Author Topic: The Mhorish and Illumic Co-operative Agency Conference  (Read 16723 times)

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
Re: The Mhorish and Illumic Co-operative Agency Conference
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2018, 10:50:28 PM »
"If I may" King David began, "I've recently had the privledge of completing University studies, scraping my Masters" he had enjoyed the three years it had taken him part time but it had been a challenge. "I don't think entrance exams are going to work. You see here in East Moreland students apply for a place half way through their final two years of study, for what we call Highers, based on their teachers predication they are offered conditional places. Should they match the prediction they get the place, having entrance exams means the student is applying before their course finishes, and as they would be competing against students who have conditional offers the exam would need to be at the level of someone who has finished the course, beside it is something we don't use and would mean establishing a whole new system for Moreland Universities, and that is not practical. So as I see it we have two options, first is that we remove the University part from the treaty, or the second option is to add something to the charters article. "8. Member nations agree to permit students from all MICA nations to apply for courses at their University on equal terms with native students through a point comparaison system. Where nations use pass/fail grades the student must apply once they have obtained their final exam marks." This way an East Moreland University could use the exam marks as a benchmark. Other than this we have no issues."

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2018, 05:31:29 PM »
OOC- Just so there's no confusion I'm operating on the assumption that this meeting occurs before the death of Vafleon's King.

Catrain sighed this wasn't going well, if she was honest herself she hated the entrance exam aspect of Vafleon universities but it was what it was and at present the Royal Court, the law making body in Vafleon weren't minded to change it - which in short meant that her father wasn't minded to change it. How humorous that was - the King who was dying and wanted to leave his children with a strong foundation for the future was actually in this instance, through his insistence on tradition, working against that. It also wasn't lost on her that she was having to defend something she didn't like."

"In that case." Catrain said "Given the incompatibility of the Vafleon educational system with others of nations represented here, I would propose that for now we remove that section from the treaty, this removes the issue and allows us to revisit it at a later date if we are so inclined."

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2018, 09:46:15 PM »
"I would urge Article 9 and 10 to remain. Universities in East Moreland do already accept foreign students, all admitted on a case by case basis, and not all are undergraduates. I suspect it is a similar case that you have Morelanders at your institutes, currently they all have to jump through further hoops of beurocracy to obtain a visa, sometimes at additional cost, Article 9 and 10 reduce that. Furthermore for graduate students removal of Article 9 limits there choice of University. I firmly believe 9 and 10 should remain."

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2018, 09:33:27 PM »
"I have no objection to articles nine and ten remaining. The removal of article eight for now is the important point as it resolves the issue." Catrain said "I believe if there's nothing further that we can take this to a vote or signature?"

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2018, 09:49:56 PM »
"I believe with no objections we can merely proceed straight to signing"

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2018, 10:10:07 PM »
The steps of the Palace had now seen quiet a few treaties signed and the King was pleased to finally get this one done with. He waited until each representative had a large leather bound copy of the document in front of them. Each was written in the language of the person it was now sat in front of and the King stood as camera flashes went off. "Today we will sign the MICA charter into existence, it will hopefully be the start of a beautiful future that will see each citizen of those nations represented able to have a better life. So..." he turned to those behind him, "I would ask each delegate to sign their copy and pass it to the right" he returned to his seat and did exactly that as his Chief of Royal Household, Quinn Germaine, collected the one on the far end and returned it to the opposite end of the signing conveyor belt until David had his Morelandish copy back in front of him.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2018, 11:17:06 PM »
President Lavaud, finally relieved that the discussion were to a complete end, smiled in front of the flashing cameras as he proceeded to sign the baltic copy of the MICA Charter. With a nice pen markmanship, with advise and consent of the Baltic senate, Baltikum officially joined this historic organisation. "I would like to thank all participating Mhorish and Illumic nations for making this dream of renewed cooperation a reality at last, it has been an privilege and pleasure with these discussions and it shall remain the same in the future." he added after signing.

Offline Yolotan

• Regional Power
  • Long live Vaguzia
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Kingdom of Vaguzia
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2018, 11:31:47 PM »
After not really saying anything because he didnt feel the discussion should be any longer than it was, Leonard grabbed a pencil and signed the treaty. "We are looking forward to working together with nations from the Mhorish and Illumic Sea."
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 06:56:09 AM by Yolotan »

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2018, 11:32:36 PM »
Catrain stepped up and took the pen and signed her name on behalf of Vafleon, the first steps were taken,

"What matters is not where the journey starts but where it goes." she said "It's up to each of us to make sure that this treaty becomes more than just words on a page. Together let us make something special happen."