the evening, which meant here came the real fun from her point of view "So I want to say this is a little known fact, but I'm told it's done the social media rounds, I have been known to do a little singing down at a science fiction themed club it's a bit of fun to mix in original songs on that theme with song parodies and have a good time. So here we go..." with a signal the next piece started and there were a few raised eyebrows and puzzled looks because it wasn't a recognised tune but it was easy going enough. Serenity was not hiding the giggly grin as she glanced up at where Euphy was sat as if to say don't look so shocked

"Don't tell me the rules;" Serenity sang  "Bowties are cool and I know it's my turn to die, now is the time for the clock to chime, and everything will be alright. A different face, a different voice, but even if I had the choice I'd make it gladly, so my dear, don't shed a tear, because you know I'll still be here." Serenity actually giggled as Euphy got there, yep this was a Doctor Who song, fortunately she stopped just in time to continue "Clara, I know this was not the way that you'd envisioned spending Christmas Day, please look into my eyes, I apologise for everything I've done, and that I'll keep on doing, until this endless battle's won." she took a breath before the chorus kicked in again "Don't tell me the rules; bowties are cool and I know it's my turn to die, now is the time for the clock to chime, and everything will be alright. a different face, a different voice, but even if I had the choice I'd make it gladly, so my dear, don't shed a tear, because you know I'll still be here." another breath and then "Obviously this hadn't been my plan, but here on Trenzelore I'll make a stand, there's no need to pretend, everything has an end, and this looks to be mine, so I will sit here waiting, slowly running out of time... Don't tell me the rules; bowties are cool and I know it's my turn to die, now is the time for the clock to chime, and everything will be alright. A different face, a different voice, but even if I had the choice I'd make it gladly, so my dear, don't shed a tear, because you know I'll still be here."

Now came a little instrumental as Serenity swayed a little, getting her breath back for the high notes to come and she was still smiling "It's time to break the science,
it's time to break the law," Serenity sang "Because now this rebel Time Lord is rebelling once more, from an old man in a tower saving Christmas, fixing toys, to a new-found youthful power, love from Gallifrey, boys!" She took a quick breath grinning widely "The clock's struck twelve so watch yourselves, you want me to die, but if you want my life, come and get it! come and get it but don't tell me the rules!... Don't tell me the rules; bowties are cool and I know it's my turn to die, now is the time for the clock to chime, and everything will be alright. A different face, a different voice, but even if I had the choice I'd make it gladly, so my dear, don't shed a tear, because you know I'll still be here."

Serenity took another drink from her water bottle, it wasn't like there had ever been a remote chance of her getting through this whole thing without delving into the science fiction stuff at some point smiling she looked around she was almost there two songs left to go taking a moment to stretch she looked up "If you liked that then you'll like this one." she said "A number of things." the music started up again.

“Long ago the clock struck one,” Serenity sang, “He stole his box and he started to run, from what? Where to? But no one knows wherever, whenever he goes. A little boy ran to the edge of the sky, adventure on his mind, and the stars in his eyes to everyone he met he smiled and said, ah, the universe is full of a number of things I’m sure we should all be as happy as kings.” she paused before continuing “Tick tock goes the clock.” that was the bridging line of the song “Long ago the clock struck nine,” Serenity continued, the spotlight now on her “Marking the last of the Lords over Time, lonely – or angry – but no one knows wherever, whenever he goes.” she held the note a little before. “A soldier man ran to the end of the sky, escape on his mind, with such heartsick old eyes, to everyone he met he sighed and said, ah, the universe is full of a number of things, why can’t we all be as happy as kings?” she paused again “Tick tock goes the clock.” she looked up at the Royal Box, she hadn't said it, but this was for the man lying in a hospital, this one was for her dad “Long ago the clock struck thirteen for the old man so tired after all that he’d seen, Doctor — well, who? — but no one knows wherever, whenever he goes.” she took a breath “The lonely god sits at the end of the sky, fate on his mind and whole worlds in his eyes, too many friends I have left behind, I am sure I have said too many goodbyes…” there were a few smaller spot lights that started to circle around where Serenity was standing “But a new voice breaks out from the edge of the sky” Serenity sang, her hands spreading wide “as the clock strikes again, anew, redefined, and the traveller now to herself gently chides,” she smiled “Ah, the universe is full of a number of things, time marches on and we run like thieves, stealing what happiness we can find, making memories for when we do say goodbye.” one final pause “The universe is full of a number of things, and no one need be as lonely as they think.”

As the crowd cheered that one Serenity held up her hand showing just her index finger indicating there was just one number left "You're all going to think you know it..." she teased "Do sing along when you've picked it up." she giggled as the very familiar introductory notes played to the final number of the night played, it was telling just off of Serenity's grin that something was up this wasn't going to be what was expected "The starship flies over Earth tonight, full of new technology." Serenity sang "There's talk of assimilation by a different kind of Queen, and now I'm here on board and we've been occupied, they adapt too fast staying's suicide."  she took a quick breath "But there's a chance, the crew agrees fix the timeline help him hit warp speed, the answer's clear, we have to go, but you say "No."" Serenity was grinning as she held up her hand as if to say wait for it "Make it so," yep this was a Star Trek parody of the Disney song "Make it so, say the words that you're famous for. Make it so, make it so you're not here to start a war, I don't care if your crew obeys... we both know you're wrong... and I will stand up to you any day." the amount of giggling, laughter and general enjoyment was telling as Serenity waited for the note and then "It's funny you're resistant when you claim you're logical... well Jean-Luc you could have fooled me I'm not seeing that at all. No one knows them as well as you, I don't know what they put you through, you say it's for humanity... I disagree." she danced back a little bit "Make it so, make it so say the words lose the Enterprise, make it so, make it so there's no place for compromise. It's your command it's the only way or the Borg rage on."

Serenity was really enjoying herself now taking another breath she giggled again "I saw your face when you shot on the holodeck." she sang "I did not mean to interrupt you on your little quest, just one thing comes to mind I understand at last... they hurt you once, Ahab you're going to hurt them back!" she hit the first of the high notes "Make it so, make it so realise your revenge is wrong, make it so, make it so or the world you know is gone. It's your command, but now you say "the line must be drawn"" she held the final high note and had her hand up again saying wait for it "You'll just get another ship anyway."