Author Topic: Coronation Chat #1 - Rokkenjima  (Read 1572 times)

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
Coronation Chat #1 - Rokkenjima
« on: May 02, 2023, 04:59:37 PM »
Post wedding, coronation or other event conversations were nothing new to Mundus, you could find diplomat inroads being made at all manner of things from rugby matches to  archaeological digs, most of the time such things were about the nations concerned but for the newly crowned Empress Serenity this meeting with the Rokkenjimans was of the more personal nature, even if it was arguably the trickiest on her list for the day. That being the case the venue of choice in the Marble Palace was the study, technically now Serenity's office so to speak but it would be some time before it felt like it. Serenity stepped into the study to find both Kyoko and Beatrice waiting for her, the latter still on her pass meaning she'd have to be back in Ivyfield in a few hours time but that was safely in hand. Perching herself on the oak desk Serenity looked at the two women.

"There are two things I need to say." Serenity said slowly "Both by implication to do with Charles but nothing troublesome. Firstly..." she paused as the door opened right on cue and Asuna stepped in "Don't believe everything you read in the news, we never said she was dead you assumed that, Charles assumed that and that's how it needed to be." Serenity paused again letting Asuna's presence sink in with Kyoko, after all Beatrice already knew, "Secondly there's this." she handed both Beatrice and Kyoko a bundle of paper each "Those are medical records relating to both your births signed by the Royal Physician of the time, they include IVF information which means your biological fathers name is in there and it's not Kichiro Anselmo." she waited as both Beatrice and Kyoko flicked through the papers "What you do with that I leave to you, as far as Asuna goes you know exactly what needs to happen there."

OOC - if anyone wants to have a little chat with Serenity do let me know and I'll get it sorted.

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Re: Coronation Chat #1 - Rokkenjima
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2023, 02:35:16 AM »
"You knew this whole time...." Kyōko would utter before Beatrice raised her finger to shush her. "Genuineness was mandated from the start, all the way from the top to the bottom. While I wish I could have said something to do so would have been to endanger everything, now is not the time to raise grudges but to embrace your niece," she continued, a few moments later Asuna finding herself in Kyōko's arms. "We can worry about the constitutional issues later, tonight is one of reunion, of family and," Beatrice paused as she looked to Serenity following a review of the papers, "I think you know that I have to see him. All this time we'd been there for each other, all the times he'd been there for me, do what you can so I can have some time with him?"

Kyōko sighed as Asuna took a seat beside her, "I'm so happy that you made it, I always had faith in you, but I was at the whim of the details available to me. While I am happy I must be practical; I'm sure all of us realize we are in a position where the entire security position of the First Empire is being reconfigured and I have been left to navigate the challenges presented by what is a most unpredictable neighbour. We see a military in which its supreme commander is not quite the supreme commander we expected; all it takes is for one trigger-happy general to scuttle the entire peace process and see us in a position where we must see that threat is eliminated. How can we thrust Asuna into such a position? It was Evanthe's job to ensure a seamless and easy transition for her reign, it was the whole reason she was Empress, and now that seamless and easy transition is not before us at present. The road ahead is...."

"The road ahead is what it must be," Asuna would reply, "and I won't be without proper guidance to navigate me through this period of our history. I will inherit my birthright, and the duties of the Vicegerency will be equally divided between yourself and McKenna and, if he is willing, Count Emerson in a transitional period. Our Constitution and traditions are clear upon what must be done, and whereas Charles sought to subvert the instruments and institutions of the Imperial Government to his whims, we shall restore proper order under my reign. Aunt Kyōko, you've stepped up in a situation thrust on you unexpectedly, I ask you to stand by my side now and let me live up to what is expected of me."

Kyōko sighed for a moment, "You'll make the announcement yourself," she said finally, "if anyone is to relay this to the Rokkenjiman People it should be their rightful Empress. I will never leave your side and I will never forsake the trust you've placed in me," she continued with a tight embrace. "Empress Serenity," Asuna said, "I'll require your assistance as well during this period, tensions remain between the First Empire and the Empire due to many conditions, tensions I do not wish to continue, and if there is anyone who can aid in the path back to peace and friendship between us, I can think of no one else better than you. Once I have ascended would you be willing to arrange a meeting between our Governments? The peace process before the Assembly is good and all, but it has been so impersonal that it is destined to fail one day, if not by the fault of Rokkenjiman rulers, than by the competitions and contests now unfortunately ingrained in our respective militaries. There will be those on both sides who will seek revenge and we must work to temper those enraged spirits before they unleash renewed conflict. The Emperor and I must speak."

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2023, 08:46:00 PM »
Serenity took a deep breath to figure out how she was going to navigate this now somewhat tricky circumstance, fortunately Beatrice did provide that means, there was a need to say some things to Asuna without the presence of the others which potentially became more necessary given what Asuna had just said. Serenity pressed the intercom on the desk "Kurt can you come in please?" she asked, there were a few seconds before the Head of the Royal Household Kurt Ayanami walked in "Kurt can you arrange transportation for Beatrice and Kyoko to go visit Dad please? And make sure that Beatrice is back at Ivyfield Priory before her pass expires at six tonight?"
"Of course." Kurt said "If Your Highness's would come with me." he guided both Beatrice and Kyoko from the room, they'd be on their way to the hospital to visit Peter.

Serenity turned her attention back to Asuna, sitting down next to technically her niece she sighed, "I'm not the type to mince my words you know that, I call it how I see it, the whole purpose of your stay in Achkaerin was to prepare you for a day in three years time, part of me regrets putting you in play now but the actions of your aunt and certain others forced my hand. Emerson's role has been two fold firstly to help Evanthe in building a foundation for you and secondly to prepare McKenna for the Viceregency, if you want him to stick around then it's obvious you need to talk to him about it, but remember he's been there every step of the way and he's got the knowledge and experience you don't have so he'll likely have some thoughts for you, I suggest you agree with him even if you don't like what he says because he'll have his reasons and they'll be sound. As far as your concerns over the peace process go I don't necessarily share them but maybe that's because I know Eijiro better than you do, but I also know that the potential failure is on your side of the equation the pot's already been needlessly stirred, but that doesn't mean it's doomed to failure as I'm sure Emerson will tell you. All of that said if you want to talk to Eijiro I'll see what I can do but if I can manage this be under no illusions it will be on my terms."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2023, 12:51:53 AM »
"Thank you," Beatrice said as she gave Serenity a hug. "Who would have thought after the long, twisty and often times rocky road we've traveled that we would arrive at this moment? You know better than some how I lamented the decimation of my family, the losses I dealt with during some of the most critical times in Rokkenjiman and perhaps global history weighing upon me, yet I find myself today not quite as alone as I thought. I know you'll have your hands full with many things, but I hope that you'll come to visit so we can catch up, reconnect and make up for so much lost time. At least, aside from the Dartfordians, I know she'll have someone looking out for her," she said looking to Asuna. "Thank you, sister, now I go to see my father."

For her part Kyōko was more reserved as she followed Beatrice, the events proving to be quite the whirlwind of developments for her. She gave a respective nod to Serenity as she joined Beatrice in departing. She was not trying to be disrespectful but, yet again, the entirety of her world was changing in a most unexpected manner of ways.

"We have to play the hand which we are dealt, despite the best of intentions or the best of planning, fate always has a way of intervening. Whether it is to our fortune or our detriment is irrelevant, it's how all the players handle things that makes the difference, right? I'll wish to speak with Count Emerson at his earliest convenience, him being there this entire time is a wealth of knowledge and experience I'll wish to count on as we transition from the brief Shizukesa Era. As for things with the Empire of Daito I'm being handed something that's been mangled from the start, but I have the advantage of not being a part of that situation to date. Please, do what you can to secure a meeting, I trust you to have everyone's interests front and centre, so I'll trust that you want to put these issues behind us as swiftly as I do. I know my aunt pushed an issue of financial compensation, my first act will be to see those conditions rescinded and sign the agreement as it stands. If you have any further advice I'd love to hear it."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2023, 06:56:12 PM »
"You want my advice, do what your predecessors didn't." Serenity said "Accept the reality of Rokkenjima's position in the world, it's been surpassed you don't have the treaty network that Achkaerin and East Moreland have, you don't have the defensive ties either and decisions taken have you well beyond the point of being able to trade on your past glories. Put every decision made by those predecessors aside and ask the tough questions, does the past help or hinder the future? If the answer be yes then surely it's time you changed things." she smiled "I'll also tell you this forgiveness is stronger than any weapon out there. You aren't your mother and you aren't your aunt it's not their Rokkenjima now it's yours. You don't have the experience yet but you'll get there." she paused taking out her phone and calling Emerson "Are you on the grounds?... ok see you in a couple of minutes." she smiled "Emerson's out in the gardens come on."

Serenity took Asuna out to the gardens of the Palace, which were in full bloom and presently hosting a casual game of football, Emerson was walking around the far side of the gardens when the pair caught up to him. "I'm not going to comment unless I see reason to." Serenity said "Though I may scream if Euphy scores a goal. Anyway the rightful Empress of Rokkenjima would like to talk."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2023, 06:51:45 PM »
"One must not allow the future to drown in the ashes of the past, it's a saying my mother has shared and I feel it still holds true to this day. There's much work to be done but I think the path ahead of us is better than the path behind us."

"Hello," she would say simply, "As you're aware we're marking a new era in Rokkenjima and while we've had a Vicegerent since the Anselmo Restoration I'm seeking to do things a little different. I don't have the age or experience, I have ideas and dreams I would like to see for the First Empire but it's a role I'm going to be growing into. I will be appointing Mr. McKenna as my Vicegerent in the coming days, Kyōko shall be appointed as Imperial Liaison for Domestic Affairs and, if you accept, I intend to appoint you Imperial Liaison. Basically, you'll be trading places with McKenna but at this point I need a set of eyes and ears which has been here throughout this entire affair, someone who can see the pitfalls and help me to evade them. Each of these posts see the three of you capable of speaking with force as if I say the words myself and, when the day comes, McKenna will assume the entire portfolio of duties. Is this something you would be comfortable with?"

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2023, 09:10:00 PM »
Emerson took his time thinking how to word what he was about to say, he could see Asuna's thinking but equally knew what the landscape and visual looked like. "When your mother brought me on as Viceregent it was out of what might be best described as her own paranoia, Charles's actions during the Andean Genocide reinforced the seeds that were already rooted in her mind, I was brought in to be the person she could trust because I was the outsider, when Evanthe took over the role changed because it was no longer an Empress but regent on the throne the job was very simple for me and her build a foundation from which you could rule as Empress." he chuckled a little "The irony of all ironies is that Charles's most recent machinations illustrate the great vulnerabilities that Rokkenjima has in this sense and Kyoko in her own inexperience and fury has caused more harm than good, Charles failed because he didn't know the secret of your mothers birth but had he known that we'd be staring into the abyss of a war right now. This may sound like I'm about to disagree with you and to some extent I am but not with your long term vision rather your method."

Emerson paused a moment putting a hand on Asuna's shoulder "You and Gregory share something in common you both lack the experience, this objectively puts you at the greatest disadvantage of any Empress of Rokkenjima, your mother had her upbringing and the lessons learned from the man who raised her, Evanthe was married to Joshua Rhodes and was Queen of Seaforth, Kyoko despite having no military command experience had a political background and an experienced viceregent to fall back on." he took a breath "I don't oppose Kyoko and McKenna having roles in the future that is as it must be but I do advise you to do this in a sensible and reasonable way rather than wholesale change overnight. When you announce McKenna will be your viceregent you set a date in the future when he will take that office and I swap, until that day comes I will serve as your viceregent just as I served your mother and your aunts, that gives you time to settle in as Empress, it gives McKenna time to do what he has not yet done which is observe what he will have to do and it also gives time for the foundation to be rebuilt and rebuilt stronger because now we know the weaknesses now we know what has to be changed. As far as Kyoko is concerned she needs to be kept away from the levers of power at least for the moment domestically she may be viewed with favor but abroad is a different matter, with you as Empress she is the Crown Princess of Rokkenjima, that comes with its own duties, let her hold that for now, let her be who she is without being a factor in decision making early on, don't let her simple presence compromise you especially this early on. If you're happy with that then I'll be on the plane with you to Pyrena and I'll get started rebuilding that foundation for you."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2023, 12:25:06 AM »
She nodded and, a moment later answered. "Make it so, number one. Shall we begin this by saying "engage"? I won't have my team without you, so your terms are accepted. Where shall this journey take us?"

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2023, 10:38:08 PM »
"Coming to the home of Star Trek and quoting Jean Luc Picard." Emerson said "Well at least you picked the right Captain. It starts with your voice, nothing can get off the ground until you speak, make your announcements, call the elections for the Diet and Premier and then when we have that newly elected body we start to build the new Rokkenjima that you want not what's come before and there will be battles along the way. But if I may make two more immediate points first drop any action against Centre Party, the evidence doesn't implicate members it implicates people outside the party aided and abetted we assume by Ofdensen's staff and you don't want those measures there running into an election. Secondly whatever ritual, ceremony or process that Gemma has to go through to be recognised as your 'protector' she really needs to go through and frankly she's earned it I think."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2023, 12:21:59 AM »
"The past is written, but the future is left for us to write. And we have powerful tools, openness, optimism, and the spirit of curiosity," the Empress would respond, continuing her nod to Jean Luc. "There are many in the establishment that believe that holding to the "old ways" is best; we don't need a Premier, the Empress is sacred and inviolable after all, right now public trust is with that Throne and who could blame them? From the years of the Republican era to Offdensen's stunt trust in elected officials is most certainly low, I've got a lot of work to make sure they can trust the next Premier, it's a difficult road ahead there. Maybe even a balancing act, how do I lend the trust they show the Throne to whoever holds the office of Premier next? Ending Centre Party actions is easy enough, as for Gemma the Rosari would have to recognize a "succession" of sorts since according to the teachings souls are born with those in our lives, it was easy with my mother as Lucinda fulfilled a role determined before her birth, but we can make that work I'm sure after a talk with the Grand Maester."

Beatrice Anselmo