Author Topic: Discussing the Merinan Situation (Quintelia and Tamora)  (Read 1996 times)

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
Discussing the Merinan Situation (Quintelia and Tamora)
« on: April 17, 2020, 07:06:22 AM »
As soon as the results of the Merian tender were available it became clear that the Quintelian government had an interest in the affairs of Merina and were in part at least supportive of the government there.

Alya Safavid decided to arrange a call with Nora Sofia Aliena, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of Quintelia, to see if they could agree to some kind of joint support for the government of Merina.

As her staff motioned to her that the secure call was ready, she picked off the phone:

“Ms. Aliena? Thank you so much for agreeing to this call on such a short notice. I will try to keep it short and therefore get to the point.

I believe you are aware of the developments in Merina since your government has also won part of the tender to provide military equipment for the Merinan government. The Tamoran government fully supports the government of Merina and is trying to help them suppress the ongoing revolt and terrorist elements that threaten the stability of the country. I would like to know what is the position of the Quintelian government on this matter and if it is interested in a potential joint support for the Merinan government?”

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
  • Hallo, Ich bin eine Filipino.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Quintelia, Socram and Sarandib
Re: Discussing the Merinan Situation (Quintelia and Tamora)
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 05:06:04 PM »
"Ma'am Safavid, did I pronounce that right?" Sofia replied, closing the door in her gym. “And please, just call me Sofia.” She sat down on the bench, adjusting her earpiece.

“Of course, I am well aware of our somewhat classified shipments to the Merinan government, and with the shipment of essential supplies, we may seem that we support the Merinan government in their situation. However, as far as the King and I are concerned, we are taking a neutral stance and aside for offers to purchase resources, we will have a very limited involvement in the Merinan crisis.” She paused for a while, to catch her breath. “In the meantime, if the situation worsens and threatens Quintelia or SANE, then yes, we will consider a joint task force with your nation.”

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2020, 03:05:15 PM »
“Sofia, is there anything that Tamora can do that will make the Quintelian government consider at least a diplomatic support of the government of Merina? Without any other support than that."

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
  • Hallo, Ich bin eine Filipino.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Quintelia, Socram and Sarandib
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2020, 07:59:53 PM »
"I suppose that there's nothing Tamora could do to hasten support for the Merinan government. The last time we decided to support a foreign government during their crisis, a world power responded with threats and parked their navy right on our backyard as a show of power. Now, I have been restless for the past few months until their Empress steps down miraculously. Now that I recall it, it was you, Ma'am Safavid, who asked for help in supporting the Melos administration." Sofia took a deep breath before continuing. "I'm sorry, but like I said, only when the Merinan crisis takes a turn and directly threatens Quintelia, SANE, or any of our allies, will we consider to support Merina."

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2020, 05:01:20 PM »
"Yes, that world power. I understand your concerns Sofia. Should the Quintelian government decide to change its position, please do give me a call. "