Poll

What events should be added to the Mundus Games?

Soft Tennis
0 (0%)
Golf
3 (16.7%)
Skateboarding
5 (27.8%)
Cue Sports
4 (22.2%)
Cricket
4 (22.2%)
Futsal
2 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: June 22, 2019, 01:30:37 PM

Author Topic: Sports Poll - Mundus Game Additions  (Read 1526 times)

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
Sports Poll - Mundus Game Additions
« on: June 12, 2019, 01:28:30 PM »
As the Mundus Games are a matter of weeks away (sign up's at the end of June) I have, as I usually do have been considering the years trial events - these being events that will feature in this years games that are not going to be too taxing in terms of they're going to take me hours to get through but are simple to score. As a new twist for this year instead of making the choice myself I am letting the players of Mundus make the decision. Basically each nation (and by nation we mean a sovereign state that would meet the criteria for admission into the CTO and get through the process) is entitled to a seat in the Mundus Games Committee (Our version of the IOC) so you can if you so wish cast the vote on an IC or OOC level. I've detailed the options below that you may vote for, the games schedule does allow for this, I will definitely add the top two, I may add others depending on the logistics.

1) Soft Tennis - this would be a singles only event and would be included in the racket sports discipline alongside regular tennis and badminton and run in the same knockout format as both of those.

2) Golf - this was trialled a couple of years ago but probably had too many events on that occasion as it was split into pairs and singles etc. This would run as a singles only event probably a three round event in that it would take place across three days.

3) Skateboarding - this is one of the easier ones to do in that it would work exactly the same way as the halfpipe and freestyle snowboarding seen in the winter games.

4) Cue Sports - This would be a two event discipline in that it would see snooker and pool added to the list.

5) Cricket - Nice and simple T20 cricket knockout tournament (as if we did cricket in another sports event it would likely be ODI format)

6) Futsal - This was done a couple of years back but I cut it afterwards for a variety of reasons. This would be a mixed team sports event and I would say a 'no professional footballers' zone essentially the same as the cricket and soft tennis in that it is a straightforward knockout tournament.

You may vote for three options and the voting will last 10 days.