Author Topic: Proposing The Trans Ardia Partnership (Attn: East Ardian/Horn Peeps)  (Read 16227 times)

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima

Proposing The Trans-Ardia Partnership

The First Empire has long held the belief that trade and commerce between free states leads to an atmosphere of joint growth and prosperity which reduces the risks of conflict and division which engulf certain regions of Mundus. Through reducing the barriers to trade and the movement of people and goods it is within our capabilities to build those links which will restore Ardia as a principle economic engine of Mundus, enrich the economic fortunes of our respective nations, and improve the standard of living enjoyed throughout Ardia. To effect these goals and bring about a new era of economic prosperity and opportunity the First Empire proposes to the Eastern nations of Ardia a proposal, the Trans Ardia Partnership.

The backbone of the Trans Ardia Partnership will be a network of high-speed railways which will bridge the distances between our nations and enable the swift and efficient transport of goods upon the continent. The Pan Ardia Railway will link ports from the Rokkenjima Sea, the Mhorish Sea and the Matildas, providing new economic opportunities and the fruition of a new Trans-Ardia Trade Zone. Through this Trade Zone Ardian economies can reach new markets, provide new economic opportunities for their citizens and businesses, and increase opportunities for investments in new and emerging fields. The First Empire also sees the role in which Gowu can play in this initiative and is prepared to strengthen Gowu's access to the Pan Ardia Railway via sea links between Gowu, Azukishima Prefecture, and the Pan Ardia Railway.

The First Empire invites the nations of Eastern Ardia to meet so that we may discuss the future of this proposal, as well as ensuring that the Pan Ardia Railway, and the Initiative itself, may be expanded Westward should such interest be shown. Through the strong ingenuity and spirit of hard work we hold in our hands a proposal to further the economic strength of Ardia and ensure that economic prosperity benefits all of our Peoples for generations to come. I look forward to your replies, as well as setting forth a formal date for discussions on the fruition of the Trans-Ardia Partnership.

In friendship;

Evanthe Rhodes
Empress of Rokkenjima
Lord Protector of Somerset
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 07:29:26 AM by Beatrice »

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Comrade Kermit

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Argemonto
Re: Proposing The Trans Ardia Partnership (Attn: East Ardian/Horn Peeps)
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 02:24:17 PM »

HERRENBUCHT: MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS

To: Empress Evanthe Rhodes and everyone representing her

The Council of Ministers has been assembled to consider your ideas and the concept was debated vigorously. The result is that Herrenbucht is interested in this plan and would agree to take part in a debate about the construction of the Trans Ardia Railway. We would be ready to send a delegation led by Karl von Hauptmannshöh our Minister of Infrastructure and Ludwig von Becksburg, our Minister of Trade. We wait in anticipation to hear from you and all the other nations that could take part at this project to arrange the meeting.

May the Lord watch over you,

Siegismund von Thaller, Minister of Foreign Affairs

La Popola Respubliko de Argemonto
The People's Republic of Argemonto

Offline Glitchy

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Sutherland
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 03:01:16 PM »

SUTHERIAN MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS

Dear Evanthe Rhodes,
Sutherland has for long deliberated within itself what some form of Trans-Ardian railway could do to benefit Sutherland. Now that the possibility seems like a reality, Sutherland is even more so interested in such a proposed plan. I will attend the meeting personally as the head of a Sutherian delegation. I look forward to seeing the response of other nations like ours and hope that we can all come to some sort of agreement.

Sincerely,
Margaret Gillard
Minister of Foreign Affairs

« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 05:56:33 AM by Glitchy »
I USED TO BE LUVONIA

Sutherland Links:
- Factbook
- Characters (W.I.P)
- News
- Vignettes
- Map of Sutherland (W.I.P)

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 05:11:22 PM »

A Reply To Herrenbucht

Respected Minister,

It brings me great joy that the Council of Ministers has deliberated and determined that there is merit to the proposals presented by the First Empire. I will look forward to welcoming your delegation to Pyrena Castle once we have been joined by more partners to make this dream a reality. Together, with a vision towards increasing opportunities for trade and commerce throughout Mundus we may move toward a future which supports the level of economic prosperity Rokkenjima has long been confident Ardia is capable of.

In friendship;

Evanthe Rhodes
Empress of Rokkenjima

A Reply To Sutherland

Respected Minister,

It was a pleasure to receive your message regarding the Trans-Ardian Railway. As more nations join this project we will move forward toward making this vision a reality, expanding our opportunities as a continent and making the transport of goods and people more swift and efficient. I shall look forward to meeting with you in Pyrena as this project gains support and nears fruition.

In friendship;

Evanthe Rhodes
Empress of Rokkenjima

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 05:21:57 PM »

A Private Dispatch To King Finely of Ui Cennselaig

Your Majesty,

As I am certain you have seen the humble beginings of a project to provide for a Trans-Ardia Railway and associated Trans-Ardia Partnership are presently underway. In the preliminary planning for this project a noted bias toward the Eastern and Northern portions of the continent carried a heavy influence, however, I feel that this may bring about a unique opportunity for Rokkenjima and Ui Cennselaig to work together towards furthering progress and prosperity throughout Ardia. I have included a proposal which includes a provisional route which would link Ui Cennselaig and the West into this initiative. I propose it to you for your consideration and suggestions, and extend an invitation to Pyrena Castle once the proposal has reached majority approval of the nations of Ardia who would be involved in the initiative.

In friendship;

Evanthe Rhodes
Empress of Rokkenjima

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2017, 10:43:53 PM »

To Empress Evanthe of Rokkenjima,

I've reviewed your proposal alongside my colleagues on the Gowu Executive Council and we find it potentially interesting and would like to hear more though we do have some reservations which I'm sure can be raised at a meeting where all concerned may be present, I will be in personal attendance alongside Gowu's Councillor for Foreign Affairs Winston Bobble.

Signed

Xiaoling Tsu
Chief Councillor of Gowu

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lakhzovia
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2017, 11:31:01 PM »

Office of the Counsel
for International Trade

The Kingdom of Rhand is favourably inclined towards this proposal. To reopen the roads of trade on the continent so that good may be moved quickly and cheaply will surely benefit all who are involved.

I have therefore been asked by Crown Prince Laurenz Hajioff to communicate our readiness to engage with this project.

Sincerely

Nomarch Cassious Viktor of Patipur
Chief Counsel on Foreign Trade

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Nya Åland/Ui Cenneslaig
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2017, 04:18:17 PM »
To:- Empress Evanthe

I must say that I am slightly taken a back that we were left out of the original routing proposal and that this message was not made public like the others. As one of the largest nations in Ardia I believe we would be a central player in this project. I am of course interested in taking this forward however would suggest a change to your route, I would like to see the Western branch finish in Cantabria and then a line extend up the West coast to the horn. I hope this is something that can be included.

Best Regards

King Finley

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
  • Hallo, Ich bin eine Filipino.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Quintelia, Socram and Sarandib
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2017, 03:26:12 AM »
OFFICIAL LETTER FROM THE PALACE OF QUINTELIA

Greetings, Empress Evanthe of Rokkenjima. We have noticed that the southern part of Ardia is not connected to this railway. I propose that the line be extended from Gowu to Quintopia Bay. That way, access to trade from Albion will reach Rokkenjima and other nations faster. For the meeting, our Minister of Public Works, Engineer Gavielle Cesa and our Minister of Industry and Trade, Miguel Ibañez. We hope that this project will push on for the prosperity and development of Quintelia and the continent of Ardia.

Signed,

King Lapu

Offline Dawg_17

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Stål
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2017, 03:36:48 AM »

RESPONSE TO ROKKENJIMA

Dear Evanthe Rhodes,

I am deeply concerned that in this draft, the Republic of Stål is not included in any partnership or projects. I see it beneficial that we be integrated in the greater Ardian Community. Now that our nation is being rebuilt, we see great potential in this proposal. I therefore on behalf of the Stålsh, wish that we be included in these plans. I hope we can discuss this soon.

Sincerely,
President of Stål, Bjørn Thurinson.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 10:35:54 PM by Dawg_17 »

Offline Cool101jr

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Revana
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2017, 06:39:31 PM »
Dear Empress Evanthe,

His majesty, Supreme Commandant Wesley has reviewed your plans for a Trans-Ardia Railway, and has decided to endorse the idea. After reviewing everything, I have have come to the an Idea that would best serve to make this proposal a reality while saving money. We already have an extensive rail system running between New Reach and Isen City following very closely to your proposed system. If possible in you plans, we could extend this system to the borders to the east and west of Revana as well as provide limited funding to the rest of the project through Ardia. I look forward to your response.

With Regards,
Jack Denton,

Lord Minister of International Affairs

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2017, 08:52:38 AM »
With a strong response to the proposal arriving on her desk, and the response of King Finely indicating his interest in the project, Evanthe determined that the time had arrived to move forward. Choosing a venue for the talks offered an opportunity for something different, a departure from the expected invitation to Pyrena Castle. Smiling as she looked at the letter she had composed for all who had responded the Empress pressed the 'send' button, and dispatched word for Onvilal Castle to be prepared for its soon to be inbound guests.

An Invitation To Onvilal Castle

With a strong response to the proposal for the Trans-Ardia Railway it is my pleasure to invite you to Onvilal Castle so that we may formally bring this project into fruition. Our states represent many reflections of the Ardian continent, that we have collectively shown our interest in what will be a grand project of construction and cooperation is a sign which brings much hope for furthering the economic well-being and opportunities available to our nations. Instructions have been dispatched to Onvilal International Airport to expect the presence of dignitaries while accommodations shall be available at the Castle itself.

May your travels be safe and tranquil.

Evanthe Rhodes
Empress of Rokkenjima

OOC: This should be considered as reaching all those who replied to the original message. Feel free to arrive, look around the City if you wish, and make your way to the Castle. Looking forward to some constructive and engaging talks! ^^

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2017, 03:12:50 AM »
Just a friendly nudge.

Feel free to arrive, look around the City if you wish, and make your way to the Castle. Looking forward to some constructive and engaging talks! ^^

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Cool101jr

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Revana
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2017, 04:28:43 PM »
Lord Minister of Economics Exodus Daro wasn't the one who originally sent the response to Evanthe, however with Jack Denton's recent retirement, and Serena Bartrove being busy with her tour, Exodus seemed like the best choice to send to Rokkenjima for this meeting. He wasn't a big fan of flying, after a bad experience during the war, however he had no choice but to fly since a road trip across Ardia would have taken far too long, even if it would have been far more fun.

He stepped down from the jet, thanking everyone he thought of for the feeling of solid ground once again and made his way to the exit of the airport. Once outside he made his way to a rental car he had set up ahead, as he wanted to drive himself to the castle, so he could take the scenic route and see the sights of the city. As he drove through the city, using the GPS to take him along the longest route to the castle, he sighed loving the beautiful architecture, and once he arrived at the castle, he sighed once again upon seeing the rather unique design of it. He made his way to the front door and went through it, expecting this is where he would meet whoever was supposed to greet him upon arrival.

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2017, 07:29:40 PM »
It was Cassious' first time in Rokkenjima, in fact it was the first time in generations that a Rhandian had set foot in the country, relations having been non-existent since the collapse of the Ardian Empire. He was ushered to his waiting car and was soon being whisked away from the airport through the city. He was fascinated, the country exuded wealth and power, something he had thought of Rhand until today. It dawned on him how great the benefits of the partnership would be, Rokkenjima was obviously a country which would provide a hungry and affluent market for Rhandic goods, the benefit to the balance of trade would be exceptional.

As he mulled this over he was suddenly overcome with anxiety, this plan involved not only opening up to Rokkenjima but most of the nations on Ardia. He knew also that no nation ever acted purely in the interests of others and saw in that instant the danger inherent in the plan, if there was a demand to drop tariff barriers as a part of the plan then Rhandic industry could be severely damaged as a glut of cheap goods flooded the market, the drop in tariffs could also undermine the agricultural incomes of the rural Nomarchs, the blame for which would be pinned on him if he was not careful.

He began playing through scenarios in his head, the project held much promise, but only if he was able to negotiate the right of Rhand to retain control over tariff setting. Given the important of all nations participation to make the infrastructural aspect of the plan work he saw where he would be able to gain leverage, he would make known that without protections for weaker economies it would not be possible for Rhand to agree to the project.

As he reached this conclusion his car arrived at the Castle, a building the ostentation of which did not surprise him in the slightest. 'here we go' he thought to himself.

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2017, 09:00:02 PM »
Taoiseach[1] Cadoc MacKenzie knew that King Finley usually preferred to send a member of the royal family on overseas trips, however with this being just about a railway line the King had elected to stay at home and watch his son's Gaelic Football match. MacKenzie was actually rather pleased that he'd been dispatched, he had arrived the day before, done some sight seeing, attended a banquet at the embassy in his honour and generally done a few administrative bits and bobs. He was getting on in years now and at 67 he knew this was likely to be his final official trip before the King likely found a younger man to take on the mantle of the role. He arrived at the castle and spotted two others arrive ahead of him. He exited the diplomatic car, straighthend his kilt and fastened up his tweed jacket before walking over. "Grand Morning" he said loudly as he approached extending a hand ahead of himself. "I know...I know, your probably asking yourselves what's the Cenneg doing here" he ran a hand through his neat greying hair that was being ruffled by the breeze. "For some reason our invite wasn't as public as yours but with such fine company how could we resist"
 1. essentially a Gaelic word for Prime Minister/President

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2017, 01:20:55 PM »
Gavielle Cesa, Minister of Public Works, and Miguel Ibañez, Minister of Trade and Industry are best friends even before the 2010 Mutiny. The duo were always sent as delegations whenever King Lapu is busy or lazy. Now they were sent overseas again for the hundredth time. This time, they set foot on a country they haven't visited yet.

As King Lapu calls from Sinirisi, the two left Quintelia and landed in Rokkenjima after 4 hours of flight. Usually, delegates would need to visit the embassy in Rokkenjima but they were given a special pass by the King. When they arrived, three other delegates were already there, having a conversation with each other.

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2017, 09:45:44 PM »
Truth be told this railway venture had initially gone into the box marked Promising But Potentially Difficult at Trinity House, the official residence of the Chief Councillor of Gowu. So here were Xiaoling Tsu the current Chief Councillor of Gowu and her Foreign Affairs Councillor Winston Bobble, the two of them had arrived no problems at all seeing others having already arrived, not unexpected given that Gowu was nearest and so they'd left later than others in all likelihood.

"So do you think third time's the charm?" Winston asked
"It's fourth time at least." Xiaoling said "But at least someone's finally decided to start small and build up from the foundations."
"Still a railway...makes me remember my High School history days of the Great War." Winston said
"Operation Burning Arrow" Xiaoling said "I remember those lessons well. Safe bet that this one won't be used the way the Alliance turned that railway on the Ardian's."
"You said it." Winston said

And speaking of the Ardian's there was one heck of a twist in store as a diplomatic car pulled up and stepping out came Princess Asinia Devaux of yes the Allied States of Ardia, formerly known as the Ardian Empire. This was certainly going to be a significant event now. The truth was that for the railway to work the way Rokkenjima wanted it to it had to pass through the territory of the Allied States.

"Should I tell you to call Kirsty and have her move the proposal into a different box?" Winston asked
"I don't think so." Xiaoling said "It's not like she's going to be the impractical one is it?"

OOC- Use of Asinia due to the obvious requirement of consent for the railway path through their territory.

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2017, 10:16:52 AM »
OOC - If this isn't moving by the weekend I suggest those still interested just begin discussions among those who have arrived.

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2017, 03:49:55 AM »
As the representatives arrived Lord High Steward Koizumi was on hand to greet, and direct them, to their seats in the adjoining room. Detail had been paid to ensuring a selection of refreshments were available from those nations along the proposed routes including Gowu which, while not connected via rail, would form an important sea link to the broader network. Upon allowing the representatives an opportunity to converse amongst themselves Evanthe took to the head of the table to begin the work ahead of them.

"What a pleasure it is to see you all," Evanthe said as she took to the head of the table, "Today marks the start of a new page for Ardia, one which sees nations from all corners of our continent joining together in a project of unprecedented scale. Many generations have sought to shrink the distance between our nations, allowing for a more swift and efficient transfer of people and goods across our borders. These dreams, this vision, is represented before us today in the proposal for the Trans-Ardia Railway, a centrepiece of a broader Trans-Ardia Partnership which will see economic growth and opportunity spread across Ardia in a way we haven't seen in the modern era."

"The Trans-Ardia Railway will link not only nations, but various ports across Ardia which shall grant nations in the interior of Ardia a viable and efficient link to international shipping. Transport within our continent will see many benefits as well, especially when one considers that just one train is capable of hauling the equivalent of four hundred trucks. Not only will Ardia see increased efficiency, we shall also lay the foundation for environmentally friendly transport. In addition to the environmental benefits of the TAR Peoples from across Ardia will gain access to a cheaper method of traveling within Ardia, fostering greater competition throughout many markets across the continent."

"Supplementing the Trans-Ardia Railway shall be the Trans-Ardia Partnership, an agreement which shall see reductions to trade barriers across Ardia while promoting economic growth in the various markets it shall encompass. Greater economic opportunities will lead to more jobs for our Peoples, greater access to Ardian markets for our businesses, and an opportunity to improve standards of living across the board. It is my belief that the TAP should very much be a product of our joint vision, thus the drafting of the Partnership shall begin following completion of the routes and details of the Railway itself."

"A general proposal for those routes sits before each of you, now that we are joined here together we may begin the enjoyable task of planning viable routes whilst coming to an agreement as to the funding of each leg of the TAR. Furthermore, contracts for those companies to construct trains will have to be considered, and while Dartfordia has established a strong name, I believe that we should pursue domestic companies and builders first. With that being said, I leave the floor open."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2017, 09:01:07 PM »
"Everyone expects the Rokkenjiman Ambush" the words of the Emperor of Achkaerin ran through Xiaoling's mind, how many times had Rokkenjima banged the Ardian unity drum? Enough for everyone to have known that they should have seen the progression coming. Not that Xiaoling was opposed to the idea of some sort of agreement between the Ardian nations it just depended an awful lot on the terms of any agreement and also on the practicalities of such an agreement the current proposal of the railway was a classic case in point - potentially brilliant but reliant on one thing broad cooperation to an agreed set of rules and regulations by the parties, getting that was going to be the hard part of this especially with so many nations in the room each undoubtedly with their own agenda's. First rule identify the key players, well that was easy - Allied States of Ardia and Ui Cenneslaig, given their geographic position these were the two nations upon whom any idea of the railway hinged, Ardia might have a stronger hand than the Celts and that was just because both potential lines whether north or south of Lake Escarion had to pass through Ardia's territory but that said the odds of Ardia causing trouble were slim as ironically they probably needed this more than most. As she sat there thinking she was scrawling lines on the map of Ardia presented to them.

"The proposal I find severely lacking." Xiaoling said "You explain a sea link to Gowu, I say a land rail link is possible if one looks at this more along the lines or a rail network rather than a single line. We must also be mindful of the viability of routes such viability is determined by a variety of factors including which nations are sat at this table, the practical point should be obvious the route cannot pass through the territory of a state not represented here. Which means at present this is what we potentially have." she pushed her map into the middle of the table

Spoiler: map • show

"We start by building various hubs." Xiaoling said "These are the white circles and represent key positions along the route. So one in Himeyama, one in Herrunbucht, one in Revana, one possibly two in Ui Cenneslaig and one in Gowu. Why these places? Because these are the places where we can branch the lines out from the main lines. The black line represents the northern line running from Himeyama through to Rokkenjima by staying as close as possible to the northern Ardia coast, the problem comes when we get to Revana because without Sutherland and Bykrestan agreement we have to run the line direct to Rokkenjima as represented by the blue line. Ideally we'd like to be able to put a hub in Sutherland. The gold route, the southern line splits from the northern line in Herrenbucht and runs south of Escarion, through Ardia and into Ui Cenneslaig it then runs due east out of Ui Cenneslaig, skirts the Viljandi border and runs up the Ardian peninsula to Gowu. Again we'd like to have a different route as indicated by the green line by means of the southern line going through Viljandi with a hub being positioned there. Why am I going on about these hubs? Because these hubs allow greater connectivity within the network, by using Himeyama as a hub we have an opportunity to connect the network to pre-existing networks on the Horn, running to Ui Cenneslaig opens the door to Cantabria and other nations in that area, if we get Viljandi onboard then there's a chance to run a line south to Quintelia and include them, while a hub in Sutherland would allow us to potentially send a line north to the Iwi, Coanchua and Nueva Ardia, Gowu as a hub allows a line to run through Toshikawa and up to Rokkenjima with another line running out to Phuebra. These are roughly indicated by the red lines.

The real challenge however is going to be concerning how the railway operates, how it's regulated and ultimately how it is maintained. Funding the railway is potentially simple we can agree on the respective governments funding the construction and maintenance in each of their respective territories and pool funding for the rest[1], alternatively we agree a route or routes, we assess the cost of the route and pool funding between us. Regulation will be a more complex issue as this is a multinational venture and each state has their own regulatory laws. I also disagree with anything regarding contracts for those proposing to construct trains because that is the wrong point, it should not be contracts for those who wish to build trains but contracts for those companies that wish to use the line. This isn't about who builds the trains but about which trains use the line. It doesn't matter whether Ui Cenneslaig builds one hundred carriages or who they build them for - that's not something that we as the joint owners of this line are party to that is a private business deal. We are only party to the agreements concerning which companies use the line such as Achkaerin's luxury travel line White Stallion, if they wanted to use the line they would have to have a contract to use it. Now as I see it we need to do some things fairly quickly:

1) Agree a route or routes - approaching other nations if necessary
2) Determine funding costs for each zone of the track in terms of construction and the maintenance costs of the track upon completion
3) Draw up contract terms for companies wishing to use the line.

I propose that we focus our discussion on these initial points and deal with concerns after that point."
 1. This being for bits that are going through unclaimed territory OOCly

Offline Viljandi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Viljandi
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2017, 07:13:50 AM »
(OOC: Sorry for the interruption, but is it too late to get in on this?)

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2017, 11:52:44 AM »
OOC- Viljandi, just jump in.

Taoiseach Cadoc MacKenzie was next to speak, "I believe the majority of what our friend here just said to be reasonable, especially the issue of purchasing materials and equipment, but I think we can go further. There should be a commitment that every nut, bolt and electronic component, every single thing that is used in this process comes from Ardia. The aim of this railway is to promote Ardian Prosperity and not prop up the economy of somewhere like Dartfordia, as such I propose the creation of Ardian Rolling Stock Enterprises, a company that will see all trains, carriages and other needs of this project use components only from Ardia. So for example our trains, they may feature wheels made in UC, electronic components sourced from Himeyama, seats made in Rokkenjima, as such we safeguard jobs, promote competition globally, opposing the Albion or rather Dartfordian based virtual monopoly on train travel. The ins and outs can come once we agree who is in and who is out of this project but what do people think as a concept.

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2017, 08:10:39 PM »
"Rhand is favourably inclined towards the railway and believe that the Gowu proposal for the linking of the network to existing local rail infrastructure further improves the advantages of the proposal. We also agree with the idea that all contracts involved in the construction and operation of the network be awarded to Ardian companies.

In regards to the practicalities of construction and future operations we would like to suggest building upon UC's suggestion of the Ardian Rolling Stock Enterprises to create a Trans-Ardian Rail Corporation of which the Rolling Stock would be a subsidiary. This would be a Corporation established for the construction and future maintenance of the network, representation on the board of directors being granted to representatives of the member nations of project, funding to be provided by members proportional to the length of the track in their territory plus the pooled fund suggested by Rokkenjima.

This way standards of construction as well as good governance can be assured over the entire network and bypass one of the biggest vulnerabilities of such a project."

Offline Dawg_17

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Stål
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2017, 03:36:16 AM »
Stephen Cülston, the representative for Stål, rushed into the castle late as usual. It was his first time in Rokkenjima, and he wanted to make the most of it, however, it was at his own misfortune, as he left his letter from the President on a seat on the plane.

Good thing he memorized most of the key points.

"Due to the fact that Stål was not featured in the draft of the Trans-Ardian Railway, on behalf of Stål, I would like to make a statement. I propose that where the railway ends and continues to Sutherland, there is a split and it continues from there to Stål. On the other side, It may continue on to Sutherland for those who wish to carry on. This will greatly ease the transport of metal from our mines, to other nations in Ardia.
President Bjørn has asked me to tell all of you this, it is only as a united continent that we can help each other. And together...... Uhhh"

It was at that moment Stephen Cülston realized he messed up.
He forgot the next point.

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2017, 12:00:38 PM »
"That is possible." Xiaoling said "When the line reaches Revana's hub it splits and one line heads north into Stål this would potentially allow connections to Nueva Ardia, the Iwi and through the Iwi to Coanchua to be formed should those governments wish it. I believe that with that addition we have, unless anyone objects an agreeable foundation network.

I also agree with the representative of Rhand, there needs to be a governing mechanism of this to deal with matters such as awarding of contracts, line maintenance, disputes, jurisdiction, construction standards etc. This is a very simple matter and is easily accomplished. What needs to be considered is the funding issue, we have unless anyone objects a network basis agreed in terms of route, what we need now is to decide how we'll fund it, the representative of Rhand has made a suggestion that this be done by nations constructing track passing through territory supplemented by a pooled fund at present that's the only proposal in that regard, does anyone have anything they wish to add to that? If not then I believe we can move to the discussion of operational matters."

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2017, 10:24:21 AM »
Cesa typed what the leaders said onto his laptop while Ibañez eyed around the room, thinking what to reply. As Xiaoling finished his statement, Miguel stood up and began to speak. "The Gowu's proposal does seem better than the initial one, but I think that the creation of the Ardian Rolling Stock Enterprises, or ARSE, nice name by the way, may cause some problems." Miguel began as he held back himself from giggling on the name of the company. "Anyways, I do have a very important question." Miguel's slight smile disappears. "Where would ARSE have their headquarters? and Who would be the CEO? Cause I'm sure that at least some tension may happen if, no offense, Ui Cenneslaaig or the Allied States of Ardia get to control ARSE." Miguel finished as he sits down, looking over everyone once again.

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2017, 10:23:54 AM »
"Conceivably the participating nations would have equal representation on the board of directors of ARSE and would have the opportunity to vote for the CEO on the basis of merit, or the post could be one that rotated giving each nation a set period to have a CEO.

Though really I do not see that the siting of the offices and the nationality of the CEO would really matter too much in the grand scheme of things so long as decision making is democratic and representation is granted to all investing parties."

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2017, 01:23:26 PM »
"I imagine this would work similar to how the CETO works." Xiaoling said "Which is more or less what the representative of Rhand has said, each state has equal say in, representation, discussions and voting, we would essentially be agreeing here to put in place a board of directors to govern this railway with the position of Managing Director, CEO or Chairperson, whatever we want to call it being passed around between them in a set pattern for a set period of time, the CETO does it alphabetically for a year period and to be honest it is the fairest way of dealing with something like this as you avoid suggestions of this 'belonging' to any one state.

What I would propose is this - we run identical to the CETO model in this regard and we say that from the date of construction beginning that the first term of office for the first CEO or whatever the name is to be begins. This also makes it far easier to draw up the governing charter for the board of directors. We also have the basis of what ARSE should be in terms of operation. We have essentially got all the pieces in front of us, we just need to put them together."

Offline Tamed_Untamed

• Basically New Zealand
  • Just a writer.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Azenyanistan
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2017, 01:49:25 PM »
After sending Rosasoro away, Alsial thought about what to do concerning the Trans Ardia Partnership. But he couldn't give it too much thought and instead wished to do something himself. So he reviewed the invitation and then consulted his fellow Triarch. While she was tending to her garden.

It attracted her irritated side. She said quite sharply as she was doing something with the soil,

"Why don't you just fucking go ahead? Don't fucking approach me while I'm dealing with my plants. You know that, Alsial."

Alsial pressed it,

"Well, Soa, you don't have to be so irritated. I know that but this is important. It is a partnership. A way to connect nations together. I under-"

"I get it. I've gone over that shit. So go."

And go he did, catching another private flight to the host of the Partnership. Before that happened, he had someone inform their host that he was coming. And he himself would represent Sirinisi.

Whatever you say, Walker. No matter what happens next, don't be too hard on yourself. After all you've done, you can still go home...

- Konrad, Spec-ops: The Line