Author Topic: Pharaoh Akasha and the Safavid Imperial family  (Read 1742 times)

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
Pharaoh Akasha and the Safavid Imperial family
« on: September 01, 2020, 07:50:16 PM »

10:00 AM - Safavid Military Airport – Kingdom of Tamora, Empire of Tamora

One of the imams assigned to the base had just finished leading a public payer in the An-12 cargo plane and was now walking on the runway returning to his temple in the military base. Every day an An-12 would leave the base and go the kingdom of Clysperis to one of the joint military bases Tamoran troops had with the Clysperi military. The imam like most on the base had no idea what the plane was carrying and didn’t really bother to think much about it. The kingdom of Clysperis was considered a trusted friend by many in Tamora so such trips did not raise any suspicion.

A Tamoran An-12 on its route to Clyperis

11:00 AM Tamoran-Clysperis military base

Major Gorazm Kabbha exited the plane and when straight to the helipad where the helicopter was ready to take him as soon as possible to the Khemnen Palace, the seat of Clysperi’s government and state religion. He was due to deliver to Pharaoh Akaska the daily intelligence report from Djerb. The schedule was clear, he has to arrive before 12:00 at the palace so that there would be enough time to get to Pharaoh Akaska by 12:00 should she see him. 

Major Kabbha had not read the report as he did not have clearance, all he cared about was his mission which was simple: deliver the report to the Pharaoh, and the Pharaoh only. Should anything suspicious happen during the trip, he was to destroy the report. His custom phone which he carried with him at all times while he was on mission had a special alert that when triggered by Djerb would mean that he would have cancel his trip to the Khemnen Palace, destroy the report and return immediately to Tamora. So far that alert had never been triggered and the daily trips to Clysperis had run without interruption. It did not matter if it was a religious holiday, a civil war or something else. The reports were still delivered even when Clysperis had at times come at odds with Tamora like during the summit meeting for a future Mundus League of Nations or when the Clysperis declined to support Tamora’s joint bid for the Mundus games.

The intelligence reports Djerb provided to Pharaoh Akasha detailed all Tamora’s operations aboard, from Zimalia to Merina and anything in between. Whether it was Tamora’s attempted dealings with the Monarchists in Izhitsa or the support for the Muslim militia in Phuebra, the Pharaoh was informed of them and all the other operations and dealings Tamora had outside its borders. The purpose of the intelligence sharing was to allow Pharaoh Akaska to coordinate efforts with Tamora or at least not engage in operations which would see the two sides endangering the other’s operations but also more importantly it was a sign of that Akasha was part of the highest circle of the Safavid imperial family. In many countries in Mundus, the affairs of state and that of the royal family where separated, in Tamora they were intertwined in a way that it often confused many diplomats outside of MidAranye. Tamora’s intelligence sharing with Pharaoh Akaska remained one of Tamora’s most closely guarded secrets, there was no signed treaty detailing such an arrangement only a verbal agreement between the Abbas and Akasha. In fact the agreement provided that Akasha did not share the info with anyone else in her own government, another arrangement that many outside MidAranye would not understand.   

A page from the intelligence report provided by Djerb to Pharaoh Akaska

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Re: Pharaoh Akasha and the Safavid Imperial family
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2020, 05:40:59 AM »
Khemnen Palace, mid-morning

"It has come to my attention that I did not inform you of the details regarding the position of Clysperis on the proposal for a veto power to be wielded in the proposed League of Nations summit," she began, deciding that her wording thus far was acceptable. "While I understand the position sought by the Tamoran Empire I could also see that such a power would quickly turn into a tit-for-tat exchange between our nations and the Occident; veto exchanged for veto with nothing ever being accomplished. In truth, the proposed organisation was never meant to truly include nations like the Kingdom and the Empire; just look at the history of such organisations and we can see what the eventual outcome would have been, regardless of whether we held a veto or not. The Occident would find a way, some procedural mechanism perhaps or outright unilateral actions under other international accords, to get what they desired. If we were to attempt such things, we'd be labelled rogue states or our actions somehow subverting some hallowed precedent established long in the past."

"I did not wish to offend the Empire, but I had to see that the Kingdom voted in a manner based on what we believe and how we approach the world around us. If I have disappointed you in that I apologize, but only out of respect for you and our deep friendship with Tamora, not because I feel our vote was the wrong call. Because of our partnership I had no fear in that, now, if you were like the Empress of Rokkenjima I'd be surveying the damage wrought by your missiles at this very moment. Whereas the Occident does not tolerate deviation from expectations, we understand that each of us holds different views and we can move beyond differences over one issue and not allow them to tinge the entirety of our relationship."

She paused, considering the matter of Izhitsa which was immediately before her. "Izhitsa presents another challenge: we've the potential for Fleur to be involved which would hamper both the interests of the Empire and the Kingdom and allow for an Albion power to potentially gain a foothold in Aranye. Given the positions of Fleur, we may both agree that such a development would be harmful to our mutual interests and concerns, why, it could even open the door for Fleur to expand ever further into Aranye, spreading their fallacies and misguided ideologies far beyond the scope of what is appropriate. This is something which I feel we can both agree must be prevented at all costs."

"I will most likely be working alongside the Achkaerinese in the Summit, and if I am called upon to support a strategy which serves the interests of keeping Fleur as far away as possible I shall support it. While this may come at the detriment of the Monarchists if I am able to work with the provisional government and gain their ear and debt, I can still see to it that our interests there are not surrendered. I shall look to coordinate with Djerb on this matter and, while perhaps not the first avenue embarked upon by Tamora, if I should find myself in a position where cooperation with the Achkaerinese is required I may make it work for both of us."

"I would add," she continued, "that working with the Achkaerinese on this could open options for Clysperis in the future. They're unique of the major powers, that we both can agree upon, and should we build a cordial and even warm relationship that is one more partner for Midaranye that otherwise we would not have. Given their track record of holding the Morelanders and Rokkenjimans to task over the years, their acumen could prove quite valuable. I look forward to hearing from you."

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis