Author Topic: Private channel Tamora - Royal Seleucid  (Read 2428 times)

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
Private channel Tamora - Royal Seleucid
« on: July 29, 2018, 06:49:42 PM »
OOC: I thought of having a thread where Tamora and RS communicate to one another when either of them is about to take action that might impact the other.

Addressed to His Majesty Akakios Soter, King of Royal Seleucid:

Old friend, allow me first to ask you to convey my thanks to Crown Prince Hadi and to you for your support shown for the protests. I would have issued a more formal and public statement but the peculiarities of Tamora's politics made that impossible. Please note that your support has been noticed and greatly appreciated.
   The reason I'm contacting you is because my Head of Foreign Affairs is about to go to Zimalia in an attempt to gain a foothold in their economy. As you probably know the situation is tense and there is no guarantee for success. There is even the possibility that the situation could end up badly for us even if we sign a deal since certain foreign powers do not know when to give up. With that being said, I wanted to ask you if you'd be interesting in investing there in the mining sector. My intent is that whatever deal we secure (if we secure any) would also include the Seleucid companies. Should the President not agree, we could arrange a subcontracting agreement. I only need to know if you are interested especially when considering the risks.   
   I look forward to your reply.

Your dear friend,
Abbas Safavid
Emperor of Tamora

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
Re: Private channel Tamora - Royal Seleucid
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 09:05:22 PM »

To:- His Majesty Emperor Abbas

Having received your telegram my father asked me to answer this on his behalf and deal with the business arrangements. RS Oil is a company that is 51% owned by our family and as such I act as its CEO. Our company has over two decades of experience when it comes to mining and oil extraction and would therefore be ideally placed to support you and your nation in any deal that you do manage to secure. We would be very interested in investiging in Zimalia and I believe that such a deal will be extremely beneficial for all parties involved. With that in mind I look forward to hearing of the successes of your foreign minister and even more to working with our nations closest friends.

We wish you well as always

Crown Prince Hadi

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 01:01:58 PM »
TO: His Royal Highness Crown Prince Hadi

I thought i should contact you directly as to not bother your father too much. We have managed to reach an agreement with the Zimalian President that will allow us to begin investing in their mining sector. We already have agreed on a mining site and we would like to share the operations there with you. I have attached there the details of the mining site, all the information provided by Zimalia, as well as the estimated "undocumented administrative costs" that will be required. In the papers I forwarded there are also the details I propose for our arrangement. I have the at most respect for your family and consider you close friends, so the offer reflects that, it shares both costs and profits equally. I do have one favor to ask and one warning to give. I have arranged for all Tamoran companies that do business in Zimalia to pay a 5%  voluntary contribution (from the net profits they get from the Zimalian operation) to our religious mission there. I cannot force your side to make that contribution but I would ask as a friend to contribute under the same arrangement as Tamoran companies do because otherwise the corporate nobles would be very upset about the unfair advantage among other things. As far as the warning is concerned, I have been informed that the Zimalian president it quick to change arrangements should he get a better offer, we are doing everything possible to have a generous relationship with him and one that also creates bonds of friendship. However, I do have to warn you that there is a risk he will do something unwise that could cause losses for the both us. This is something to keep in mind should you commit to the arrangement.

Please give your father and the rest of the family by best wishes.

Your friend,
Abbas Safavid
Emperor of Tamora

OOC:
1.I made a mistake in announcing the mining deal before sending this message. I hope you can agree this was sent before that as Abbas would have never let things reach that stage without informing RS first. 

2. The forwarded message includes all costs (as they can be estimated) and adds nothing under the table for Tamora. I thought it was best to not get into details about how the arrangement would work and instead focus on how profits and costs are divided (50-50, in our case). The voluntary mission contribution (5%)is separate and I look forward to see if RS agree or not to pay it. 

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 05:50:36 PM »
Addressed to His Majesty Akakios Soter, King of Royal Seleucid:

Please allow me to congratulate you on your recent announcement that you will a father to yet another child. You are truly bless to have a such large and growing family. 

However, there is a another issue I would like to approach: the Rokkejiman presence in the Gulf of Auraxis. As you have noticed, Tamora has been quiet on the issue despite the worries your military has expressed. Our silence on the matter was not caused by a lack of solidarity with the Royal Seleucid but based on our assessment that the Rokkenjimans are not there for you but for the Slavans. We have now received confirmation that is the case. While I understand the need of your kingdom to prepare itself for every possible scenario, please note when taking action that the Rokkanjimans have sent word as to why there are there and that should push come to shove, Tamora will be there to help.

I wish you and your wives all the best.

Your dear friend,
Abbas Safavid
Emperor of Tamora

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2018, 10:47:54 PM »

To my friend the Emperor

While I am honoured to recieve your congratulations I am more concerned by the growing tensions.

As you can be assured this nation of mine shall at all times stand shoulder to shoulder with our friends from Tamora. We have no trust for the Rokkenjimans, we have seen them give their word to their own allies and break them therefore even though they have sent word as to their true purpose we do not necessarily trust them. We have seen several times in the past the Rokkenjimans standing shoulder to shoulder with the Morelanders and you are well aware of our views on these vermin. We therefore will not be able to stand down our forces or cease our activity however you may tell the Rokkenjimans that we shall not fire first upon them unless their military vessels enter our waters. We also are concerned that their presence is causing impacts to international shipping, they may give the portent that they are there on anti piracy operations yet no such incidents have ever occurred mainly due to our nations active role in this field, I find it insulting to my nations military that they imply we are incapable of protecting home waters and feel the need to tell the world that they have come uninvited to carry out such operations. I urge you to keep these Rokkenjimans on a short leash as they are not to be trusted.

King Akakois.