Author Topic: Sarajevo Times - Slava Lavosk News Service  (Read 12084 times)

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Seaforth
Sarajevo Times - Slava Lavosk News Service
« on: May 23, 2018, 08:52:50 PM »
Industrial Recycling Plant Announced

Balkan Industries has broken ground on a new industrial recycling plant in Slava Lavosk. The new complex is actually an improvement and expansion of an existing chemical production plant. The new complex will specialize in the recovery and processing of industrial waste into it's precursor components. As part of this process, the plant will operate several sub-systems including a gaseous centrifuge separation plant, a gaseous diffusion separation plant, and a chemical exchange separation plant. These sub-systems will allow the industrial complex to reprocess a wide array of industrial waste and by-products. Balkan Industries is also currently looking for international partners looking to improve the environmental footprint of thier companies or nations. President Vaclav Kravec was on hand at the ground breaking ceremony.

"Slava Lovosk is a pround and industrious nation. One that cares deeply for it's people and the planet as a whole. To do our part to leave a better world for not just our children, but all children of Mundus, Balkan Industries...in partnership with my government, will actively reduce industrial waste and by products by recyling them back into thier component elements. Slava Lavosk is proud to extend its hand in friendship and work with other nations and foreign companies to reduce and reuse thier own industrial waste products and help us reduce the environmental impact of progress."

The retooling and expansion is expected to take up to six months, with full production being attained in 9 months.

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
Re: Sarajevo Times - Slava Lavosk News Service
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 07:47:12 PM »
SLAVA LAVOSK REACTIVATES NUCLEAR REACTOR

Citing increased strain on it's internal power grid, the Republic of Slava Lavosk has said it was forced to reactivate a nuclear reactor to provide additional power to the grid. Initially, the reactor was shut down due to poor uranium stockpiles and the republic was forced to switch over to a purely coal fired energy generation system. President Kravec had this to say:

"Yes, we have activated the nuclear reactor, and we intend to do more. Coal fired power plants are a thing of the past. They are not environmentally sound and our people deserve breathable air. So to step into time with an environmentally concious Mundus we will be transforming our power generation over to nuclear, augmented by renewable resources once the switch is complete. To this end, Slava Lavosk will be looking for international partners to secure a consistent source of uranium as well as contract to build us a modern, safer, cleaner reactor than the one we just reactivated."

The nuclear reactor recently activated was completed in 1962 and lacks some of the modern safeguards and environmental systems present in modern reactors.

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 05:29:11 PM »
President Vaclav Kravec Responds To Medak Incident

"Slava Lavosk's national day is a time of celebration and patriotism for all of our citizens of whatever heritage they claim. It is not a day for teenage political statement and provocation. You want to wear a Tamoran flag shirt? Go ahead. You have 363 days to choose from. To wear it, as a citizen of Slava Lavosk, in Slava Lavosk, on our national day is deliberate and insulting. The suspension was entirely warranted and appropriate."

The area around Medak, commonly referred to as the Medak Pocket, has long been a zone of contention. Geogrphically, it is on the other side of the Lavosk mountains, and a natural continuation of the Tamoran lowlands. It has a high percentage of people who claim Tamoran heritage, as well. The city of Medak and the Medak Pocket, however, is still primarily Slavic. There has been a small but growing movement in the pocket for separation from Slava Lavosk over the last few decades.

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 07:56:24 PM »
Slava Troops Reinforce Border and Medak Pocket

In the wake of statements made by Emperor Benson II and Empress Beatrice, President Vaclav Kravec has directed Slavic forces into the Medak Pockets and along the border with Tamora. Unconfirmed reports indicate that citizens of Medak that appear to be of Tamoran heritage are being detained, questioned and dispossessed. High school student Dilara Haghighi, who previously displayed the Tamoran flag in a inappropriate venue has been reported as missing by her parents. With reports of 'detainment camps' on the rise, President Kravec has stated that he will not allow slavers to take advantage of his people.

"The Tamorans are attempting to spread their inhumane beliefs into Slava Lavosk. Even now, citizens of Slava Lavosk who's true loyalty lies with Tamora are attempting to establish a waypoint for the slave trade in the Medak Pocket. We will end these 'Trade Routes' by sealing the border and detaining any citizen suspected of engaging in human trafficking and seizing any assets determined to have come from the slave trade or supported it."

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2018, 10:06:43 PM »
President Kravec Rails Against Slavery, Dismisses Empress Beatrice

From the capital of Slava Lavosk, President Kravec made an impassioned speech.

"The slaver regime in Tamora has rightly been called out by the international community. These immoral, inhumane chattel slavers are a plague upon all of humanity. Slava Lavosk will not stand to have these swine establishing themselves within our borders. These monsters came to our country under false pretenses. They took over the Medak Pocket and from there have established an underground slave trade, ripping innocent and hard working slavs from their homes, away from their families. These treacherous people then, under the cover of darkness, steal them away across the border...never to be heard from again."

"We will not tolerate this any longer. Slava Lavosk is now strong and becoming stronger every day. We are strong enough now to end this travesty. These are traitors and criminals and we will treat them as such. We thought to have a friend against slavery in the Empress Beatrice. We gave her the benefit of the doubt, but the criminal double talker has betrayed us. Barely out of prison herself,  she condemns us for legally enforcing our laws against treason, against human trafficking. We seize assets obtained from the bones of our people, our children. We take away their blood money and she says WE have to be accountable?"

"The people of Slava Lavosk to not persecute. We PROSECUTE. The Tamoran traitors are criminals because of their crimes, not the colour of their skin or because they once hailed from a vapid, poisonous nation of soulless criminals. Any baseless lies about internment camps or whatever is just that, a lie. Some Tamorans are being held in clean, secure detention centers until the scope of the charges against them can be determined and criminal proceedings begun."

The crowds cheered throughout the speech. At the end, President Kravec received a standing ovation with chants of FREE SLAVS! and PROSECUTE! PROSECUTE! PROSECUTE! Echoing long after he left the podium.

"In completely unrelated news, Dilara Haghighi has been found guilty of insurrection, treason and human trafficking. Tried as an adult before the Slavan Tribunal, in a vote of 5-0, she has been sentenced to death. The date of execution has yet to be set."

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2018, 08:37:31 PM »
Borland Finds Allies in Tamora

In the wake of yet another cowardly terrorist attack perpetrated by Kyle Barren and the "Borlanders". It is unsurprising then that mere hours later, the slavers and anti-human rights Tamoran's declared their support for the terrorist nation by recognizing the Principality of Northern Borland. As slavers and terrorists are natural allies, it only makes sense that Tamora sponsors and supports terrorism. President Kravec declared the Borland/Tamoran alliance as the new "Axis of Evil" and called for international condemnation and investigation into Tamoran culpability and aid in perpetrating the newest wave of death and violence. #Borlamoran is now trending on twitter.

Slava Lavosk Increases Border Security

As part of Slavan plans to secure the Tamoran border close the slaver pipeline, the Slava Lavosk Border Security Agency has entered into an agreement with East Moreland's SmartWar. President Kravec and SmartWar CEO Martin Dawson released a joint statement detailing the loan of 5 RoboGuards autonomous land units to the Slavan Guards for securing the border and patrolling for incursions.

"With a slaver problem in Slava Lavosk and the need for more real-time data for SmartWar, the loan is a win-win for both nations." said a representative of Smart War.

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2018, 09:58:27 PM »
Bishop Vasic Condemns The Supreme Ayatollah
Calls Upon Pope Peter To Do Likewise

During his sermon from Sarajevo Cathedral, Bishop Marko Vasic condemned the The Supreme Ayatollah from Tamora, accusing him of incting violence during an already heated situation.

"It is a very intense time in Mundus. As the Borlanders spread death and misery across the world, The Supreme Ayatollah in Tamora whips his flock into a frenzy, calling on mass civil unrest and protests on the border of a foreign and Christian nation. In a time when religious leaders should stand at the front and call for peace, love and tolerance, this man stands at the back, sharpening his pitchfork and prodding his people forward into violence, while closing access to worship to his followers that do not."

"The Ayatollah calls on his people to protest for as long as it takes, railing against his people in 'detention centers' in Slava Lavosk while millions are held in bondage and servitude in his own nation. The Ayatollah wants a massive protest? I agree! Protest against corrupting power! Protest against an Emperor that holds his people in slavery! Protest a government that steals the products of your labours! Protest an Ayatollah that uses your faith as a cudgel to beat you into submission! Protest an Ayatollah that threatens to cut you off from religious services if you do not follow his commands! I hope the steets of Tamora are filled with protestors. I pray to God that my Tamoran neighbours are freed from the power and manipulation of the Emperor and the Ayatollah. I pray that all Tamoran's experience the love of God. That their crops are bountiful. Their children healthy. I pray that one day the people of Tamora live in the peace and freedom that they deserve."

"In the name of the Father..."

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2018, 06:36:21 AM »
Slavan Authotities Release Confession Video

Authorities in Slava Lavosk have released a short video of a Tamoran citizen of Slava Lavosk confessing to his part in the abduction of Slav citizens and smuggling them back into Tamora for sale in the Tamoran Slave Trade.

As the video starts, the viewers see a Tamoran man in his mid 40’s. He is disheveled, tired and obviously distressed though he bears no sign of physical abuse. He is clearly reading a prepared statement.

“My name is Khalid Haghighi. I am the father of Dilari Haghighi. I wish to offer my full confession in regards to my part in the Tamoran slave trade. I moved my family to Slava Lavosk for the express purpose of scouting out and enslaving Slavs. I kidnapped men women and children. I drugged them. I beat them. I smuggled them across the border into Tamora where I sold them. Some resisted and were killed. My daughter was a knowing and active participant in my activities. I often used her as bait to lure men. She had sex with these men, drank and did drugs. When these men were not paying attention, my wife and I would come in and subdue them. Usually with a tazer. I confess I did all these things. I beg forgiveness from the Slavan court.”

Mimicing the pleas of the Ayatollah, Presisent Kravec countered:

“I call upon the Emperor and the Ayatollah to free the slaves! Release Tamoran and Slavic slaves held in servitude. Spare yourselves the Burning Hellfire that surely awaits those that would bind what God himself made FREE!”

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2018, 08:09:33 PM »
President Kravec Calls Out MCUR Signatories

Speaking from the Capitol, President Vaclav Kravec called upon the signatories of the MCUR to finally act against the horrific practice of slavery, still rampant in the Tamoran Empire.

"...And so we find ourselves once again alone and it falls to us to oppose the specter of slavery and naked aggression in Mundus. The so called powers of Mundus do nothing in the face of 40 million slaves held captive in Tamora. And they say nothing. Last week a family crashed a truck through the Tamoran border guards to find safety in Slava Lavosk. And they said nothing. How many millions of slaves does Tamora need before the world speaks? Do those 40 MILLION PEOPLE NOT MATTER?! That is HALF the population of East Moreland! 40 Million people endure slavery and the signatories ask no questions, launch no investigations. Not a single statement or vague promise...

...what of Tamora? A nation of slavers so arrogant and self sure that they can fully admit to slavery and the world doesn't even bat an eye! Is it oil perhaps? Royal Selucid and Tamora have formed an oil consortium and the world wants it. They commit crimes against humanity and the MCUR with one hand and pour oil down the gullets of the greedy with the other. Slava has oil! Do we sell to whomever? No! Seaforth, our old enemies, have drilled so many holes in the Great North Sea im surprised it hasn't drained yet....but there are no slaves there either. Even now those two nations, while conspiring to control the oil reserves of Mundus are also allying militarily. The billions of dollars they get from their oil goes to a single place...the military. They enslave millions of people, seek to control strategic reserves and resources and enter into a military buildup and NO ONE EVEN NOTICES!

....How many times have we heard the 'Scourge of the USR' and vows to never again let it happen. IT IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW! Beneath your very noses. If the world powers fail to act, the lofty words and pretty speeches mean nothing and the MCUR isn't worth the paper it is written on. Do not let another USR rise again, I beg you. Ask the questions....investigate. Help us free the oppressed, to liberate our brothers and sisters of humanity."

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2018, 09:49:06 PM »

Schism In The Catholic Church!!

In the wake of Tamoran adventurism in Zimalia and the continued use of slaves, catholic faithful feel betrayed by Pope Peter, not just in Slava Lavosk, but around the world. Religious leaders from the orthodox church, namely Bishop Marko Vasic, have repeatedly spoken out against not just Pope Peter's failure to speak against the practice of slavery, but what appears to be his tacit approval. In Sarajevo, Bishop Vasic gave a impassioned speech deploring slavery, Pope Peter and the nations actively working with Tamora, specifically Royal Seleucid, Heyra and Rokkenjima.

In his speech, the Bishop refered to the MCUR as a "meaningless joke" and the signatories vapid, soulless, vipers without empathy, compassion or tolerance. The speech was well received in many parts of Mundus and in a startling development, Bishop Vasic has accomplished something the Pope's have not been able to do. In Slava Lavosk at any rate, the Orthodox and Catholic faiths have joined as one under the catholic church. By acclaim, Bishop Marko Vasic has been elevated to Pope of the Catholic Church and has taken the name Thaddeus. Pope Thaddeus immediately called upon the faithful to pressure their political leaders to take action against Tamora. It is significant that at the beginning of his speech, Pope Thaddeus refered to Pope Peter as "Peter The Roman" and then "Peter the Moneychanger". Save for those two instances, the new Pope then only referred to the "former" Pope by his name, Alexander Deed.

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2018, 06:35:44 PM »
Interview With Anti-Pope Thaddeus

The Sarajevo Times is pleased to present you an exclusive interview with Bishop Marko Vasic, head of the Orthodox Church in Slava Lavosk and now proclaimed Pope of the Slavan Catholics. Presenting is special guest Tara McLeod of the Seaforth News Network.

Tara McLeod:
Welcome viewers. to Sarajevo. Here with me is religious leader Bishop Marko Vasic, and acclaimed Pope of the Catholic Church. Welcome Bishop.

Marko Vasic: Thank you, Tara.

TM: Bishop, alot has happened in just a few short hours. Can you give the viewer a brief rundown of what exactly happend?

MV: Of course. My cousins in faith feel they have been abandoned by Pope Peter and his overly beauraucratic ideology. Slava Lovosk sits on the border of an enslaving Empire, the last known on Mundus. Even now the Medak Pocket is a hotbed of contention between our nations. In all of this I have maintained a steady and unwavering opposition to the practice of slavery. I have called upon Pope Peter to condem the practice to no avail. I have called upon the signatories of the MCUR to speak and act and for the longest time none did anything.  Eventually, Tim Carpenter founded the Freestone Abolitionist Society and East Moreland, Lodja and finaly the Kingdom of Seaforth responded. Pope Peter? He takes a trip there.

Feeling increasingly abandoned, my catholic cousins sought compassioned leadership and turned to me as what they feel is an example of that. In the spirit of cooperations, church leaders in Slava Lavosk, from both the orthodox and catholic churches met to discuss our path forward. Passions ran high and in the wave of spiritual emotion, the fathers, in what they call popular acclaim, named me to lead them.

TM: They proclaimed you Pope?

MV: Yes, they did.

TM: Why did you accept?

MV: A flock needs a shepard. They felt they had none.

TM: So you became Pope? Are you Catholic now?

MV: I am Bishop Vasic to the Orthodox and Pope Thaddeus to the Catholics. I felt it was important to differentiate the two so, as uncomfortable as I am with the title, I accepted the acclaim and named myself Thaddeus...but I am not Catholic and reports that the Orthodox and Catholic churches are unified are....in error.

TM: Pope Peter has called you an Anti-Pope. How do you feel about that?

MV: I guess I am the Anti-Pope. Pope Peter...and I never should have refered to him as anything but Pope Peter II, is free to refer to me any way he chooses. Look, the Slavan catholics are lost...and I am helping to get them found. I may be Anti-Pope for a day, a month or the rest of my life. I just don't know. I do know that I will not abandon this flock, whatever the outcome.

TM: You claimed Pope Peter had a 'overly beaureaucratic ideology'. Can you explain that?

MV: Pope Peter focus's too much on his literal interpretaion of some passages. The things at the forefront of his mind are invitro fetilization and abortion. I think he has even made position statements on euthanasia, though I may be in error. It's all ideological dogma. Here in Slava Lavosk, orthodox and catholics alike yearn for a simpler, compassioned and empathetic clergy. A return to our basic tenants.  Feed the poor, tend the sick. Educate the unlearned and spread the Word of God. In the eyes of the Lord, the rite of baptism confirms that all men and women were created equal by the Lord. In his eyes, slavery is a mortal sin and no man shall bind what God himself has given free will.

TM: Would you consider talks with Pope Peter?

MV: I think at this time I would require an unequivical denunciation of slavery, in all forms, from Pope Peter before that were to happen.

TM: Thank you Bishop Vasic for speaking with me today. Any final words for our viewers?

MV: One who would not be a slave must keep no slave of his own. God Bless you and Keep you all.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 07:02:34 PM by Rhodes »

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2018, 05:57:47 AM »
Tamoran Crusaders Continue To Brutalize Zimalia

The Empire of Tamora continues to use it's vast slave labour pool to project it's colonial aspiration onto the poor nation of Zimalia. Under the veil of "Foreign Aid" the Tamorans continue to bring large sections of Zimalia under it's control or outright ownership.

The influence peddlers hold the nation in a state of fear based upon what can only be described as "medical bio-terrorism" by propagating a false epidemic of AIDS. This disease, while shortening lifespan is not a primary killer and is treated by common antiretroviral drugs and transmission is easily curbed by proper body substance isolation among healthcare workers, education and prophylactives like latex condoms.

Tamora claiming that AIDS is "one of the gravest problems" facing Zimalia is an outright lie. Do they claim that starvation is killing people? No. Poor access to clean water? No. Poor Sanitation? No. Dysentry, malaria, famine and diseases associated with chronically poor healthcare kill exponentially more people than this AIDS farce. A dozen health threats and Tamora focus on the one that is a long term health concern that allows then to exert control on influence on the Zimalian people.

Hand in hand with this bio-medical terrorism is the continued practice of forced convertion, a fact that Slava Lavosk had been forced to deal with for years.

Here we see another poor Zimalian girl forced into a hijab. There is no smile, no expression of joy. Just scared thin lips as the girl grits her teeth, choked by the cloth until she says the words the Tamorans demand to hear. For the people of Zimalia that find themselves under the cruel ministrations of MAZ, the choice is simple,  "accept" the Prophet or die.

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2018, 10:08:37 PM »
President Kravec Responds To Rokkenjima

From the Presidential residence in Sarajevo, President Vaclav Kravec responds to the verbal attacks levied against Slava Lavosk by Empress Beatrice of Rokkenjima.

"I am wholly confused by this latest attack. These Tamorans living in the Medak Pocket are citizens of Slava Lavosk. This is an internal matter. I will, however, speak on it briefly. Tamorans are a slave trading monstrosity of a people. They disregard our borders and take our people, Tamoran and Slavic alike, in the Medak Pocket and beyond...it matters not. These people, often young girls are then smuggled back across the border to a life of slavery in Tamora. The world does nothing. Says nothing. No forgive me...they chant FREE DILARA! FREE DILARA! At the top of their lungs. Never mind that she aided and abetted in the slave trade. Never mind she committed treason and sedition. Never mind that she was found guilty in a court of law."

"Poor little Slava has 300 million Tamoran and Selucid neighbors that would see us dead and broken. Now the Empress of 150 million more ignores 40 million slaves in Tamora...including Slavan citizens...while she drinks tea and wiggles her rump at Emperor Abbas. Two filthy rich Emperors deigning to scoff at our poor little and our democratically elected officials."

"In an effort to curb criminal activity in the Medak Pocket, including the slave trade, that area is under martial law. We do have approximately 10,000 citizens in a series of detainment camps on the east side of the mountains that separate the Medak Pocket from the rest of Slava Lavosk. All of this is entirely within our laws and they are treated humanely. See how open we are? How transparent? If only Rokkenjima and Tamora could be the same. If only someone on Mundus would not fall for the lies of the Emperor's Club. Who would take our hand in friendship? Who would stand against slavery? Surely we cannot be alone."

Bishop Vasic Prays For Tamora

On the heels of President Kravec's speech, Bishop Vasic led prayers in Sarajevo and broadcast across the country. The Bishop prayed for peace and prosperity for Slava Lavosk and Orthodox Tamorans, he prayed for temperance, wisdom and understanding among world leaders and the Bishop offered prayers for the safe return of Fairuza Kuto.

Following the led prayers, Bishop Vasic then made a short statement speaking out against the detention camps in Slava Lavosk, referring to them twice as "internment camps" and once as "concentration camps". He implored President Kravec to find a quick solution to the crisis and called upon his patriarchy to donate food, blankets and warm clothing in the anticipation of the coming snows.

Famed political commentator and cartoonist, Bill Wallace
Reprinted from Seaforth News Network, Paper Edition
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 05:48:23 AM by Rhodes »

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2018, 07:29:20 PM »
President Kravec Confirms Haghighi Execution

President Vaclav has conformed the execution of Dilara Haghighi will proceed. Her appointed attorney reported the Supreme Court of Slava Lavosk has denied his final appeal and the final barrier, the signature of the President, was affixed to the execution document this morning.

In a shocking twist, the President cited the Iwi series of executions of Royal Seleucid war criminals and the validation of historical and cultural sensitivity, namely world acceptance of the brutal Iwi executions, to approve a manner of execution not seen in Slava Lavosk for quite some time. 17 year old Dilara Haghighi, who turns 18 in November, having been duly convicted in a court of law of treason, engaging in the slave trade, kidnapping and sedition. Having been sentenced to death. Having expired her appeals to both the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court. Having failed to convince President Kravec to commute her sentence will, on the day after her 18th birthday, be crucified in Treblinka Prison at 12:00 noon.

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2018, 01:50:02 AM »
Riot Suppressed At Detention Camps.

Detainees at the Tamoran internment cap in Slava Lavosk descended into animal like behavior, throwing garbage, food and feces around thier camps, into guard shacks and at guards. The scene of anarchy caused several thousand dollars in damages and injured 3 guardsmen. In response, the Slavan guards were forced to protect themselves and the other detainees as well by actively suppressing the riot. The susequent violence caused by the detainees resulted in the deaths of 63 detainees and the further injury of two more guards.

President Kravec decried the violence accusing the Tamorans of showing thier true colours as a “pack of wild animals, with subhuman intelligence and no moral or higher purpose.” Kravec further commented “Is it no wonder they see no problem with slavery. They should all be in chains, no better then a manged dog.”

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2018, 07:04:26 PM »
Slava Lavosk Mines Gulf Of Aaraxis

With the further military escalation in the Midaranye Slavan military units are finally mobilized. The Slavan navy has put to sea in the Gulf of Aaraxis with the SLS Lavosk, the flagship of the Slava Lavosk Navy conducting a live fire missile exercise. That completed, the rest of the fleet has reportedly begun to mine the Gulf Of Aaraxis. Confirmed reports indicate the fleet is mining the edges of its territorial waters with unconfirmed reports that Slavan vessels are also dropping mines further out into the gulf, in international waters.

According to President Vaclav Kravec, the increased readiness comes directly as a result of the IRN Excelsior's announced deployment to the Gulf of Aaraxis and the subsequent response from Royal Seleucid. President Kravec also acknowledged the suspension of the SmartWar license, reflecting that the patrol buggies were "invaluable to the security of our border". The President thanked SmartWar for it's assistance and vowed to renew the business relationship when feasible. To Protect SmartWar property, President Kravec has ordered the withdrawal of the buggies from the border until such a time as they can be returned to SmartWar or the license is renewed by King David. With the resulting loss of detection and interdiction ability in the removal of the SmartWar buggies, the Slavan military has moved several artillery and air defense batteries in to cover "near-border" engagements.

Sadly, the highly effective patrol buggies are already missed. An incursion occured shortly after the withdrawal of the buggies. In the early morning hours, Tamoran citizens, who would have been detected and interdicted by the buggies were found deep within Slavan territory. These Tamoran civilians, beleived to be active in the slave trade, engaged with slavan troops and retreated to the Tamoran border. There, Tamoran Border Guards, believeing their people to be under attack, took the Slavs under fire. In the ensuing skirmish, The Tamoran Border Guards  crossed over into Slava Lavosk. The entire incident resulted in 3 Tamoran Border Guards dead in Slava Lavosk and once captured. The captured Tamoran soldier was returned, along with the bodies of the other Tamorans soldiers. The bodies of 2 dead Tamoran citizens were retained for identification and 7 Tamoran citizens were sent to the detainment camps for identification and questioning. Slavan authorities report 4 of thier own border guards were killed and another two injured.

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2019, 11:59:14 PM »
Kravec Supports Task Force Eloise

President Kravec issued a statement today supporting the East Moreland and Bakkermayan Task Force aimed at Royal Seleucid.

"...The Seleucids are long time allies of the Tamorans. It is no surprise to me that they also persecute those of different religions. They are two peas in a pod. Now, while I don't desire conflict, sometimes a righteous conflict is required to curb the evil transgretions. A great crusade aginst the Evil Empires of Tamora and Royal Seleucid is now required. We are pleased that the Holy Empire of Achkaerin has accepted our invitation by dispatching the INS Anezaki Ayanami. We also welcome the support of East Moreland, Bakkermaya and to our great surprise....now Seaforth. The corrupt murderers and slavers of these two empires will soon fall to the Great Crusade! The Second Great War! To support our allies, the ports of Slava Lavosk are open to ships of East Moreland and Bakkermaya for refueling and resupply. God bless them and God Bless Slava Lavosk."

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2019, 03:53:57 AM »
President Kravec Responds To Rokkenjiman Posturing.

In a statement today from Sarajevo, President Kravec resppnded to Empress Beatrice's threats:

"Slava Lavosk is a sovereign nation. The traitor and criminal Dilara Haghighi was tried by our courts and found guilty. She was then sentenced as per our laws. As a sovereign nation we need no 'independent investigation' or 'oversight'. Will Rokkenjima submit it's court system to foreign 'independent investigation' or foreign 'oversight'? What nation would ever consider that? What head of state would be so arrogant as to call for that of another nation? Does this Empress demand 'independent investigation' and 'oversight' of the East Moreland legal system? Dartfordia? No, of course she doesn't."

"Slava Lavosk will attend it's own internal issues, the same as any other nation. We will protect our borders and way of life from those foreigners that would wish to take our lives, our land and destroy our culture. In addition to that, as President of Slava Lavosk, I swear to fight slavery in all it's forms and nothing will dissuade me from that goal. I will stand shoulder to shoulder with any nation that thinks likewise. In regards to slavery, I see no shades of grey, only black and white. To deprive a person of thier own free will is a crime of the darkest order and is deserving of the cross."

"Now that the First Empire of Rokkenjima has threatened my nation and declared it's hostile intent, I have no choice but to place the Slavan Armed Forces on the highest alert short of a declaration of war.  Slavan troops are now massing on the Seleucid border. A state of martial law is declared for the Medak Pocketand troops are reinforcing that area. I have also ordered naval and coast guard units to redouble efforts to fully mine the approaches to Slavan waters as well as areas of the entire Gulf of Auraxis. We are prepared to defend ourselves Empress. Are your people prepared to die?"

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2019, 06:49:25 PM »
Release From Presidential Offices

Emperess Beatrice,

You have threatened my nation with deadly reprisals. There can be no discussion while your fleets and strategic missiles threaten the lives of my people. For discussion to take place I will require you to stand down your Strategic Rocket Corp. Beacause of your threats, I will also require your fleet to not only leave the vicinity of the Gulf of Auraxis but return to its home waters, either your base in Dartfordia or Rokennjiman waters. If you do this, I would be willing to enter into discussions with you.

Kravec.

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2019, 08:39:02 PM »
PRESS RELEASE

From the Presidential Palace in Sarajevo:

The Republic of Slava Lavosk officially acknowledges the issue of a fatwa calling for jihad against our nation as well as the Emperor Abbas' comments in support of the fatwa and his unreasonable demands for the ceeding of the Medak Pocket. Slava Lavosk considers this an overt declaration of war by Tamora as a result of President Kravec calling out the Tamoran Empire for it's reprehensible practice of chattel slavery in the face of overwhelming apathy from the nations of Mundus as a whole. We believe that the invasion of Slava Lavosk by Tamora is imminent. Our people will not be silenced nor enslaved. We will resist.

Any nation believed to be supporting the Tamoran Empire in it's aims will likewise be considered a belligerent. This includes moving military forces from home waters to within striking distance of Slava Lavosk. To be completely transparent we are specifically referring to both fleets of the First Empire of Rokkenjima.
The combined assets of the Cultists, Celts and Achkaerinese are unlikely to require the unasked for 'assistance' of the Rokkenjiman Navy and due to Empress Beatrice's relationship with the Tamoran Empire, we consider the movement of vessels toward the Gulf of Auraxis as well the blatantly false assertation of 'support' for the Morelanders to be nothing more than the prepositioning of assets prior to hostile action.

To Empress Beatrice, you have 12 hours to turn around your vessels. At that time we will consider your continued advance towards The Republic of Slava Lavosk to be an Act of War. Should your vessels turn around, we would be willing to discuss our mutual concerns at a neutral location under the auspices of a third party. We will under no circumstances allow any of our dignataries or leadership travel to Rokkenjima.

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2019, 08:26:44 PM »
Dilara Returned!

Marko Vasic, Bishop of Sarajevo and premier religious authoirity in Slava Lavosk has once again called upon the faithful. In a stirring sermon from Treblinka Prison, Vasic called for peace, mercy and compassion to be at the forefront of Orthodox prayers in the coming days. Bishop Vasic went on to condemn the Slavan Justice who ordered the manner of Dilara Highaghi's execution and that of her father. Bishop Vasic turned his ire towards President Kravec and accused him of pride and hubris in not overturning or commuting the sentence. The Bishop railed against the threats of force and using starving Midaranyeans to further political goals and prayed that the Supreme Ayatollah would rescind his fatwa.

Bishop Vasic then made good on an earlier promise and demanded prison officials turn over the bodies of Dilara and her father into his care. Several hundred of Vasic's most devoted followers stood with him while thier crowd swelled as his sermon was rebroadcast. After several hours, prison officials aquiesced to his demands. The bodies where then loaded into trucks and Bishop Vasic and his people went north to the Lavosk Mountains and the pass leading to the Medak Pocket. At the heavily fortified and guarded pass, the parishoners were denied further advance. After another several hours of standoff and multiple threats of excommunication, the procession was allowed to dismount and continue on foot onto the Medak Pocket.

With the sun setting and the whole pocket under martial law, the funeral procession continued through the City of Medak under torchlight. Alternating between song and prayer, the people marched the twin coffins carrying the remains of Highaghi's to the Tamoran border, with Slavan military units parting the way before them. Shortly before noon Bishop Vasic approached the Tamoran border, alone. After a short but tense negotiation the Slavan Orthodox procession transferred the coffins over to a Tamoran military unit.

President Kravec commented on the event:

"...although I did not pass judgement on Dilara or her father, although I did not choose the sentence...I did have the authority and opportunity to overturn or commute the sentence proscribed. Perhaps my inaction in the matter was a mistake....time will tell."

Tremors In Lavosk Mountains.

The Geological Society of Slava Lavask has reported minor tremors detected in the Lavosk Mountains. The was no reported damage to local infrastructure and only a small landslide was reported. The Geological Society has estimated the tremors as a minor aftershock of  the undersea earthquake reported earlier this year. That earthquake was responsible for the massive Tsunami that devastated the Barnacle Islands. The aftershock was recorded as 1.9 on the richter scale.

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2019, 10:35:39 PM »
Slava Lavosk Sends Aid To Socram

While the plague of locusts have continued to ravage the Midaranye, creating widespread crop devastation and a resulting food shortage, the island of Socram was not untouched. Northern Socram was overwhelmed by an admittedly smaller swarm than that which struck Royal Seleucid. The Republic of Slava Lavosk, working in conjunction with the Socram Agricultural Minister, has agreed to send pesticide teams to aid in the control of the insects as well as several thousand tons of food and seed grain for the northern farmers to plant for the next growing season.

President Kravec continues to represent the very best of Mundus, offering his hand to his suffering Midaranye neighbours whilst under threat of attack from hostile Tamora and a Manist fatwa. In a speech announcing the agreement with Socram, President Kravec spoke of the need to not just cultivate friends and allies in the regions, but also the need to make truly moral choices in the face of threats, politics and the influences of the deadly sins.

"Even now we are told to be reasonable and peaceful in the face of threats of war and violence. We are told we have an 'offer' before us. We are 'invited' to Rokkenjima to talk while Rokkenjima intends to park a fleet behind little Socram, well within missile range. If I go to Rokkenjima, who said I will ever leave? I ask the Empress to pull both of her fleets back beyond missile range and she agrees to half that. For all intents and purposes, 150 missiles aimed at Slava Lavosk is the same as 300 missiles aimed at us. She clearly is using the situation in Royal Seleucid to keep a weapon at the throat of Slava Lavosk. I ask for a third party neutral host and I am accused of turning my nose up at the offer to talk. I will not be dictated to. I have been reasonable in my demands. One cannot engage in open and honest diplomacy with a knife at their throat and I cannot compromise the safety of my nation. I decline the Empress Beatrice's calculated and insincere offer and will instead focus my efforts on the defense of my nation, continue to foster good relationships with my good hearted neighbours and strive to improve the human condition to the best of my ability."

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2019, 08:48:19 PM »
Official Response To The CNN

To the nations of the CNN.

I hear your words and they are empty and hollow. The Republic of Slava Lavosk is under threat of war and death. We are 47 million people alone against an empire of 250 million. That empire has declared war, it's religious leaders have declared a jihad. The Tamoran Empire gathers it's allies in Rokkenjima and Quintelia and we are surrounded. Why? because we spoke out against slavery. There are as many slaves in Tamora as there are people in Slava Lavosk. Where were you when war was declared against our little nation? Where was anyone when mighty Tamora declared war on Slava Lavosk?

We have no need to reassure the international community of anything, as the international community is apparently fine with slaves and sees no reason to aid Slava Lavosk in our time of need. I fear no action from the CNN. Why would I when Tamora is prepared to wipe us out? Two of the CNN nations are even signatories to the MCUR and your military does nothing about Tamoran slaves or an illegal war. Therefore your word means nothing. You ignore your own signature of one document and act to uphold another based on an "educated guess" by one General and the lies of our overt enemy. How very narrow minded. How gullible. I hereby deny any nuclear weapons program. General Rhodes is mistaken in that regard, though I very much applaud his recommendations regarding Tamora. So bring your planes and bring your ships. Peer across our borders and look on the nothingness. But please turn your cameras on, for someone should record the Last Stand of Slava Lavosk as we fall and are made slaves by the Tamoran Empire.

But be warned. We will not bleed alone. Slava Lavosk is friends with our neighbor Socram. We wish Royal Seleucid would choose better friends, but we offer them no ill will either. We will not interfere with CNN assets in neutral or international waters or airspace, but hear this: By your own classification Jekar's Shield Missile Defence is a military asset. Any attempt to arm a nation that has openly declared hostilities against us with any weapon system...from a sharpened stick to Jekar's Shield Missile Defence system...will be considered a declaration of war and we will act accordingly.

Vaclav Kravec
President of Slava Lavosk

To the Unified Iwi:

I am most disappointed in your silence. Your nation knows the sting of slavery. The horrors. How hard would you fight if Royal Seleucid came back? How hard do you fight now? Where would you find your limits? Would there even be any?

To King David of East Moreland:

You are a hypocrite. You signed the MCUR and would watch us die and be made slaves. Where is the honour in that? What does your Code of Canley say? Instead of the CNN issuing statements about us, you should be standing with us against Evil Itself.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 10:59:15 PM by Rhodes »

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2019, 11:33:52 PM »
Kravec: I Told You so.

President Vaclav Kravec was interviewed on a slavan radio program yesterday. Highlights from that interview have been translated and reprinted for our international readers.

SR:

"Mr. President. The past few days have proven some astounding declarations by Tamora and non-Aranye nations. Can you bring us up to speed and provide some insight on these developments?"

VK:

"Certainly. Surprising absolutely none of my fellow slavs, the Tamoran Empire has officially endorsed the child soldier extremist Theocracy of Kaitaine as the official government of Kaitaine. This is an organization that manyof the world's nations have labeled as a terrorirst organization. The First Empire of Rokkenjima has done a 180 on Tamora, now labeling them as a state sponsor of Terrorism.

SR:

"I see. Any developments with Empress Beatrice.?"

VK:

"No. She had some harsh words for me. Hurt my feeling a bit, because of the love I have for my people. I think we can move beyond that though."

SR:

"How so?"

VK:

"It seems time and Tamora has proven me right. I warned all of Mundus of the threat that Tamora posed to all of us, but I cannot focus on just being right. I need to focus on how to move forward with this problem. I would like to again request that the IRN Enterprise and it's strike group remove itself from missile range. I would then request that the whole matter of the Midaranye be brought before the full membership of the CTO. It's really the only world platform we have to deal with this diplomatically."

SR:

"I see. What of East Moreland's declaration that they would install defensive weapon systems in Tamora? "

VK:

"I am saddened that they cannot see Tamora for what it is. Mr. Tim Carpenter and Ms. Lusk have gone through great effort to combat slavery and the Kingdom of East Moreland is trying to take credit for thier efforts. East Moreland is acting very bipolar on the whole matter. They oppose slavery, they defend Tamora, they issue sanctions against Tamora, now Tamora announces official support for the terrorist Theocracy of Kaitaine whom they themselves have declared terrorists."

SR:

"It seems complicated."

VK:

"Of course it is. I would like to withdraw my assertation that deploying the  missile defense system would be an act of war. I do this in the hope that East Moreland now sees Tamora for what they truly are and will reconsider deploying thier missile defense system to that nation."

SR:

"And the other nations mentioned?"

VK:

"What do we care if they deploy to Royal Seleucid or Socram? They are not threatening us. I will say this though. If...and I do stress IF, Slava Lavosk happened to come across a weapon such as a nuclear missile. It would be used purely in self defense, to prevent a conventional army that badly outnumbers us from destroying our nation."

SR:

"Thank you for your time Mr. President."

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2019, 01:15:14 AM »
Slava Lavosk Successfully Detonates Nuclear Weapon

President Vaclav Kravec confirmed today that the Republic Of Slava Lavosk is indeed a nuclear power. Slavan forces detonated a device located in an underground test bunker in the Lavosk Mountains. Confirmed by several independent sources, the device yeild is estimated at 30kT. This marks the first overt test concluded by Slava Lavosk after Mundus was warned by Joshua Rhodes and the Seaforth Intelligence Service known as the Blackwatch and after much denial by the Slavan President.

"Today the Republic of Slava Lavosk has secured it's future. Has ensured it's freedom. This defensive weapon will allow us the independence to live in peace in a Mundus gone mad. No longer will we fear mighty Tamora, recently named the 7th strongest nation on Mundus...a list we were left off of entirely. If the Tamorans or anyone else come for our blood and treasure, we will scour them from the world in nuclear fire!"

"Neither will we bow before the proposed Mundus Atomic Energy Agency. Proposed and endorsed by rich and powerful nations...these nations do not fear immediate conventional attack nor do they use their considerable power and influence to end the stain of slavery that still exists in Mundus. We refute their moral authority. We deny them the ability to determine our destiny."

News of this test sent the security services of Mundus scrambling as the questions came fast and furious. How much much material does Slava Lavosk possess? How many warheads? How large a warhead can they make? Why was this test a simple device detonation and not some type of missile launch? Will this end the idea of MAEA or will the rest of Mundus now support it unequivocally? Time will tell.

OOC: Nuclear detonation used with permission from the Roleplay Magistrate.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 06:20:32 AM by Rhodes »

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2019, 06:11:10 PM »
Paracambi Talks Stall

At the multi-nation talks in Paracambi, President Kravec has begun to take the international community, specifically the "Original Three" nuclear powers, to task. Unsurprisingly insults and vitriol came almost immediately from Empress Breatrice and the Rokkenjiman Empire. That Empire, as you know, is a close friend with the declared jihadists in Tamora and is currently attempting to blockade our nation with support from their historic 'Yes Men', and perennial wallflowers and milk sops in Tytor.

With no end to the insults in sight, President Kravec demanded an apology from Empress Beatrice and stormed out, appearing to stall the talks almost as they began. In an effort to combat the lies of Slava Lavosk's so-called human rights record, President Kravec has ordered the release of unedited footage from the detention camp in the Lavosk Mountains, containing approximately 10,000 Slavans of Tamoran descent.

The footage, documents detention camps, yes. But the camps appear to be made of solid structure, adequate to house the people in the Lavosk climate and contains schools, an infirmary and a large scale mess hall. The Iwi had been invited to tour the camps personally, though that tour never materialized for unknown reasons.

We here at the Sarajevo Times pray for President Kravec as he represents us, as the only elected leader of a nuclear power, at these talks.