Roleplay > Convention Centre

Niameck Fashion Week 2024 - Socialite's Thread

<< < (2/2)

Abertone:
Marco returned Adelheid's curtsy with a small bow. "Princess I must congratulate you on a wonderful fashion week, my understanding is that its gone very well. Sadly my understanding of fashion is somewhat limited, I simply have the good fortune to have a wonderful staff who organise that kind of thing for me. I do however enjoy a good soiree." he smiled as he took a glass of champagne. "As for visiting your homeland you're kind of right. This is my first time here as Emperor, however as a young man I was never supposed to inherit the throne and in those care free days I travelled Mundus a lot but only as a mere tourist, while I enjoyed it I sadly did not get to sample events such as this" He waved his glass gesturing to the room. "As for speaking the the Speaker of the Elder Senate....I hope I got that correct....I'd be delighted to speak to anyone who wishes, after all isn't that kind of what events like this are about?" He added "As for Lady Tonya I believe if your looking for fashion advice then a Lodjain is not a bad place to go to for advice. Now if someone should want to buy a fashionable Lodjain a thank you gift for looking after him what would be a good idea?"

Norgeras:
"Hearing you say that you weren't the intended heir, reminds me a little of Orion. My poor dearest cousin lost most of his Siblings and family in the blink of an eye, and not even yet quite thirteen was suddenly the Emperor. Even if my brother as his regent did most of the day to day burdens in the past years, it wasn't an easy time. The whole Bride show is weighing heavily on him, too. As much as he's banging on about his duty he is gay after all."

she shrugs with a smile:

"As for gifts for Lodjians? I assure you the Queen of East Moreland is a better judge there than i am. If you compare Uburzian and Lodjian women, i'd say they are an elegant Arrow to Pierce your heart. We are a thrown brick to knock you out and drag you into our cave."

Adelheid gave a hand wave towards Mathilda, drawing the attention of the grayed lady in the wavy purple silk toga.

She walked over and nodded towards adelheid, before bowing slightly to Marco:

"Your Highness, what a surprise! I hadn't expected your visit!"

Mathilda's demeanor was more stiff than Adelheid's, her military years visible in her every move.

"I was just talking to Miss Herrlich, our usual supplier for the Elder Senate's traditional Toga's. You should talk to her if you ever come for an official visit so we can get you some ahead of time."

Abertone:
The Emperor was not exactly too keen to discuss toga fashion with anyone and while the discussion took place kept glancing over towards Tonya. He however had been told by his cousin Graziano that he should seek to arrange more formal interactions. "Perhaps we can make arrangements for in the future a more formal visit between our nations."

Meanwhile while various people had been talking Carmela De Angelis. The 28 year old was the effective business brain of the De Angelis family having taken over their micro-bank business in 2021 and then utilising those funds to make the family even more wealthy than they already had been. In the past few months Carmela had been doing her best to ensure the family became not just a financial powerhouse within Abertone but also a political one and despite being member of a "Secret Society" known as the Onyx Club she believed that even that organisation wasn't living up to its aim of advancing the Empire. She therefore was here with the intention of going a little bit freelance. She had arrived to tap up several of the younger designers, giving out her companies business card and flyers to encourage them to maybe seek investment. That piece of banking business complete she spotted that Adelheid was now free from any of her guests for a moment and swooped in. "Good evening Your Highness" Carmela said as she approached. "I'm Carmelo De Angelis, CEO of MicroCreditBank and I'd like to congratulate you on a fine week. I wonder if perhaps I can speak to you about a little project I have in mind." She steered them towards a quieter part of the venue. "I'm sure that you may have heard rumours of things such as secret societies and clubs that exist well I've kind of been inspired by the idea of them a little" She lied, being a member of one meant she knew exactly how they work. "In Abertone we live in a world where I'm sorry to say we have a corrupt Catholic church turning a blind eye to the sin of our Emperor, we have a world where often success is determined not by what you know but by who you know. I want to be a success, you clearly do too so as a result I think we should get to know each other better. Not just us two but a group of well connected ladies working together to enrich our lives but also help others reach their aims. I plan on creating a kind of discreet network of properties for us to utilise, a network of investment opportunities, mentoring and various other aspects to help its members . I would like you to join me in this effort and as I glance around this room I can think of a few others we could also bring on board."

Norgeras:
Mathilda took note that the foreign Emperor's gaze shifted back to the woman attending him, and with a sly grin she shrugged:

"Oh i am sure there will be plenty of time for that once you have to be the emperor again. Tonight i assume you wish to enjoy the high life that comes with it for a little. Though, i do know a couple good places to stay around several port towns. During my time leading the Mermaids i did come around the world a lot."

She took a sip of champagne, before the old hag leaned in closer to him:

"And if the Lodjan Lady there decides to be busy this evening, i'll let my Security detail know to let your through. If you're as adventurous as they say, that is."

Adelheid knew little about Carmela herself, but the way she talked about secret societies made her either a foolish young girl like herself ten years ago, or the woman would love to join the ones hiding in Uburzis. Adelheid made a mental note to let some of her associates know. But business came first, and De Angelis was poking a Hornets nest Adelheid wondered she might not be quite aware off:

"Ah, yes the corrupt Catholics. Let their Zealots run wild and kidnap and murder children and then later on act as if nothing was their fault, am i right? Do yourself a favor, don't talk about them near Augustin over there, he had a bit of a run in with the pope at the time."

Adelheid glanced over to the prince trying to make conversation with his best friends stepmother, before her eyes darted back to Carmela:

"As for a secret societies, you are right at the Center. We talk, we make moves, we Backstab and plot. Honestly? Politics and International gatherings are less of a Vipers nest than Model Agencies. But i know what you are getting at, tell you what. If you ever need a good contact to understand the Pitfalls of getting onto Uburzian Markets, give me a call."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version