Roleplay > War and Conflict

The White League Military Exercise

(1/5) > >>

Muneski:

The Whiteinum Palace Lonport, Muneski President Bob Cruchet was perched in his office, leaning back on his chair rather causally. A notification popped up on his laptop, prompting him to sit up. It was an email from the Ecclesiastical State’s office of foreign affairs. The email was signed by the Pope himself, formally requesting the use of Nuneski, an abandoned island off the coast of Muneski, for some military exercises for ES and its allies. He adjusted his shirt and got straight into typing, his response asked if a conference was to be held before, discussing terms and other formalities in Lonport with the rest of the White League, regardless Cruchet assured the Pope that use of the island was acceptable. He inquired as to which nations are involved so he can send out the invites.

Send.
The Papal reply back was swift, It stated that they would send the invites as after all it was their allies, including Muneski, that were to attend the exercises. The Kingdom of Quintelia and the Republic of Miteravia had already been informed of the Pope’s plan and thus were ready to rsvp straight away, confirming their attendance.

Cruchet Issued an open letter to the nations of Albion:
 In the spirit of friendship and regional co-operation we invite the nations of Albion to send observational teams, ten persons strong as a guideline, to be embedded within the various forces of the exercise for any purpose the nation sees fit. Sincerely, President Bob Cruchet of Muneski

Miteravia:
Port Miloscar was buzzing with the news of the upcoming Military Exercises; the fact the venue was an uninhabited island had really lit a fire under the seamen. A very simple chain of thought was taking place: an island means water will play a large roll, therefore the navy is probably going to be a centrepiece, therefore they were excited. Their suspicions were confirmed by the rumour going round that the Secretary of Defence, Colonel Klaus Austerlitz, was visiting the drydocks today.

This would be Miteravia's first opportunity to flex it's military might since shrugging off the control of the Nationalist government. Since having only recently signed into an alliance with the Ecclesiastical State and Quintellia even more recently, the President wanted to impress their new allies and naturally that duty had fallen to the Colonel. The Colonel was not well liked and Seiler knew that well, but he hadn't appointed him for his charm, the Colonel was a man of results and Seiler trusted him to empress the 'White League' in the upcoming exercises.

The Young Pope:
The lagoon city of Verezzo, renowned for her beauty of settings, architecture, artwork and canals, was an important naval base of the Ecclesiastical Army Navy and home to one of the oldest, continually operated shipyards and armories and one of the earliest large-scale industrial enterprises in history, starting in 1104 with full production from 1320 and is responsible for providing and maintaining the full naval power of Normandy. It was here where the Ecclesiastical Delegation was going to depart from to attend the military exercise centred around Nunseski Island as well as the security and defence convention held in Lonport city, the capital of the allied Muneski, where an ample opportunity for advertising Norman military hardware was provided.

There were last minute changes due to the concerns made by the employed military experts at home concerning logistics issues due to the fact that Normany was committed fully in both the Heyran Tsunami crisis as well the nearby Phuebra crisis, marking it the fist time for a while the heightened military activites undertaken by the church state, courtesy of the young Pope Peter II who has been reigning since 2013, citing the importance of an underused yet well-equipped and trained Army of Christ in urgent times such as these considering prayer and diverse charity work wouldn't be enough effective tools to solve some of the biggest issues Mundus wide. Technically speaking, considering they didn't announce the exact nature of how much commitment the ES would bring to the exercises, it wouldn't ben issue.

The plan was that Miteravia's single aircraft carrier was going to stop by and load around 20 aircraft belonging to the Ecclesiastical Army Navy Air Service consisting of support aircraft and helicopters, while Secretary for Ecclesiastical Security, Cardinal Michael Spencer and the Chief-of-Staff of the Supreme Command, Marshal Heiner Schönbaum, were going to board the Armageddon-class Battleship, Jesus Christ, usually operational in museum and heritage duties as well as special occasions such as these. The only commitment regarding relevant naval vessels would be a Sovereign-class Command Ship, St. Paul, which was a hybrid between a frigate and military transport ship with multiple role capabilities, with the capacity to be transformed from a combat ship with the firepower of a traditional frigate to a hospital ship within a day. Even though it was going to be seen as a Token Ship, it nonetheless displayed the capabilities of the EAN no matter the limits imposed and marked the presence of the church state's diplomatic influence. Together they would embark to the allied Republic of Muneski, generous enough to adhere to the Holy Father's requests.

It was only a matter of time before the fun could begin...

Muneski:
President Cruchet has the police chief on the phone to get Lonport ready for the imminent arrival of the armed forces of many countries.
"Yes I know captain we will be stretching our resources to the limit" ... "No I cant pull out now i'd be in great trouble if I was to do that" Just do it" he hang up on him.
The president had his maid working around the clock getting the palace ready.
He had closed multiple roads so the others could reach him swiftly
"I know closing all the roads will cause chaos"... "do you to be the embarrassment of Mundus"?
He was stressed he was soon to go to makeup to get rid of the stress lines and signs of many sleepless nights.
He had been on the phone with too many people. getting every little detail right so something didn't go horrendously wrong.

Miteravia:
Colonel Austerlitz had finished his inspection of the drydocks and fleet housing at Port Miloscar, he was satisfied with the quality of what he had observed. Now the Naval High Command of the Navy (comprised of the Admiral Mario Koenig, Vice-Admiral Marco Reinhardt and Rear-Admiral Jacek Zawadzki) was gathered in the bridge of the Aircraft Carrier, the MSS Befreier; Austerlitz entered the room. The three admirals were stood in a small circle, RAdm Zawadzki turned towards the Colonel in a way to almost form a line with the other two Admirals.

"Gentlemen," The Colonel nodded, "I'm sure you're aware of the upcoming exercises with ES and her allies? Well the Secretariat of Defence can afford no mistakes here, sirs."
VAdm Reinhardt was the first to reply. "Klaus, we've all known each other long enough to know that we all want the same thing, no? We all want to show the world Miteravia is no lame duck. As much as you and I have had our differences in the past, we work together now. Our goals are the inextricably the same."
Zawadzki nodded in agreement; while Adm Koenig just watched, expressionless.
"Yes, Marco, I'm aware. In fact I want you to lead the Miteravian fleet at the exercises." The Colonel retorted, while Reinhardt blinked in shock, Austerlitz turned to Koenig. "If you have no objections of course, Mario, these ships are your charge after all."
Koenig adjusted his cap. "Colonel, I trust Marco implicitly. After all as Defence Secretary you can overrule me anyway."
"I wouldn't dream of it." Austerlitz smiled slyly.

"What vessels..." Zawadzki piped up, "What vessels is Marco going to take?"
"Hmmm...specific vessel wise the choice is up to the three of you. Numerically: 2 Destroyers, 3 to 4 Frigates, Maybe two subs, one fleet and one missile, a handful support vessels if you need them. Oh and of course this beauty with 10 or so Marine aircraft, the air-force will be supplying the rest." The Colonel said, whilst indicating to the floor bellow him as 'the beauty'. "Oh and Vice-Admiral Reinhardt, I'll discuss the route with you via secure email."
The admirals sat in silence.
"Right then I must be off, got to catch a plane to Lonport." The Colonel said. "Good day, Gentlemen."
Austerlitz exited the room as swiftly as he had entered.
"What a dickhead." Reinhardt muttered.
The other two admirals nodded in agreement.

47 Minutes later
As the Colonel was about to board the plane, his phone pinged alerting him to a secure email he had received. Reinhardt had sent him the fleet list.

* Flagship/Aircraft Carrier MSS Befreier
* Destroyer MSS Schlangenjäger
* Destroyer MSS Pružný
* Frigate MSS Zbawiciel
* Frigate MSS Síla
* Frigate MSS Janov
* Fleet Sub. MUS Skryté
* Missile Sub. MUS Kugl
* Small Support Vessels (SSVs)
"Good," He mumbled to himself, as he boarded the aircraft. The Colonel composed a reply that read:

--- Quote from: Col. Austerlitz's secure email to VAdm Reinhardt ---Good work.

Assemble the fleet.
Wait for the aircraft and other combat forces.
Sail to Verezzo, ES.
Refuel and load up ES aircraft.
Proceed to Nuneski Island.
Await further orders.

Col. A

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version