Author Topic: Submission Forms and Resolution Templates  (Read 8336 times)

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
Submission Forms and Resolution Templates
« on: August 28, 2017, 11:40:16 PM »
Use this topic to suggest debates for the General Assembly, Security Council and the International Court of Justice. Once submitted, it will then be the responsibility of the Secretariat of the CTO to open the debate in the Chamber (for GA/SC submissions) or to begin court proceedings. Any nation may submit an application using the forms below.

Code: [Select]
[b][big]GENERAL ASSEMBLY SUBMISSION FORM[/big][/b]
[b]Formal Name of Submitting Nation(s)[/b]:
[b]Nations involved[/b]:
[b]Title of Submission[/b]:
[b]Draft Resolution[/b]:

[quote][Use template below][/quote]

[b]Any other details[/b]:

[b][big][CHARTER/STATUTE] AMENDMENT SUBMISSION FORM[/big][/b]

[b]Article/section being amended[/b]:
[b]Current text[/b]:
[b]Proposed text[/b]:
[b]Explanation[/b]:

[b][big]SECURITY COUNCIL SUBMISSION FORM[/big][/b]
[b]Nations involved[/b]:
[b]Draft Resolution[/b]:

[quote][Use template below][/quote]

[big][b]INTERNATIONAL COURT OF JUSTICE SUBMISSION FORM[/big][/b]
[b]Plaintiff (Submitting Country/Individual) Formal Name[/b]:
[b]Formal Name of the Defendant Nation(s)[/b]:
[b]Type of Hearing[/b]: [First Instance/Appeal]
[b]Brief Summary of Charges[/b]:
[b]Full List of Charges[/b]:

Charge 1: Specifics of charge go here

Resolution Template

[center][big][big][big][b]Commonwealth Treaty Organisation[/b]
[Security Council/General Assembly] Resolution[/big]

[b]Resolution [XXXX][/big]
[i]Adopted by the [Security Council/General Assembly] on [Date][/i][/big][/b][/center]

[i][The Security Council/General Assembly],[/i]

[i]Verb[/i] something something something,

[i]Acting[/i] under Chapter VII of the Commonwealth Treaty, [if General Assembly, omit this line]

1. [i]Verb[/i] decisions decisions decisions

2. [i]Verb[/i] decisions decisions decisions

3. [i]Verb[/i] decisions decisions decisions

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Re: Submission Forms and Resolution Templates
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 08:32:02 PM »
GENERAL ASSEMBLY SUBMISSION FORM
Formal Name of Submitting Nation(s): The First Empire of Rokkenjima
Nations involved: The Republic of Lakhzovia
Title of Submission: In Response To Lakhzov Elections
Draft Resolution:

Commonwealth Treaty Organisation
General Assembly Resolution[/big]

Resolution [XXXX]
Adopted by the General Assembly on [Date]

The General Assembly,

Concerned by the delay which was witnessed in the release of Lakhzovian election results which has cast a shadow of doubt over the validity of said elections,

Dismayed by the warrant of arrest issued for Argan Tsagarai, Leader of the Democratic Alliance and the implications it has for the democratic institutions of Lakhzovia,

Noting the allegations of electoral misconduct which have been raised by the International Electoral Monitoring Group, a coalition of thirty one international non-governmental organisations who have lodged several concerns as to the conduct of the Lakhzov elections,

Acting in the support of democracy and those free institutions which exist in Lakhzovia,

1. Rejects the international arrest warrant for Argan Tsagarai.

2. Rejects at this time the results of the Lakhzov election until such a time actions have been taken by the Lakhzov Government to address concerns of electoral misconduct.

3. Reserves the right to reinstate the arrest warrant subject to evidence being presented. A vote of the General Assembly to amend this resolution shall be considered sufficient for such reinstatement.

4. Reserves the right to recognize the results of the election, as presented by President Kadassa, once an independent body has verified the results and concerns of misconduct have been satisfactorily addressed.

5. Commissions a CTO observation team to visit Lahkzovia to investigate claims of electoral misconduct where observers may have access to any and all data relevant to the elections.

6. Resolves subject to sections two, three, four and five of this resolution to take steps, proportionate in nature, as they become necessary to ensure the democratic will of the people of Lahkzovia, whatever it may be, is respected and adhered to.

7. Asserts that should article six of this resolution be triggered that the Republic of Lahkzovia be excluded from any subsequent debates on this matter.

Any other details:

An update of Achkaerin's proposal to reflect the situation as it presently stands.

[quote][center][size=12pt][b]Commonwealth Treaty Organisation[/b]
General Assembly Resolution[/big]

[b]Resolution [XXXX][/b][b]
[i]Adopted by the General Assembly on [Date][/i][/b][/size][/center]

[i]The General Assembly,[/i]

[i]Concerned[/i] by the delay which was witnessed in the release of Lakhzovian election results which has cast a shadow of doubt over the validity of said elections,

[i]Dismayed[/i] by the warrant of arrest issued for Argan Tsagarai, Leader of the Democratic Alliance and the implications it has for the democratic institutions of Lakhzovia,

[i]Noting[/i] the allegations of electoral misconduct which have been raised by the International Electoral Monitoring Group, a coalition of thirty one international non-governmental organisations who have lodged several concerns as to the conduct of the Lakhzov elections,

[i]Acting[/i] in the support of democracy and those free institutions which exist in Lakhzovia,

1. [i]Rejects[/i] the international arrest warrant for Argan Tsagarai.

2. [i]Rejects[/i] at this time the results of the Lakhzov election until such a time actions have been taken by the Lakhzov Government to address concerns of electoral misconduct.

3. [i]Reserves[/i] the right to reinstate the arrest warrant subject to evidence being presented. A vote of the General Assembly to amend this resolution shall be considered sufficient for such reinstatement.

4. [i]Reserves[/i] the right to recognize the results of the election, as presented by President Kadassa, once an independent body has verified the results and concerns of misconduct have been satisfactorily addressed.

5. [i]Commissions[/i] a CTO observation team to visit Lahkzovia to investigate claims of electoral misconduct where observers may have access to any and all data relevant to the elections.

6. [i]Resolves[/i] subject to sections two, three, four and five of this resolution to take steps, proportionate in nature, as they become necessary to ensure the democratic will of the people of Lahkzovia, whatever it may be, is respected and adhered to.

7. [i]Asserts[/i] that should article six of this resolution be triggered that the Republic of Lahkzovia be excluded from any subsequent debates on this matter.
[/quote]

An update of Achkaerin's proposal to reflect the situation as it presently stands.

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lakhzovia
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 01:24:47 PM »
Formal Name of Submitting Nation(s): Republic of Lakhzovia
Nations involved: Republic of Lakhzovia, Kingdom of East Moreland
Title of Submission: Lakhzov Election Observation Mission
Draft Resolution:

General Assembly Resolution

Resolution [XXXX]
Adopted by the [General Assembly] on [Date]

General Assembly,

Aware of the ongoing crisis in Lakhzovia follow the recent elections,

Recognising that the perception of democratic mandate is vital to the stability of the political system,

Appreciating the importance of restoring public and international confidence in the Lakhzov government,

1. Endorses the new elections in Lakhzovia

2. Accepts the East Moreland offer to send an Election Monitoring Team

3. Agrees that this mission should be led by Alex Redfern

4. Resolves to accept and endorse the outcome of the elections upon receipt of a satisfactory report from the Election Monitoring Team

Any other details:

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2019, 05:26:58 AM »
[big]GENERAL ASSEMBLY SUBMISSION FORM[/big]
Nations involved: Slava Lavosk, International Community At Large
Title of Submission: Responding To Slavan Aggressions
Draft Resolution:

Resolution [XXXX]

The General Assembly,

Applauding the universal nuclear disarmament pursued by the Holy Empire of Achkaerin, Kingdom of East Moreland and the First Empire of Rokkenjima as a move which reduced the prospect of nuclear war and secured for Mundus a future free of nuclear conflict,

Dismayed by the unilateral uppending of that process by Slava Lavosk in detonating a nuclear warhead of its own design, bringing that process to a halt and casting into doubt the nuclear free future which had been pursued in earnest by the three aforementioned powers,

Determined to ensure all actions are taken to ensure that universal nuclear disarmament is effected and that any threat of proliferation of nuclear arms or materials into or out of Slava Lavosk is prevented,

Further determined to deprive Slava Lavosk of the means to make war against the community of nations and to deprive it of the advantage it sought as each nuclear power renounced their arsenals,

Hereby acts as follows

1. Recognizes that Slava Lavosk is a threat to international peace and has, through its testing of a nuclear device following the universal disarmament, acted in an aggressive manner to the international community,

2. Empowers the First Empire of Rokkenjima, the Kingdom of Tytor, and any other Commonwealth member capable of contributing assets, to place into effect a naval blockade of Slava Lavosk to prevent the proliferation of nuclear arms and materials, materials which could be utilized by the Slava Lavosk military to wage war, or any materials of a dual use nature which would enable Slava Lavosk to further threaten the peace, until such a time Slava Lavosk is no longer in possession of nuclear arms,

3. Allows for the implementation of a no-fly zone over Slava Lavosk should a naval blockade prove incapable of addressing these challenges on its own, ensuring that no avenue for averting the actions of the Commonwealth is within Slava Lavosk's capabilities,

4. Calls upon all Commonwealth nations to apply pressure upon Slava Lavosk through sanctions, freezes of assets, and other measures to ensure the costs of Slava Lavosk's nuclear arsenal outweighs any benefits it should see in acquiring such weapons and derailing the universal disarmament.

Any other details:

Following the universal disarmament of the three Nuclear Powers (Achkaerin, East Moreland and Rokkenjima) Slava Lavosk detonated a nuclear warhead and declared itself a nuclear power, throwing into doubt the realization of a nuclear-free Mundus. To ensure that Slava Lavosk cannot hold the international community hostage, and to effect the removal of the Slava Lavosk nuclear arsenal, the CTO hereby implements a series of actions to restore the peace and tranquility of the international community.

[center][b][size=14pt]Commonwealth Treaty Organisation[/b]
[size=12pt]General Assembly Resolution[/size]

[b]Resolution [XXXX]
[i]Adopted by the General Assembly on [Date][/i][/b][/center]

[i]Applauding[/i] the universal nuclear disarmament pursued by the Holy Empire of Achkaerin, Kingdom of East Moreland and the First Empire of Rokkenjima as a move which reduced the prospect of nuclear war and secured for Mundus a future free of nuclear conflict,

[i]Dismayed[/i] by the unilateral uppending of that process by Slava Lavosk in detonating a nuclear warhead of its own design, bringing that process to a halt and casting into doubt the nuclear free future which had been pursued in earnest by the three aforementioned powers,

[i]Determined[/i] to ensure all actions are taken to ensure that universal nuclear disarmament is effected and that any threat of proliferation of nuclear arms or materials into or out of Slava Lavosk is prevented,

[i]Further determined[/i] to deprive Slava Lavosk of the means to make war against the community of nations and to deprive it of the advantage it sought as each nuclear power renounced their arsenals,

[i]Hereby acts as follows[/i]

1. [i]Recognizes[/i] that Slava Lavosk is a threat to international peace and has, through its testing of a nuclear device following the universal disarmament, acted in an aggressive manner to the international community,

2. [i]Empowers[/i] the First Empire of Rokkenjima, the Kingdom of Tytor, and any other Commonwealth member capable of contributing assets, to place into effect a naval blockade of Slava Lavosk to prevent the proliferation of nuclear arms and materials, materials which could be utilized by the Slava Lavosk military to wage war, or any materials of a dual use nature which would enable Slava Lavosk to further threaten the peace, until such a time Slava Lavosk is no longer in possession of nuclear arms,

3. [i]Allows[/i] for the implementation of a no-fly zone over Slava Lavosk should a naval blockade prove incapable of addressing these challenges on its own, ensuring that no avenue for averting the actions of the Commonwealth is within Slava Lavosk's capabilities,

4. [i]Calls upon[/i] all Commonwealth nations to apply pressure upon Slava Lavosk through sanctions, freezes of assets, and other measures to ensure the costs of Slava Lavosk's nuclear arsenal outweighs any benefits it should see in acquiring such weapons and derailing the universal disarmament.

Following the universal disarmament of the three Nuclear Powers (Achkaerin, East Moreland and Rokkenjima) Slava Lavosk detonated a nuclear warhead and declared itself a nuclear power, throwing into doubt the realization of a nuclear-free Mundus. To ensure that Slava Lavosk cannot hold the international community hostage, and to effect the removal of the Slava Lavosk nuclear arsenal, the CTO hereby implements a series of actions to restore the peace and tranquility of the international community.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 05:34:20 AM by Beatrice »

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2020, 07:54:09 AM »
Nations involved: Empire of Tamora, International Community At Large
Title of Submission: Responding To The Institution of Tamoran Slavery
Draft Resolution:

Resolution [XXXX]

The General Assembly,

Aghast at the perpetuation of the institution of slavery which has been upheld by the Tamoran Empire at the great cost of the lives and dignity of those enslaved,

Recalling the words of the Mundus Convention for Universal Rights which states that No one shall be held in slavery or servitude and No one shall be required to perform forced or compulsory labour,

Determined to bring about a Mundus where slavery is wholly consigned to the pages of history and is no longer imposed upon Peoples regardless of the justifications provided for the continuation of this decadent institution by way of tradition or religion,

Rejecting entirely the notion that any human being may be owned by another, or otherwise be held in the bonds of servitude, by another,

Hereby acts as follows

1. Recognizes that the Tamoran Empire is the principle proponent of the institution of slavery in the modern era and has gone to great lengths to maintain and expand that institution,

2. Calls upon all Commonwealth nations to apply pressure upon the Tamoran Empire through the implementation or maintenance of sanctions, and freezes of assets to ensure the costs of maintaining its institution of slavery becomes too great for the Tamoran Empire to bear. Sanctions should target key Tamoran industries irrespective of their Freestone Mark status while actively denying the Tamoran Empire access to foreign markets.

3. Further encourages members of the Commonwealth to effectively isolate the Tamoran Empire via travel restrictions, cultural exchanges, diplomatic access, sporting events, and other like restrictions applied upon the Empire. This would include Commonwealth members declining to send representatives to diplomatic functions within the Tamoran Empire and, likewise, declining diplomatic accreditation to Tamoran diplomats seeking to attend diplomatic functions within Commonwealth members while declining to send athletes to sporting events hosted within the Tamoran Empire, for example.

4. Enables further discussion and reviews of these measures, and their effectiveness, on a regular basis while allowing the Commonwealth to consider further, and more expansive, avenues of action should these measures prove less effective than desired in curtailing the Tamoran institution of slavery.

Any other details:

The continued existence of the Tamoran institution of slavery is an anomaly in history with most states ridding themselves of slavery in some cases hundreds of years ago. Slavery is a practice which robs individuals of their dignity, freedoms and in some cases their very lives. Allowing for the Tamoran institution of slavery to continue without increased pressure to raise the cost of its maintenance beyond the capabilities of the Tamoran Empire to bear is an injustice which the community of nations cannot afford to stand by as a silent witness to.

[center][b][size=14pt]Commonwealth Treaty Organisation[/b]

[b]Resolution [XXXX]
[i]Adopted by the General Assembly on [Date][/i][/b][/center]

[I]Aghast[/i] at the perpetuation of the institution of slavery which has been upheld by the Tamoran Empire at the great cost of the lives and dignity of those enslaved,

[I]Recalling[/i] the words of the Mundus Convention for Universal Rights which states that [I]No one shall be held in slavery or servitude[/I] and [I]No one shall be required to perform forced or compulsory labour[/I],

[i]Determined[/i] to bring about a Mundus where slavery is wholly consigned to the pages of history and is no longer imposed upon Peoples regardless of the justifications provided for the continuation of this decadent institution by way of tradition or religion,

[I]Rejecting entirely[/i] the notion that any human being may be owned by another, or otherwise be held in the bonds of servitude, by another,

[i]Hereby acts as follows[/i]

1. [i]Recognizes[/i] that the Tamoran Empire is the principle proponent of the institution of slavery in the modern era and has gone to great lengths to maintain and expand that institution,

2. [i]Calls upon[/i] all Commonwealth nations to apply pressure upon the Tamoran Empire through the implementation or maintenance of sanctions, and freezes of assets to ensure the costs of maintaining its institution of slavery becomes too great for the Tamoran Empire to bear. Sanctions should target key Tamoran industries irrespective of their Freestone Mark status while actively denying the Tamoran Empire access to foreign markets.

3. [I]Further encourages[/I] members of the Commonwealth to effectively isolate the Tamoran Empire via travel restrictions, cultural exchanges, diplomatic access, sporting events, and other like restrictions applied upon the Empire. This would include Commonwealth members declining to send representatives to diplomatic functions within the Tamoran Empire and, likewise, declining diplomatic accreditation to Tamoran diplomats seeking to attend diplomatic functions within Commonwealth members while declining to send athletes to sporting events hosted within the Tamoran Empire, for example.

4. [I]Enables[/I] further discussion and reviews of these measures, and their effectiveness, on a regular basis while allowing the Commonwealth to consider further, and more expansive, avenues of action should these measures prove less effective than desired in curtailing the Tamoran institution of slavery.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Tytor

• Regional Power
  • All the world's a stage...
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Tytor
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2020, 11:27:33 PM »
Formal Name of Submitting Nation(s): Kingdom of Tytor
Nations involved: All CTO Member States
Title of Submission: A Proposal for a Summit on the Future of the Commonwealth Treaty Organization
Draft Resolution:

Commonwealth Treaty Organization

Resolution [XXXX]

The General Assembly,

Recognizing the myriad issues facing the modern world,

Acknowledging the fact that the Commonwealth Treaty Organization is presently unable to fully represent the global community,

Realizing that this inability is compounded by the existence of competing organizations (namely the Cross Mundus Agency),

Determined to do what is best to remedy this situation, and

Believing that the principles espoused by the Commonwealth Treaty remain the best way to do that, despite its current flaws,

Hereby

1. Announces its intention to hold a summit at Tarrenburg Castle, Kingdom of Tytor, on [date], to discuss a path forward for the joint causes of global unity and world peace;

2. Declares that these talks will be open to representatives from any and all nations and international organizations that wish to attend;

3. Specifically invites the member states of the Cross Mundus Agency in particular to participate; and

4. Expresses its hope that common ground may be found, and that a better and brighter future may be secured.

Any other details: An exact date for the proposed summit can be fixed during this resolution's debate period.

[b][size=14pt]GENERAL ASSEMBLY SUBMISSION FORM[/size][/b]
[b]Formal Name of Submitting Nation(s):[/b] Kingdom of Tytor
[b]Nations involved:[/b] All CTO Member States
[b]Title of Submission:[/b] A Proposal for a Summit on the Future of the Commonwealth Treaty Organization
[b]Draft Resolution:[/b]

[quote][center][b][size=14pt]Commonwealth Treaty Organization[/size][/b]

[size=10pt][b]Resolution [XXXX]
[i]Adopted by the General Assembly on [Date][/i][/b][/size][/center]

[i]Recognizing[/i] the myriad issues facing the modern world,

[i]Acknowledging[/i] the fact that the Commonwealth Treaty Organization is presently unable to fully represent the global community,

[i]Realizing[/i] that this inability is compounded by the existence of competing organizations (namely the Cross Mundus Agency),

[i]Determined[/i] to do what is best to remedy this situation, and

[i]Believing[/i] that the principles espoused by the Commonwealth Treaty remain the best way to do that, despite its current flaws,

[i]Hereby[/i]

1. [i]Announces[/i] its intention to hold a summit at Tarrenburg Castle, Kingdom of Tytor, on [date], to discuss a path forward for the joint causes of global unity and world peace;

2. [i]Declares[/i] that these talks will be open to representatives from any and all nations and international organizations that wish to attend;

3. [i]Specifically invites[/i] the member states of the Cross Mundus Agency in particular to participate; and

4. [i]Expresses[/i] its hope that common ground may be found, and that a better and brighter future may be secured.[/quote]

[b]Any other details:[/b] An exact date for the proposed summit can be fixed during this resolution's debate period.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 11:53:37 PM by Tytor »
His Majesty Michael the First, by the Grace of God, King of Tytor and her Colonies, and Lord Protector of Floodwater

Factbook -- News -- Press Office

Former Governor-General of The Infinite Alliance
Former Ambassador to Albion and the Global Right Alliance
Former Vice Premier and Speaker of the Senate of the Independent Order
Professional Procrastinator

Non-partisan and proud of it

"A witty saying proves nothing." - Voltaire