Author Topic: Proposing The Trans Ardia Partnership (Attn: East Ardian/Horn Peeps)  (Read 16388 times)

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
  • Hallo, Ich bin eine Filipino.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Quintelia, Socram and Sarandib
Re: Proposing The Trans Ardia Partnership (Attn: East Ardian/Horn Peeps)
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2018, 10:32:59 AM »
"Granted that Quintelia only has a little less than a thousand kilometers if track, I do agree to have the CEO be alternating." Gavielle Cesa said, leaving his friend to sigh. "And since we're talking about the operation of the rails, let's start with the higher-ups like the CEO. I suggest that the CEO be changed every three years and the CEO be an executive official with the highest number of stocks of ARSE owned who shall also not be the head-of-state." He said while quickly glancing at his laptop every few seconds. "Now, I think we can build around my idea." He said bragging while Miguel just shook his head.

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Nya Åland/Ui Cenneslaig
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2018, 09:34:58 PM »
"It would appear then that in so far as following a kind of rotational CEO position, supported by a multi-national board of directors that we are in a position to proceed." Taoiseach Cadoc MacKenzie began, "I would say that now we need to ensure we have a cost effective route that ensures all members of this ARSE is connected and that this is done with as much transparency as possible. The foundations of this venture did not start well when a Trans-Ardia Partnership did not truly embrace all Ardia."

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2018, 12:57:15 PM »
"Quite." Xiaoling said "I believe the route at present is best described by this" she put a piece of paper on the table for everyone to see

Spoiler: route option • show

"Each country here has railway networks so it's not too difficult to see a scenario where the networks can become interconnected using the east and west of Ardia as the boundary as I've previously illustrated the use of hubs within certain countries can help ensure this connectivity for example Himeyama is well positioned to be used as a hub point on the Horn of Ardia, the Allied States of Ardia is nicely positioned in terms of the Ardian Peninsula and Ui Cenneslaig is well positioned for the south west area. At present the turquoise lines indicate the network we presently stand to have that's on the basis of the states represented here. As you can see the problem will be the trans continental route as we have at the present what appear to be two networks independent of each other. In order to connect east and west we will need to bring the Kingdom of Arnor into this, because the most direct trans continental route runs straight through Arnor. I propose that this is a route and network we should aspire to as it has the potential as Taoiseach MacKenzie put it to embrace all of Ardia."

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2018, 10:00:19 PM »
"Then we had better get someone from Arnor in here." the Taoiseach voiced, "I am willing to make contact if no other nation here has already done so?" he looked around looking for advice from the others.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2018, 01:34:42 AM »
"I don't believe any nation present has made contact." Winston said, finally speaking up from where he sat next to Xiaoling.

"I see." Xiaoling said "I have no objection to Ui Cenneslaig making contact on behalf of this group."

Offline Jordan Fenose

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Pardclinnia
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2018, 01:47:52 PM »
The Pardclinese Minister of Trade and Commerce, a recently appointed thirty-something woman by the name of Christine Lancaster, sat straight up and listened to the words of President Colbert. "This affair about the Ardia railway... A golden opportunity, ain't it? I always love making new friends. That's one thing Macarrouio lacked: willingness to expand horizons", said Colbert. "Macarrouio again, jeez" Christine thought. Did she flay his dog alive? Perhaps she took a huge, musty dump on his favorite cup of Cooper's? The hell is Colbert's problem with her? Every single time a social issue is discussed among them, Colbert always found a way to bash Macarrouio and her controversial administration. She wasn't a great leader, yes, but everyone's mother knew that.

"You'll negotiate with Empress Evanthe on my behalf concerning this matter. Don't forget to mention about the electronics. We're talkin' a beneficial trade deal here, right" continued Colbert.

"Indeed. Good luck with your meeting with Quintella and the E.S."

Christine knew well how to address this matter. She has had five boyfriends at this point. Most of the relationships ended amicably as she desired for she had a knack for negotiating with others. She knew the exact buttons to push to get what she wanted out of particular matters. On one occasion, she could be an aggressive, tough cookie while, other times, she was charming and collected. "This is quite challenging though", she thought to herself. She had never been to the place before; however, she was excited at this prospect. At least it wasn't the same ol' schtick; it has been a while since she went to another country.

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2018, 11:20:42 PM »
OOC- I believe Arnor may be some time in replying, perhaps we should proceed as though they aren't involved and we can always change later.

"If we are to have full connectivity then all the proposed routes will need to be built, I therefore suggest we adopt the following course of action. Three votes,

1- That we accept the route as laid out by our delegate from Gowu.

2- That we agree that ARSE shall be formed and would be the governing body of the whole line in the way laid out earlier in our talks.

3- That we agree to the construction of the Trans Adrian Railroad, pending our own nations passing whatever legislation they require to make it legal.

"Any suggestions?"

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2018, 11:48:02 PM »
"The only potential addition to those that I can think of at this point would be that subject to agreeing these three things that ARSE itself should meet, other than that I have no suggested additions." Xiaoling said

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2018, 10:22:24 AM »
"As there are no objections then let us put this to the vote. On all three matters Ui Cenneslaig votes yes."

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2018, 12:40:41 PM »
"As the representative of Ui Cenneslaig have voted, we, as dignitaries of Quintelia would agree on all matters." Ibañez said as the voting has seemed to start.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2018, 11:39:57 PM »
"Gowu votes in favour of all three." Xiaoling said

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lakhzovia
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2018, 02:36:39 PM »
Rhand votes in favour of all three points.

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2018, 09:31:48 AM »
"As it stands we have Ui Cenneslaig, Gowu, Quintelia and Rhand on board, sadly this is not enough for a viable network. I propose that in the mean time we return to our nations and begin working towards Number 3. Then once we have agreement from our nations we leave an open invite for others to join, as a viable network opportunity presents itself we can then begin building."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2018, 02:54:42 AM »
"The proposals as put forth are sound, though we do believe ensuring more local control should be an objective of the governing body. This can be best achieved by implementing Regional Authorities which would see that the needs and requirements of each region are tended to. Furthermore, those nations covered under the Regional Authority in question would be better able to collectively ensure the operations and maintenance of their lines and associated stock."

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2018, 12:37:08 AM »
"So essentially you're looking for small projects that just happen to join up. If that is the case simply make each nation responsible for its own stretch, the problem there being we then don't have standardisation as each nation will look to do things there own way, quiet possibly favouring their own companies, meaning that each part of the project uses different stock and the like. This can impact operating costs as we have a wider set of standards to operate from. If we have one unified organisation making decisions on a democratic basis we are going to have one set of standards for the whole route meaning consistency and therefore a better service. This matter should have been brought up when we first began discussing the establishment of ARSE. We must therefore revisit our discussions so perhaps our colleague from Rokkenjima would suggest how this is to be administered."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2018, 08:39:01 AM »
"You misunderstand, at the broader level all resources are sourced from standards set forth at the continental level. Resources are also sourced from this continental level. What the regional standards would focus upon is routes, efficiency between nations at the regional level, and cooperation between these regional levels and the continental levels. These regional levels would merely support continental efforts, not detract from them, and of course their focus would be on ensuring consistency the moment a carriage or transport passes boundaries."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Tamed_Untamed

• Basically New Zealand
  • Just a writer.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Azenyanistan
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2018, 01:10:10 PM »
The Sirinisians were late. Very late. All they could hope is that they would be allowed to have a special session with the hosts of this partnership. As soon as their plane hit the ground, stopped the engines and all signals were given to them that they were allowed to depart from the cramped space of the plane, they did so.

Alsial looked around out of the plane before he took the stairs down and waited for someone or some people to come and pick them up for the partnership meeting.
Whatever you say, Walker. No matter what happens next, don't be too hard on yourself. After all you've done, you can still go home...

- Konrad, Spec-ops: The Line

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2018, 03:30:08 PM »
"Well, having regional levels would make sense in theory, but in reality it would just add difficulties." Miguel said after thinking for a relatively long time. "You see, if a CEO and a board of 5-10 directors from different nations were to decide over how the rails operate, the power over the rails would not be focused on one nation or region in the continent." Miguel continued.

"Also if I may add," Gavielle interjected. Each nation shall operate between a set number of trains. That way, no nation can have a monopoly on this continental rails. The number can be talked about later but first let's agree on this." Gavielle proposed to everyone else.

Offline Tamed_Untamed

• Basically New Zealand
  • Just a writer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2018, 07:48:30 AM »
Alsial finally started to catch up as he was able to catch a car to take him to the partnership meeting. Along the way, he focused on thinking about what to do in the meeting until he finally was there. He got out and thanked the driver, tipping him secretly before heading up the stairs towards the room where the meeting would take place.
Whatever you say, Walker. No matter what happens next, don't be too hard on yourself. After all you've done, you can still go home...

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2018, 02:39:59 AM »
"If it pleases the majority present we may strike the consideration of a more regional approach from the administration of the Trans-Ardian Railway. A resumption of discussions under the previously reached understanding is more than acceptable by the First Empire. We also support measures to ensure monopolies do not take root and that equal opportunity is present for all involved parties."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2018, 05:32:20 PM »
"There's only one way to find out them, let's call in a vote." Miguel Ibañez replied. "So, to everyone, there are two versions on how to manage this railroad. The Quintelian version which states that there shall be one CEO and a board of 5-10 directors managing over the whole of ARSE. The Rokkenjiman version states that, correct me if I'm wrong, a more regional approach with regional levels governing over different regions." He said while looking at Gavielle's notes. "Also if I may add." Gaviellr Cesa added. "Can we change the acronym to a less obscene name? I mean, we don't want to be a laughing stock because the entity managing over a continental rail system is named after the butt."

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2018, 06:38:12 PM »
OOC- Hey you guys let me get the name through, therefore it should stick.

Beside the bigger issue is that there is no viable route anymore I believe. Until such a time as one does exist I don't think we can in good conscience continue this. Imagine we say its built, then a months time some new member joins, RP's a poor , broke, backwards nation we either lose the route or they have something very out of place. I personally think we should just park the thread until that day comes when the route is viable.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2018, 06:50:55 PM »
OOC- I'm with Nord on this one, by means of explanation this picture highlights

Note please the red and yellow circles, they highlight the areas where there are huge gaps of unclaimed territory that this network would have to pass through considering levels of activity and who is at the table, that's way too many gaps to reasonably consider it viable for the reason Nord has stated.

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2018, 08:01:04 PM »
OOC:
For the few gaps, I can suggest that the allied states of Ardia move borders again to border Quintelia. As for the others, mostly the red ones, we can add a secondary nation between UC, Herrenbucht, and Revana. Also do take notice that Pardclinnia is also part of it.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2018, 08:34:42 PM »
OOC- RP Mod hat on, I'm loath to add a new NPC as the ones we have at the moment still need work and I don't think its fair to add one just to get a railway. Other continents have similar issues and have had to work through it. Also as the Ardian Empire now has a definite history I don't think moving it is a good idea. Also by adding stuff in where the gaps are geographically you seal off sections of the map.

Offline Tamed_Untamed

• Basically New Zealand
  • Just a writer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2018, 03:40:31 PM »
OOC: Dang, I was late to this Partnership then ;-;

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2018, 07:49:46 AM »

On The Trans Ardia Partnership

Following a quarterly feasibility review of the Pan Ardian Railway I have seen several encouraging sings, enough so that I wish to invite those originally in attendance for the original talks (as well as all Ardian states interested) to Pyrena Castle for a resumption of talks. Taking into account any new arrivals so they may be accounted for, discussions shall resume from the point prior to the misguided approach as presented by the Empress Emerita.

Upon completion of these discussions we shall proceed to laying the foundations for the Trans Ardia Partnership, which shall offer further opportunities for economic engagement and cooperation beyond the baselines provided via the Assembly of Ardia. These shall be supplemented by the exploration of Trans Ardian initiatives which will provide for all Ardian states to be part of a broader revival of Ardian economic and industrial capacity while providing resources for Ardian states to further their development. Cooperation over a variety of spheres will also be explored, allowing for Ardia to be a leading player in fields such as energy production, scientific innovation, and the future technologies which will come to shape our world.

I look forward to welcoming you all to my home for what shall be a most productive and engaging series of working discussions.

Respectfully yours;

Empress of Rokkenjima
Princess of Littlebrook

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2018, 09:37:27 AM »
To:- Empress Beatrice

With the majority of the continent that would form the route already onboard with the Ardian Rolling Stock Enterprises[1] (ARSE) I would like to suggest that rather than holding talks which coming so soon after the ones that established a workable solution for all nations involved we simply invite targeted nations to sign up to ARSE. Should this not get the result we require only then are further talks needed.

At a time of continental crisis I believe it would be the wrong time to convey yet another meeting to discuss what has already been agreed upon by the majority of interested parties.

King Finley
Ui Cenneslaig
 1. I think that's what it was called)

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Agira Latina
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2018, 10:33:31 AM »

The nation of Bakkermaya is ready to once more commit to the formation of this railway on the terms discussed previously. We therefore feel that a further meeting is not needed and instead support King Finley's notion that nations along the proposed route should first be invited to sign up to the project, only if they should not should a meeting be called for either renegotiation or counter-proposals.

Hugo Lascelles
THE SIX DUKEDOMS OF BAKKERMAYA

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2018, 05:29:46 AM »
To Empress Beatrice:

Quintelia is ready to send representatives to discuss about ARSE and the partnership itself. However, we request for the release of the most feasable and plausible route for the continent. As King Finley suggested, nations that weren't part of the original talks should be given focus on first as to have a less difficult and spend less time in talks overall.

Yours Truly,

King Lapu