Author Topic: A trip across Mundus in search of investors (closed, ask before posting)  (Read 2610 times)

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
Volos, capital of the federated kingdom of West Seleucid, Empire of Tamora

Thanasis Polakis was just getting out of his Obsidian limousine and walking towards his private jet. He was just about to start his longest business tour yet: Safren, Vanora, Abydos, Allied States of Ardia, Nueva Ardia, Toshikawa, Marseilles and Aquitaine. As he got to his plane, he was greeted by his assistant:

“Welcome, Mr. Polakis. I hope everything is to your liking. Please tell me if there’s anything I can get you.”
“Everything is ok, thank you Sofia. The usual will be fine.”

Spoiler:  Polakis’s private jet • show

Sofia, Thanasis’ assistant, waiting to greet Polakis.   

The usual in this case meant a glass of his favorite wine which Sofia was quick to bring it to him.

As soon as he got seated Thanasis started working on his laptop. He was going to visit all those countries in an effort to raise funds for Haghighi Dam. However, that was just part of the reason why he undertook the tour. Just as the press correctly assessed, there was a high possibility that he would raise no funds on his tour. The objective was to raise awareness of the need of funding that the project had (which worked as the Clysperi Pharaoh herself had provided financial support as soon as she heard of the need in funding) as well as to provide cover to the press. Because in case things didn’t go well in his tour he would seek alternative means of funding. In fact he started writing an email that moment:

Dear Mr. Ares,

I am writing to you in regards to an investment opportunity that I administer in ZImalia. The opportunity in question is the Haghighi Dam which is one of the largest infrastructure projects in that country. I have attached the details of the project to the email as well as a summary of the project. We already have investors from several countries including Tamora, Zimalia, Royal Seleucid, Pramoria, Krimeon and Clysperis and are now 90% funded. I believe the project is a rare opportunity as such massive infrastructure projects are rare anywhere in Mundus.
Me and my staff are available for any further questions you might have.
I look forward to your reply,

Respectfully yours,

Thanasis Polakis
CEO of Polakis Energy