Author Topic: The Khemnen-Djerb Line  (Read 4953 times)

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
The Khemnen-Djerb Line
« on: June 25, 2019, 06:50:32 AM »

Abbas,

A new challenge is brought to our doorsteps as the Kingdom of Thieves casts sanctions upon the Kingdom. As you perhaps saw in my remarks on Clysperi's international channel this may present us an opportunity to foster closer Midaranye unity as I fear so long as we do not speak even louder than they do this meddling in our region will continue or grow even worse moving into the future. We see so much talk about sovereignty, the right to self-determination, but it is always on the terms of the internationalist powers. And perhaps that name is no longer appropriate, they are clearly imperialist powers, and we can either accept their order imposed on us, or ensure that this is the last time they think they may simply throw their weight around and determine what goes on in our region.

I feel the hour grows near where we will need to move others to our cause, the respective causes of our nations have proven a vector of attack by these powers, but we may turn their own words and principles against them. Show Mundus that imperialism is well alive, and that each of them live under it, even if it is not apparent in their day-to-day lives. We must also see Midaranye stand in unison against any further interference, whether it is internationalist, imperialist or Helusian in origin. Midaranye is stronger together, and it need not be one root cause, but merely the principle that our region is not a playground for foreigners to set rules and play their games.

Also, I understand you have conducted dealings with the Conglomerate before. Is there any way you may speak to them on my behalf? With Clysperis just starting to find its footing for growth and recovery we must seek to open avenues to at least soften the blow sanctions will certainly have. As well, what of Royal Seleucid? We see Clysperis targeted today, but Seaforth casting its eyes on Midaranye increases the opportunities at East Moreland's disposal for actions; truly, these are troubled times.

I look to you for wisdom, and to determine together what comes next.

Bektaten
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 06:29:39 AM by Beatrice »

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Re: Staring Down The Wolf
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 04:16:11 AM »

Abbas,

I thank you and your son, Prince Naser, for your wisdom during these times. Although I have elected toward a path of retrenchment in the extension of 'mercy' toward the Soviets they have highlighted a far bigger problem: that no matter what we do, our sovereignty is only rented on the "benevolence" of the self-righteous, they remain all too willing to throw their weight where it is neither wanted nor warranted. This is a state of affairs that will remain until we take those actions I spoke of in my previous letter to you.

This experience is not without its benefits, however, as it sends a message to our peoples and governments about the state of affairs between states. The monopoly held by the internationalists is strong, but also so very fragile at the same time.

Thus Clysperis will dedicate its capacity, ingenuity and people to growth; growth in strength, growth in economics, and growth in diplomacy. We will focus on Midaranye first, building vital links and economic arrangements which will establish that my Kingdom has not only its principles to stand by, but the means with which to defend them. Our nations collectively can no longer live on rented sovereignty.

Bektaten

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 07:46:26 PM »
OOC: this reply is for the first message and would have been sent before the events described in Bektaten's second message.

Bektaten,

I admire your courage to go head on against the internationalist powers publicly and to call on their hypocrisy for all to see. And while I agree that facing the same adversity, an international cartel that is bent on seeing Midaranye leveled like much of the rest of Mundus, helps bring the nations of Midaranye together it must not be the deciding factor or the foundation upon which we build our cooperation. We are not the SANE gathering, desperately coming together at the first sight of an enemy that outmatches us economically and military. And we are not like them because we have not lost our respect for ourselves, our distinctiveness and do not seek to cooperate in the same manner as the internationalists do. We must be careful that in our quest to oppose the them we do not become a mirror image of themselves. Let me best explain myself by referring to my friends the Soter of Seleucid. The relations between the Safavid and the Soter have developed steadily over the course of time as we have come to rely on each other in times of need. They know we have their back and we know they have ours and on that trust we have recently come to on an agreement that makes us not just friends but family. While in much of the rest of Mundus monarchs are quick to sign papers they call treaties promising all manner of things and trying to cover all scenarios because they do not trust each other, in Midaranye we do it differently. We have signed no papers with the Soter as we have become family for the foreseeable future rather than partners for a limited time. While it is obvious that common adversaries have helped bring us and the Soter closer together it is not the foundation for our relations. 

Bektaten, you have emerged out of isolation for a relatively short amount of time. It will take some time before people in Midaranye are willing to answer your call. That is not to say you are without friends, Tamora is fully committed to ever closer relations with Clysperis. My son Naser will soon arrive in Khezu and I hope his presence there will allow for a greater understanding and cooperation between us. He will be arriving at a time when the Kingdom of Thieves is trying to undue the work you have done to break the chains of poverty the Soviets have put your ancient kingdom in. So as a Safavid he will not be arriving empty handed, I have entrusted him with the power to use one billion dinars (USD) of the Imperial Wealth Fund towards investing in Clysperis’ infrastructure. What Seaforth will try to destroy with their sanctions, Tamora will replace helping bring our nations closer together. Your commitment to the wellbeing of your people is commendable and we will play our part in helping you turn Clysperis into the Jewel of Northern Midaranye, for only a strong kingdom can stand against the internationalist powers.

With that said, I believe it’s also worth considering the possibility what the knowledge we have gained from the Seaforth’s overreaction is a clear indication that the internationalist powers have their sight set on us. After all, they have yet to do anything about the Slavans despite their leader threatening the world with nuclear destruction. I believe they are expecting for you to follow the same path Tamora did and thus they are ready to hammer Clysperis with sanctions, running its economy the same way the Soviets did which will expose you to the domestic threats you told me about the last time we met.

It might be best if you surprise them and show them that Clysperis and Midaranye in general are more creative than that. It would also help us if the internationalists do not get any excuses like another incident in Midaranye and actually have to do something about the Slavans, not that I expect they will do much other than flatter him all day and bribe them in the hope that they will be stupid enough to actually disarm themselves.  Naser has offered to help by publicly asking you to reconsider the move should you agree to follow this course.

In the end I leave you with the wise words of your father that use to say that it is much easier to influence others aboard when your kingdom back home is prosperous and secure.

Abbas

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 07:29:33 AM »

Abbas,

Clysperis is truly blessed to have friends such as Tamora, though to call you mere friends feels as if I am demeaning how close our people really seem to be. You humble me with your words, actions and this generous program of assistance, and I can only thank you for guiding me. I had the best education that my father could provide, but with his assassination I did not have his guidance as to what to do with that information. You honour him and the friendship you held in taking time from your day to share your wisdom with me, and seeing that the sum of his work does not falter as easily as a reed bends in the wind.

We cannot be overt, we must not think of what happens tomorrow or what the world will look like in five years, but what will happen next year and what it will look like in 50 years time. I see a Midaranye that, like it was when my line ruled over Abydos, was a centre of scientific advancements, a key hub of trade and commerce, and commanded a reverence for knowledge which saw some of the greatest libraries ever constructed at any point in history. We have the jewels left by our ancestors, and now you show me that it is time that I leave some for those who will come after me.

Let us play this long game.

Bektaten

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2019, 09:18:39 PM »

Bektaten,

Just a few short months ago you were saying that we should think not what happens tomorrow but next year and how the world will look in 50 years time and more importantly how Midaranye will look then. In these few months you have lay the groundwork for an ambitious project that will change your country and potentially the region and I am glad we could offer assistance. Also during this time you have managed to capture the hearts of many Tamorans.

And speaking of capturing hearts, I have talked to my son Naser and he has informed me that the two of you seek to join your destinies together. Such a plan could greatly change how Midaranye will look in 50 years. It is something that has great implications for us as leaders of our kingdoms and for the people we lead.

This is why I invite you to Djerb to talk face to face about this and settle the matter as heads of our families. I look forward to seeing you again and I know that many Tamorans feel the same way.

Abbas

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2019, 06:21:13 AM »

Abbas,

I shall depart at my earliest convenience, if that is acceptable to you. I feel that the sooner we are sat face-to-face we may address the many implications and intricacies which lay before us, the manner in which Prince Naser and I have drawn more closely together, and the profound changes which would naturally be before the Kingdom and the Empire.

I look forward to seeing you, and the beautiful people of Tamora, once again.

Bektaten-Hesy-Re

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
The Khemnen-Djerb Line
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2019, 06:22:27 AM »

Abbas,

I have recently dispatched a message to the Emperor-Admiral of the SICR to see what possibilities there would be for cooperation, an alignment of foreign policy interests, and to hopefully have in our hands a means to prevent SANE from involving itself in the suppression of the rebellion.

Given the support of New Derusmia for the rebels and the SICR's alliance with New Derusmia via SANE, I am not quite certain that they may not have fully open ears to my propositions, unfortunately.

This is why I need your assistance, and insight, into the SICR. If you are capable and willing to lend me information which could be used to persuade a more open set of ears and consideration, it would be most appreciated. It is best to head into these talks well prepared and, if they should conclude successfully, our mutual positions will be stronger in regards to our ongoing struggle against the internationalist powers.

My many thanks;

Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Re: The Khemnen-Djerb Line
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2019, 05:00:57 PM »

Akasha,

SICR is a nation that has puzzled the staff of my foreign office and continues to do so. Despite our effort to engage with them they remain pretty much closed and distrustful. While stressing the common enemy we all share which is Rokkenjima will make them willing to hear you out it will not be enough to earn that trust or make them agree to anything. The “keys” to SICR are in Quintelia, at King Lapu. He is one of the few who they will listen to but developing mutual trust with Quintelia will take time and that is something which unfortunately we lack.

Therefore my suggestion is that if you want to block SANE from entering the war I think you need to offer something to SICR that is available to them only as an alliance and not their individual members, give their alliance a stake in the war and a reason for the other members to pressure New Derusmia to give in. Perhaps you can promise them a place at the table when the reconstruction of Clysperis take place, Quintelia has shown interest in Phubera and the aftermath there. I believe they would be interested in the renewal of Clysperis once we crush the rebels.

May the peace and mercy of God be with you.

Abbas

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2019, 06:59:29 PM »

Akasha,

I am sure that you have taken note of the recent offer made by the Morelanders in regards to taking in Clysperi refugees. I believe this is nothing but a publicity stunt aimed at bolstering the facade that they are trying to build at the expense of the suffering of the Clysperi people. We both know that Tamora has made an effort to take care of those refugees, will continue to do so and therefore their help is not needed. It is for this reason that I ask you to refuse their offer.

I look forward to your reply.

Abbas

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2019, 07:55:55 PM »

Abbas,

I've noted the position of the Kingdom on this offer. As Tamora has already taken the lead in such affairs I feel that Clysperis is better served by those efforts, rather than a more Helusian-headed operation that could open the box of Pandora, from which who could tell what would follow next?

I would also like to take this opportunity to assure you that I shall hold nothing against Abuqiya, but it was a statement which demanded a response. I've given no concessions, nor have I been asked for concessions, and as such partner forces realize they operate within Clysperis fully in the support of Clysperi sovereignty and territorial integrity as we fumigate these pests from our lands. Once that goal is accomplished the need for their presence will evaporate, and they will go home.

Though I am concerned that the First Minister, despite having good vision and sharing our mutual concerns and objectives, is unable to see the bigger picture. We cannot establish Midaranye as a bubble isolated from the whole of Mundus, doing so will only invite the next intrusion upon our sovereignty and the freedom of our Peoples to live according to their faiths and principles. We must recognize that, having friendly voices from those beyond our shores, is a cornerstone in supporting the Midaranye future we all desire. If you could impress upon them, to look beyond and to see the grander scheme which is being built, I would be most appreciative.

Akasha

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2019, 05:42:45 PM »

Akasha,

I am extremely pleased that we are in agreement regarding the Helusian offer and thank you for noting the Kingdom’s position. I expect that with both of our governments speaking clearly on the matter we will convince the other countries in MidAranye to follow our lead and choose a regional approach on the refugee issue rather than accept the Helusians’ help.

On the disagreement with the First Minister, I have to say that I share many of his concerns regarding the presence of coalition troops in Clysperis. I understand that you have given no concessions and were not asked to give any but it is not only about this. You do not know for sure that they will leave when asked. Remember that they share different values than ours and once they are well entrenched in Clysperis they might just “happen” to discover “human rights abuses” and find it “necessary” to remain in order to “protect” the population from the rightful government of the country. Though my intelligence services have not found any evidence of this plan, they are not that well infiltrated in those countries that we can rule out the possibility that this is their plan. The governments of MidAranye have disagreements on various issues but opposition to foreign troops in MidAranye, especially in such high numbers that we cannot control, has not been one of them.

If you remember, during the last meeting we had I said that needlessly antagonizing Achkaerin was not a good idea and that we do not need to put them in the same pot with the Helusians or CNN. You agreed but stated that we must remain vigilant regarding them and you were right. I and say that it would be prudent to remain vigilant about them and the rest of the  coalition.

I am also not advocating that we should not make friends with other nations, and I doubt the First Minister would do it either. Tamora’s foreign affairs department is working on developing relations with  various nations across Mundus. However, we should develop relations on our terms and preferably not by risking the security of the region. I think this is the essence of the First Minister’s concerns regarding your recent decision.

Also, I would remind you Akasha that you were extremely vocal against Heydar when he retaliated against the Maori provocations. You then saw the risks of having a coalition force close to MidAranye so I believe you understand the kind of risks those coalition forces bring and why that raises issues. I would also add that should they indeed decide to remain against your will, they would be very hard to dislodge. Even the most daring of my  generals do not believe that the Tamoran military can liberate all Clysperis from their hands without huge costs over a long period of time. You are my soon the be daughter in law and the Safavids to not abandon their friends and family should the worse happen but please understand that we can’t do miracles and that it is best to be prudent and not needlessly risk the security and independence of Clyperis for potential diplomatic gains which may or may not materialize. 

Abbas

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2020, 06:02:17 PM »

Akasha,

It pleases me greatly that we can now celebrate your victory over those that through treachery tried to steal your throne. Clysperis has been through so much and despite this it has still maintained its traditions and the path laid before it by their ancestors.

Since you are now victorious, I believe how you approach the reconstruction and unification of Clysperis is of critical importance. I believe that you have the chance to be of the monarchs that can shape Clysperis for the next centuries and that is why I would like to offer you some advice about what measures you should take in my opinion:

1.   I believe this is the perfect time to reintroduce the practice of slavery when dealing with those that hurt your kingdom, its people and attempted to kill you and my son. Not only will it be justice for their crimes but it will also be a restoration of a practice banned by Soviets.
2.   In order to avoid such movements from taking root ever again in Clysperis, I believe your government should consider adjusting the education curriculum in schools in order to have students be inspired to love their country and be thankful to Divinity.
3.   In order to counter foreign influence that proved so damaging to Clysperis I believe in the future the Clysperis government should look to promote Parthian as the preferred foreign language to learn as opposed to Latin (ooc: or English or whatever the lingua franca of Mundus is). Parthian is the majority language in MidAranye and having as many Clysperi as possible learning it will bring the kingdom closer to MidAranye in general and Tamora in particular.
4.   A sustained effort must be made to seek out those that had ties with the rebels and be brought to justice. While Common Defense league holds many of the rebels fighters in custody and the Tamoran troops hold some that will be returned as soon as the CDL has the infrastructure to take them in, that is only part of the apparatus that allowed Nekhtou’s government to function and have a separate state: there are functionaries, businessmen, teachers and others that made possible the daily functioning of his so called “confederacy”.  The task is massive and Tamora can help in this regard to seek and root out those that supported, benefited and made possible for the “confederacy” to function and to wage war against Clysperis.
5.   Now that the “confederacy” is no more and their assets are now taken back by the kingdom of Clysperis, it should be considered what will be done to the assets of those that supported the “confederacy”. While some of them should go the Clysperi government some perhaps should be given to those Clysperi who have shown great loyalty and dedication when the kingdom needed those the most. Rewarding those that worked hard, were loyal and made sacrifices for Clysperis is something that should be a priority. It is them that you can count on to help rebuild Clysperis on your own terms.
6.   We should use this as an opportunity to create stronger economic ties between our countries with the objective of ensuring economic integration between our two countries.  That would allow Tamoran investment to flow freely in Clysperis and help rebuild the country.
7.   Particular attention should be given to trying to return refugees that are now in various MidAranye countries. As far as Tamora is concerned they can stay here indefinitely and we can take in more of them but you should take the time to address the refuges that reside in other MidAranye states before they become wary and raise concerns. As I said, Tamora is ready to accept relocation of those refugees in Tamora if Clysperis cannot take them in.
8.   We should immediately work together to try an attract funding to rebuild your infrastructure or the Clysperi people will soon begin to become discontent. I will see to it that that Tamora release two billion dinars(usd) from our Wealth Funds to begin immediate investments in your infrastructure but Clysperis will need more especially since a large part of your finances are used to fund the monthly stipend. Tamora stands ready to help you should you want to us to organize a MidAranye reconstruction effort or have other plans. Alternatively, I can have my Foreign Office begin a campaign to attract investments for Clysperis. 

The task of rebuilding Clysperis is great but with you in charge I have all the confidence that not only can it be achieved but also be done in a matter that makes Clysperis stronger in the long term.
Let me know what you think and if there are other ways that Tamora can help you.

Abbas

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2020, 12:13:49 PM »

Akasha,

Allow me to congratulate you on handling the New Derusmian affair with great care and diplomacy and securing access to their fifth generation fighters. This is no small victory for Clysperis and MidAranye, both in terms of diplomacy and military.

I would like to ask you a favor. Once the fighters have been delivered to Clysperis we would like your Armed forces to provide us access to the planes in order to be able to better understand the technology, reverse engineer it where possible and help improve the capabilities of the Tamoran Armed Forces so that MidAranye is better defended which will be for the benefit of all MidAranye countries. 

Abbas

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2020, 01:39:25 PM »

To her Majesty, Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re, Sovereign of Sovereigns, Divine of Appearance, Beloved of Amun, Chosen of Ra, Lord of the Three Lands, Ruler of Justice like Ra, High Priest of Every Temple, the Eye of Horus, Satisfied is the heart of Ra.

Your Majesty, I would like to thank you for the kind and humbling words with which you have honored me in your latest interview.  I am extremely pleased to receive such praise for the work I have done in the service of the Tamoran people. I would like to take the opportunity to express my great respect for your work as sovereign of the kingdom of Clysperis and the efforts you have done to root out disruptive elements in your country, restore traditions and at the same time provide a loud and clear voice against the foreign powers that encroach on MidAranye. The fact that Your Majesty will also be my daughter in law is something that I am grateful and thank God daily in my prayers.

On a different note, I would like to ask the permission of Your Majesty to visit your ancient kingdom. It is extremely regrettable that because of my work I have visited countries on two other continents but I have not had the chance to visit the kingdom of my future daughter in law. Should Your Majesty agree to the visit, I would like, aside for a private audience with Your Majesty, to also make room in Your Majesty’s schedule to visit with me one of the children orphanages that have been built thanks to the 4C charity.

I look forward to the reply of Your Majesty.

Alya Safavid
First Wife of Emperor Abbas

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2020, 06:26:03 AM »

Abbas,

Recognizing that the strategy I have detailed in regards to Izhitsa is a delicate affair and, realizing this approach may fail, I wish to have an effective mechanism in place to effect a Clysperi adoption of the Tamoran approach. To these ends I am authorizing shipments from the Royal Stores to Tamora where, once I am confident that failure is imminent, the Empire may dispatch with swift and immediate action Clysperi food stuffs to be distributed in the name of the Monarchists. These prepositioning shipments will begin to be transported to the Empire in the coming hours and I trust you shall see that they are positioned for transport to Izhitsa as quickly as you are capable of.

Fleuroix influence in the region is something which would be a threat, not only to Midaranye but the whole of Midaranye. So often we have seen foreigners bring with them their ideas to impose upon our Peoples, and I feel that Fleur getting a boot in the door (so to say) under the cover of aid operations would be a development which wholly opens the door to an Izhitsa which is increasingly brought into the orbit of Fleur. We cannot allow that to transpire.

I look forward to working with you on this and apologize if my pursuit of another strategy has caused any undue hardships. Our ultimate goals remain aligned in the end, and if I am proven to be wrong I'm putting in place the mechanisms to ensure success. I shall keep you updated as things progress here at the Council.

Akasha

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2021, 01:57:58 PM »

Akasha,

I hope all is well in Khemnen with you and Naser. I look forward to your wedding.

I will be frank, after watching with some interest the latest exchange between you and my co-father-in-law I have to ask what do you hope to achieve with the latest accusations against him? The both of us know very well that he will not apologize so it’s safe to say that your objectives go beyond merely expecting an apology. So I am very much interested in hearing them since both of us know very well the risks such public “debates” pose for MidAranye.

I wish you all be best,

Abbas

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2021, 04:18:04 PM »

Abbas just finished another security meeting. Week after week one the pending issue was that of the Achkaerin troops in Clysperis. He wanted them gone months ago but for some reason it seemed they were still in Clysperis. He decided to call Akasha to deal with the issue at the highest level. They both had a direct line so reaching her was not an issue:

“Hello! This is Abbas speaking. How are you my dear? I would like to ask you about our dear “friends” the Achkaerins, why are they not gone yet? I understand that coming from that frozen North they have every reason to want to stay here but unfortunately for them not everyone can stay in MidAranye. Are they giving you any trouble in packing their things?”

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2021, 08:20:17 PM »

Akasha,

I believe the recent blunder of the Achkaerin of sending a carrier group in relation to the civil war in Parbhani offers us an opportunity. Would you be willing to have our foreign offices (ooc: Clysperi and Tamoran ones) issue a joint statement of support to the Parbhani and condemning the actions of Achkaerin? Should we play this right, we might make another friend which might support us in our efforts against the Occidental powers.
Let me know what you think.

Abbas

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2021, 08:22:25 PM »
OOC: And catching up, my apologies!

"I will be seeing that the Achkaerinese return home as they should," Akasha replied. "This will consist of a visit to Midvale where I will raise the issue directly with Crown Princess Serenity. It is, naturally, my aim that this decision for them to depart will be secured before my departure from the Holy Empire. All is within hand, and all shall proceed as mandated by destiny."

Abbas,

The matter of the Achkaerinese deployment is one which is complicated, I feel there is more beneath the surface. I will hopefully have some answers after speaking with Crown Princess Serenity and, I must admit, I share concerns over the developments and what they may mean for our region. The Holy Empire is not beholden to the Occident, their independence and pursuit of justice even when that justice does not conform to their ideologies and beliefs has, at least to me, proven they are worthy of trust. I ask that you have faith that this placement of trust is not taken in error, and that it will prove beneficial to our interests moving forward.

I will keep you up-to-date as I learn.

Akasha

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2022, 09:05:34 AM »

Abbas,

I have tried patiently, yet Royal Seleucid under King Heydar remains willing to undermine me and Clysperis at every opportunity they have. Presently, and I share this with you in confidence, the Royal Clysperi Cyber Operations Directorate is preparing options for cyber attacks against critical RS infrastructure, including the Gigafactory, while I have directed the Royal Clysperi Armed Forces to prepare kill options against King Heydar, who I have declared an existential threat to the Kingdom of Clysperis and its Government due to his continued campaigns against myself and the Kingdom.

I know he is considered a friend to you, but I can hold my hand no longer. He directs his anger not only against the Kingdom but also leads Midaranye toward a dangerous path, focused not on what is best for our region but only upon what is best for him. If he will not make peace with Clysperis and persists, I can only assume he intends to be my enemy, and I will not sit back and wait for him to make the first move. If you have any information that would allow me to make a more informed decision I would naturally appreciate it. Until that time, however, I will not allow my nation to sit on the side as a most pressing threat brews to our south.

Akasha

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2022, 06:35:06 AM »

When you state you are aiming a cyber attack on the Gigafactory you confess that you are aiming an attack at Tamora. This treachery stretches even further as by even considering such an attack you attack my property, your families property. When you married my son I was proud to think that I had a strong Pharoah as a daughter in law. I see now however that I have a woman who places no value on family. Whether you wish to accept the fact or not both you and Heydar are connected to me through the bond of marriage. One day Thekla....a Soter by birth, will sit next to the throne of the Emperor of Tamora, do you suspect that she will accept the murder of her brother? What you propose is not to remove someone heading down a dangerous path but you propose to leap headlong down it and plunge our homelands into a war. When Prince Golzar succeeds his assassinated father he will be keen for revenge and I would not blame him.

I urge you to cool your temper. Heydar has of course said things you find hurtful but this is the way of international politics. When push came to shove however you had in Heydar a King who without hesitation gave aid to me during your civil war, not because I had asked for it but because it was the correct thing to do. Heydar wishes for a stable Midaranye. The animosity between you has served its purpose and while I fear he will be too proud to give an apology the fact he has sought to offer co-operation with your nation should be clear enough to show you his true intent. Meanwhile as he looks to the region to build a brighter future you have had your head turned by Achkaerin and forsaken your true homeland of Midaranye. Think carefully upon your next step. You have positioned Clysperis to have the potential to have a bright future, to step rashly and murder my friend would jeapodise all you have achived

Ooc -post approved by Markus

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2022, 01:43:38 PM »

Father,

One does not take actions without being willing to accept the consequences those actions bring. Heydar's actions toward my wife have created the conditions which exist today resulting in the deficit of trust between Clysperis and Royal Seleucid and, regardless of Heydar's actions during the Clysperi war on terror, the present climate of Clysperi-Seleucid relations is of his own creation. Let us not forget that his actions, not Akasha's, brought the fleets of the internationalists to the waters of Midaranye? When Akasha is speaking of the threat posed to Midaranye by Heydar she speaks to his disregard for the region in his actions, which was showcased precisely when he stole an Iwi gas tanker.

"If you have any information that would allow me to make a more informed decision I would naturally appreciate it. Until that time, however, I will not allow my nation to sit on the side as a most pressing threat brews to our south."

You alone have the power to sit these two in a room where they can resolve these issues, where we can see Clysperis rejoin OPEN, and where we can all move forward from this affair without Midaranye states unnecessarily undermining and attacking each other. Instead of taking the actions prescribed Akasha came to you for insight and advice, hardly the actions of one who places no value on family or the interests of the region. That Akasha has been pushed to the extremes you describe is telling of the seriousness of the situation here in Khemnen, and I only wish you would place equal value and concern upon my wife as you do King Heydar.

Tamora has long brokered for the stability and tranquility of Midaranye. I trust you to do so again.

Seti

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2022, 05:45:07 AM »

Abbas,

Prior to our recent schism we enjoyed one of the most open relationships between any two leaders on Mundus with a sharing agreement which would make few outside of the Rokkenjima-Dartfordia relationship jealous, so you must understand why I was amused when the news broke of the Tamoran Colonel concerned about war crimes committed during the conflict against Nekhtou. Certainly the information we exchanged during those times exceeds the clearance he had access to and both you and I know that our forces conducted themselves within the confines presented: we both agreed to abide by the terms of the Uppsala Convention and following review our forces met those conditions, therefore I already know it's a fraudulent effort. I could expect the Heyrans to attempt such a foolish ruse but for you to join with them in that ruse? I am somewhat insulted.

I won't be so blatant with the media and will give you an opportunity to save face in this ordeal, as while I feel you are wrong on many matters I do not hate you and view you as family, even if misguided. But I warn you now, should you attempt another such stunt which has the potential to harm the Clysperi economy in this manner I will not view it as a mistake or oversight on your part; I will view it as an active measure of the Tamoran Empire to harm my Kingdom and its interests, two things I will most certainly defend to the death. Let's not have to speak in this manner in the future, and do not take me for a fool again.

Akasha

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2022, 10:42:41 PM »

As you state we both know more than this Colonel and as such you and I both know that upon investigation anything he states will be shown to be false. With that obvious matter being the case then it would be crazy to assume that I have any involvement in this matter. There is nothing for me to gain in this situation as by harming Clysperis we harm our own investments there. I am insulted that you are accusing me of such. Even when having my own economic holdings threatened I do not take action against you for despite your constant mistrust, threats and accustations levelled against me you are still married to my son. This however will be the last time I will tolerate such acts against us. Had I wanted you to lose your crown by now it would be on somebody elses head.

You will note that in the next few hours an official statement on this turncoat will be issued. We consider this an end of the matter.