Author Topic: A Fireside Chat  (Read 7355 times)

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
A Fireside Chat
« on: August 27, 2017, 09:08:47 PM »

Fellow Orderians,

It has been quite some time since I last had the opportunity to speak with you in such a manner. As your Grand Chancellor, however, I feel it's important to maintain an open line of communications, one where we may exchange ideas, tackle concerns, and also what I hope will be engaging and thought-provoking discussions. I am pleased to make this chat a permanent fixture of my Office, and encourage everyone to ask questions, present concerns, and engage in discussions about our regional government.

Our Vice Chancellor, CGJ, may also be joining us from time to time.

Before we proceed, allow me to present a few ground rules:

• You can ask about anything regarding NationStates, the Independent Order, its Government or roleplay matters.
  • You should be respectful when asking questions; being offensive beside a warm fire isn't nice, and really throws off the feng shui of the Chancellery Office.
  • The Vice Chancellor and I shall answer all questions presented, though if they are not relevant to the Order, its Government or roleplay we reserve the right to decline.
  • Discussions which take place in this topic should remain respectful and calm.

Foreign diplomats and guests are also welcome to take part.  :)

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Re: A Fireside Chat
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 09:06:15 AM »

Fellow Orderians,

I wished to take a moment to recognize and thank the members of our Government (C, Ach, Dave, hobbes), our friends from abroad who have worked on our behalf, as well as each and every one of you. We've had a most unimaginable storm bearing down on us and a situation which has brought great dismay and disbelief. However, we've all proven that the spirit of our Order is strong and, no matter what is thrown our way, we will not only persist but we will prosper.

While we remain locked out of our original forums and our region is being held hostage, I wished to begin this Fireside Chat with the optimism, hope and strength our community has shown these past few days. As I stated on the RMB, and what has been a bit of a recurring theme, the Order is because of you, its ownership belongs to you all. Have these past few days been trying, frustrating, and very much rage inducing at times? Yes, most certainly, but they will pass. Each day, each post, every conversation is a confirmation that we're still here, walking proud, never stumbling.

To C, Dave, Ach and hobbes, thank you for your continued efforts, time, and dedication. It was through quick action, communication, time and effort that the Order has weathered this crisis in excellent shape and high spirits. Let August 26th not be remembered in infamy, but a day remembered for the actions, dedication and resolve which was shown.

I invite everyone to take a moment to share positive words and energy and, of course, if you have any questions feel free to ask those as well.

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Sam

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Saheristan
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 04:06:38 PM »
I have nothing to add, just want to add my thanks to all the Gov members and users who organised a swift and efficient response and solution to this challenging, unexpected situation. :D

President Khalid Amin Ashkan
The Republic of Saheristan

Wiki Pages:
Saheristan Profile
Insurgency in Lalishistan

Offline The Boslandic Islands

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Boslandic Islands
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2020, 07:04:38 AM »
I also have nothing to add, I am a new member and am impressed by the leadership from everyone here! Already, I can tell this is a great community. Looking forwarded to building alliances and to help continue the greatness of the Independent Order.