Author Topic: Eboracumians Winter Solstice  (Read 902 times)

Offline Eboracum

• Microstate
    • View Profile
Eboracumians Winter Solstice
« on: December 20, 2023, 11:08:08 PM »
December 19th, Ebora Imperial Guard HQ Prison Block A, 11:58pm

"Félix Hébert. You have been found guilty of the crime of rape of a minor by a jury of your peers. You have been sentenced to death. The sentence having been approved by the Emperor will now be carried out. Do you have any final words?" The Commander of the Imperial Vanguard proclaimed. It was the final execution of the 12 scheduled and for this one the commander could have filled the firing squads six spots hundreds of times over. This was the one his men had all willingly wanted to be part of because of the brutality of Hébert's crime. The condemned man muttered some words about regretting what he was and hoping Veridus would give him a second chance.

"Fat Chance" one of the marksman selected muttered under his breath earning him an awkward stare from the Commander. Hébert was strapped to a specially designed chair and a hood placed over him. His specially designed red jacket had a yellow triangle roughly where his heart would be. The Commander stepped to the side well out of the way of the six man squad. Four of them had real bullets while two had wax tipped ones that gave the feel and sound of a real bullet but would fire no projectile however all hoped they would fire the lethal shot. There would now be no verbal orders. With a white cane the Commander held the stick horizontally out from himself and then men removed their safety catches. Keeping his arm straight he swept the cane vertically until it pointed directly at the roof. The soldiers took careful aim at the yellow triangle and the Commander waited a moment or two ensuring that each of his men appeared to be squinting down the sights. Satisfied they were he swept the cane down in a fast chopping action and in one single moment six booms filled the air followed by Hébert being thrown backwards slightly in the chair. The Commander gave his first verbal order. "Safety firearms" and his men replaced the safety catch and laid their weapons down before taking a step back. The Commander and a doctor moved forward, the doctor checking for a pulse as the Commander held his pistol ready to deliver a lethal head shot should the firing squad have somehow failed. It was not needed and the death confirmed a prison officer pulled a lever and Hébert's chair reclined backwards depositing the body down a shoot where a team of Priestesses began work quickly. Ropes were attached to his feet and his jacket and hood removed. In a matter of seconds the body was hung upright, head down over a large metallic box and with a swift and well practiced motion one of the women had cut the juglar. Another Priestess added a few drops of a chemical to the blood ensuring it didn't clot or pool. By 2am eight special flasks of blood had been filled from the 12 executions and now members of the Imperial Vanguard began transporting them to the Temples throughout the Empire that needed them ready for the morning ceremonies.

20th December 2023, Ebora Imperial Temple, 8am

The Temple was a large white marble construction in the shape of a triangle. To its point there was a large garden which in summer would host concerts of religious music but now in the depth of winter was a place largely devoid of colour and life. The base of the triangle ran along a cobbled street and was already packed with the nobles of the Imperial Province ready to take part in todays rituals. The Temple could seat about 1000 people but many more would stand outside and watch the proceedings on big screens filing through later in the day.

A procession of cars began to arrive. First there was the Emperor. He exited the car and largely ignored the crowd making a beeline for the Priestess who would be handling the days ceremony. He checked with her that all had been prepared and deemed her competent to handle the days proceedings. Dressed in black he blended in among the gloomy morning. His wife Empress Josephina accompanied him likewise dressed in black but unlike her husband she waved to the crowd acknowledging them as she made her way inside. The next three cars carried the Imperial Consorts who exited dressed in plain white dresses, their hair tied back into long pony tails. Next was Crown Prince Henrik who accompanied by his half sister Florette took time to go and visit with the crowd. He did his best to seem the Imperial heir channelling his fathers stern and serious manner but when a young school girl asked if he'd take a selfie with her the youngsters cheery smile was hard to turn down. Seeing a fleet of various other vehicles approaching he wished a happy Solstice to the crowd and walking behind his much shorter half sibling the green clad duo climbed the Temple steps.

It would take an hour to get everyone inside but once the ceremony was ready it was a rather swift affair. It began with a song celebrating the fact that they had all survived the winter so far and praising Veridus for giving them the strength. Next the Emperor and Empress lit candles before the Emperor took an oath on behalf of the whole Empire. This done it was time for the blood ritual. Members of the Vanguard carried an ornate golden vase between them to a large stone circular pit in the centre of the temple. The pit had a statue of a wolf similar to that on the Empires flag built into it and carefully the soldiers poured the blood collected from the executions over the wolf until it pooled in the bottom. Once the vase had been emptied the Emperor approached and using a cloth cleaned the wolf before tossing the blood soaked rag into a fire. "Today we ask Veridus to bless my family as we help guide you to the promise of a better world in the next life. Join with us as we do the work of our loving God." He spoke before motioning for his wife to join him. He bent and dipped a finger into the blood and marked her forhead. She walked to a bank of seats and sat. Next the three Consorts lined up and dipping a hand into the blood once more the Emperor left a bloody hand print on the lower stomach, a sign that he was asking the God to make them fertile. Their white dresses now bearing the bloody outline made their way to their seat next came the Crown Prince who did not immediately receive the expected blessing from his father. "Today is a special day. Today I announce that my beloved son Henrik will become an official part of the government. Today he will prepare to take on the role of Consul from the 1st of January. He shall serve his term alongside myself and together we shall guide the Empire. He today becomes the owner of the Heirs Wing of our Imperial Palace and I expect and demand that he fulfil all his obligations as a future Emperor. I ask that Veridus bless him with wisdom." He pressed his blood soaked hand into the dark buzzcut hair of his son. "Give him the courage to be a leader" He pressed his hand on his son's heart before pressing a blood print onto his own sons lower stomach "and the virility to father countless vessels for the volunteers of Veridus." His father referred to the belief that the extended Imperial family were all the elite from their faiths version of heaven who had volunteered, selflessly, to return to Mundus to guide others to paradise. Henrik though simply blushed as he accepted his fathers proud embrace before taking his own seat. His two older sisters came next, followed by his half siblings his father had bred with the three consorts. The serious work done the Imperials left leaving the rest of the congregation to file past the blood pit and dip into it a piece of cloth. They would take this home and in their own fire place burn it casting the Gods blessings through their own home. People filed past until several hours later a young woman, not even the last in line, had to run her embroided cloth around the rim of the pit to get the last drops.

20th December 2023, Ebora Imperial Palace, 1pm

The religious aspects of the day done it was time to enjoy the festivities. The Imperials who had been coated in blood quickly changed into smart suits or dresses and gathered in the rear of the Palace. They had discussed inviting various dignitaries from across Mundus to the event because of Henrik's ascension to Consul being part of the day however Lucius had said no, today was a day for his family. Now though there was at least some relaxation as a few ambassadors and others had joined the gathering, probably on the promise of champagne, fine food and dancing. First though in a wide circle around a bonfire Lucius and his large extended family held their clothing from earlier ready and on the count of three threw them into the fire.

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
Re: Eboracumians Winter Solstice
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2023, 10:53:15 AM »
As envoy to Albion and also ambassador to Lodja Lord Peter Kade, the younger cousin of King David of East Moreland, had been dispatched to attend the after worship soiree. He knew his regal cousin would expect a full report both diplomatically and culturally. In many ways this was Peter's first real big task since becoming a diplomat for the King. He had followed his other cousin, Duchess Orlaith, into diplomatic service first spending some time in Rokkenjima and then, thankfully, in Lodja. There his duties post civil war had been simply being a conduit between his nation and his host. He had found a most joyous way of doing that by forming a romantic relationship with Lady Jasmina, the Chief Lady in Waiting of the Queen, and in his mind the most beautiful human being he had ever seen. He had tried to have her attend this event with him but he sensed Queen Natalya was still a little annoyed that he hadn't followed customary protocol when it came to courting one of her Ladies. Instead his plus one for the evening was Millie Hodgkinson, a young raising star in the diplomatic corps and was earmarked as being the new ambassador to the Heptarchy if formally approved by the Emperor.

The Morelanders watched the burning of the clothing and then made an approach towards the Crown-Prince. "Your Royal Highess" Peter bowed and one step behind him Millie did likewise. "My name is Peter Kade, I am the Royal Envoy to Albion from East Moreland, may I introduce to you Miss Millie Hodgkinson who will, all being well, be the new Morelander ambassador to your nation."

"Its an honour to meet you Your Royal Highness" she said giving yet another bow. "I'm hoping that it may be possible to present my credentials formally to your father if there is a chance, also on behalf of our own monarch, King David, we have this for you on the occasion of you assuming the....I think the words used in your media's reports is....rights and responsibilities of your station." She handed over a book, small enough to fit in a suit pocket and with a deep rich red leather cover. On the front in gold were the words "A Journal of a Consul" The first half of the book was a rather short book from a former Consul of Ancient Ardia. The back pages though were blank. "My King hopes you can fill the remainder with your own deeds and successes." She explained the meaning behind the gift."

"My cousin is somewhat of a history nerd" Peter said as way of further explanation, "It has become a little tradition of his to give a book of some sort as a gift on coronations and the like. I do though wish you all the best in the new role."

Offline Eboracum

• Microstate
    • View Profile
Re: Eboracumians Winter Solstice
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2023, 03:19:58 PM »
Henrik had been surprised to find the Morelanders had approached him. While he knew that there were likely to be guests here from various embassies he had not expected there to be anyone as significant as the King of East Moreland's cousin. "Lord Peter" Henrik responded to his guest. "Miss Hodgkinson." He shook both their hands. "I'm grateful for the gift from your King. Please ensure you pass along my respects next time you get a chance. I will of course endeavour to fill this" He said tapping on the cover of the book given as a gift and making a show of placing the book into his inside coat pocket and tapping it gently showing it was safe. "as for the matter of Miss Hogkinson's credentials follow me." Hernik walked around the bonfire where his outfit from earlier in the day was burning away. He found his father talking to several of the members of his Imperial Vanguard, a military unit dedicated to the Emperor directly. "Father" He attracted his attention. "We have to welcome Lord Peter Kade, cousin to King David of East Moreland and our new ambassador, Miss Millie Hodgkinson"

The Emperor handed a glass of wine he had been consuming to one of the people he'd been chatting with. "Peter" he shook the mans hand, "Millie" he gave her a small bow. "I'm delighted you have come. Miss Hodgkinson I look forward to having you come and visit me many times when we host parties and events here. I'm overdue a visit to East Moreland so perhaps we can have you do that for me. I am officially delighted to accept you as the ambassador representing East Morlenad."