Author Topic: Festival of Sail 2023 IC Thread  (Read 3347 times)

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
Festival of Sail 2023 IC Thread
« on: July 10, 2023, 09:49:47 PM »
As a little boy David had hated the festival. To him it was pointless, Morelanders hardly went anywhere and boats were pretty boring, they just bobbed about and were slow. While he still didn't get the excitement of them the grown up David had grown to love the festival and that growth was reflected in the public too. Tickets for the showgrounds were getting harder and harder to come by and despite pressure from the local council the King had refused to charge more for the tickets, this was a celebration for all Morelanders not just the wealthy. The showgrounds had changed too, the confines of Portworth Naval Base and the nearby Royal Marina could no longer contain the festival but thankfully keenly sensed developers had built newer Marina's in David's 30 years and more of life. Even the neighbouring town of Seabrooke had begun to see some overspill and that was great for the local economy. It was though the last three or four years that had seen a huge boost globally and in some ways David put that down to his wife. She had brought the young keen eyes of the fashionable crowds on Portworth and now the marina was already filling with a variety of rich and celebrity owned yachts, a good number considering the now Queen Stasya a friend.

This morning as the festival was preparing to get underway it was pretty routine. The white water front house with the clock tower that for the rest of the year served as the Commander of the Navies home was handed over to the royals. Admiral James Thompson had instead been spending his nights tucked up onboards the REMNS King Robert as the flagship of the navy. David liked the Admirals House, the doors of the 2nd floor balcony leading directly onto a dockside which was now filling with Royal Marines who would be a large part of the days activities. While today dressed in the black tunics and red trimmed trousers they looked perfect parade ground soldiers however beneath each white peaked cap was a commando proud to serve in the Navy and looking forward to their day. The King woke when the snap of hundreds of feet coming to attention indicated that it was time to get up. He leaned over and gently kissed the shoulder of Stasya, "Time to wake up" he whispered to her and even though she said nothing he could sense she was awake. "I'll get sorted and grab the kids. We'll see you downstairs." He swung himself out of bed and into the shower before dressing in his Alpine Cadre uniform. It was not his normal festival of sail attire but today there were a few things that would be different and a more formal approach would be required in his mind. His advisers had said he should wear his own Admiral of the Fleet uniform but there was just something wrong in his eyes about wearing a uniform he hadn't fought for beside he couldn't ever imagine wearing a uniform other than the black jacket and trousers of the Alpines, he adjusted his cross belt so the rather odd locking cartridge box sat in the middle of his back. Satisfied he donned the white beret.

"Very handsome" Stasya smiled at him from the bathroom door, she crossed and straightened his epulettes before kissing him. "I'll be twenty minutes" she told him. David would have liked the believe that but knew it was much more likely to be 30. He didn't argue and instead made his way down and found Rhiannon already up and about. She was ten years old now and David knew she would have outgrown her love for the Vikings boat but she still seemed excited for the day. She gave her father a good morning hug, she was dressed less casually than she had been in previous years, even she knew today would mark something important. Llewellyn arrived being carried by her auntie, Princess Freya, who like her brother had dressed in military attire which in her case was the 2nd Light Scouts. David smiled and snapped her a salute, he himself wore the rank of a mere Captain today while his sister held Major.

"Good Morning Captain Ironside. I have a Prince for you." She handed Llewellyn over to his father and snapped a salute back. The group stood chatting until Stasya joined them. At first David had concerns about her choice of attire, which was not unusual for the Queen. Today rather than it being the rather risqué nature of the outfit it was the colour scheme. She had opted for a pale blue dress with golden stitching around the neck and sleeves. To the unfamiliar it was just a nice dress however it was similar in palette to that traditionally worn by the Queen of Lodja, Stasya's own native homeland. David knew better than to critique his wife when it came to fashion and so instead complimented on her attire and once Rhiannon had taken hold of her step-mothers hand the family exited onto the quayside. A large crowd had gathered but was kept well back by a security barrier and the parading Marines would have formed a further barrier. The King had no need to tell Stasya to wait for the press to get their shot for tomorrows front covers as she was already ensuring she had spotted the best photographers and made sure to smile directly down their camera. The Marines paid their respects which David returned with a salute and then the family walked down the quayside. At the end of the Admirals garden that ran down the quayside a series of large white marquee tents had been set up, it was here the various VIP's could get breakfast and the royals sat and waited for the REMNS Mess Stewards to take their orders and bring coffee and juices. Even Rhiannon knew today was going to be busy and eagerly tucked into her Rice Crispies, it was going to be such a busy day her father even had given her permission for Coco Pops, a treat for only the most tiring of days. While others filtered into the tent for their own breakfasts the King exchanged only polite waves and nods, there would be a chance for more in depth meetings but there was a sense of nerves in the King.

Once the Rice Crispies had been consumed and David drained the last of his Green Tea it was time to get into position. Along the opposite quayside a large grandstand had been set up, effectively turning it into a kind of makeshift arena. The seats were already filling up and unlike everyone else who had to get past a Red Legion security check, masquerading as Royal Marines much to Sgt.Olly Thomas annoyance, before they could take a seat. It was a blessed day, the sun was up and not much wind and while that could be a problem for some of the sail boats the King was confident that Port Master Timothy Doben would have everything in order. Quiet likely even now out at the rendevous point out in the Mhorish he would be moving hundreds of ships ranging from large historical sail boats to modern day aircraft carriers into position. The parade of boats was a highlight for many and while it would still be around half an hour before the ships reached the sight of those attending the ceremony people sat on the approach beaches would already be waving at the passing ships.

The sight of tall ships like RNS Aggressor and Kaiwo-maru where the audiences first clue that the ships were close. Their masts visible above some of the more modern ships like the IMS Jehoiakim gave a real sense of just how much change had taken place. Doben had placed the replica of the HIMS Insolent at the lead of the tall masted ships, he knew King David's love of history and the romantic legend that went with it would be something that would please the King. Once the historic vessels, some needing a bit of held from tugs or local trawlers, had passed the various military ships came along. For many seeing Achkaerin's INS Rhyth Icerider brought back memories of the Lodjain conflict, a ship similar in shape, the Lodjain "Morelander" had gone rogue and been one of the first Moreland built ships in many decades to sink. A few who had been there in the Alucard for that battle muttered prayers of sorts wishing the Achkaerin sailors onboard better luck. The civilian ships were headed by the twin Rokkenjiman vessels, the HMY Austrana and United States while the final ship in that section was what Rhiannon called a rather "sweet looking" Akatatsu-maru. There was one final vessel. Traditionally the last ship in the parade hung a red lantern across its stern, today however there was no need. Apollo's Beacon shone its own inbuilt red light that even in the sun of the morning light could still be seen blinking steadily on and off. As the ships got closer to shore several kayakers and entusiastic locals in their own small sail boats got close and one or two nearly came to mischief when not heeding the calls of the marshals, especially when it came to the nimble vessels of Achkaerin's Mermaids who had been given permission to ride as almost outriders doing dives and leaps like dolphins alongside the parade. As the ships made the turn towards land they formed two columns, one heading for each arm of the large naval base. Only three ships proceeded towards the centre. REMNS King Robert as the nations flagship was in the centre of the three while to its starboard the "mega-yacht", Iskorian owned by the Pelagiya family, to the portside a sight that brought delight to the King, a river steamer from Ostlake. The King had been told it would only be here if the sea was calm and even now with the help of being slightly ahead of the other two it was not looking the most comfortable of rides. The three ships were able to tie up and a single figure appeared off each. A whistle blew a series of notes indicating they could approach. The three figures moved forward and meet just in front of the grandstand, in a dress almost matching Stasya's own was Queen Natalya of Lodja, in the centre a uniformed Alex Redfern in Red Legion dress attire and the final in a a smart suit but dirty leather apron Maxwell Power, the Royal Smith. The King stood and gave Natalya a bow, she had kindly agreed to be part of this slightly adapted opening. David waited for his press secretary Malcolm Tucker to check the microphone before he could address the crowd.

"I would normally begin today by saying welcome to the many hundred and something version of the Festival of Sail. Today though is for me something much more special. Today I am able to turn the tables on Lodja. I am fortunate, not also saddened, to have been part of three coronations in Lodja, this is an honour not before extended to a foreigner and while I wish I had only once undertaken this solemn but special duty I am delighted to welcome Queen Natalya here. Today she is helping us mark a special occasion in the life of my own family. Prince Llewellyn is now 18 months old which means I have just six months to ensure my duties as a father are completed in preparing him for his childhood. To a Morelander that means having a sword, something to practice and grow with when the time is right. Llewellyn though is a first for East Moreland, he is a child born of two lands. While he is a Morelander Prince he is also tied forever to Lodja and the Queen and myself want him to know both lands, both people and both cultures. We are therefore proud to hand the proceedings to Queen Natalya." The Lodjain monarch came forward and at the foot on the steps to the grandstand took a small purple cushion off of one of her strategically placed Ladies in Waiting. The Queen ascended to grandstand stage and approached the microphone.

"The ties between East Moreland and Lodja are stronger in my mind than any on Mundus. They are ties not built by diplomacy, by politics or money, they are ties built by love. That love is symbolised by the union of King David and one of my greatest friends Queen Stasya. That bond recently played out that our forces, for the first time in history, fought side by side to defeat an evil facing my people. During that time Lodjains knew our friends in East Moreland, as well as those of our CNN friends, Achkaerin and our new friends in Aosta would not allow evil to win and we are grateful for that. This is why I was so happy to be asked to do this. In Lodja a noble child becomes upon their birth a Patrician, an individual marked by our Gods and expected to lead those in their care to a better life. Our faith may differ but that duty is one Sessifet and Helus value. Prince Llewellyn may well be a Prince of East Moreland but he is also a Patrician of Lodja and today I present him with a symbol of that rank." The cushion had a silver bracelet, much too big for the child, in its centre. A pair of small red stones were placed in its band worked to sit as eyes upon a outline of a Honeybadger. The Queen gently took Llewellyn arms and slid the bracelet on making sure it didn't fall of. She placed a brushing kiss on the childs head as David held him. The King and Queen exchanged words and then David handed her the child as she made her way to stand next to Stasya.

David returned to the microphone. "The ceremony begins with me accepting my sword, today though I will be joined by my daughter for the first time." Rhiannon almost skipped forward to stand beside her father. "She one day will stand here in my place and take her own sword. Today though she will be acting as the Protector of the Sword, a position held by someone who will care for the sword of a child until they are ready to wield it themselves. My daughter has shown she's a fine swords woman herself and is an incredible big sister. When the time comes I know she will also be a great teacher for her brother." The crowd cheered loudly, Rhiannon was beloved by the people, partly because of the tragedy of her twin brother Caspian but also because of the fact she and Prince Augustin of Neu Urburzis had, at the age of six, "fought" Crocodiles in an aquarium to save Augustins pet rabbit Snufflechen. On cue Redfern and Maxwell headed towards the King with Redfern holding the Kings, a large straight edged cavalry sword ahead of him unsheathed. Max held on the flat of his palms a small sword, it would never do for an adult but that wasn't the point. The King had collected the raw materials himself from the Gods Forge here in Portworth and to the King this presentation was almost the sword returning home. Redfern offered the King his own sword and David accepted it, gave his friend a sweeping salute with it before ritualistically replacing it in the scabbard on his hip. At the same time Rhiannon took the sword from Maxwell and unsheathed it, she held it up the light inspecting it. Like her own blade had the date of birth was etched onto the blade which ran into a dark blue handle. The sword would likely last Llewellyn until he was a teenager and then like Rhiannon would soon he'd choose his own blade. Rhiannon checked the area around and her and sure no ones was closeby gave it a few swipes and swings. She then loudly spoke. "The sword is more than fitting for a Prince" Maxwell smiled acknowledging the words. Rhiannon sheathed the sword, turned and presented it to her father who attached it to his own belt and handed Rhiannon a small leather pouch which she couriered to Maxwell. "Payment in full for the work of a smith fit for Jekar" she declared and handed him the 112 silver coins.

"Thank you Your Highness" Maxwell winked at Rhiannon who had spent several hours watching him make the sword.

The crowd once again applauded and David spoke. "All that is left is for me to thank the men and women who serve in our Navy for their duty. I also want us to thank those who stood alongside them in Lodja and anyone who serves in the navies of the world ensuring the safety of the innocent on the seas. Today marks a day we celebrate the seas, for Morelanders they once stood as a barrier, a defence to keep out an imagined evil. Today they stand as a roadway leading old friends and new to join us as we try and build a better future not just for Morelanders but for the world. I wish each of you a happy Festival and fair seas." The King breathed a sigh of relief as his first task was done, the Festival was done and now he could enjoy himself a little. The family made their way back to the large tent, no doubt his Head of Household would have meetings and the like to keep him busy but that was usually more relaxed. As they returned to the tent Matilda Osman, the Kings divorced wife and mother of Rhiannon was waiting. As agreed she'd get day one of the festival this year with their daughter now that her own duties were over. The step-brother of Rhiannon, Oliver, was propped up in a wheel chair because of his Hunter Syndrome, his eyes though lit up when he saw his big sister who hugged him and begged her father to let her show him Llewellyn sword. David agreed and handed her the blade keeping careful watch as he and Matilda discussed parental matters for a few minutes, David would return to the Festival grounds each day and tomorrow he would be here with her so it was more a case of who was taking her to what, naturally as King it was David who could get access to some of the more unique parts and so Matilda was going to head to the Viking ship as Rhiannon wanted to discuss Axe V's Sword fighting but then she wanted to see Akatatsu-maru up close. Matilda first though wanted to get them drinks as she knew it could be a long day. They sat at the table next to David, Stasya and the other Ironsides and David smiled as he could hear Rhiannon gently explaining the story of Jekar making the first sword to the four year old Oliver.

The tables began to fill with various members of the East Moreland nobility, government and business worlds. It was a great chance to network but also for Sir Harry Samuelson to have his Hobbit like 2nd breakfast of grilled Mackrel on toast. On the table next to him Jocelyn Hopkins sat with a plate of toast and a sketch book in which she gently shaded a sketch as "Royal Artist in Residence" she would try and produce something for todays unique ceremony and for now was in her own little world. David would enjoy a 2nd Green Tea, wait for Rhiannon to go see her Vikings and then be about his own day, he had a feeling it was going to be a busy but rewarding day.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
Re: Festival of Sail 2023 IC Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2023, 06:27:16 PM »
Having her first official engagement as Empress being in East Moreland probably took a great deal of the pressure off of Serenity's shoulders, this was a country she knew fairly well and perhaps there was some twist of fate involved considering that her first official royal engagement had also been in East Moreland many years earlier during talks that had sprouted the Cultural Exchange Treaty Organisation. What didn't really help was that she'd brought the Royal Yacht, or technically ekranoyacht, along the Blue Vixen which meant that she was driving this particular marvel of engineering and more importantly having to dock the thing, still having landed it successfully on a Paracambian island the last time she'd used it Serenity was feeling reasonably confident in her ability this time, gently landing on the water she steered into dock and parked at the berth just behind the INS Rhyth Icerider and just in front of the Spirit of Mundus and the INS Northwind, the INS Dauntless the grand ironclad of over a century earlier wasn't too far away either. Getting out of the driving seat Serenity made her way into what was called the upper lounge according to the vessel plans but that she preferred to call the dining area, here she found her two daughters Astrid and Lisa playing a board game with Princess Euphemia of Rokkenjima otherwise known as Euphy and more significantly Serenity's girlfriend. Serenity carefully stepped through the space, so as to avoid disturbing Astrid's assistance dog a white sprightly terrier called Sparky, moving through to the bedroom that was hers for the trip Serenity checked her appearance in the wardrobe mirror it wasn't overly formal, in years gone by her father had worn his navy uniform to this but right now this did form part of her family's summer holiday so even though she was also a naval officer Serenity wasn't in uniform instead she was a little more casual a pair of black jeans and a turquoise t-shirt was her outfit of choice.

"So what's the plan?" Euphy asked leaning on the door frame as Serenity made sure her hair was alright.
"Well I've got one specific job to do first." Serenity said "After that it's up to the girls, see some ships, make some friends and regular raids on the ice cream stalls I imagine and we make sure to have at least one barbecue on the deck." she cracked a smile as the final member of the party Val Kirby, Astrid's sign language interpreter, came up from the lower deck that was pretty much the signal that it was time to go, stop number one King David, that sounded easy enough actually getting there well that was going to be fairly interesting.

The actual trip around the festival grounds was eventful, as the crowds flocked to the various vessels, Serenity made a point of congratulating the Blue Mermaid team on their display during the procession - it had been something that the team had been somewhat concerned about because it was not their usual fair but for the nine 'pilots' in their special blue uniforms and their commanding officer that worry was long gone now. Continuing through the grounds Serenity kept both her daughters close until finally they got to what looked like East Moreland's diplomacy factory considering how many people from different walks of life were in the place. As if right on cue Astrid and Lisa perked up having spotted food "Just don't eat all the strawberries this time." Serenity said, while signing for Astrid "I'll be over there for a few minutes. Don't make any trouble."

After both girls profusely promised to be on their best behaviour and under Val and Euphy's supervision went off to get some breakfast, Serenity made her way over to David and smiled warmly "May I?" she asked waiting for his nod before sitting down "This isn't what may be defined as official business it's more my fulfilling something my father wanted." she placed a small wooden box on the table in front of David "We gave you two of these a few years ago." Serenity continued glancing at where Rhiannon was still in storyteller mode for a moment, one of those two had been for Rhiannon and the other for Caspian. "When you named him sword father to Llewellyn my father had this commissioned, it took a while to make and then certain things happened which long story short means I'm giving this in his stead."

Spoiler: show

Upon opening the box David would find a necklace made of silver with a pendant reminiscent of a sword blade, the pommel so to speak was a ruby with smaller emeralds supporting it while on the front of the silver blade were a series of engraved waves in a tribal style of drawing while the back of the blade had a Morelandish inscription Llewellyn Ironside vaj qaw jIH lalDan'Ip  SoHlIj vav'etlh Peter Azurewind which in more common tongue meant Llewellyn Ironside in memory of my sacred oath your sword father Peter Azurewind

"Traditionally when a child is born in Achkaerin we say their birth is thrice blessed - by the celestial, the temporal and the elemental." Serenity said "That is represented in more modern times by the giving of a piece of jewelry to the child which embodies the three components one for the month of birth, one for the day of birth and one for the year of birth. So Llewellyn was born in December which is represented by the ruby birthstone for the celestial, he was born on a Tuesday which is represented by the emerald birthstone for the temporal and he was born in a year ending with one which is represented by the wave engravings symbolising the element of water." she smiled "That's the cultural explanation but otherwise it's a late an overdue birthday gift for Llewellyn."

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
  • Boldly staying where everyone has gone before
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Empire of DaitoTIO
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2023, 01:47:04 AM »
   A few hours prior, somewhere around 250 kilometers from Portworth, the Daitōjin flotilla, so to speak, was abuzz with activity. From the smallest of ships, the Akatatsu-maru, to the largest of warships, preparations were now underway for the coming parade. They were not the only ones attending, of course; after all, the Festival of Sail had been an international event for years, and since then it had continued to grow. But as the sun arose on that day, the day of the Festival, Eijirō found himself getting ready. This was his third time in the country and second time attending the festival, though it was notably the first time he was attending since his enthronement. Yes, he had already been presented with the sacred treasures, which had made him Emperor, but the Imperial Transition had not yet been completed back then. Now, here he was yet again, after just over two weeks at sea—plus a day spent in Paechon and a brief stop at Daitō's new base in Preoria—about to attend what was, in effect, the "fleet week to crown all fleet weeks", as he had taken to calling it in the last few days. Many things to see, many people to meet, and many customs to experience. Of course, it would be nothing like some of the ports of call he had visited during his time of navy, but that was more than fine.

On that note, Eijirō had not been on the Hikōkyōi for the entire time that they had been out to sea. As his security had been ensured by the presence of several ships belonging to the Imperial Navy, not merely including those that would be participating in the festival itself, he'd actually made a couple visits, including a few hours aboard the Sōryū, which had briefly accompanied them while in the Krimeon. During that stay, he'd reunited with some of his old comrades from VF-13, with whom he'd served during the Second Kalasinese War. Good times, that day, though it had now passed. In any case, he had to get ready for the day, but what to wear... Eventually, he would decide to wear a naval uniform, which fit with the nature of the event, though thankfully, due to the climate, he wouldn't have to wear the summer uniform. Oh, how he loathed that white monstrosity back tin the day. With that decided, he would head out onto the deck and watch the sun rise. It was a day he had been looking forwards to, after all.

"After all this time, we're finally here." Eijirō said with a sigh, leaning out on the railing as Mayumi walked over. "Just like last time."
   "Not really. I mean, for starters, we're here together, so that's something that this year has going for it." Mayumi replied. "That being said, was it really necessary to go by boat?"
   "I suppose not, but it wouldn't've been the same. Besides, it's so much better to be in the parade yourself." He smiled. "Just you wait, my dear."

An hour passed as the Daitōjin vessels got into position before slowly, they crept towards the coast and on to Portworth. There were many other vessels which joined them, from smaller ships such as the Akatatsu-maru and the IMS Jehoiakim to titans of the seas such as the INS Rhyth Icerider and HMY Austrana, and from old wind-powered vessels like the legendary HIMS Insolent to the newly-built IDN Akagi. There were some whose presence, however, Eijirō found to be amusing. The IRF Josiah Rhodes, ostensibly a part of the Rokkenjiman reserve fleet, had been sent to East Moreland, much as how, back in 2020, Daitō's own IDN Akitsukuni had attended, but in that case, it actually had some historical significance. This was just a battleship built in the 21st century, which in his eyes was a waste of money. It was already bad enough reactivating Akitsukuni in the early 2000s, during a period of uncertainty following the fall of the Federal Republic, but this? Well, it spoke for itself, he figured.

Eventually though, the time would come that the Hikōkyōi would come to rest in the port of Portworth, and Eijirō and his entourage would depart the vessel. There would be a time when they would pay their respects to their host, but for now, Eijirō, ever the navy man, decided he would have a look around. This was shaping up to be quite the occasion.

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2023, 09:11:03 PM »
Festival of Sail, East Moreland, aboard the bridge of Josiah Rhodes

Whilst many had called such ships relics of a bygone age it was well known in Rokkenjima the hammering one battleship had taken in the defense of an ally, the Josiah Rhodes. It was also not lost upon many that the vessel the Rhodes had defended was personally commanded by Empress Evanthe whose actions on that day saw the Gypsy Dancer live another day to dance. It did not escape the Empress' attention that Thomas seemed to look down from the bridge with an almost green tone upon his face, "For a view which terrifies, you're doing better than most I promise," the Empress said to Mr. Midshipman Waverly-Edwards, dressed in fullwhites. "I know they're not fielded by most navies these days but you're looking upon the seas from a vessel which earned 17 stars in the defence of the Kingdom of Seaforth, and while she wasn't included in recent reactivations of the Reverence Class she's still maintained in a seaworthy and battle-ready status, I promise you've nothing to worry about."

"And that reminds me," she continued as she paused for a moment to nudge her aunt, "take a look starboard yes?" "The Dancer," Evanthe would say aloud, "but how?" she contined. "Consider that I may have called in a favour," Gregory McKenna said in response, "you're welcome of course. Getting her off official duties to the Seaforthian Royal Navy was a nightmare," he continued. "My Uncle shared my desires to highlight what is possible through peace over hostilities so, here we are at the Festival of Sail. It helps that you spilled blood for Seaforth of course, regardless of your marriage you're just as Seaforthian as I am through that, but let us be glad we've none of the SCC searching for us in this reunion." Evantehe simply nodded, "Yes, 'tis a good reunion, just look at her though, that tough ship she is, my niece knows how to put symbolism in her deployments," Evanthe continued. "These two vessels, the Dancer and Josiah Rhodes each played their own roles in the downfall of the SCC, to see them together again makes me...feel...." "I know," the Empress replied, "you've a crew awaiting you over there too. They remember your command well, and for all the good reasons," the Empress said with a smile.

As the two spoke now-Admiral Penrose approached Evanthe and she instantly took to addressing her. "I never did get to properly thank you for saving our hides that day so," she said as she took Penrose's hands into her own, "thank you. A lot of good people lost their lives on that day, but we all fought to see that Seaforth didn't fall to the Church; what was it, the "hole a size of a car" they carved into your hull?" Penrose chuckled, "The honour was all mine, and this ship was never in danger of sinking, sure they got a few good hits but nothing they could've done would have prevented us from our mission that day. I understand the Empress and the Seaforthians have arranged a good bit of time for you upon the Dancer, still a few of your old crewmates still serving aboard her, don't waste time here," she said before giving Evanthe a salute, which the former Empress returned.

Once the ships had been disembarked from, and old ties had been renewed between the crews of the Rhodes and the Dancer Asuna found herself before King David. "I often imagined what my return here would be like, the sights and sounds, and yet here I am an Empress surrounded by those with so much more knowledge and experience than I hold. The kindness and understanding your nation showed me has not been forgotten so, I hope, we have an opportunity to later discuss just where our nations stand and, perhaps, sign that treaty my aunt never bothered with? Regardless, I hope to enjoy the sights and sounds of the Festival and to conduct some real business between us before I depart back to Rokkenjiman shores. I also hope I can see Freya, I do miss her," the Empress continued with a smile.

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Gusano

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Gusano
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2023, 10:32:49 PM »
Gusano had little to no maritime heritage, there was not much need to venture across Mundus' oceans when you had access to the divine land that formed the Eyrie. Aurora, the Veiled One, was nervous to attend this event. The details of previous years had shown a huge attendance by leaders across Mundus and Aurora had never really left her homeland. The 18 year old would have liked to experience what it seemed was the fashionable thing among world leaders, riding in the parade, but Aurora was not able to as they had no vessels here. Next year! The young leader was alos very conscience that her long black and blue robe and silver mask made her unable to blend in, that was amplified when Florián Montero accompanied her. He has forgone the offer from Aurora to wear a suit and instead as was expected of the First Sergeant he was wearing his bear mask helmet and standing at close to 7ft he was an imposing figure. The duo were joined by a couple of the Order of the Talon's black coated bodyguards who maintained a close watch over Aurora. They hung towards the back of the grandstand until the ceremony was over. Aurora liked it, the family all coming together was something she would miss, her own family not even allowed into the Eyrie portion of Gusano. She did her best to put the thought out of her mind as she made her way to the tent, it was awkward. The smell of the food was tempting but her mask was not exactly easy to eat through. It was the reason why the Veiled One never really threw state banquets so many nations enjoyed. She sat with her entourage doing some people watching while she considered what to visit first.

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lodja/Kaitaine
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2023, 11:30:34 AM »
With Natalya aboard the ship involved in the ceremony the Lodjain presence at the pre-ceremony part of the festival was the responsibility of Besarian Ivanov, at one time he had served as the Lord of the Conclave however Natalya had replaced him with Duke Lubos Kubik. Normally he would have been upset by such a decision however Natalya had created for him the role of "Queen's Envoy" which meant he got prestige, influence and direct access to the Queen but without having to actually do much day to day. He was married to Isidora these days and the young artists had helped him navigate the world of becoming somewhat of a philanthropic art collector. The two had arrived the day before and taken some time to enjoy the sights of Portworth. They'd dined with the Queen and her ladies, which had been a little awkward considering Besarians former obession with Lady Jasmina who had brought along the couisn of King David and seemingly her new boyfriend, Peter Kade. Now that the ceremonials were over the Lodjains split, Queen Natalya retreated to her home for the festival, the loaned Pelagiya yacht, meanwhile Besarian made his way to the tent. He had something awkward for King David however that could wait til the Achkaerin and Rokkenjimans had their moment.

Offline Abertone

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Abertone
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2023, 09:06:27 PM »
The cruise from Abertone to East Moreland had been pleasant enough aboard the Carmela as they'd bounded from port to port. The yacht had been built by Duke Luca De Angelis and named after his beloved daughter Carmela who was now the ships owner. She had even had a smaller but equally luxurious support yacht made and she saw the Festival of Sail as the ideal way to flaunt that while hopefully get into the Emperors favour. She had placed both vessels at the service of Emperor Marco. He had largely not really been too interested but Carmela had enjoyed her stops in the Iwi and then Lijaing where finally the Emperor had joined them. He sadly for Caremla had not turned up alone. Miss Aurora Napoli, the Emperors supposed Junior Foreign Minister had joined them. Carmela, eager to get into Marco's good books, moved a few of her own staff out of the yachts rooms and into the support yachts but despite having made two rooms available it was clear only one was being used. Even though Marco claimed that Aurora's presence was needed for briefing him and monitoring dealings in the Eastern part of the Empire yet it seemed she was able to do that most of the time dressed in a bikini. There was little however that Carmela could say.

It was once they reached Eskdale that Aurora left and for a while she thought she would have a chance to earn his good graces however it seemed the Emperor was busy setting up further diplomatic meetings now. While he was always polite, charming and grateful to Carmela for her hospitality aboard he was clearly pre-occupied. The Emperor was meet in Portworth by his cousin, Graziano, who most knew was the true manager of the Empire. The relationship between Marco and Graziano was like a classic rock band, Graziano the quiet John Deacon or Roger Taylor, meanwhile Marco was like a Freddie Mercury, but merely in the charisma stakes. Marco returned Carmela's hospitality by taking her to the opening ceremony and now once that was over he turned to her. "Duchess Carmela, it has been a pleasure meeting you these last few days, rest assured I will not forget your generosity. I hope you will dine with me and my family tomorrow night and of course enjoy the festival." He kissed her hand and then made his way towards the VIP area where he spied the Lodjain Besarian Ivanov. "Duke Besarian" he extended a hand, "we meet briefly at the Pelagiya family ball. I was wondering whether the Queen is around as I would like to convey my respects, I also have a gift for one of her Ladies, I assume Lady Tonya has accompanied them?"

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2023, 08:09:52 PM »
David of course was pleased to see the Achkaerin delegation arrive, naturally he would have preferred it to have been Peter but it was nice that Serenity had come for her first festival as Empress. "You're always welcome" David said as a white clad naval steward pulled her seat out for her to take a seat. As she presented the necklace David felt a sadness, "Just a moment please" he looked past Serenity to where Rhiannon was just about done with her story, "Rhiannon come here please." He instructed his daughter and as ever the 10 year old made her way over. "Rhiannon, this is Serenity, she is the Empress of Achkaerin and the daughter of Llewellyn's sword father, yours to." David watched as his daughter gave a small courtesy. "The Empress has brought a gift" He showed her the necklace.

"Thats like the one on my desk tree" the Princess said.

"Yes it is" The Princess had lots of formal attire but David had insisted that the important ones were always on an ornate carved tree on her desktop so she was always reminded. "You remember what its for?" Again the Princess nodded. "Well as Protector of the Sword for Llewellyn you need to make sure this is kept safe too." Rhiannon looked at the necklace, thanked Serenity and then was told to head back to her mother and brother, she took the necklace to show them and David was sure Serenity would hear Rhiannon explaining to Oliver what it was. "Thank you" David added his own thanks. We still hold out hope that your father will one day grace the Festival with his presence." He added. "I suppose the majority of your times focused on the Mundus Games, I don't suppose I could offer you some cash to help out the Honeybadgers could I?" He grinned.

As the King and Serenity chatted young Empress of Rokkenjima appeared, "Please join us" David motioned as the Naval Stewards hurried to do chair duty for the foreign royal. "The treaty that was put together seems a long time ago, there will be a need for some review from my side, fingers crossed everything is still in order. As for other business that's kind of what the Festival has become, floating stuff and diplomacy. As for Freya she is around somewhere." David looked around but there was no sign of his younger sister but that would soon be remedied. David had his security detail radio Freyas and twenty minutes later the Princess arrived still dressed in her Light Scouts uniform, ever the soldier she saluted the Empress.

"Its good to see you again. This time perhaps less walking will be involved." Freya added her salute over she took off her peaked cap and joined the table having ordered herself a round of toast and marmalade.

Across the tables Sir Charles Townsend had just finished his kippers and dabbed a napkin at his mouth before thanking the Naval staff for their hospitality. He tucked the programme for the day under his arm and donned his straw panama hat and was heading for the tents exit when an intriguing sight appeared, a tall wall of a man seemingly dressed as a bear and a figure in a silver mask. "How very interesting" Charles said to himself and watched as she took a seat seemingly with no agenda. Sir Charles approached and stopped a little away from the table. "If I may be so bold, Lady Aurora of the Eyrie?" He waited for the confirmation and then took off his hat and bowed not entirely sure if that was protocol but it was polite. "Please allow me to introduce myself. I'm Charles Townsend, honoured to be the Swordmaster of the Royal Household, can I be of any assistance?"

Back at the King's table David's eyes were watching the room, he'd just spotted Aurora's arrival and was going to invite her over until he saw Sir Charles intercept her. He liked Charles even though he suspected he had taught Rhiannon some not exactly honourable swordsmanship tricks but he himself had once been on the receiving end of quiet a few and he figured it wouldn't do any harm. He did however spot Lord Besarian and excusing himself momentarily went to great the Lodjian.

Across the Festival grounds the King's cousin and Foreign Minister Orlaith Kade had been busying herself at the Preorian RNS Aggressor while now heading to find a coffee before some meeting in an hour or so. As she was looking for the stand that normally sold that fancy caramel coffee that she liked she spotted Emperor Eijirō and his entourage. "Never off duty heh" she said to herself and headed over hoping the purple lanyard and huge ID pass she had on gave her identity away as at least someone the Emperor should speak to. "Good Morning Your Imperial Majesty" She gave a bow, "I'm Duchess Orlaith Kade, East Moreland's foreign minister, I hope you've made yourself at home?" She asked, "My cousins over in the VIP tent if you're looking for him, alternatively there should be somewhere to get a very good coffee somewhere if your thirsty" She looked around and thought she'd found the stand. "Can I ask if your simply here for sightseeing or can we help you with something."

Offline Kodima

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Danekamp
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2023, 09:10:30 PM »
Prince Meir might have been the heir to the throne of Kodima but he wasn't here as a diplomat, just someone on a mission so to speak. Meir was fortunate enough that his father gave him freedom and expected him to effectively have a day job. That had granted Meir oppurtunities he knew other royals likely didn't and today he had two sets of credentials hanging around his neck. First there was the purple lanyard that marked him as a foreign guest, then there was the press ID he'd been issued by the Kodima Journal of Culture, a magazine that wrote stories about the traditions and rituals of Mundus. He'd had a good chance to travel and take photos, something he loved and if given a choice between being a Prince or Photographer would have opted for the life behind a camera rather than on a throne. He'd spent a lot of the opening with the various other photographers getting shots of the ships coming in but during the opening ceremony he'd been able to get into places other photographers could have only dreamed of. He was conscience though that people also wanted some privacy and so now as he entered the VIP area he put the camera away even though he suspected he could have got some interesting shots. He looked around and saw the Morelander King surrounded by visiting royals and so determined that could wait for later. He scanned the room again and spotted Jocelyn Hopkins, she was an artist he was familiar with  her work and so he figured it could be an interesting opportunity to make some contacts. "You are Jocelyn Hopkins aren't you?" He asked, "I'm Meir from Kodima, I wonder if I can join you. I'm a follower of your art work and while our mediums are different I do consider myself a bit of an artist" he tapped his camera bag.

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2023, 12:17:02 AM »
Sutāraito bowed her head respectfully, "Thank you and yes, quite some time has passed since then as have things changed, though it is my hopes for the better as I chart this course so to say. There was some debate as what to send I must admit, though the choice of the Josiah Rhodes seemed natural; named for someone we both hold in high esteem and one which fired her guns in the defense of a treasured friend of us both. It's also good to see you again, Empress," she continued as she tried to become more comfortable in this setting. There were students her age reading from their textbooks of the exploits of the people she now sat with, and that was something which was somewhat difficult for her mind to wrap itself around. Would students one day be reading about her actions here, the potential signing of a Treaty which had collected a considerable layer of dust, amongst other things she might do? It was perhaps another sign that her life had truly changed, and that her actions and conduct mattered much more beyond her individual life; they carried with them both potential and consequence for the whole of the First Empire. She only hoped she would make the right decisions.

Upon the appearance of Freya Sutāraito paused, and she was certain it was very noticeable. Turning a shade of red she whispered to Freya, "Do forgive me but I don't know what to do, do I salute you in return? Still working on my diplomatic protocol with McKenna and Seven Divine I don't want you to be the one I fall on my face in front of..."

As the moment passed she regained some manner of her composure and nodded, "Yes, it's good to see you again as well. I wouldn't mind some walking though, if we have the chance I'd love to see some of the vessels assembled here and show you around the Austrana, if you have the time of course? I'd appreciate an outside set of eyes looking her over, and I wanted to thank you for things so I've prepared a bit of a performance. The Austrana's organ is presently being overhauled, so the harpsichord will have to do."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2023, 11:31:39 PM »
Jocelyn hadn't expected to be disturbed, not that she minded. She wasn't fully aware of who this man approaching her was but he did seem slightly familiar. She looked up from her sketchbook and was thankful that he introduced himself. Now she knew her was a Kodiman royal she stood and gave a small bow. "I'd be honoured if you joined me Your Highness" she said. She might have been a commoner by birth but her grandfather being Sir Charles Townsend meant she'd spent most of her life around the nobility so she moved between the two worlds with relative ease she was however rather surprised that a Kodiman Prince considered himself a follower of her work, perhaps he was merely flattering her but obviously it didn't do to suggest he was being dishonest. "I'm grateful for your kind words and I would most certainly consider photography a form of art, is there anything I can help you with while your here?"

Freya couldn't help but smile, it made her consider just how quickly perhaps Sutāraito had inherited the throne. Rhiannon was already on the path to this level of diplomatic education and she'd attended enough state occasions that she was perhaps considered a veteran for now. In response though to the Empresses question Freya gave an equally quiet answer, "For now you nod respectfully and say "Thank you Major" the formalities out the way Freya removed her hat and took a seat. "Your protocol will end up being what it is, but make it consistent. As for saluting goes our own nations tradition says the salute goes back to the time of knights, they would lift their visor when approaching each other with their right hand, it served two purposes, first they could see each others eyes and that is important when talking to someone, secondly and possibly more important it showed they came respectfully in peace. The idea of respect is important so if you show respect to a salute the manner in which you do it is less important. David for example always gives a nod of his head and the words Thank You followed by the persons rank, unless of course he himself is in uniform at which point he simply returns the salute, nationality or religion pay no role in that, but you'll find your own way for your own reasons." Freya had nothing planned for herself and so having instructed her security escort she tossed her uniform jacket and cap to one of the stewards. "Shall we go see the Austrana then?" She said as she rolled the sleeves up on her khaki shirt.

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2023, 12:40:06 AM »
"Thank you Major," she said with a nod of reverence. Her prior time in East Moreland had seen Sutāraito gain a respect for Freya that rivaled perhaps her childhood reverence for Tytorian royalty. "My mother and aunts have usually responded with a nod or bow, no lower than that presented, so I guess that's sort of difficult to translate in response to a salute, but it's at least a set of examples to follow." At the mention of going to the Austrana the Empress' face lit up, "We shall," she continued with a smile. As they made their way to the Imperial Yacht they eventually passed the Josiah Rhodes, with the Empress pointing to her 18" guns. "Last fired in anger in the defense of the Seaforthians, and I've heard she took quite the beating in her defense of the Gypsy Dancer. Most don't recognize it upon seeing her but," she pointed to a dent in her armour, "they could never seem to bang that one out; almost like a scar she still bears the wounds of that engagement."

"Our first stop is the theatre," she continued. "The harmonics of the ship itself play a large role in the playing of this piece, it's almost like playing the entire ship as an instrument beyond the keyboard and pipes that you see before you, and while I can never properly thank you for the time we spent together, it's the best I can do in the moment. I do hope you enjoy it," she said as she took her seat at the console and began to play a piece she had studied a hundred times over before presenting it to observing eyes, in a perfomance those far beyond the confines of the Austrana could most certainly hear.

Upon finishing her performance she rejoined Freya, "she was built in 1961, and though she's small she's every much an ocean liner as her larger cousins, possessing all the grace and strength that they do to battle the waves of the high seas. Since her conversion to the Imperial Yacht she's essentially a floating Imperial Palace, with all the functions and capabilities provided at the Palace being available to me here, wherever I should be in the world. We could go to one of the restaurants aboard her, or I could show you the bridge, or anything in between. While I wish to show you because I've got so many memories here, I also appreciate that you're not Rokkenjiman or Achkarinese, so you'd be someone I could count on to tell me if something is deficient in the security aspect of things. Before you say it no, we don't play on the organ while we're out to sea trying to conceal where we are to the best of our abilities," she continued with a chuckle.

As they walked throughout the Austrana the Empress sighed, "I have a decision to make, and I know my mother would be cautious about it and I don't want to worry her, but the women who have sat on Chrysanthemum Throne have served in the Imperial Rokkenjiman Military, and I want to serve on a ship. I want to take the lowest rank in the Service and ascend, but how do I break it to her and resolve her anxieties? I'd have a McKenna manning the post while I'm away so at least there's a stable hand making sure things are good for my return, but how do I get her to get over her issues and not worry about me? I mean, how can I be Empress of millions of Rokkenjimans if I don't put my life on the line; I couldn't ask them to do so if I'm not willing to lead by example, you know? I'll do this with or without her blessings, but how do I secure them? I don't just want to be an Empress because I was born one, I want to earn it. You know what I mean?"

As she awaited her answer she pointed again to the Truden, "I bet my aunt is doing just fine over there, she's a hardass you know?" She paused and covered her mouth, "And I cursed, I apologize if I've offended," she trailed off. "But really," she continued, "she's a reputation amongst the Seaforthians, "Seaforthian by blood" if I remember right, I don't want to be Empress of Rokkenjima because I was born into it, I want to earn it, if that makes sense? I want to lead by example, and this is the most obvious way to, would you do it if you were me?"

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2023, 05:36:35 PM »
Asuna's somewhat prompt arrival and departure had meant that Serenity hadn't continued her conversation with David, instead the Achkaerinese Empress had sat there and kept her ears open while watching first Rhiannon showing Oliver the necklace and explaining all about it, it brought a smile to Serenity's face to see the interaction and truth be told she was fairly certain that Rhiannon could probably give the best story tellers a run for their money. It wasn't lost on Serenity that there were a few twists of fate, unintended coincidences or whatever else you could call it that seemed to have bound the two nations as friends and it was a friendship that continued to grow. When Asuna and Freya left, there was a momentary Spock esque raised eyebrow from Serenity not even going to take a swing? You probably won't get a better chance the thought went through her head before turning back to David

"Hosting the Games, or 'bringing the games home' as it's been termed is something I wasn't expecting to find myself doing, we planned to bid but at the time of those conversations I wasn't the Empress, I was getting ready to try and defend my heptathlon title and now that's not happening and I'm getting ready for opening night by trying my hand at multiple different sports in the run up, which probably means I'm going to be battered and bruised by the end of it." Serenity said taking a moment "As for Dad well..." she couldn't hide the slight smile "The Doctors are getting a little more hopeful lately, he's still in a coma but it's feeling less and less like we're dealing with the worst case scenario. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw him wandering the festival grounds again in the future either but that's based on him not liking unfinished business and he still owes Evie some ice cream I believe."

Offline Gusano

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2023, 09:24:48 PM »
Aurora had very little knowledge of East Moreland's knights of the realm. She was unsure as to what Sir Charles could actually do and it pained her to have to admit to that. "I'm afraid Sir Charles that I do not really understand the Morelander system of nobility and government. I would hate to request from you something beyond your power. I came here to meet people from other nations as I understood the festival is a place the leaders of Mundus gather but beyond that I had hoped to meet some of the technical powerhouses behind the various Chamwick projects as we believed, I think wrongly, this would have an element of an defence show within it. Have I got the wrong end of the stick or is this possible?"

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2023, 06:26:26 PM »
Besarian was still waiting for a chance to speak to King David, his matter was not urgent and while there were other ways he could deal with the matter, such as giving King David the letter in his jacket pocket to read at his leisure, but those were not exactly fair to the monarch. He was enjoying a plate of poached eggs and toast with his wife when the Emperor of Abertone arrived. "Your Imperial Majesty" he stood and bowed, "May I introduce my wife, Isidora. The blonde haired younger woman stood and bobbed respectfully to the Emperor. "As for her Divine Majesty she's basing herself on the Pelagiya families yacht during the event and yes Lady Tonya has made the journey, it a full scale Lodjain expedition in a way." He smiled, the Queen never travelled without a rather large entourage. Besarian looked back over at the King of East Moreland who was still in conversation and made his mind up that he'd come back later. He tapped his hand to the letter he was carrying and then finished his coffee. "Could we accompany you over to the Iskorian?" Besarian asked as he stood and pulled his wife's chair out for her.

The trio made their way through the crowded docksides until they reached the Iskorian. A pair of naval guards manned the walkway and stepped aside to let the Duke, Duchess and their Emperor guest through without question. Natalya was sat on the upper most deck with her Ladies and a few other gentleman who were in the midst of telling her all about some floating energy contraption, one of several meetings with people she'd arranged for the visit. "She should be done soon." Besarian informed the Emperor having caught the eye of Lady Jasmina who was the most senior of the Ladies. In the meantime Besarian offered the Emperor a "Bloody Mary" a hearty way of kickstarting the day. Once the Queen was done Lady Jasmina gave Besarian a small sign to come over. "She's free" Besarian said pointing with his head and crossing the deck to the comfortable looking horseshoe of seats. "Your Divine Majesty I'm sure you know Emperor Marco, I just happened to bump into him and he asked if he could stop by and pay his compliments to you, and to Lady Tonya." With that Besarians job was done and he wandered back to his wife considering whether the Morelander King would be free or not by now.

"Emperor Marco lovely to see you again." The Queen stood to greet the Emperor. "I wonder what brings you here" she gave a mischievous side glance to Tonya. "How can we be of service."

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2023, 11:45:59 PM »
Sir Charles found the "Veiled One" hard to read, usually a persons expression gave away so much but here that was a one sided affair. "My Lady I am not a member of government so to speak but I'm fortunate enough to have a few contacts, if you like I can make introductions to a young chap by the name of Martin Dawson, he's the founder and owner of SmartWar, I have counted him amongst my students in swordplay, I can also make introductions to Lord Lucas Osman and through him you can meet OsmanTech, not maybe perhaps the most defence focused of businesses but naturally a company with such a large portfoilio they likely will know someone who knows someone who works somewhere." He did his best to sound confident of being able to help. "However I would urge you to take advantage of that and your giant chap here." He pointed first to the pass around her neck all VIP's had been given and then to the Bear Masked gentleman escorting her. "That pass and you're mask will get you into most places here I would guess. If you have somewhere you'd like to go just go and present yourself. You're in a nation that I believe you've begun building good relations with following King David visiting and here in East Moreland someone the King considers a friend is afforded all the help they need. I'd be happy to accompany you if you'd like?" He concluded.

David had noted Besarian waiting and was about to offer him the chance to come and join him and Serenity however he relaxed a bit when he saw Emperor Marco arrive and then moments later leave. It seemed the Lodjain had no urgent business with him, he made note though to track the man down later or perhaps get his cousin Peter Kade to go and find out what Besarian had wanted after all he was now the representative on the Isle of the Goddess so likely knew Besarian rather well. He turned his attention back to Serenity. "Hopefully you won't mind me swinging by to see your father when I pop over the games?" He asked. Turning the conversation back to more pleasant matters he asked another question, "I assume you'd like the low down on the best ice cream places?"

Freya meanwhile as they headed over to the Austrana had to reflect that she was no sea-farer. She herself had been in the hills of Seaforth's highlands with the Light Scouts while the sea battle had raged and after her experiences in Safraen had zero desire to be near a naval vessel in wartime ever again. As she listened to the music she had to admit it was pretty enough but it wasn't her taste, the skill required to play it was unquestionable but the music just seemed to be layer upon layer of sad sounds. It seemed to her like something you would play at a sombre funeral of the like. Politely though she applauded the Empress after her playing. "That's quiet a talent" She remarked. "Personally I think I think the musical ability is lacking across the Ironsides, we're not really a family renown for being blessed with any musical talents. David has two left feet, much to the annoyance of Stasya, meanwhile I gave up playing the guitar after about two lessons preferring the sword to the chord." She reflected for a moment, "Joanna had a decent singing voice but that's the extent of the Ironside music gene there, having heard Rhiannon playing her recorder I've pushed for my brother to bring about a nationwide ban in the instrument." Suddenly the Empress dropped in the idea of commenting on security. "Remember I'm a soldier yes, and I like to think a pretty decent one,  but I'm no expert on security of this nature. Defending a fox hole and securing a palace, even a floating one, are two very different prospects. That's why we have specialists and we don't even stick Red Legion in control of that, we have the Royal Protection Agency who handle our security and when it comes to protecting our family its them who take the lead, Red Legion merely back them up. What I would say is I'd find it strange that in times of non-emergency there is a reliance on another nation to oversee your security the message it would send to our troops if say a Vaguzian had say over my brothers protection wouldn't sit right with us and certainly not with our military. I'm not saying the Achkaerin elements aren't good, just things sit different when you're looking after your own." Not really sure where a trip to the bridge would lead Freya steered them to somewhere they could get a drink, she knew the Rokkenjimans were known for their mead so she was rather keen to try a glass. There things took a more serious turn as Sutāraito talked about her desire to serve. "I'm going to give you the short answer that you won't like then explain. The simple answer is you don't serve. Doing so is unfair to the people you would serve alongside. You're situation is different to mine and my brothers. Yes like your nations royalty there is an expectation we serve, in fact in East Moreland its every able bodied persons duty to and that extends to the royals. As heir David knew he would be expected to do more than national service, Joanna did her time but was always destined for the Priesthood meanwhile I was the youngest and frankly could make my own path. There were three of us, David the heir and two spares. If a Borlander happened to take out David while he was serving in the Alps then Joanna would inherit. If I got killed on active duty it didn't matter. When our father died we were all seasoned military figures or invested in the Priesthood. The moment we knew of our father's passing David was removed from the front line and while he wished to stay on and serve it wasn't possible. Your either King or your a soldier. He wears the uniform now because I think he wishes he could still be that soldier, but he can't. I meanwhile remain the spare and have that freedom. Like it or not your future is the throne. Serving in the military even as the lowest ranked officer will mean a year of your life gone. You're a nation thats just come out of a kind of constitutional crisis, do your people deserve to go through 12 months of having yet more stand in leadership? You also can't serve because you can't take any oath of loyalty. You want to be no different to the rest of the military but you can't take an oath to yourself. In East Moreland we swear to "faithfully defend the monarch, thei heirs and successors, in person, crown and dignity, against all enemies, and will observe and obey all orders of the monarch." I assume Rokkenjima has something similar. How can you stand there on a passing out parade and take that promise and then go on active duty with someone who has promised to obey all your orders yet they now have to give you orders. There is a chain of command and like it or not you are the top of that chain. You being anywhere else in the chain causes confusion and no military unit wants confusion. Like it or not you are Empress for the same reason David is King, you just happened to pop out of the right womb at the right time. You say you need to put your life on the line, you already have. You have already given up a normal childhood, you've got to face you've given up any chance of a normal life and you've already seen you're a target after you're issues with the Borlanders. Every waking moment your putting your life on the line for your people. If you want to earn the respect of your military its simple, understand that you're going to ask people to die for you and ensure that when you do its for a decent reason. Us soldiers are a strange group and give our respect for a whole range of reasons beyond it being people you've served with. Rhiannon is ten years of age and already beloved by our military, the reason why being she's their future leader and has been seen to stand up for whats right. I'm going to speak bluntly, you serve in the armed forces you're making life harder for the people you claim you want to respect you. You want them to trust you and be loyal then act like their leader not one of them, if you've not put down on paper arrangements that make it so every serving member of your armed forces knows they'll be looked after, we call it the Covenant in East Moreland. You give us your career as a Legionnaire, Airmen or Sailor and we guarantee you'll be looked after. Look at our injured veterans, we've a huge number working in the admin departments of our units to ensure they still have jobs. Spend time with them without being one of them." As the phone went and the Empress apologised for any cursing Freya had to laugh, "You realise that between us and the Seaforthians I don't think there is much in not sugar coating things, just don't curse in public." she chuckled before finishing, "You say you want to lead by example, that doesn't mean getting shot at, that doesn't mean eating crappy food and force marching miles carrying what feels like a small house on your back, that's what private soldiers can do and I've meet enough of them to know I wouldn't follow them anywhere. Leadership comes in many forms and Mundus has had many great leaders who never faced shot or shell. Look at Willa Sunbrek, career politician who saw her nation through troubled times, Viktoriya Tar dragged Lodja towards the 21st Century and was beloved, Queen Aoife of Eigg leads her people towards self determination and will succeed, never served a day in her life. Plus if I see you in uniform I'll have you doing push ups til your arms fall off and then you'll not be able to play that organ thingy ever again." Freya concluded.

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2023, 01:45:54 AM »
"I....I understand," Asuna would respond after some time of contemplation. "I promise you I'll give them my all, I'll be their champion until I die, I'll make sure that when I request the ultimate sacrifice in the defense of our Empire it's worth it, and I'll stand by our values in all arenas, I still have so much to learn from you and I'm so lucky to have such a teacher, you do kick serious ass you know? I wanted to bleed with them, b.uot there is so much more to be considered, I did't know, they'll be taken care of. Thank you for your insight, I never would've seen it that way. I'll be there for them all though, every last life, I won't let them be forgotten."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2023, 10:40:35 PM »
"Of course I don't mind" Serenity said smiling "In fact I suspect you visiting will do him the world of good, familiar voices and all that." she took a breath glancing at where her daughters were still behaving themselves "Yes if you'd be so kind I'd love to know about the best ice cream places, because those two." she indicated her head towards where Astrid and Lisa were being a little sociable "Are very likely to want to demolish as much ice cream as they possibly can."

Offline Abertone

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Abertone
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2023, 10:23:31 PM »
Besarian was still waiting for a chance to speak to King David, his matter was not urgent and while there were other ways he could deal with the matter, such as giving King David the letter in his jacket pocket to read at his leisure, but those were not exactly fair to the monarch. He was enjoying a plate of poached eggs and toast with his wife when the Emperor of Abertone arrived. "Your Imperial Majesty" he stood and bowed, "May I introduce my wife, Isidora. The blonde haired younger woman stood and bobbed respectfully to the Emperor. "As for her Divine Majesty she's basing herself on the Pelagiya families yacht during the event and yes Lady Tonya has made the journey, it a full scale Lodjain expedition in a way." He smiled, the Queen never travelled without a rather large entourage. Besarian looked back over at the King of East Moreland who was still in conversation and made his mind up that he'd come back later. He tapped his hand to the letter he was carrying and then finished his coffee. "Could we accompany you over to the Iskorian?" Besarian asked as he stood and pulled his wife's chair out for her.

The trio made their way through the crowded docksides until they reached the Iskorian. A pair of naval guards manned the walkway and stepped aside to let the Duke, Duchess and their Emperor guest through without question. Natalya was sat on the upper most deck with her Ladies and a few other gentleman who were in the midst of telling her all about some floating energy contraption, one of several meetings with people she'd arranged for the visit. "She should be done soon." Besarian informed the Emperor having caught the eye of Lady Jasmina who was the most senior of the Ladies. In the meantime Besarian offered the Emperor a "Bloody Mary" a hearty way of kickstarting the day. Once the Queen was done Lady Jasmina gave Besarian a small sign to come over. "She's free" Besarian said pointing with his head and crossing the deck to the comfortable looking horseshoe of seats. "Your Divine Majesty I'm sure you know Emperor Marco, I just happened to bump into him and he asked if he could stop by and pay his compliments to you, and to Lady Tonya." With that Besarians job was done and he wandered back to his wife considering whether the Morelander King would be free or not by now.

"Emperor Marco lovely to see you again." The Queen stood to greet the Emperor. "I wonder what brings you here" she gave a mischievous side glance to Tonya. "How can we be of service."

Marco was keen to present the image of a gracious noble and so upon being introduced to Besarians wife gently offered a hand, "I assume its Lady Isidora, I'm honoured to meet you." He turned to Besarian, "You're indeed blessed with a beautiful wife." he added remembering the value Lodjains put on physical appearence and therefore assuming he would not have offended. The Emperor was pretty impressed by the Pelagiya families private yacht and while he had a whole host of luxury to fill his days with he had no yacht that would compare, a few sail boats but this was like a luxury hotel on the waves. While he waited for the Queen to finish her current conversation he made small talk with Besarian and Isidora while enjoying the beverage, it wasn't what his own personal choice would be but it hit the spot. While he talked he kept glancing over at the Queen and her ladies, especially Tonya who had inspired his visit.

Once introduced to Natalya he gave her a small bow, "Queen Natalya its wonderful to meet you again, and you look as beautiful as ever." It was true she was a striking woman but for now at least he sensed she would show little interest in his attentions as after all she was constantly linked to some Maori gentleman. "I came to ask both you and of course Lady Tonya if I could return the favour for the kindness shown to me when I visited Lodja." he produced from his jacket a small box which he offered towards Tonya, "I wanted to give you a small token of my thanks." There were a pair of gold earrings inlaid with red stones. "I also wondered if perhaps tonight I could borrow Lady Tonya for dinner tonight at our hotel, I'm told they have an excellent in house chef?"

Online Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neu Uburzis
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2023, 08:31:58 PM »
Boats, fresh Air and meeting a Bunny Mascot. The children had asked for a trip to the Festival of Sail by the Neu Uburzian branch of make a Wish. They had gotten a ride in the Imperial Airship and where promised a dinner on the trip back, with an entourage of nurses and doctors looking for their health.

What they hadn't expected was that after the boat tour was done, the Bunny would take off it's head and reveal to be the Voice actor of their favorite Cartoon Rabbit and current Crown Prince of Neu Uburzis, Augustin. Joining him was his wheelchair bound uncle Kurt, handing the children another round of surprises. They had actually found donors for the present five kids.

Having finally a moment for himself the almost teenager took a breather and gave Kurt a nod: "Can you excuse me until the Dinner aboard the Airship? I'll try and see if i can say hello to..."

"I'll send the Bodyguards with you. Just remember they might not let you past with that suit on."  the wheelchair bound Kurt replied with a nod: "I'll see if tucker is still around and phone his people that you're coming over."

"I'll work extra hard, so that i'll be able to come next year as well. I'll have to win one of the ships now that im be old enough."

Getting stopped a couple times to hand out Autographs, the young social Media star and Voice actor tried his best to reach his friend. Stressed out Bodyguards in tow.

Offline Gusano

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2023, 11:17:39 PM »
Sir Charles found the "Veiled One" hard to read, usually a persons expression gave away so much but here that was a one sided affair. "My Lady I am not a member of government so to speak but I'm fortunate enough to have a few contacts, if you like I can make introductions to a young chap by the name of Martin Dawson, he's the founder and owner of SmartWar, I have counted him amongst my students in swordplay, I can also make introductions to Lord Lucas Osman and through him you can meet OsmanTech, not maybe perhaps the most defence focused of businesses but naturally a company with such a large portfoilio they likely will know someone who knows someone who works somewhere." He did his best to sound confident of being able to help. "However I would urge you to take advantage of that and your giant chap here." He pointed first to the pass around her neck all VIP's had been given and then to the Bear Masked gentleman escorting her. "That pass and you're mask will get you into most places here I would guess. If you have somewhere you'd like to go just go and present yourself. You're in a nation that I believe you've begun building good relations with following King David visiting and here in East Moreland someone the King considers a friend is afforded all the help they need. I'd be happy to accompany you if you'd like?" He concluded.

Sir Charles was of course right, there was much more power in Aurora than she seemed to recognise herself. She was still getting to grips with her sudden acceleration from the rank and file of the privileged class to being the most privileged with the Eyrie and that meant rather than reading books about how foreign rulers governed she would have to start writing her own story. "Sir Charles I'd like to start by meeting Martin Dawson, then if you'd be as kind to I'd like to meet the person who makes the royal swords, that Blacksmith. I think there is a job I'd like him to do for me."

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2023, 08:52:01 PM »
David and his security entourage headed off along the quayside with Serenity in search of ice cream. They walked past a number of vans selling ice cream and lollypops to the waiting crowds but David ignored them. At the far end of the quay was a quaint little shop made of green wooden boards with a giant motif of a seagull on top. It had a sizeable line outside but David headed round the back as one of his security detail pushed through the front of the small cafe. David wrapped on the back door and it opened, a young teenage girls face appearing. "Good Morning Your Majesty" the girl said not surprised at all until she noticed something was different, "No Princess Rhiannon today?....oh Empress Serenity" she added spotting David guest.

"No Millie she's with her mother but I have no doubt that she'll appear at some point." David replied as the young Millie pushed the door wider and allowed the King and the others inside. They now stood in a white tiled kitchen with stainless steel kitchen appliances everywhere. The Seagull Cafe was during most summers a place to get an ice cream after walking down the beach or even grab a slice of cake and a coffee. During the Festival though it became a takeaway serving more or less everything through the hatch at the side. Millies Mum hastily was serving through the hatch while her 10 year old brother Josh was bringing her things she yelled for.

"Well we've put a tub of her favourite mint chocolate aside so we won't run out." Millie spotted that the Achkaerin Empress was accompanied by her own brood and she addressed the children with a kind smile. "I assume though you'd like some?" She asked before standing to look at Serenity. "Can we get you something Your Majesty?" She asked handing Serenity a card showing at least twenty varities of different ice creams, all made using clotted cream. While Serenity was making the decisions David bid her good bye for now and having earlier seen Besarian lurking figured he should head over to the Lodjain vessel. As he arrived he saw Emperor Marco already in audience with the Queen and so opted instead to have a chat with some of the festival goers until he had a chance to speak with the Lodjains.

Sir Charles pulled a map of the festival grounds from his inside blazer pocket and headed off with the Gusano leader in tow to find the SmartWar stand. They had a stall in one of the naval hangers showcasing some VR headsets and a few small unmanned vessels guests could have a look at up close. Martin Dawson the companies CEO was busy chatting with some man dressed in a sharp looking suit, apparrently some journalist and when it was clear Sir Charles wanted to see him he wrapped things up. "Sir Charles, what brings you here, we don't have any remote control swords?" he shook the mans hand and then noticed the huge man in bear fur and the silver masked girl. He looked a little puzzled his mind trying to place the image he was seeing. "Gusano.....Masked...no Veiled One." he snapped his fingers seemingly pleased, his momentary excitement leading to slight horror as he realised he may have offended the woman. "I'm sorry Your Ladyship....is that right? I must apologise but I don't know the finer details of your nation but I am happy to see you and hope your enjoying Portworth. I am though a little surprised to see you here, is there anything I can help you with?"

Freya was pleased it at least seemed like Asuna had heeded her advice but she knew people would all be pouring their own interpretation of what was best into her ears and from all corners of Mundus if the Rokkenjiman government remained the same. "Look" Freya began, "Its important you are seen to be and act the proper Empress, its what your people expect. Remember though your still young and there is more to life than service. Diplomacy isn't just a formal conference table, you've a position in the world that will open up oppurtunities and experiences most people on Mundus can only dream of. Go visit places the muggles can't, Isle of the Goddess in Lodja, go see it. Walk the streets of the Golden Enclave of Lijiang. Have an adventure or three." She had to be honest with herself even though she knew she had these same privledges she didn't perhaps make as much of them as her brother did but in her eyes he was the ultimate history nerd and so perhaps those things appealed more to him but that nerdom had served East Moreland well so far. "Anyway thank you for the tour."

Tucker flicked his phone shut after a very respectful conversation with Kurt. "OK people listen up we've some Ubruzian wandering in a giant bloody bunny costume on one of the hottest days of the year. One of your morons is for the chop because nobody told us it was the Crown Prince of Neu Uburzis.  Now go out find the damn rabbit and make sure he's looked after and take him a carrot or two." The media team looked at each other unsure whether Tucker was being serious. "Piss off and find Prince Rabbit boy" he yelled and the team hurried off each taking a member of the royal security team with them. Tillie Breckenridge had left Stasya enjoyed a mojito with some Lodjian friends in the VIP area and was heading out to look for Augustin. They had made it only a little way from the entrance when Tillie pointed along the quay road.

"Bunny at 10 o'clock" she said to the media handler before checking in on the Royal Protection channel. She began leading the way through the crowd, the sharp suit and forceful body language parted the crowd easily and soon they'd found Augustin. "Your Highness" she reached beneath her waist coat and brought out a leather fob with a emblem on it. "My names Tillie, I'm with the Royal Protection Agency" she introduced herself, if you and your team would like to follow me. She turned and with no hint of ceremony pushed people out the way making a way for Augustin until they reached the barrier to the VIP area, standing between the press and the entrance she waited for Augustin to be allowed in and then followed. She looked around unsure who would actually be there of interest to the Crown Prince and spied Archduchess Sophie Harrison-Ironside, King David's niece. "Your Grace, Crown Prince Augustin of Neu Urburizs" She introduced her furry follower.

The Archduchess was in Air Force blues and had been chatting with some Air Force friends. She turned pausing slightly surprised at the attire and checked her K9, a black masked Husky called Bandit remained lying under the table. "Oh...erm...Good Morning Your Highness" she said giving a small bow. "Its good to see you here." She thought for a moment about the reason anyone in their sane mind would be wearing such an outfit on a warm day and then recalled. " I trust your event went well?" She enquired. "I know my uncle will be pleased your nations attended. He should be back after he's meet with the Lodjians, in the mean time is there anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable." She fought the urge to ask if he wanted a carrot but waved over a Naval steward who now had a pen and paper ready to jot down any requests.

Online Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2023, 02:43:47 PM »
Augustin was somewhat disappointed he didn’t pass Rhiannon on his way, but the many other children happily took photographs with the oversized bunny plush. Augustin gave his own security Team a Heart Attack and a half before they finally reached the VIP Zone.

“Kurt just loves his spontaneous ideas. Never sticks to the plan. His Daughter got that from him.” the Bodyguards tried excusing themselves to Tillie before their small ward went to greet the young athlete.

The little Bunny stood at attention and gave the Archduchess a short Salut in response to the bow: “Officer.” he said, before once again freeing himself of the big hat:
“Or is it duchess? Not quite sure what rules you guys, ehm.” The blonde boy fumbled for a bit searching for the right words:

“I am not sure about the eti.. eti... rules in East Moreland when it comes to Ranks.”

He threw a look at his own Bodyguards: “Make sure you guys apologize to Tucker on my behalf later. And get me a new Ice Bag. It's getting warm in here.”

With a big grin he turned back to the Duchess as one from the Uburzian Security Detail took out some cool pads from the back of the suit, switching them for new ones they had carried in an insulated bag..

“Ori insisted I only get to wear the suit on events anymore if i use water cooling.” he shrugged: “Mostly after I collapsed last year he was pretty angry.”

Being Airforce, Sophie might quite easily recognize him wearing a liquid cooling garment not unlike astronauts under his suit, especially now that the bunny hat had come off:

“We went with as few batteries as possible. Albrecht had insisted too many would look like I'm wearing a bomb suit.”

When asked about the Event, Augustin beamed:

“Yep! They are super stoked and happy! I mean to be fair they weren’t the worst of cases but when we found some donors for them the fund decided it would be great to surprise them.They’ll start surgery preparations on the way back in the Airship already.”

Augustin slumped down slightly:

“Ships are down, we couldn’t send any this year cause most of the school fleet got wrecked by a storm earlier this year. They’ll be ready for the Summer Camps but too late for the Festival. The Cadets for this year are somewhere around the Festival. They got here more traditionally than sailing across the ocean since it didn’t seem fair that they’d miss the entire festival. I just have to hide a bit from my classmates. They do love teasing me about the suit.”

He grinned at her with a bright smile as he put the hat back on:

“But I do love how it makes people happy and helps kids like Rhin. Even if it’s a little embarrassing. Do you know how Goldie is doing?”

Somewhat hyper and with a big grin, he wiggled with his feet slightly:

“I guess Rhin is with her Mum today?”

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2023, 10:11:05 PM »
The Archduchess couldn't help but find the young Crown-Prince's manner amusing. She though was partly constrained today by the fact she was here representing her Air Force colleagues. "Well Your Highness every nation will have their own way of doing things, here in East Moreland you out rank me in two ways, first my noble title is merely an Archduchess compared to your Princehood, the second way is as a Flying Officer a Prince is like way above me." She smiled. "Had I got my hat on I'd have thrown up a salute and no doubt had you not been dressed as a rabbit you'd return it with a nod or simply a thank you, but your homeland will do it all its own way. She wondered if this rabbit suit was more high tech than an astronauts as a cooling pact was exchanged before her eyes.

"Now as for Goldie the little fox is still hanging out at the Palace, to be honest though its been about six months since I've been to Northfort Palace but I know Rhiannons got some kind of big outdoor pen for her." Sophie spent much of her time now at Ostlake West, between doing her duties as a "Force Protection Officer", taking part in exercises and doing the odd bit of PR for the military she found her time to get back to the capital limited. In truth she'd made some good friends in the Air Force and often they'd head off on adventures when off duty, she'd recently discovered the joys of paddleboarding on the River Ost, rumours were you could paddle from Ostlake to Portworth on the river but so far she'd yet to meet anyone who had even tried this.

"Now as for Rhiannon she's around somewhere. I think you'll have seen she was Protector of the Sword for her little brother. Last I saw though she was heading off with her half brother Oliver and Matilda. I'm sure though we can find her." She had a quick conversation with Tillie who speaking into a microphone on her wrist got in touch with Rhiannon's detail in the field. "Can we offer you some cooler attire first?" Rhiannon asked knowing that they kept various sportsware around for if any of the guests went into some of the more watersport related activities and needed a change. Once the Prince had made his mind up Tillie acquired a group of Royal Marines to help them make their way through the crowds and down towards the historic ship section of the festival. Rhiannon was explaining to a Viking why the axe was a pointless weapon and that a sword was far superior while Oliver was merely happy to watch a woman singing and dancing a traditional Alander folk song. Rhiannon spotted the Prince approaching and after a bit of puzzled looking put the sword she'd been demonstrating with down and scurried along the dockside giving Augustin a big hug. "Its been ages" she said as she let him go. "How are the rabbits?"

Online Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2023, 09:03:25 PM »
"Ah, i see. It's difficult for me to tell sometimes even at home. At school I'm a cadet, hence I'm lowest rank. That counts. But I'm also a Prince. sometimes i am in that role and it's just. Complicated." he muses as he shakes his head when the suit is the topic:

"Nah, it's easier to keep the senate happy if i walk around with my face covered until I'm thirteen next year and I'd have to not only get out of it, but get back into it for later cause they'll await me for the dinner again."

It was a hectic dance of getting the icepacks and batteries changed as discreetly as possible for the Prince's detail. One of them addressed tillie at one point:

"Are the Ironside's as spontane as these bunch? Especially Kurt has a terrible Habit of short notice changes. The Plan was to keep the whole visit hush hush."

Augustin did make a Habit of switching into the Bunny Persona on the way towards Rhiannon, doing a goofy stunt here and there for Kids looking their way. He did keep an eye on the Summercampers from Uburzis that equally hung around the Vikings, when he got tackle hugged by Rhiannon:

"Schnuffelchen is getting old and slow. Beofloof has passed last year, that was Kunigundes. So i'm worried for my friend. Hänsel is still doing fine and alive, save from crocodiles." he took a breath and nodded: "Zeus is going strong, and my youngest brother has gotten his Second Bunny."

Looking around he looked back at Rhiannon: "You know? Let's get them a good Photo opportunity."

Augustin took a half step back, and with his full suit on, he took his left hand behind his back, his right over his heart and went down on one knee to Rhiannon:

"It's an honor to be in her highness presence again."

though he audible giggled in the suit: "much more fun than saluting."

"Hey, isn't that Prince Häschen?"[1] a boy in a Sailor Uniform a little older than Augustin pointed over to the Vikings and Rhiannon:

"Yeah, and he's fully suited up. Bah. Fag Furry. Bet the Teachers just love him wearing that stupid suit."

The second cadet groaned watching the two, ready to make a mean social media post before the first one stopped him:

"dude, don't. do you want to become a convict cadet for posting pics of those two?"

The second one smirked and tilted his head: "What do you think? I'd bet i'd get twenty if i insult him here."

The first boy became pale, taking a step back: "More like twenty for the next five years every week. Dude don't be stupid!"

The second groaned before turning back, then inhaling and yelling over:

"Hey, Bunny! You wear that to make the Donor's at your Charity event's happy, too?"

"So, Orion asked me if you need new tunics and Togas now, since you've grown. If you ever come visit again that is. And Kurt had suggested we'd ask his tailor for Oliver over there, since you know, Kurt's in a Wheelchair..."

it was then that Augustin heard the shouting, his head and shoulders visibly slumping down as he was glad the hood did hide his face. He bit down on his lip and shook his head slightly, taking a deep breath and cursing: "Idiots." half loud. He hated it, and he knew all to well that's the kind of things the no photos law was meant to protect him from. Not that it helped him much anymore:

"Don't mind him. If he's from my school, he just made his life hell for a while. I'll go have to tell the teachers not to go to hard on him once we're back in school..."

He didn#t like the thought of others getting hurt because of him. He knew how much that was hurting his cousin, he thought of that being the lesson the bunnies where ment to give.

Gripping his composure, he nodded to Rhiannon, remembering she had been told by Sebastian back then how the bunnies worked:

"Oh, of course! My youngest brother didn't mess up. It didn't get cooked. It escaped the pen and well, it rests next to Beofloof now."

1.  = diminutiv German form of Rabbit

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2023, 05:31:12 PM »
As one of the Security detail of the Prince asked about the Ironside's spontaneity Tillie thought for a moment, it was true that it truly depended who you were assigned to. The King was pretty much a man who organised his visits with great detail, liking to know as much as possible about each place he visited. Stasya was someone who they had to keep an eye on much more as she was prone to messing up timings and like a magpie could get distracted by the shiny stuff. Meanwhile the job so many didn't want was Freya, her detail was constantly under scrutiny knowing that not only was the Princess confident she could largely take care of herself but often it meant Alex Redfern was in tow and as a Red Legionnaire he was also well versed in security matters and so the duo often could be a little too confident in public. It seemed largely that Rhiannon was a kind of half way house between her father and her auntie.

Rhiannon was pleased to hear Schnuffelchen was still alive and kicking even if it was much slower. She was though a little unsure what to do when the rabbit clad Prince knelt down. As a general rule the East Moreland press didn't take pictures of the Princess unless it was a photo op, they were fearful of the wrath of Tucker and also losing the access to the royal family if King David got wind of the issue. The Princess had a sword in her hand she'd been showing the Vikings and she gave Augustin a light bop on the bunny head with the flat of it before pulling him up. She was puzzled by the shout from the other boat, her young age meaning she perhaps failed to pick out some innuendo. She was confused but as her father had told her once some of these foreign nations did strange things and so figured this must just be another case of that. Once they'd moved further down to quayside Rhiannon had found where one of the old dry docks had been turned into a kind of boating lake with pedal powered two seater boats. She'd wanted to have a go but didn't really want to go on with any of the entourage that inevitably followed the family round and as of yet she'd yet to bump into any of her school friends now though she was pleased that perhaps Augustin would like to have a go. "Do you want a go?" She asked pointing at the boats, "You can steer" she added almost as an incentive to get him to want to go on.

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2023, 04:54:06 PM »

Marco was keen to present the image of a gracious noble and so upon being introduced to Besarians wife gently offered a hand, "I assume its Lady Isidora, I'm honoured to meet you." He turned to Besarian, "You're indeed blessed with a beautiful wife." he added remembering the value Lodjains put on physical appearence and therefore assuming he would not have offended. The Emperor was pretty impressed by the Pelagiya families private yacht and while he had a whole host of luxury to fill his days with he had no yacht that would compare, a few sail boats but this was like a luxury hotel on the waves. While he waited for the Queen to finish her current conversation he made small talk with Besarian and Isidora while enjoying the beverage, it wasn't what his own personal choice would be but it hit the spot. While he talked he kept glancing over at the Queen and her ladies, especially Tonya who had inspired his visit.

Once introduced to Natalya he gave her a small bow, "Queen Natalya its wonderful to meet you again, and you look as beautiful as ever." It was true she was a striking woman but for now at least he sensed she would show little interest in his attentions as after all she was constantly linked to some Maori gentleman. "I came to ask both you and of course Lady Tonya if I could return the favour for the kindness shown to me when I visited Lodja." he produced from his jacket a small box which he offered towards Tonya, "I wanted to give you a small token of my thanks." There were a pair of gold earrings inlaid with red stones. "I also wondered if perhaps tonight I could borrow Lady Tonya for dinner tonight at our hotel, I'm told they have an excellent in house chef?"

Natalya couldn't help but find the Emperor amusing, his flattery was expected of course but when they had travelled Natalya hadn't expected to have Tonya being invited to dinner. The Queen though made a small play of trying to determine whether she could afford to lose the Lady in Waiting for the evening. Having turned round and discussed the matter with Jasmina and Svetlana, all be it rather tongue in cheek, she turned back to Tonya and the Emperor. "That is perfectly acceptable. I know Tonya enjoyed the time with you in Lodja and who am I to stand in the way of international diplomacy. Should we say 7pm?" She asked but it was more of an instruction after all it would give Tonya plenty of time to get ready.

With the business with the Emperor handled she left him free to chat with Tonya for a while while she noticed the East Moreland King waiting to speak with her. The King was shown up to the sundeck of the yacht and offered a seat along with a drink, "Is it too warm a day for Green Tea?" Natalya asked remembering the Kings favourite drink of choice. "Something perhaps stronger." She waited for him to make a choice and then for her stewards to take care of things. "Now I apologise but there is a reason I needed to try and see you. I had asked Besarian to see you but I believe you were inundated with guests. So thank you for coming. Now what I needed to do is a formal part of our nations courtly culture and as a man who I know respects tradition I hope you won't take offence. I believe you yourself experienced this too." She handed over a cream coloured envelope with her seal. She didn't wait for the King to open the envelope. "There is a tradition that anyone wanting to form a relationship with a Lady in Waiting need the Queen's permission. You had to ask Viktoriya for permission to romance Stasya and now I have the ambassador for Albion, your cousin Peter, seen very publicly with Jasmina literally everyday there at the Palace. I have no intention on stopping their relationship only formalities at court are seen as important in Lodja and with East Moreland being one of our closest friends things must seen to be done. That's a formal request for you as his monarch to put things in order, that is assuming he wants something more than just sharing her bed from time time?"

Online Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2023, 05:34:27 PM »
Augustin gave her a big smile, visibly glad she wasn't too fussed about the whole shouting from earlier. He followed her with a bit of a skip in his step down the docs, and when asked about the paddle boats, he first took a look at the clock in his hat:

"I still have time, though I'd have to ask you to stir. The paddling alone will be difficult in this getup." he giggled and noted to the suit he was wearing: "I will ask my security to take a couple pictures though, if you don't mind. We'll send them to you. I think they would make great memories. And Orion loves moments like that as inspiration for his sketches."

Augustin seems to reminiscent for a moment, as he carefully squeezed himself into the boat: "I hope it's not too much of a bummer for you if we don't go too fast. I'll get an earful and more if i get the suit soaked."

He enjoyed the time with Rhiannon, not only because he really liked her, but also because he felt like she was the only kid outside the palace to really understand him. the ones at the academy where either meanies or trying to hard to get his approval. He saw through that right away. Some of the other voice actors and child actors he had been in contact with he got along with somewhat, too, but only Rhiannon felt to him like they both lived in the same situation.

"So you'll spend some time in Lodjia I've heard? Will you get a phone to video call or will you be only allowed to write emails and letters like we are in the academy? Oh, and do you actually get my letters? I'm never quite sure if people actually believe me they are from me since my dorm teacher insists i handwrite them for practice."

He had been at the academy for a year now, and he sure didn't like it. He felt like the only room to breath he had there where his trips for voice acting or beneficiary events as bunny. It did breed resentment with other cadets he got away more often than them. It did mean however they used every chance they got to set him up.

"Do you have many friends in school? It's hard for me to really make them. Most of them just see the Prince or the Bunny, but not really me. How about you?"

Maria had negotiated a break from the shop for her favorite little grade schooler to go see the Vikings with his mother. It was the most busy day of the year for the little Bakery, selling all sorts of Ship and Festival goodies to the hungry masses in Portsworth. Only when her usually very well behaved kid started getting nervous and super excited, did she follow his gaze to the scene of the Kneeling rabbit and the Princess, taking a quick picture with her phone.

"It's the Princess and Schnuffelchen!" Alexander exclaimed excitedly, hoping up and down on a railing: "I wish i could meet them!" he exclaimed, face beaming.

"Calm down, you'll fall over. We might have to talk to your Grandmother about meeting that particular Rabbit, though i make no promises." she said before she overheard the two Cadets close to her, rolling her eyes before she answered them back in frankonian:

"Hey, Landratten! Kneift eure Arschbacken zusammen hier sind noch andere Kinder unterwegs!"[1] the two of them froze in place when someone answered them in their home tounge. Before long what she assumed where older students droned in on the Cadets, boxing them in and as unsuspecting as possible, escorting the two troublemakers to a teacher.

She would never allow her boy to go to one of those academies.

She did, however take a heavy breath and walked over to one of the Teachers. The brute seemed rage filled enough to rip the cadets a new one then and there, with Maria giving him a dagger glare: "Get a grip on yourself. If you dare lay a finger on them here and now, and trust me i do know how you guys operate, you'll ruin the day for a lot of people. Doubt My Mother would be very pleased. Sure you know her? Elderly Lady, usually goes by Mermaid or Admiral Eidmeier."

Maria watched the man turn chalk white as she nodded: "See, we understand each other. Now, do make sure the ones that behaved well today get enough time to buy some treats." before picking up her son, who gladly was way to distracted by the paddling bunny and princess, and made her way over to the paddleboats as well

1. "Hey, Landlubbers! Get a grip, there's other children here!" - roughly translated

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2023, 03:54:59 AM »
"I know," the Empress replied, "and thank you. For more than you'll ever know, thank you. You know, you were always my inspiration, to be someone cast by way of iron, apologies for the pun, but you're amazing to me, and I couldn't ask for better inspiration. You know, in addition to our love and our protector, there is a third soul assigned in the Rosari Faith, that of the Almthra, and unlike the others that are assigned, that is one I get to choose, because only a soul can recognize its Almthra from one life to the next, and I recognize you; with that recognition, will you stand with me as the years pass? Will you tell me when I'm wrong, just as much as you'd celebrate me when I am right? Can I ask that when my soul is weighed on the Scales that I had Freya at my side, inspiring me to be just that much better? You're not of my faith and I know that but, I feel as though you owe me at least that much after hauling all that weight around for your faith, y'know?"

After a momentary pause she corrected herself, "I needed that, I did," she continued, "but I realize I'm imposing a lot on you which is why if you agree to be my Almthra it'll mean that much more to me, it'll mean I earned your respect. You mean a lot to me, and I hope in my reign I do you proud, sure I have my mother and father but you, you inspired so many locker room talks even in Pyrettania it'd make my mother jealous. Our faiths are different yes, but our beliefs, they're based in the same common root so, like I said, if you accept I'll be happy and if not, you'll not loose one ounce of my respect. And I will see the world, I'll take every opportunity open to me, and I'll make sure that I don't take one moment of that for granted because, while I was born into this life, I will do every girl and boy that looks up to me proud in all of my actions, or at least I'll try to."

As they departed the Imperial Yacht the Empress nodded, "I do have some business with your brother so, if we may, I'd like to see to that at his earliest convenience."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2023, 08:56:59 PM »
David sat as Queen Natalya spoke to him "It is never too warm for a good green tea." David responded as he cheerfully settled in. He'd yet to fully get to know Natalya other than a few CNN meetings and the odd conversation from when they'd been to the Iwi but there had yet to be a state visit between the two. Stasya that had spoke highly of her and while even the Queen didn't consider her a good friend they were at least in some of the same WhatsApp groups. He thanked the steward who appeared with the beverage. The King scanned the letter, it wasn't a million miles away from one he'd received several years earlier from Queen Viktoriya. David was aware with Peter's dalliances with Jasmina but was not too sure where that was heading. It was a little bit different though as last time the letter had been presented he could speak on his own intentions, but today it was his cousin. "I'm sorry that this has put you in an awkward position. I will speak with Peter and make it clear to him that on his return to Lodja he needs to come and speak to you. I'll explain once he returns to Lodja he has three days to come and see you or he'll be getting replaced as our envoy to Albion. That way one way or another you have your response to Jasmina and his situation. Again I can only apologise if we've called you any offence. " The King had felt himself fllush as the discussion had gone on he'd always found talk of relationships and romance a little awkward and counted his lucky stars he'd now found the woman of his dreams. "I hope that satisfies you?"

Rhiannon was more than happy to get peddling. She enjoyed being active and figured this would be good for the legs, after all Sir Charles kept telling her that a strong stance was ideal for a swordswoman. "Lodja was OK" Rhiannon said once the initial effort of getting the boat moving was over, there was no risk of going fast as Augustin feared as the boat was designed for two people peddling but with just her tiny childs legs it was going much slower than all the others. "My Dad think seeing other countries is a good idea and Stasya is from there and so Uncle Tobias and Auntie Anuoshka visit a lot so I'm staying with them. I've been practicing my Lodjain too." She spoke a few words and then chuckled, "That means my name is Rhiannon and I'm in a boat" her accent was terrible and the words came out in bursts as she tried to remember certain words. "Its like a mix of a holiday and school. I'm not sure if I'll have much spare time but they'll let me chat I think, I'll send you some picture. What's your school like? I'm excited as I'm going to big school after the summer, the Northfort Girls Academy, Auntie Freya went there and my cousin Sophie. Its a board school but I won't be staying there." She explained. She sensed that he was a bit sad when he asked about friends and that rubbed off on her. "I did" she began, "My best friend Evie was at my old school but she can't go to the Academy so she'll be going to a different school. I don't know anyone else there as the rest of my little school are going to The Parkland Grammar School. Dad says its a chance to make new friends but I just want to play with my old friends like Evie and you." she gave him a smile. "But the Prince is a really nice human bean and the Bunny is brilliant" she concluded, "They'll be lucky if they get to be your friend." with that she stopped peddling and let the boat drift a bit "I'm poooped" she said. She heard Tillie shout if they were ok, "Just having a rest" she yelled back "Bunnies are rubbish engines" she continued giving Augustin a playful dig in the ribs. After some floating the Princess resumed propulsion and Augustin used the hand held rudder to get them back to shore. Staff helped them both out. "Do you think you could come visit our school in December, we've a music festival and I've got an afternoon to be in charge. I could make sure your favourite plays?"