Author Topic: Money Talks (Attn Phuebra)  (Read 3416 times)

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
  • Hallo, Ich bin eine Filipino.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Quintelia, Socram and Sarandib
Money Talks (Attn Phuebra)
« on: April 19, 2019, 07:20:09 AM »

To President Son Chariya and Prime Minister Sharaf bin Zaahid,

Almost a year ago, Quintelia landed its troops in Phuebra as a way to help eliminate any potential threats to Quintelia and to the continent. A strike fleet was deployed along with more than a thousand troops in Baarya. Of those, ninety-eight Quintelian troops were confirmed to be killed with nineteen others missing. However, I'm neither writing this letter to grieve on the people that we both lost nor to ask for favors. Instead, I am writing this letter as an invitation to you to go to Quintelia and meet with me to discuss a few details regarding the security of our nations. I wish you good luck and safe travelling and may God/Allah bless us all.

Truly Yours,

King Lapu

Offline Yolotan

• Regional Power
  • Long live Vaguzia
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Kingdom of Vaguzia
Re: Money Talks (Attn Phuebra)
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 09:52:38 PM »
It had been a few weeks since President Son Chariya had been elected and that a coalition was formed between the Islamic Party and the Liberal Democrats, which lead to Sharaf bin Zaahid being elected as Prime Minister. In the coalition agreement between the Islamic Party and the Liberal Democrats it had become clear that Phuebra would look for new international connections and Quintelia was one of the priorities. Quintelia was one of the 3 countries that had liberated Phuebra from Islamic sharia law and terror, for this the current government was very grateful.

In a old propeller plane Son Chariya was being flown to a private airfield close to Lungsod City. She was visiting Quintelia together with her Minister of Defense Phon Chhaya and her Minister of Foreign Affairs Chan Sotearith. The plane had now landed in Lungsod City and Son Chariya and her Ministers walked down the stairs of the plane where the Quintelian delegation were waiting. Son Chariya greeted the delegation by putting her flat hands on each other and bowing down. "Greetings friends"

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 05:46:04 PM »
"You sure about this?" Minister of Foreign Affairs, Sofia Aliena asked her King. "They are still in a period of instability and you just invited their most important people away from their nations. Don't you think we should just invited the President over?" She whispered.

"It's only for a day or two, plus we still have a thousand or two of our troops stationed there. You worry too much." Lapu replied to Sofia as he wrapped his hands around her shoulders as the Phuebrans made their way towards the delegation. "Greetings as well, your excellence." King Lapu greeted as he bowed as well. "Welcome to Quintelia, as with your companions. Please do follow me to the other tarmac." He, Sofia, and a few guards led the Phuebran delegation through a few empty halls before arriving at a fairly isolated tarmac, with an airship atop. "We usually use them for special events or to transport special guests." He motioned for the delegates and Sofia to enter before closing the door. "This airship is usually used for commute believe it or not. It's silent, there's not much traffic, and you get to feel like being in an airplane for a few minutes." King Lapu started talking while the airship took off. "Usually, when heads of states like your excellence arrive, we'd close major highways and even then we'd be stuck for about an hour, but this trip would be cut short to 15 minutes."

After 15 minutes, the blimp landed in front of The Palace, with several guards and a marching band waiting for orders. As King Lapu and President Son step down, the marching band began playing a welcoming tune while the guards gave a twenty-one gun salute. Once that the Phuebran and Quintelian leaders entered the meeting room, with a few Quintelian snacks such as pancit Malabon, siopao, and puto along with some fresh cold water and mango juice. King Lapu then continued his rambling as he took a bottle of wine from one of the shelves. "Please do eat, there's enough in the kitchen to feed every staff in this building." He poured some wine in his glass and sipped it as he continued. "Where are my manners." Lapu also poured some of the wine to the Phuebrans before saying. "Now, where was I? Ah, so before we begin, do you have any questions?"

Offline Yolotan

• Regional Power
  • Long live Vaguzia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2019, 10:36:32 PM »
"No i actually dont have real important questions right now so i guess we can start now."  Chariya said as she tasted one of the wines "Hmm this wine tastes absolutely delicious" she said. "I first of all want to thank you, your people, your soldiers and your country for the amazing support that you have given, the North East of our country is a very important part economic wise because it has a lot of big cities, so we are very grateful for your liberation force. But on the same hand the North East is also a very tense region because the ethnicities are really mixed and there are still a lot of Buddhist and Islamic militias in the region so i was hoping if your country might could give more troop support to the region." she told as she took another sip of the wine.

"Now i also wanted to talk about tourism, my nation's economy has always driven on tourism and rice, but now after the war, the tourism is of course at an all time low, this has had very bad effects on our economy, we will need tourism to get our economy working. I was wondering if there maybe is a way that we could both support tourism in our both nations. We would be ready to give Quintelians free visa access "

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2019, 07:03:10 PM »
"I think I know a solution for two of your problems." King Lapu started as he sipped from his glass. "I propose that Quintelia will establish a permanent military presence in the city of Baarya and its surrounding towns. We shall also take control of the city and be an extraterritorial jurisdiction under Quintelia. That way, relief goods, volunteer workers, and soldiers can easily come in Phuebra but possible insurgents and terrorists would have a hard time to get in Quintelia." The King took a bite from his siopao which he dipped in some sweet sauce before continuing. "As for the city, I would also build a military base and naval port funded and staffed by our men. Outposts should be spread all over Phuebra to provide security and aid especially in rural areas and insurgent hotspots. I guess 5,000 troops stationed would suffice? As for your tourism sector, I think I'd only allow visa-free access travel to and from Phuebra once we have quelled most insurgents for both of our safety."

"As for official business." Sofia started. "I believe that we need to establish embassies first before reinforcing our military presence. Then, we can send a few refugees back to their homes if they don't want to stay. I also reckon that your nation needs a bit of investment to provide your economy some boost. Aside for tourism and agriculture, where else can we invest?" She asked as she drank some water.

Offline Yolotan

• Regional Power
  • Long live Vaguzia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 10:42:13 PM »
"Sadly these things go to far, we are more looking for support and not control, one of the most important things that we want now after the civil war is to become great on our own legs and to have self-control, besides that, we have negotiated very long about an interim agreement, in which military support also had been discussed and agreed on, i dont see any reason to not keep to those agreements." Chariya said as she drank the rest of her wine "I would also like to talk about trade between our nations, our nation heavily relies on rice and wood, we would be willing to lower tariffs on those for Quintelia if your country does the same on some other goods, what could we make happen here? "
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 10:58:45 PM by Yolotan »

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2019, 07:14:50 PM »
"We would gladly lift all tariffs on wood products, maybe even have Dizon invest in that sector." Sofia replied before the King could say anything. "However, we cannot fully lift the tariffs on rice and other agricultural products. We are also an agricultural nation and we are very competitive in that regard, however, we still need to support our own farmers. So, from 15% rate duties maybe we can lower it. How does 7% sound?" She finished her glass of wine as the King began to speak.

"Well, then now let's get back into my point, which is Baarya. I want to offer you this deal. I want the Port of Baarya and everything inside a two kilometer radius from the port and I can pay $50 million upfront and then $20 million for every year we can rent the area. This would ease the transportation of aid from here to Phuebra. Of course, the more you offer the more we will pay." King Lapu said, relaxing his arm on the table. "Although of course you can give me any seaport for that matter, but of course I would prefer the town where my people helped the most." The King finished as he raised his bottle of wine "Would you want more?"

Offline Yolotan

• Regional Power
  • Long live Vaguzia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2019, 10:45:00 PM »
"I am afraid we simply cant agree on that, what we can do tho is to allow the Quentelian ships to enter and stay in the ports of Baarya, this would give your country a big advantage over the other countries because they will need to pay and your ships dont, we could also grant Quintelian companies discount on building and having buildings ins Baarya, and Baarya is the fastest growing city of Phuebra so this would certainly give Quintelia a good position. We do want something in return though, as you may know, our country is blessed with thousands of ancient buddhist temples, this gives us the chance to be a very attractive country for tourists, the problem is that because of the civil war, we have a bad image now, and barely any tourists dare to go to Phuebra now, so i hope you could help us in promoting travelling to Phuebra in your country, and then we will make sure that the touristic areas become a safe area, perhaps with your military help we will succeed in this. ''

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2019, 07:23:06 PM »
"Well, good thing that my daughter is the Minister of Tourism and Immigration so you can consider that sorted. I'll tell her to send someone who can make and run ads for Phuebra and have a few 'social media influencers' as they call these days to travel to Phuebra and take a few photos or videos there. I'll shoulder their costs, as per usual." King Lapu replied. "As for Baarya, how much discount are you talking about, and how much land would you be willing to sell?" He continued.

“As for our military, if you’d still want our assistance, we’d require a sort of base of operations in Phuebra as to handle the logistics and all that. That would mean an airfield and a few hectares of land. Otherwise, it’d just be too expensive for us to continue our operations in Phuebra.” Sofia replied as she finished her glass of wine.

“Now, if we can agree on that, maybe we can start writing up a treaty for this.” King Lapu said as he placed a paper in front of the Phuebran delegation which read:

Treaty of Friendship, Trade and Mutual Security Between the Empire of Quintelia and the
The Free Federal Republic of Phuebra

Section I - Diplomacy

(1) The parties agree to maintain active embassies with each other. If summoned an ambassador shall present themselves to the host government within twenty four hours of the summons.

(2) Either party may request a twelve hour extension upon receipt of the summons should a level of seniority be required due to the issue concerned.

(3) The parties declare that they shall act in a spirit of friendship and cooperation with a view to further developing and fostering economic and cultural intercourse with one another, each adhering to the principle of respect for the independence and sovereignty of the other and non-interference in their internal affairs.

(4) Should disputes or conflicts arise between the High Contracting Parties over problems of one kind or another, both parties shall settle these disputes or conflicts exclusively through friendly exchange of opinion or, if necessary, through the establishment of arbitration commissions.

(5) The parties shall allow citizens of each other to apply for a fast track visas aiding in travel between the two nations for purpose of trade, recreation, and business. These visas shall be available to anyone who meets the following criteria

(a) Has a return ticket
(b) Is able to fund the duration of their stay.
(c) Has no criminal record
(d) Is not deemed a threat to national security.
(e) All requirements have been fulfilled in accordance to local laws and procedures when conducting trade and/or business.

(6) Both parties agree to the establishment of a system of extradition for persons accused of crimes in one country to the jurisdiction of the other. Extradition shall take place only when compelling evidence has been presented and the country who would be granting extradition is satisfied that Articles four and seven of the Mundus Convention of Universal Rights has been met.

Section 2 - Trade

(7) The parties pledge to trade fairly with each other and to respect the lawful commerce of each party.

(8) Neither of the parties shall create limits, bans, or quotas on the goods or services of the other party on basis of their origin from the other party, with exception to such taxes, limits, bans, or quotas created by international organizations of which the parties are members thereof.

(9) The parties recognize the right of free commercial navigation through the waters and airspace of the other party, with adherence to local laws and procedures.

(10) Ships entering and docking in the port of Baarya shall pay no fees, and a discount of _% shall be made on the sale of real estate and land within the borders of Baarya.

"Shall this be agreeable? Of course we can still change or add more things if you'd like" King Lapu added.

Offline Yolotan

• Regional Power
  • Long live Vaguzia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2020, 10:32:17 PM »
Treaty of Friendship, Trade and Mutual Security Between the Empire of Quintelia and the
The Free Federal Republic of Phuebra

Section I - Diplomacy

(1) The parties agree to maintain active embassies with each other. If summoned an ambassador shall present themselves to the host government within twenty four hours of the summons.

(2) Either party may request a twelve hour extension upon receipt of the summons should a level of seniority be required due to the issue concerned.

(3) The parties declare that they shall act in a spirit of friendship and cooperation with a view to further developing and fostering economic and cultural intercourse with one another, each adhering to the principle of respect for the independence and sovereignty of the other and non-interference in their internal affairs.

(4) Should disputes or conflicts arise between the High Contracting Parties over problems of one kind or another, both parties shall settle these disputes or conflicts exclusively through friendly exchange of opinion or, if necessary, through the establishment of arbitration commissions.

(5) The parties shall allow citizens of each other to apply for a fast track visas aiding in travel between the two nations for purpose of trade, recreation, and business. These visas shall be available to anyone who meets the following criteria

(a) Has a return ticket
(e) All requirements have been fulfilled in accordance to local laws and procedures when conducting trade and/or business.

(6) Both parties agree to the establishment of a system of extradition for persons accused of crimes in one country to the jurisdiction of the other. Extradition shall take place only when compelling evidence has been presented and the country who would be granting extradition is satisfied that Articles four and seven of the Mundus Convention of Universal Rights has been met.

Section 2 - Trade

(7) The parties pledge to trade fairly with each other and to respect the lawful commerce of each party.

(8) Neither of the parties shall create limits, bans, or quotas on the goods or services of the other party on basis of their origin from the other party, with exception to such taxes, limits, bans, or quotas created by international organizations of which the parties are members thereof.

(9) The parties recognize the right of free commercial navigation through the waters and airspace of the other party, with adherence to local laws and procedures.

(10) Ships entering and docking in the port of Baarya shall pay no fees, and a discount of _% shall be made on the sale of real estate and land within the borders of Baarya.

President Chariya looked at the treaty and was satisfied "With the treaty itself i am satisfied with i will be happy to sign it! However speaking about the Military Base, i am prepared to allow your army to have a base of operations, however this base must be under control of the Phuebran Military and shall only serve the purpose of shelter for your troops, anything else i am not willing to allow, Phuebra must retain full sovereign over its own land" the President said as she signed the treaty.

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2020, 07:08:17 PM »
The King read at the treaty that was put forward and noticed a few missing details. "Sure I agree with that but let us put that in writing as to make it official shall we?" King Lapu replied to the President.

Treaty of Friendship, Trade and Mutual Security Between the Empire of Quintelia and the Free Federal Republic of Phuebra
Section I - Diplomacy

(a) Has a return ticket

Section 2 - Trade

(10) Ships entering and docking in the port of Baarya shall pay no fees, and a discount of 5% shall be made on the sale of real estate and land within the borders of Baarya.

Section III - Extraneous Agreements

(11) The Quintelian Ministry of Tourism and Immigration shall launch a tourism campaign promoting Phuebran tourist sites and culture.

(12) The Phuebran Military agrees to provide a base of operations for Quintelian peacekeeping forces under the direct orders of the Phuebran Military.

Signed:
King Lapu of Quintelia
President Son Chariya of Phuebra

"This shall finalize it." The King said as he finished his wine and signed the treaty. "Once again I thank you for coming here and letting us help maintain peace and order in this continent."