Author Topic: Through Gungju to Lijiang  (Read 1062 times)

Online paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Mktvartvelo (primary nation)
Through Gungju to Lijiang
« on: December 30, 2023, 06:58:52 PM »
Message to the Government of Lijiang | Private communication

The Great Kingdom of Asadal offers you an invitation to Inner Hwangjin for representatives of your government. We hope to strengthen and expand our diplomatic relations, and explore agreements in trade, security, and regional diplomacy.

We await your response and we hope this initiative would relaunch a new future for both our nations.

Secretary of the Foreign Office
Great Kingdom of Asadal

Offline Lijiang

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lijiang
Re: Through Gungju to Lijiang
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2024, 09:18:21 PM »

To:- Secretary of Foreign Office

We are delighted to receive your invitation. At your next convenience we will be delighted to dispatch the heir to the Dragon-Throne, Prince Chun, in order to discuss the matters that you are interested in. We look forward to hearing of the successes the meeting shall bring.

Best Regards

Emperor Tielin

Online paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2024, 11:28:01 PM »
Inner Hwangjin

Prince Chun arrived and was accommodated in the Joheun Huimang Palace, Inner Hwangjin. He was offered two days of rest, in case he needed to get accustomed to the drop in oxygen that sometimes guest experienced. The Prince was informed that the meeting will be in the form of a private and group audience in the Heavenly Palace. He would be received in the Throne Hall, as it is customary, by Queen Hong. Other senior ministers would be present as well.

The day of the meeting, Prince Chun was received by Royal Secretary Hongju at the enter of the Heavenly Palace. "I welcome you in the name of Her Grand Royal Highness", the Royal Secretary said. "It is a pleasure to meet you".

A few minutes later, the visitor was announced in the Throne Hall. Queen Hong was awaiting, sat down on the throne. She was the only one who was sat down, as the rest of people in the room were standing up. They politely bowed to the visitor, while the Queen remained silent until he was formally introduced by the Royal Secretary.

In the audience, there were also present, besides the visitors and the Royal Secretary, the three senior ministers, including Chief State Minister Jungjin Um, the head of the government, and two royal diplomats who served as translators. The Prince was indicated to approach the center of the hall, in front of the platform where the Queen was placed. There was a large cushion in which certain distinguished guests as himself were allowed to sit down if they consider it opportune for their comfort and convenience.

"Welcome to our lands", Queen Hong declared. "I'm glad and honoured to receive you. I hope your travel and stay was pleasant enough. While the circumstances are rather unfortunate, I am confident your visit will serve for a better understanding between our nations".

Offline Lijiang

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2024, 10:54:44 PM »
Chun had brought with him his friend, Jianhong Tsui, a young man just a year older than himself. Jianhong was set to become the Crown-Prince's "Shìzǐ Qīnglǐ" a title that translated into "Gentle Keeper" meaning it would Jianhong who would help support the Crown-Prince in his early delving into his royal duties. The two had meet at the Shūyuàn Academy he had attended and Jianhong was the son of a Lord of some mountain region. As they were introduced to the Throne Room Jianhong waited outside, after all this meeting was between the two royals. He entered when introduced and bowed to the Queen, he had no intention of standing like the others in the throne room, he was after all the future Dragon-Emperor and so he took the cushion even if it was less comfortable than he expected. "I'm thankful for your welcome and on behalf of my father extend our Empire's best wishes. He is eager to hear of the progress that we make here today."

Online paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2024, 01:41:53 AM »
"I hope your father will be pleasantly satisfied with the path that your visit starts", Queen Hong replied. "We are interested to strengthen the diplomatic communications and understanding between our nations".

"For that reason", Queen Hong continued, "I have chosen State Minister Ryu to serve as ambassador to your nation. The state minister is an experienced and professional person and I am  certain that he will be the best person to strengthen the cooperation between our nations".

Chief State Minister Jungjin Um and Deputy Chief State Minister Oh looked at each other as they heard the announcement. They were maybe as surprised as the Prince about the appointment.

"While our governments may find differences, both in the present and the future, we hope that we will find common understanding to improve and strengthen our cooperation. We would be interested to improve our cooperation particularly in the areas of security and trade", she continued.

"We would be interested to improve communications and infrastructures along Gungju, in our shared border, an important port-of-entry for trade between our nations", she explained. "If I am not wrong, there is also interest in increasing our exports in the fields of oil and gas, with an advanced and large with the construction of a pipeline in our further northwestern province which potentially cross toward and Lijiang, and maybe beyond. So we would wonder to hear about your government views on these issues".

Offline Lijiang

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2024, 11:22:33 PM »
OOC- Sorry for the delay. I had written a response and thought I'd posted it, was waiting for you but clearly hadn't posted////my bad.

The proposition put forward had some merits however there were a few issues. "If I may begin by saying we shall ensure the new ambassador and his team are welcomed in Lijiang when they arrive. I know my father and mother will be keen to meet them at the Golden Enclave when they are ready to." Next came the tricky parts.

"As for the pipeline there may be a conflict of interests. Lijiang has, due to our lengthy period of political control lacked the real untapping of many of our fossil fuel reserves. So much so that one of the first things my father did when he ascended the throne was begin a programme with Royal Seleucid, in exchange for exports of food stuff they have provided us a range of equipment and training to enable us to begin extracting the oil under our southern regions. Now I believe a deal of some kind could perhaps be done but it is our hope that within a decade we can become totally independent in terms of oil and gas and therefore a huge pipeline may not make financial sense. We however realise that your land locked nature means it will be difficult for you to export without the co-operation of either ourselves or Cassiopeia. Therefore what kind of arrangement would you suggest in this regard?"

"As for security it would depend on what grounds. In terms of sharing information about potential threats we'd be open, as to on issues such as smuggling or cross boarder crime then again we'd be delighted. Is this what you are looking for or something more."

Online paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2024, 02:59:05 PM »
"Your father opted for a wise policy and philosophy even if some details are not too convenient for your visit, Prince", Queen Hong replied. "We do not ignore those arrangements but I'm confident we have room for a positive cooperation for our nations. Hasn't the State Council preparing for possible arrangements, Chief State Minister?".

"Absolutely, Your Royal Highness", Chief State Minister Jungjin Um replied. "We would propose a participation of your state so you would get a proportion of the revenue obtained from exports of oil and gas extracted from our oil which crosses your nation, even when it is not for your own consumption but of third parties. I am certain that the percentage of that participation could be enough for covering the costs of the construction, security, and maintenance of those infrastructures and add to a revenue to your government or participating corporation".

"I hope that is a proposal you find interesting to build an agreement from that, Prince", Queen Hong declared. "On matters of security, that would be enough. We are not a nation with many enemies, but we are willing to strengthen our states against criminal schemes from inner and outside. On that aim, I propose establishing a treaty of extradition on that goal between our nations".

Offline Lijiang

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2024, 11:36:55 PM »
Chun was not entirely sure of the proposal, it sounded a little like the Chief State Minister was suggesting that Lijiang contribute to the construction and in return get some of the revenue. That would not be something that they'd be too interested in as it would be costing a little too much to make it worth doing. He did though have a proposal. "What I propose then is that you nominate a company from your nation to be the builders of the pipeline. That could even be a newly created consortium of oil companies from your nation. They would own the actual pipeline and be responsible for ensuring its safe maintenance. We would insist that the majority of the workers on construction and maintenance are Lijiangians. We would ensure the pipeline's security. We would expect an annual rent for the territory the pipeline runs on and 15% of the profit from the sale of the oil that leaves our ports. Is this the kind of arrangement on the oil you're looking for?"

"Now in regard to extradition we would be willing to enter into such an agreement on two conditions. First when you request extradition you provide our courts with evidence that the person in question has a case to answer. The second is that the person in question does not face charges in Lijiang and that if they do they face those charges first. Naturally we would accept the same conditions in return."

Online paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2024, 08:49:52 PM »

"That would come close to what we envisioned and I am confident that could work", the Chief State Minister replied. "Giving the proposed scheme, I have in mind some investors which would make it possible  as soon as possible".

"I am glad that we found a space for agreement", Queen Hong declared.

"I find two conditions reasonable",  the Queen continued. "I am confident this treaty will strengthen the security between both of our nations. Did you bring an additional proposal of your own before going to the next point, Prince Chun?".