Author Topic: Tamora- Behind the Scenes  (Read 6117 times)

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
Tamora- Behind the Scenes
« on: June 17, 2018, 06:29:18 PM »
One of Tamora's most guarded secrets was Project Overlord. The project had been under review for over 10 years, preliminary preparations have been made but it had never been allowed to proceed to step two. Today, the Tamoran Emperor, his Chief of staff and the Head of intelligence were having the yearly review:

"Your Imperial Majesty, as said in the previous reviews, your imperial armed forces are ready, both the air force and army are fully equipped, trained and ready. However, there's only so much preparation we can do until you give us the green light to proceed with step two. Waiting another year won't help at all." The Chief of staff was detached as he spoke. Every year they had the same conversion and every year the Emperor postponed the decision to move forward. He resigned himself with the idea that so long as Abbas was Emperor the project will linger in this stage.

"I will also advice we proceed, Your Imperial Majesty. It will take time to make preparations for my operations. We need to know if we can proceed. I believe there are opportunities we have missed so far and we continued to waste."The Head of intelligence shared the same opinion with the Chief of staff in the he had long abandoned the idea that the project will ever proceed further.

There was silence is the room, the two men were waiting for the Emperor to reply.

"The treasury also informed that reserves are at an all time high. We should have enough funds for the project". said the Emperor.

More silence in the room as the two men were waiting to hear  how he would postpone the project for another year.

" So gentlemen, we will proceed with step two of the project ".

The two men could hardly believe it.

" You Imperial Majesty? " asked the Chief of staff bewildered. Not wanting to appearer totally surprised he added: " Is the decision final? "

"Yes, you will receive the orders by the end of the day".

More silence in the room.

"Gentlemen, you know what you have to do. This meeting is adjourned. "

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Report on the Bene Gesserit Sisterhood
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 06:37:51 PM »
Clearance level: Top secret

As per your request, we have compiled a short review of the Bene Gesserit Sisterhood addressing the topics you enquired about. We would like to stress out that some info may not be entirely accurate since the organization is prone to secrecy.

Illegal and immoral activities: The sisterhood is a women dominated religion, their members have a misandrist mentality and engage in extensive brainwashing from a young age. Their activities include: brainwashing, blackmail, prostitution, homosexuality, insurrection, terrorist activities etc

Compatibly with Tamoran culture: totally incompatible. While some religious organizations in Tamora do engage in the points mentioned above, none have the cult like mentality and dedication of the Bene Gesserit Sisterhood. Their fanatic allegiance to their religious leader alone makes them incompatible to Tamoran political culture.

Threat: they are to be considered extremely dangerous, should be branded as a terrorist organization as soon as possible.

Recommendations: have any Bene Gesserit members active in Tamora detained, extensively interrogated and executed. We believe they are too dangerous to be enslaved.   

As per your request, no action against them will be taken until we have your permission.       

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Report on Borlander activity
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 07:54:59 AM »

We would like to inform you that we have begun our assessment of the number of Morelanders that have entered Tamora the last five years. We will identity those that are still in here and, depending on the total number, will attempt to monitor them. He have also contacted the E. Moreland embassy in for help in analyzing travel documents. Also, we have been attempting to identify bulk purchases of items that could be used as explosive and we will correlate what we find with the Morelanders living in Tamora or frequently visiting.

As per your explicit instructions, the agents have been informed to use extreme caution and not communicate our mission with any other law enforcement agency in the Empire. Furthermore, no action against those suspected of being Borelanders will take place without your explicit authorization.

Signed,
Head of Internal intelligence

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Rokkenjima and the first Tamoran to go into space
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2018, 08:37:44 AM »
It was evening and Musaevna Kadyrov was at home, at her residence in the federated kingdom of Akkar when she got a call from her friend, Alya Safavid. She suspected that the call wasn't just a social one and after talking for a while, Alya said:

-About that project to send a Tamoran into space. We have a candidate, I am forwarding the resume now.

Musaevna looked and the resume and said:

-Are you sure?
-Yes, the Supreme Ayatollah of Tamora personally made the recommendation. And after the Elysium "debate", we weren't in any position to disagree.

- The Supreme Ayatollah, chose this candidate?
-Yes, he handed the candidate's resume after service and insisted that he wants to see this candidate in space.

-But will the Rokkenjimans approve? Did you talk to them or informed them of it? I don't think this is what they had in mind when they signed up for.
-No, we haven't. Both of the Supreme Ayatollah and the Emperor were adamant that the Tamoran people should know of our choice before any foreigners. The Supreme Ayatollah said he doesn't want to know anything more about what foreigners think or need. So we are going to make it public first and then diplomatically explain to the Rokkenjimans that should they refuse it would be a grave insult to the Empire.

- I have to tell you, I have no idea if they will accept. They could easily drop our candidate and use various technical reasons as an excuse: like health, lack of relevant professional background etc. I mean from the resume, the candidate is in good health and has a background in STEM but they could still refuse the candidate if they wanted to.
- I know the Rokkenjimas don't really like us, that they look down on us and our customs and will want to drop the candidate on any excuse but we don't care. We are going to push very hard for them to accept no matter what.

-Well then, I guess we have a winner for our contest.
- Thank you, Musaevna. Do what you have to do but keep it a secret until we make it official. Nobody should find out that doesn't absolutely need to know.

And with that Tamora had chosen the first Tamoran to go into space.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
The death of a King
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2019, 10:15:58 AM »
Emperor Abbas was having a private meeting with his Head of intelligence. He was being briefed on the recent info regarding the death of king Akakios:

-We have no indication that that East Morelands was involved in this.

-What about the Lodjan wife?

-Nothing out of the ordinary, Your Imperial Majesty.

When the first news reached Abbas about the death of Akakios, he was sure the Morelanders were involved in this and that Akakios latest wife would somehow play a role. With the Morelanders and their vassals near RS waters it seemed extremely unlikely that such a coincidence would take place, especially considering the dirty tricks Morelanders use to hide their lack of skill when it comes to military affairs. Having Oksana work in fact for the Morelanders made perfect sense but all evidence available pointed there was no association and that Okasana had nothing to do with it. It would seem that the death Akakios was just one of a long series of bad luck that were plaguing Tamora and Midaranye in general.   

-What about the crown prince? Is he in control?

-Yes, all seems to be proceeding normal. There is no sign that anything is wrong in the whole process. 

-That would be all.

While Abbas had nothing against the soon to be King Hadi, they weren’t friends either. The relationship with the late king had been developed in decades and while he didn’t agree on everything with Akakios, like his openness to foreigners or his more libertine views (compared to the Manist standards), he nevertheless knew what to expect from Akakios. With Hadi, it would take some time before building a mutual trust and understanding. Unfortunately, now was not the time best of times to be lacking those when considering the Slavan aggression, the food crisis and the possible Morelander invasion.   

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
About the Spice Festival and the Slavan crisis
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 10:20:12 AM »
OOC: The timeline for the Spice Festival a little messed up in regards to other events that happened in Tamora. For the sake of simplicity I am going to ignore some inconsistencies (it only affects Tamora’s timeline).

The most important iconic building in Djerb was the Great Temple, dedicated to the prophet Mani, the founder of the faith. It is in this temple the Supreme Allyatolah holds his sermons and it is where most of the high ranking nobles attended religious service. It was in the Temple’s large complex, which had various amenities, that Alya Safavid, the First Wife of the emperor, felt most confortable having her private meetings rather than the Imperial palace. Today was one of those days; she was engaged in a meeting with her best friend, Musaevna Kadyrov. With so many things happening in Tamora, they didn’t have a chance to catch up. After all, it was Alya who insisted that Musaevna attended the Spice Festival without telling her why it was important and Musaevna thought she was due an explanation.

-   So how did you find the Bene Gesserit cult?
-   Weird to say the least, they make Anahitaism seem plain.

Musaevna, then proceed to describe the religious rituals she saw at the event.

-  And perhaps more unsettling is that you constantly get the feeling that what you are shown is just a small part compared to what it going on behind the scenes. You never get the impression that they are fully honest with you.”Manists in general were very suspicious of religions or sects that kept hidden from the public; they greatly valued open worship and full expression of the dogma. A good example of this was their public defense of the institution of slavery as a religious commandment; they didn’t shy away for controversy. “At one point” Musaevna continued “I even had one of the hosts tell me that I am of their faith but I just don’t know it yet”.

-  What about their religious leader? What do you think about her?
-  The same as their religion, I guess. While it was clear most of her followers genuinely revered her, I had the feeling that she wasn’t the one calling the shots. I don’t believe she’s a puppet or a figurehead but there are other powers in their organization that handle the major decisions. Either the heads of the noble families or, more likely, some other branch of their faith that is hidden from the public.

-   And you said their Holy Mother had a message for the guests?
-   Yes, it would seem she want us to boycott Kataine in return for them allowing us to trade with Kataine after they win the war. They also promise to stop infiltrating their military branch in our countries. Basically we have to act now and in return we get very generous promises for the future. Actually, trading with them freely after the war isn’t even such a generous thing.

-   And how did the others react?
-   I couldn’t really tell since I hardly talked much with anyone else beside the Seleucid consul. If I were to give an educated guess, I don’t think the people in the room had that much control or influence over their government’s policy to even consider doing something like that. Now will you be so kind as to tell me what this is about. You never cared for other religions or foreign cultures, so I assume it isn’t a personal interest that is driving your curiosity.

-   Indeed, the reason is that we want to see if there is any way to reach some kind of agreement with them. As you know our intelligence service isn’t fond of them. The situation is complicated, the Church is upset about the recent shifts in the government’s foreign policy and the Elysium affair really aggravated this. So the government, despite its reluctance, decided to give the Bene Gesserit members permanent resident status. That puts us at odds with the government of Kataine and further strains relations with the rest of Mundus without any gain for us or even a formal agreement with the Bene Gesserit that defines our relationship. So we wanted to asses them first, to see what exactly we are dealing with. Intelligence reports can only tell you so much and what you’ve told me so far is not encouraging at all.
-   That is suprising to say the least. If you want me to get in contact with them and see if we can arrange some kind of working relationship I can do that.

-   It’s more complicated than that and I don’t want to get into the details. Anyway, it doesn’t seem we have much need for each other. They seem to be well funded, have plenty of nations to give them refuge, in some of those nations they have been well infiltrated and have notable influence over the local governments and not to mention that Kataine is far away from Tamora. On their side, they want us to boycott Kataine goods which we can’t and seek international recognition but we aren’t even part of what people would call international community.
-   While that’s true, it doesn’t hurt to try. I think there are some avenues we can explore.

-   You’re not selling them weapons. Abbas won’t approve it. That’s the last thing we need right now. Not to mention that East Morelander intelligence service has already sent an inquiry regarding your attendance at the Spice Festival. Good thing we gave you that diplomatic passport, otherwise who knows what they might have considered doing.
-   I wasn’t thinking of selling them weapons but there are others ways we can cooperate. The way I see it, trust is the major obstacle in dealing with them. Just let me know what you decide and I believe I can set up a meeting with them. Now about the Slavans, what’s happening exactly? Morad (ooc: her husband) won’t tell me anything.

-   It’s the same with Abbas, all I know is that he suspects that Slavans are up to something and that is why they got the other nations to send their fleets here.
-   But they aren’t here for Slava, they are here for the Morelander sect.

-   I know and Abbas knows that too. He cannot find a connection between the incidents happening in Royal Seleucid and Slava. I know he had the intelligence service look at the possibility that the locus swam was somehow engineered by the Slavans but that didn’t turn up anything. And since he has nothing concrete, he doesn’t talk about it.

Afterwards their conversation returned to family matters.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Special delivery for the Truthsayers
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2020, 10:51:18 PM »
To: Special Agent Piruzan Khorsandi

Security level: Top Secret

You are to get in touch to with a contact from the paramilitary organization known as “the Truthsayers” and establish a meeting where you are to deliver package which will be provided at a later date. It will contain or the necessary specifications and materials to build the so called “living cement”. No compensation will be asked from “the Truthsayers” for this package. Take extra caution about setting up the meeting and prioritize safety and discretion above all else.

The package will arrive at the usual location in 10 days and we expect you to turn the package over no later than three weeks.
   Should any unforeseen incidents happen, you are to report to HQ immediately.

Signed,
HTISS

OOC: It was agreed here.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Hunting Ramose
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2020, 05:51:44 PM »

Ever since Ramose made a public appearance staking a claim to the throne of Clysperis, the Imperial Secret Service made it a top priority to hunt him down. So far they had no leads as to his whereabouts and that caused a lot of irritation in the Imperial palace in Djerb.

Emperor Abbas listened to another briefing where basically no new information was available.

“Contact your counterparts in Abydos and request their help in finding him. He is probably hiding there”
“Your Imperial Majesty, if he is a citizen of Abydos they will be reluctant to hand him over to us…
“Ask for their help, let’s see him caught and then we’ll worry about that.”

Soon after the meeting ended, the Imperial Secret Service sent a confidential communique to their counterparts in Abydos asking for their support in locating Ramose and apprehending him. 

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Report and recommendations regarding the Crown Princess of Rokkenjima
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2020, 10:26:12 AM »
Report and recommendations regarding the latest statement made by the Crown Princess of Rokkenjima

Classification: Top secret

The recent statements made by the Crown Princess of Rokkenjima in regards to the First Empire Empire’s diplomatic approach to Tamora are a result of a combination of factors and it is hard to determine how important each of them are let alone identify all possible factors. Nevertheless, we believe that the factors presented below are at least some of the more relevant ones:

1.   The Crown Princess Adriana is the daughter of Beatrice Aselmo and no doubt her mother has influenced the daughter’s views following her visit to Tamora.
2.   The Tamoran point of view which seeks to promote an alternative view to the current mainstream view on international affairs is taking roots. While foreign capitals have perhaps not changed their policies because of this, the message is nevertheless spreading among the general population of foreign countries. We believe the Crown Princess has been exposed to such ideas.
3.   The increasing number of nations that have emerged out of isolation in MidAranye have furthered strengthen the message of alternative views of the current international order. In fact it can be argued that criticism on the current international order is taking different approaches, one only needs to look at the message Clsyperis is sending and compare that to ours. Such diversity of approach we believe is beneficial as it gives credence that more people support those ideas rather than just one nation and different messages can be more convincing to different people thus extending our reach.
4.   The increasing number of countries that have emerged from isolation in MidAranye that share our views on foreign policy have made some in foreign capitals realize that their plans to contain and isolate Tamora on the world stage have failed and even backfired.

Recommendations:

We believe that increasing our efforts to spread our message aboard will help strengthen our position aboard in the long term. We therefore recommend:

1.   To offer support to the TINS organization to help spread its message in developed countries. We should consider translating the broadcasts and distributing them over the internet on several online platforms and channels.
2.   Provide more funding to our temples aboard, especially those in developed countries. The Manist religious communities remain excellent vectors for promoting our message aboard and they can do that under the cover of religious freedom and preaching.
3.   Special attention should be given to the youth in developed countries. Politics is downstream from culture and that applies to foreign policies. Youth remain more susceptible to subversion, they are more likely to get their information from online media rather than mainstream one, are more open to new ideas and more likely to question consensus. We therefore recommend we develop a plan to target youth and student organizations in developed countries to promote ideas that will help our agenda.
4.   Provide further funding to the cyber brigades in order to expand their operations to developed countries. Social media platforms remain an excellent medium to spread our ideas especially among the youth. 
5.   Special and targeted focus should be given to attempting to influence the Crown Princess of Rokkenjima. While that will require more resources and it will be much harder to achieve we believe that the costs are worth the potential gain. The Crown Princess is not only young and susceptible to our message but it is also likely that in less than a decade she will be taking the throne. With the huge political power Rokkenjiman monarchs have in their country having a sovereign that is open to our message is something Tamora can benefit greatly from.   

Should your Imperial Majesty agree to the recommendations, we are ready to put them in practice as soon as possible.

Signed,

Head of Imperial Secret Service

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
It was the regular state meeting of the Imperial Government. Inside the meeting room there were various head of Security and military, ministers, Alya Safavid, the wife of the Emperor, but in charge of them all was Abbas Safavid.

Alya Safavid had recently returned from a MidAranye tour in Abydos, Safrean, Venora and Socram and was presenting how the meetings went:

Alya: “We received warm support from Abydos and I believe it is safe to say we can count on them. The others have been much more reserved, they said they also want to see who else is bidding so they can make an informed decision. The argument that our bid would also help the entire MidAranye region did not seem to convince them. “

Abbas didn’t not seem surprised at all and instead changed the subject:

Abbas: “Thanasis Polakis is handling Zimalia. Now I want you to go to Quintelia and Phuebra. “

Alya: “I was thinking I would first go on an Aranye tour: Centralia, Achkaerin…” she didn’t get a chance to finish as Abbas interrupted her.

Abbas: “We go to our friends first then the rest. And there will be no visits to Achkaerin or the likes of CNN and Rokkenjima. They will see us as begging and I will not have that.”

Alya: ”Of course, I will make the necessary agreements for Quintelia and Phuebra.”

They then switched to the next topic, the Gungnir terrorists:

Deputy Head of Security: “We can confirm that it was indeed the Alanders terrorists that did this. “

Alya: “The new Empress of Rokkenjima has sanctioned Nya Aland for their incompetence but East Moreland has jumped on this by praising that Nya Aland has caught all terrorists who committed attacks on their soil and insulted us that the one committed in MidAranye has not seen the perpetrators brought to justice. “

Abbas: “Morelanders are well known for their incompetence in handling the Borlanders so it makes sense for them to praise the Alanders. “

Alya: “We are in a difficult position, on one hand we should criticize the Alanders but that is exactly what the Morelanders want, it further alienates the Alanders and damages the inroads the Seleucid have achieved with them. I suggest we make use of the connections of the International Women Council and have Musaevna contact Birgid Strand and offer our support informally. “
Deputy Head of Security: “It’s highly unlikely that we have anything to share that might help them”.

Alya: "It shows that we share their concerns. It’s not like they expect anything from us. It does however show that we do not share Rokkenjima’s position regarding them. "

Abbas: “Fine, have Musaevna contact that Alander woman.” Abbas was getting tired of this.

Alya: “Since we are talking Alanders and the International Women Council(IWC) I think we should do something about Olivia Robertsson. She enjoys a great reputation both in Zimalia and aboard for her work there. I think it would be useful if we coopt her in some way. During the last meeting IWC had we agreed to support her work but little has been done in that regard. “

Abbas: “Fine, see to it that she gets something. “

Alya: “I would also want to talk about Rokkenjima…”

Abbas was already clearly annoyed:  “What about them?”

Alya: “With their new Empress there is the possibility to reset relations and…”

Abbas: “There is no such opportunity. We have a plan regarding the Crown Princess which the members of the inner circle are aware of the details. I want to more on to the next topic. “

The next topic on the agenda was the Clysperis civil war. One of the generals explained in detail the latest developments.

Abbas cut him off: “How long until the rebels are defeated?”

General: “Months, Your Imperial Majesty, maybe even less. “

Abbas: “I wanted it to end as fast as possible. The whole war is crippling Akasha’s reputation aboard and weakening Clysperis.“ he then looked at the Deputy Head of Security: “I want a plan on my desk as soon as possible with what reforms should be taken once the rebels are defeated so that Akasha doesn’t go through this ever again. Once the rebels are gone, Akasha will have a window of opportunity when the people will accept that changes must be made, she needs to have a plan in place so that she can use that opportunity to the full potential. “

Deputy Head of Security: “Of course, Your Imperial Majesty. “

With that the meeting moved on to domestic affairs…

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
It was the regular state meeting of the Imperial Government. Inside the meeting room there were various heads of Security and military, ministers, Alya Safavid, the wife of the Emperor, but in charge of them all was Abbas Safavid.

The topic of the day was the latest statements made by the leader of a small Plebian party which harshly criticized the establishment of Lodja.

Deputy Head of Security: TUNA has been expanding over the years and with the recent admission of Nya Aland they are larger in terms of numbers than ever before. And while TUNA as an organization poses no risks for us, it is very likely that in the long run it will developed into a much more integrated organization which could pose serious risks for us. We already have CNN as a military alliance in Mundus where the Morelanders exert significant influence, should TUNA, where they also have influence through Lodja and Bakkermaya not to mention that Paracambi is a member and that they us, also turn into a military alliance that would serisily complicate things for us. The Helusians would be in control of Alba Karinya and Albion and a significant part of Ardia.
This why I think the recent development in Lodja are a wonderful opportunity for us. I suggest we authorize funding for the so called National Conservative Assembly and also see to it that our cyber brigades promote their message on their social media so that as many youth as possible are exposed to their message.

Alya: I disagree. Nothing good will come of this and we risk being exposed for no reason. That party will never gain power in Lodja and even if they did they would not have the power to change Lodja’s foreign policy.

Deputy Head of Security: While I agree with Lady Safavid that that party will not come even close to power and that expending their message would not influence Lodja’s foreign policy at all, it does lay seeds for future operations and opportunities.

Abbas: not to mention that their message is far from unreasonable. See what it can be done to help them and prepare a report for me.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Re: Tamora- Behind the Scenes
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2020, 09:37:07 PM »
To His Excellency, Ambassador Atreides:

I am writing to thank you for the precious gift you have given me. I know that your men and women have thought so hard to acquire it and sharing it with me is something that humbles me.
The Tamoran Empire will continue to be a safe haven for the Bene Gesserit and a friend of the Theocracy and should you have any requests, I am always willing to listen to them.
I look forward to our next meeting.

Respectfully yours,

Alya Safavid
Head of Foreign Affairs

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Re: Tamora- Behind the Scenes
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2020, 09:52:21 PM »

Your Imperial Majesty,

As per your instructions we have begun a new operation targeting Izhitsa. We are using social media platforms and various sites to further promote among the general population the idea that the provisional government hoards food and that it should be released immediately. While we have made all possible efforts to be discrete in our operation there is still the chance that our operation could be discovered by their intelligence service and even cause a backlash that might strengthen the provisional government’s support among the general public. However, we estimate such risk to be small and worth it for the potential to damage to the trust the Izhitsan public puts in the provisional government.

Furthermore, I regret to inform Your Majesty that so far we have not identified any faction or person of influence that would either suite our needs or be willing to work with us but I have increased the resources allocation to this task. I urge Your Imperial Majesty to be patient in this regard since finding the right group or individual to support it vital for the long term success of our plans in Izhitsa. Also, allocating too many resources increases the chance that we will be discovered and ruin any potential operations in the future.       

Signed,
Head of Internal intelligence