Author Topic: Heya from Jyre!  (Read 2422 times)

Offline Bookshop

• Microstate
  • https://www.nationstates.net/nation=jy_re
    • View Profile
    • Jyre's Factbook
  • Your Nation: Jyre
Heya from Jyre!
« on: May 06, 2022, 07:42:05 AM »
Spoiler: show
(pronounced on the cusp between jy-ree and zy-ree, with a trill on the r)

For millennia, Jyre has largely cut itself off from the outside world. With the Earth Mother's great walls encircling us, and the vigilance of Matron-Wardens past, we have felt little need to reach beyond our peaks.

Long have we evaded the circling hawks who would ravage our sacred vales, but we can no longer afford to let history pass us by. "The Beaver's dam floods the careless mouse's burrow." In a mere dozen generations, we have watched as the plow has grown into a beast of steel. Mechanical mills, set in mountains of brick, put even Arachne to shame. The air of your cities reeks of a hundred vapours from a thousand machines.

My predecessors watched warily from the peaks, carefully acquiring only what would not taint our idyll. And so we dragged ourselves arthritically forwards. It is our way to provide for our children without harming theirs. But our mountains and carefully guarded passes no longer ensure our safety. Planes and bombs and climate change and disease can all cut deep into our ancestral home, and unlike the Matron-Wardens before me, I can see the writing in the sky. Progress will not slow, and Jyre must learn to swim or drown.

I was among the first of my people's children to mingle with yours, and have seen much of what technology's womb has born. Wind, solar, hydro, geothermal, and even nuclear power have been advanced far beyond the rudiments my children cling to. Your sciences have delved into mysteries my forebearers could never imagine. By joining the world, I hope we further can tap all these sources. "The Eagle must stretch its wings before the winds can bear it aloft."

And so I am overjoyed to announce the construction of Jyre's first airport, and a commencement of formal diplomatic relations with the broader world. We pray for your patience as we integrate ourselves into the global community, and are preemptively grateful to every hand which lends aid. While Jyre will not open for foreign business investments, there is much to be discussed in terms of trade and the flow of information.

May your children grow wise.

Matron-Warden Savannah Bell of Jyre.

Offline tio_helper

• Administrator
  • Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Littlebrook
Re:
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2022, 07:42:05 AM »
Hi Bookshop,

Welcome to the Independent Order!

If you're new to roleplaying, please check out our guide to roleplaying!

In the meantime, be sure to claim your spot on the map, check out the Roleplay Rules and read our Criminal Code.

Got any questions? Head over to our Discord chat.

We hope you have a great time!

All the best,

The Independent Order Team
This account is a bot, please don't hurt it.

If you need technical help, please contact CGJ.

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Agira Latina
Re: Heya from Jyre!
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2022, 09:11:54 AM »
Awesome first post . Welcome to the region. If you need any help feel free to ask here or on our discord. Look forward to seeing more.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2022, 04:33:40 PM »
Spoiler: show
(pronounced on the cusp between jy-ree and zy-ree, with a trill on the r)

For millennia, Jyre has largely cut itself off from the outside world. With the Earth Mother's great walls encircling us, and the vigilance of Matron-Wardens past, we have felt little need to reach beyond our peaks.

Long have we evaded the circling hawks who would ravage our sacred vales, but we can no longer afford to let history pass us by. "The Beaver's dam floods the careless mouse's burrow." In a mere dozen generations, we have watched as the plow has grown into a beast of steel. Mechanical mills, set in mountains of brick, put even Arachne to shame. The air of your cities reeks of a hundred vapours from a thousand machines.

My predecessors watched warily from the peaks, carefully acquiring only what would not taint our idyll. And so we dragged ourselves arthritically forwards. It is our way to provide for our children without harming theirs. But our mountains and carefully guarded passes no longer ensure our safety. Planes and bombs and climate change and disease can all cut deep into our ancestral home, and unlike the Matron-Wardens before me, I can see the writing in the sky. Progress will not slow, and Jyre must learn to swim or drown.

I was among the first of my people's children to mingle with yours, and have seen much of what technology's womb has born. Wind, solar, hydro, geothermal, and even nuclear power have been advanced far beyond the rudiments my children cling to. Your sciences have delved into mysteries my forebearers could never imagine. By joining the world, I hope we further can tap all these sources. "The Eagle must stretch its wings before the winds can bear it aloft."

And so I am overjoyed to announce the construction of Jyre's first airport, and a commencement of formal diplomatic relations with the broader world. We pray for your patience as we integrate ourselves into the global community, and are preemptively grateful to every hand which lends aid. While Jyre will not open for foreign business investments, there is much to be discussed in terms of trade and the flow of information.

May your children grow wise.

Matron-Warden Savannah Bell of Jyre.

Well that is certainly a way to make a good first impression.

Samantran tourists are already looking forward to visiting your country:

Offline Bookshop

• Microstate
  • https://www.nationstates.net/nation=jy_re
    • View Profile
    • Jyre's Factbook
  • Your Nation: Jyre
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2022, 08:41:24 PM »
I thank you for your kind words, and pray your people will find our vales as beautiful as I do.

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2022, 08:43:29 AM »
Awesome first post . Welcome to the region. If you need any help feel free to ask here or on our discord. Look forward to seeing more.

Rob is a great resource for knowledge and support and will always guide you in the right direction. I am anticipating some great writing and hope you enjoy your time with us!

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis