Author Topic: The Falcon and the Fox: Akasha and Peter  (Read 6427 times)

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Re: The Falcon and the Fox: Akasha and Peter
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2021, 07:09:17 AM »
"If we've seen enough," Akasha said motioning to the assembled vehicles outside, "perhaps it's time to visit the Soviet Relic. We can build an army secure against any foreign adversary but it would all be for naught if we didn't address the ticking bomb in Nemphis. This will require a bit of a flight which I've already arranged. Do keep in mind when we arrive that while the plant itself is safe, it's still the site of active reactors: even if they're not generating power they're still operating, and the longer they operate the greater threat they pose to Clysperis and the region as a whole."

"There it is," Akasha said as the power plant came into view, "Nemphis Nuclear Station; it may not appear an overt threat to my Kingdom but it is perhaps our greatest adversary now that Nekhtou is behind us. It was in fact seen as a prize to be taken by Nekhtou, one which Intef kept from his reach with every resource available to him. Only Clysperi scientists have been allowed within to date, thus you can appreciate my desire for outside eyes to look over it and highlight any concerns which may be lurking within that my own people may not have observed. From there, I hope to secure your support in naming Nemphis an international trust of the MAEA, so that we may see it responsibly dismantled and replaced."

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2021, 11:05:22 PM »
"What you need Your Majesty is achievable." Peter said "I'm happy to have people come over and take a look at this if that's what you're asking. As for support for anything MAEA related, my understanding is that you've tabled this with the MAEA, further Clysperis is a member of that organisation so to put it honestly if Achkaerin wasn't prepared to support you in this you would already know it. My nation is committed to nuclear safety and to ensuring that the book on nuclear weapons, a book we along with others worked so hard to close, stays closed. You don't need to my support here you had it before this visit started."

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2021, 01:35:10 AM »
"Splendid," Akasha said with a smile, "I believe that does cover our defense oriented topics. I know there is much to be done, however, I do believe that working with our Northern neighbours is the best path toward placing Clysperis in a position not only to defend itself, but in helping those it considers allies. From what you have seen where do you think we should go from here?"

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2021, 02:57:40 AM »
"Well I believe I still owe you a dinner." Peter said "So why don't we head back to the palace, I can return your father's favor while the experts get everything drawn up, we can look over it and then I believe you promised a trip to Setri, how about if we're both happy when we see the detail of this we sign it there, in the city where the old meets the new?"

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2021, 06:52:18 PM »
"Yes," Akasha replied with a smile, "I'll send word to the Palace so everything is ready for you upon our arrival. Our visit to Setri will be my first in some weeks, so I'm also excited to see new things which have been done, I swear the city seems to grow each time I look at it."

Upon returning to the Palace Akasha was greeted by Seti, after which she turned to Peter. "We've a few things to discuss, however, the Palace staff may show you to the dining areas. This gives some time to get things set up and we'll join you there shortly."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2021, 05:18:58 PM »
Once they were alone Peter and Adam were almost instantly joined by Sakura. "Where do we stand?" Peter asked quietly
"Given the state of the Clysperi military equipment we're looking at likely the biggest arms package we've ever exported plus training time." Sakura said "The training is going to be the time consumer though. May need a different framing but we know what we're doing, plus it helps that we're phasing some stuff out of our military so there's stuff there for Clysperis if Akasha's interested."
"Cerberus?" Peter asked
"Short term definitely." Adam said "Long term we'll see."
"What's Anezaki cooking?" Peter asked
"I think she's doing venison." Sakura said "You did want traditional."
"I did." Peter said
"Anything I need to worry about while we wait?" Peter asked
"Not that I'm aware of." Sakura said

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2022, 10:00:01 PM »
Akasha took the opportunity to brief Seti on the developments, during which they agreed that it was apparent that Clysperis would need to look to the North to forge meaningful ties. "Midaranye has rejected the Kingdom," Akasha lamented, "and I do not believe that it is in our interests to challenge Royal Seleucid domination of the region in our present state. We won't forget about Midaranye though and, once we've acquired the strength, we will save the region from the boy in king's garments."

Rejoining the Achkaerinese Akasha noted the scents emanating from the kitchen. "I must say it smells delightful," she said as she took her seat.

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2022, 04:12:44 PM »
"Yes it does" Peter said waiting respectfully for Akasha to take her seat before he pulled out a chair for Renee and seated her first and then proceeded to take his own seat. A few minutes of chit chat later Anezaki, beaming from ear to ear, along with Becky stepped into the room leading a line of waiters.
"Your Majesty's, Royal Highness's, ladies and gentlemen." Anezaki said "Dinner tonight is roast venison with rosemary roast potatoes and vegetables, dessert prepared by my daughter is a traditional lemon cheesecake with ice cream. I hope you enjoy it."

Peter smiled and looked across at Akasha "I guess I would call this a taste of my home." he said

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2022, 05:33:43 AM »
Akasha was quite honestly impressed with the dishes, the tastes would certainly be new. "I don't believe any Clysperi has had venison since the ancient days," Akasha said, "and I've seen that some mulled wine is on the ready to accompany our dinner, in both alcoholic and non-alcoholic varieties. Fitting that one ancient taste here, one of your home, should be paired with another taste of the old days here."

"It is splendid," Akasha would say as dinner went on, "I am thankful that you have shared this experience with me." She would pick up a glass next to her and raise it, "To friends, to family, and to the future."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2022, 09:31:36 PM »
"The future." Peter said raising his own glass with a smile. It had been a good day, some agreements made, some hard work done, progress made. As the meal reached its conclusion Peter slid a folded sheet of paper over to Akasha "That's our proposal on modernising the Clysperi military - equipment, training and a couple of other provisions. Read it over tonight and tell me what you think in the morning."

"And if I may I would appreciate a word with your husband." Sakura said

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2022, 08:08:07 AM »
"I shall," Akasha said as she placed the paper to her side, shortly after looking over to Seti. "You may make use of the East Room, it gives me time to enjoy my desert."

Seti and Sakura were then directed to the East Room and, once both were seated, Seti motioned for Sakura to proceed.

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2022, 02:50:51 PM »
Sakura smiled a little "When your brother Jamshid was made heir apparent to Abbas you were named Vice Governor of the Tamora Central Bank, this puts you in the Tamoran financial world so I'm hoping you can answer this. The Tamoran Imperial Bank has a pretty wide net in Midaranye and abroad, this includes perhaps infamously a certain subsidiary. What I want to ask is to the best of your knowledge does the leadership of the Tamoran Imperial Bank, own the branches and subsidiaries abroad?"

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2022, 06:08:36 AM »
"You waste no time," he chuckled. "As you've gone straight to the point I shall do the same: as you know the Tamoran Imperial Bank is owned by the Church of Mani, yet do I understand properly that you wish to discuss daughter companies of the Bank? I may have answered your question with one of my own."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2022, 11:52:28 PM »
"You're as great at deduction as Sherlock Holmes" Sakura said "He's a fictional Achkaerinese detective, one of my nations many great literary characters. Yes I would like to discuss the daughter companies, in particular as I've intimated the ownership of those daughter companies."

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2022, 07:37:50 PM »
"This is about the Heyrans, isn't it?" he paused as one of the Palace staff set some drinks out before them, continuing after they left. "While they won't say anything outside these walls I'd rather not start gossip amongst the Palace staff. Now during my time with the Tamora Central Bank there was much I oversaw, and I would have to say that these daughter companies played an important role in the strategy of the Bank what, with foreign sanctions and increased scrutiny placed upon our region due to, shall we say, differing views on the allocation and utilization of human capital. Naturally in such dealings having a partner who has laws which promote an economy operating outside the scope of much if any scrutiny is an asset,  even greater a government that won't allow books to be made available no matter the amount of outside pressure."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2022, 08:58:24 PM »
"It's primarily about the Heyrans yes." Sakura said "Truth be told Heyran statements about their business practices combined with Elysium's geographic location have long had the vast majority of Mundus suspicious, the incorporation of the subsidiary in Elysium and subsequent debate that followed did nothing other than confirm those suspicions albeit without one critical piece of the jigsaw, a piece you can give." she paused a moment sipping her drink "I'm willing to bet that the leadership of TIB owns that subsidiary and I'm willing to bet they own all their international acquisitions, but I have nothing but suspicions. Are you prepared to confirm this? And are you prepared to go on the record?"

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2022, 11:27:23 PM »
“Until I met Akasha I was fairly certain the trajectory my life would take, the wives as well, it was a fairly safe future but one mostly predetermined. Now I’m a King in my own right, a figure many will be looking to in Contemporary Manism, I’ve made clear that I am my own man who has a voice that will differ from his father’s voice if necessary. Akasha is right that evolution is the state of life, that which is static is dead, though I’ve digressed.”

After a moment he nodded, “We’re sparking a powder keg, not just with the Heyrans but with the Empire, and our subsidiaries abroad such as here in Clysperis. Akasha has shown trust in you, following her father’s vision, come what May this must be done. You’ve my word.”

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2022, 03:34:13 PM »
"Powder kegs are often sparked when we come to moments of change like this." Sakura said "Last time I came to Midaranye I came to plead for the life of a young girl by the name of Dilara, the consequences of that day were sparked by among other things the outright murder of an innocent girl." she sighed "The slave trade has no business existing on Mundus, the very notion that someone can be owned has been dismissed, glass ceiling after glass ceiling shattered, chain after chain broken and it's well past time to draw the line." she took a breath "I'll make the arrangements and let's hope the end of the slave trade just got one step closer."

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2022, 07:10:05 AM »
"I fully agree," he said as he stood and extended his hand for a handshake. "Unfortunately in our world great focus is usually shown to those who directly commit such acts, rarely do we think of those who may, for example, enable slavers a window to interact with the legitimate international economic system. The picture must be fully looked at so as to appreciate the full depths of what is at play. However, I believe we should rejoin the others, as that lemon cheesecake is calling to me."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2022, 01:42:55 PM »
"And I wouldn't want anyone to miss that cheesecake." Sakura said shaking Naser's hand, she let Naser leave first and then took out her "Hi Elecktra, I did what you asked and he's onboard... tomorrow? Ok I'll get the embassy to sort you out, apparently we'll be in Setri so come lay it out." she hung up the phone and headed back to the dinner table, a slight nod to Peter as she did so, letting him know the outcome.

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2022, 01:51:54 PM »
As Seti re-entered the room he instantly gravitated toward Akasha, nuzzling briefly before resuming his seat and claiming a piece of the cheesecake before it was gone. "I've glanced at this sheet during dinner several times and it seems good from what I can see," Akasha would continue from discussions prior to Seti's return. "Mr. Economist, could you look over them too?" she chuckled, perhaps being ahead in a glass of wine with the others. Seti looked over the forms he had been handed, "I mean within 5 seconds I cannot give you a state policy answer, but I can say in a personal capacity the program appears to be solid. I would wish to crunch some numbers before...."

"I know," Akasha said taking his hand, "I missed you." Seti took his seat beside her, "And I you. It is good to have such company with us, to feel so relaxed after recent times, perhaps we should retire for the night and leave further business for tomorrow?" Akasha nodded, "That sounds good. Thank you all for a wonderful evening," Akasha said as she rose, "may we resume tomorrow?" Seti guided her in getting up from her seat," and they departed for the residential wing of the Palace.

The next day Akasha greeted her counterparts with warmth and a sharpened mind, "Good morning. We made great progress yesterday, shall we continue our pace today?"

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2022, 02:37:42 PM »
"Absolutely." Peter said "If you wish to do some number crunching I'm happy to be patient before we make that official, better to get something right than rush it, after all we are talking about the safety and security of your nation here. I believe today you were eager to show us Setri."

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2022, 10:23:27 PM »
"Indeed," Akasha replied, "I do believe we have some vehicles assembled and after a short drive we'll arrive."

After a ride no longer than thirty minutes Setri arose from the background and soon the Pharaoh and her guests were in a city which could very well be at home in Rokkenjima or Achkaerin. "We have seen the work of my predecessors and their people, now I'm pleased to show you the work of the Clysperi today. Setri, our generations great monument, the first "smart city" to be built within the Kingdom. I'm also working to position it as a key economic city in Midaranye and the North, a place of business and international trade, while providing fine jobs for Clysperi and foreigners alike. To do that I've been seeking international agreements, trade proposals, and the involvement of foreign companies as well. Perhaps you may know a few who would be interested?"

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2022, 02:02:22 PM »
Peter had to remind himself that he shouldn't make the obvious comparison here - Setri was impressive, but not perhaps as striking as Avalon though the fact that Avalon was fourteen years old, built on an artificial island and was therefore further down the road than Setri probably had an awful lot to do with that, it was possible in time that Setri would advance to that level but then again it seemed the two cities had differing priorities. The name was something else that made him grin he glanced Akasha Just how many bread crumbs did your father leave you? he wondered to himself as he looked around. "It needs a racetrack." Serenity said
"And just when I thought we were going to get through a visit without the petrol head coming out." Simon said

"If it's trade you wish to talk about then allow me to introduce you to Viola." Peter said once Akasha had finished speaking, he glanced at Sienna who waved Viola Summers over "This is Viola Summers she's Achkaerin's Minister of Trade."

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2022, 11:56:28 PM »
"I'm sure we could see one arranged," Akasha winked, before looking to Viola. "I'm sure you're aware of the Special Economic Zone as well as the other programs Clysperis is pursuing here already. With the information you have now, and seeing Setri in person, what prospects do you see in the cards thus far?"

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2022, 01:48:44 AM »
"Well." Viola said looking around "You've got what on paper always sounded like a solid investment opportunity on paper here. Setri up to a point mirrors our own city of Avalon but where they diverge is that you wish to position Setri as a business hub whereas Avalon more about green sustainability as we move towards a future where fossil fuels run down, it may be a ways off but you never know with these things. Your main obstacles were firstly indentured servitude which you've now outlawed and secondly shall we say your 'social media diplomacy' it doesn't exactly scream investment security when you appear to be picking fights with a fair number of people who could if they were so inclined levy sanctions on Clysperis, fortunately most didn't. So if you want to convince people like that group of Achkaerinese business leaders we brought on this visit that Setri is a solid place to invest you may want to just be aware of that. Moving away from Setri specifically I'm happy to talk about helping develop Clysperis's market diversity, build up your infrastructure, transport network and so on, a solid foundation on which we can build the future, maybe in time you might be able to work something out with the CSU. You have a lot of opportunities in front of you."

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2022, 08:24:47 AM »
"I'm already aware," Akasha sighed, "I can promise you I will no longer pursue such "diplomacy" moving forward and am working to be a more, shall we say, engaged leader with my peers rather than an antagonist. I've got my eyes on building a strong transport infrastructure to supplement our ports and airports, as well as providing a stable base for businesses to build factories and other facilities from which to produce and do business. I've also a mind to see Clysperis open some data centers which will utilize ground water for cooling. This would eliminate the need for operating expensive and environmentally taxing chillers to provide for the demanding cooling needs of data centers and offer an attractive incentive which also brings the industries of the 21st century to Clysperis. I would also wish to work toward some arrangements with the broader CSU, as I believe your economies could benefit from the vastly under-tapped workforce of Clysperis."

"I'm not the Akasha who sought to antagonize the world, I'm not looking to please the conservatives of Midaranye or make hardliners who believe that slavery has any justification happy any longer. My father had a dream, one I wish I knew before I took that road, and I am fully comitted to seeing his vision become a reality and through doing so make the future of my people and nation brighter. I give you my word on that."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2022, 03:29:01 PM »
"I may put great stock in a person's word, but there's a difference between promising something and following through." Peter said "Deeds and words, King David explains it better than I but suffice to say the onus is on you to prove that you're going to do what you say... by doing it." he bounced a little on his feet with a broad smile on his face as he nodded to Viola

"Ok standard trade it is." Viola said "And I'll throw in some infrastructure work while I'm at it. Give you a transport system like none other in Midaranye."

"So what future developments does Setri have in store?" Peter asked

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2022, 08:24:57 AM »
"There is a saying that the company one keeps is indicative of their standing," Akasha said, "and I would like to think that the company I enjoy at present is indicative in the best manner possible. I am not the same young Pharaoh who saw the world around her as full of foes and challenges, and shall not judge where it is not my place to judge. I have not only a word to uphold to you, but a legacy left by Ramses V to live up to. I will not fail in either quest," she concluded with a smile.

"Setri will continue to be a proving ground for smart infrastructure in the Kingdom, with what we've accomplished here being a template to be employed across the Kingdom," she continued, looking to Peter. "As economic prosperity is generated by the city, so too will we see advancements throughout the Kingdom. If we see developments which link the Gulf of Safraen to the Gulf of Auraxis I would like to imagine that economic corridor providing life blood, just as the Ḥ'pī literally has throughout the history of our civilization. I seek to see Setri be amongst the ranks of global cities, a multi-cultural hub which brings peoples of all nationalities together and sees them work together for the future."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2022, 11:48:45 PM »
"And I'm sure you have an appropriate centre piece for Setri planned." Peter said

While Akasha conversed with Peter and Viola, Sakura was stood a little distance way looking at one of the many intriguing features of the city when Sienna came over.
"Ms Hope is here." Sienna said
"Good." Sakura said she waited a few moments to be joined by Elecktra Hope, she ran Shield Law out of KHELP, in truth a fairly smart business decision as it gave her firm plenty of business opportunities within Midaranye, though she'd never imagined her work would bring her to this point, but it was well worth it if this got her what she needed.
"Impressive." Elecktra said
"Yes it is." Sakura said "He's over there. Come on." she led Sakura over to Naser "Concerning our conversation last night may I introduce you to Elecktra Hope, she's a lawyer."
"Pleasure to meet you." Elecktra said "I'm told you're willing to go on the record about TIB?"