Author Topic: Talks regarding Merina (Tamora and Soleimani)  (Read 1790 times)

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
Talks regarding Merina (Tamora and Soleimani)
« on: June 04, 2020, 04:12:51 PM »

Confidential Message

Addressed to the Republic of Soleimani, to His Excellency Executive Senator of Soleimani Ronan Minstra

I am writing following the announcement that the Republic of Soleimani is considering supporting one of the terrorist factions in the Republic of Merina. While that is of course within the right of the Soleimani Republic to do so, I believe it is not in the best interest of the Republic and I will explain below why.

Firstly, supporting a rebel faction against the government of a country creates a dangerous precedent for your Republic. Your Republic has recently known unrest between your people, often leading to tensions between the North and the South and by sending armed support to a rebel faction in Merina it invites other countries to do the same should ever, God forbid, the situation in your country escalate.

Secondly, President Nguessa has already promised to hold elections after the war is over. Would it not be in the interest of the Merinian people to support the government in its efforts to stop the terrorists and then seek to pressure him to have democratic reforms in exchange for the support his been given? The Merinan government under his leadership holds control over 50 percent of the population of Merina. Supporting factions that seek to overthrow the government will create chaos in much of the country.

Thirdly, I would advise not to follow the rhetoric of the Republic of Fleur. Not only is there no evidence of democratic leanings in regards to the "faction" they support but it is likely that their support is almost exclusively related to ethnic or cultural reasons as that "faction" has many speakers of French, their native tongue. The Republic of Fleur puts the interests of the French speaking minority above the interests of the Merinan people.

Lastly, I would like to warn you that such a military support for the terrorists in Merina would put the Soleimani Republic in the position to aid those that fight against the Tamoran troops stationed in Merina. It would a terrible and regrettable action for a majority Muslim country to be in the position to actively support and even use its armed forces against a majority Manist country. Such a thing has no precedent in modern history and I assure you that it will lead to a split between the Islam and Manist religions that will undo the huge progress that has been achieved in recent centuries. We should be looking at the kingdoms of East Moreland, Seaforth and Bakkermaya and the immense influence they yield in no small part because, as members of the same faith, remain if not always united then at least do not raise weapons against one another. They understand that such an act, despite their differences of opinion, will divide their faith and eventually weaken them all to the betterment of their competitors.

The Soleimani Republic has the chance to improve relations with the Tamoran Empire and also help the Merinan people. We stand ready to help the Soleimani Republic to provide aid to the Merinan people in the government controlled areas. The Tamoran Empire is also willing to coordinate with the Soleimani Republic to provide help to refugee centers in Aosta and Marseilles,  provided that those governments agree to the help of course. I believe such a course of action will be not just in the interests of the Soleimani Republic but also of the Merinan people, our religions and Mundus peace.

With the hope of better future relations between in mind, I look forward to your reply.

Abbas Safavid
Emperor of Tamora