Author Topic: CNN Terrorism Talks (Closed)  (Read 978 times)

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
CNN Terrorism Talks (Closed)
« on: July 29, 2023, 09:36:21 PM »

CNN HQ, Ui Cenneselaig

It was down to Sir Jacob Longe to begin the proceedings on what was becoming a rather dark few days. First they'd seen Daito pushed towards war, then Mersch attacked in an amazingly co-ordinated attack that took out three candidates to the throne of Mersch, then finally Rokkenjima and now seemingly shipping in the Matildas. The CNN had already been moving some assets towards the Commonwealth of the Iwi, it was summertime and an annual CNN naval exercise took place, there had also been recently ships returning from Lodja and others in the region for the recent Rokkenjima-Daito spat. There had been offers of aid for the missile attack made by East Moreland but as of yet that had not been utilised. As such Jacob believed the CNN would be positioned to potentially make an impact in the region if needs must.

"Good Morning everyone" Jacob began. "As you're all aware we have what in effect is two major incidents. One in the Matildas which is seeing everyman and his dog approaching and a second in Mersch. We had been sending assets to the Matildas and will continue to do so, however I think the issue there is likely to be well in hand by those closest. As such though with the Iwi having a stake in the southern of the channels I think we need to ensure extra security there. As such should King Piripi require it we'll be putting our ships there under their command to help ensure the security of shipping following the recent strike by the supposed separatists terrorist group. I have a proposal therefore from our government."

1. A "Ring of Steel" is placed in a position of defence around the Commonwealth. Utilising ships we have in the region and sending Jekars Shield systems we wish to ensure that the Commonwealth is safe from missile strikes.

2. We place a team of CNN administrators under the leadership of Melissa Lusk in the Commonwealth in order to, if required, set up evacuations from a warzone.

3. Ourselves and Lodja place assets in the Alba Karinya region to intervene in Mersch if required.

4. Ui Cenneslaig and the Iwi take responsibility for leading operations in the Matildas.

5. The CNN stand up as potential mediators in the situation in the Matildas.

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lodja/Kaitaine
Re: CNN Terrorism Talks (Closed)
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2023, 12:01:54 PM »
With all the reforms Queen Natalya was attempting in Lodja that had meant new jobs for several of the nobility, especially those who had direct links to the royal family, both past and present. As he had once been married to a Queen of Lodja Roman Chownyk was now entitled to use the title Prince and had been assigned a role as a representative to the CNN, for the time being. He sat and listened to Sir Jacob and then said.

"While I have no issue with your proposals it is very sea related. We should also look at utilising air assets to support the security of the southern part of the Matildas so therefore I'm also suggesting to the Iwi that we look at sending whatever air assets King Piripi thinks may be needed. "

Offline BenOfTheIwi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Commonwealth of the Unified Iwi
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2023, 09:27:00 PM »
Tangaroa Rangi was the son of the chief of the Te Whakatohea Iwi. He'd been here in Ui Cenneslaig now for three months and this was really his first real full scale meeting. Naturally with the situation with the Matildas taking course the Iwi was concerned.

"I'm grateful for Sir Jacobs plan but I think we should see an aviation element to as Prince Roman has suggested. What I don't want though is a situation like we've seen in the past where we've seen in several other global incidents where nations not actually from the region begin to take advantage. Therefore we fully intend to put robust presence in the straits and we would invite you all to join us."

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Nya Åland/Ui Cenneslaig
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2023, 10:04:32 PM »
With the Cenneg having the benefit of the HQ being in their homeland they had slightly more flexibility with their delegate. On this matter it was the duty of Prince Lennox to attend. "Good Morning" he greeted everyone as he took the assigned seat and then listened first to Sir Jacob, Baron Roman and then finally Tangaroa. "I agree with almost everything that has been suggested, could I therefore suggest this updated version of Sir Jacob's plan."

1. A "Ring of Steel" is placed in a position of defence around the Commonwealth. Utilising ships and aircraft we have in the region and sending Jekars Shield systems we wish to ensure that the Commonwealth is safe from missile strikes.

2. We place a team of CNN administrators under the leadership of Melissa Lusk in the Commonwealth in order to, if required, set up evacuations from a warzone.

3. Ourselves and Lodja place assets in the Alba Karinya region to intervene in Mersch if required.

4. Ui Cenneslaig and the Iwi take responsibility for leading operations in the Matildas.

5. The CNN stand up as potential mediators in the situation in the Matildas.

6. We form a CNN Squadron in the Commonwealth made up of maritime patrol aircraft, air defence capable fighters and strike aircraft.

7. The CNN Squadron will undertake defensive actions.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2023, 10:35:22 PM »
Sir Jacob nodded as he scanned the new document. "I can assure you that if we are all in agreement East Moreland will support this."

Offline BenOfTheIwi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Commonwealth of the Unified Iwi
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2023, 09:58:19 PM »
"The Commonwealth supports this. " Tangaroa replied having been busily tapping away on his phone. "In terms of deployments to our nation we ask at the moment that the Cenneg ships deploy to Hunters Bay on the west side of the Matilda while the Lodjain and East Moreland assets deploy to ports on the east, most noticeably Carrian Bay. As for the CNN squadron we would ask, just for logistic sake, that nations send no more than a squadron of aircraft each. We have tankers and AEWACS aircraft that we know from exercises can link up with each nation so there is less need for these. We would however ask for, if possible, long range monitoring aircraft. "

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Nya Åland/Ui Cenneslaig
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2023, 06:30:27 PM »
"The Cenneg military shall begin deployments in the next 48 hours"