Author Topic: Kusan Celebrates Victory Day; An Invitation  (Read 978 times)

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Kusan Celebrates Victory Day; An Invitation
« on: January 13, 2024, 08:48:43 AM »

An Invitation To Kaesong
The People's Democratic Republic of Kusan

In the coming days I, and the People of Kusan, will join together in Ri-Sŏng-jin Square to mark Victory Day, a date which is important to the Kusanese People and State as it represents our victory in preserving our nation, culture and traditions from the imperialist gaze of the Federal Republic of Rokkenjima. While we have celebrated this victory alone in years past it is my pleasure to invite honoured guests from across Mundus to join us for this years celebration in an event I feel is a most fitting occasion to reintroduce Kusan to the broader world. Following a parade in Ri-Sŏng-jin Square our honoured guests will have the chance to view the Arirang Mass Games and, of course, an opportunity to speak with me as Kusan seeks to forge new friendships and partnerships with our international neighbours.

This invitation is open to all nations except for the First Empire of Rokkenjima and the Empire of Daitō.

Chairwoman: Ri Sang-Hee

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Mktvartvelo (primary nation)
Re: Kusan Celebrates Victory Day; An Invitation
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2024, 03:11:09 AM »

Lieutenant-Colonel Kargi Nasaridze was relieved when their plane landed smoothly. It was his first travel abroad since he joined the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, already three months ago. Along him, Aigerim Dilrabat stepped out of the plane. While she was not an official or employee of the state, her presence as a Prma Consulting representative was not too out of order, given the Unitary State of Mktvartvelo was the main customer of the consulting firm, after all.

"I have the feeling that it is not going to be too crowded", she said as the airport did not seem too busy.

"An interested and picturesque style", Nasaridze commented on a few pictures hanging from the walls of the airport. "For a capital city, it reminds me some of our middle towns".

"Yes, in the early 2600s, maybe", Aigerim replied.

"Let's wait and see what kind of performance and welcoming they may offer to their guest", he calmly interjected without too much passion.

"Lieutenant-Colonel", Aigerim added in a slighly sardonic tone, "don't forget to tell me if they are murmuring anything about us". Nasaridze had learned the Kusanese language during several years as he became an officer in the Armed Forces of Mktvartvelo. It had been, of course, many years since the last time he had the chance of speak that language.

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lakhzovia
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2024, 11:51:24 AM »
Tesan Cikniye had arrived in Kusan - the move had been controversial for despite the souring relations with Rokkenjima there had been some debate among his Advisory Group as to whether it was wise to so openly provoke the First Empire; finally the decision had been made that the benefits outweighed the risks, any and all new diplomatic avenues that could counter Rokkenjiman influence were to be investigated.

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2024, 12:35:24 AM »

Kaesong International Airport

Lee Ki-su, Vice Chairman of the Central Committee of the Workers' Party of Kusan and often seen as the right hand of Ri Sang-Hee, had been tasked with welcoming guests at Kaesong International Airport as she oversaw final preparations for Victory Day celebrations. His history as a bodyguard for the Ri family since the times of her father, moving on to serve as the chief intelligence officer for the PDRK before finding himself as an influential member of the Central Committee meant that the Respected Comrade held great faith and trust in him. It was her intention to see him head a reinvigorated diplomatic apparatus for the PDRK so his tasks today would prepare him for the work ahead whilst giving her an opportunity to gauge his abilities in this arena.

Lee Ki-su awaiting the arrival of the honoured guests of Kusan along with the honour guard.

"Looks like Chŏng-jun lost the bet," one of Lee's staff murmured aside him, which prompted a raised eyebrow. "The Respected Comrade was expecting perhaps a delegation from Kaitaine first, yet we see the Mtkvarteli," he answered, which would prompt a chuckle from Lee. "I'm sure she hasn't demanded a wager he can't afford. Still, they're a nation that she sees prospect in, so it's fortunate they've found their way to Kaesong today." As they approached Lee extended a hand, "Welcome to the People's Democratic Republic of Kusan, honoured guests. I am Lee Ki-su, Vice Chairman of the Central Committee of the Workers' Party of Kusan, and will be your guide as we make our way to Ri-Sŏng-jin Square where final touches are being placed on the celebrations ahead. My associate here," he motioned to the staff aside him, "will take you to your personal transport to the square. Refreshments are available within," he concluded with a smile.

The second arrival was a bit of a surprise as well, President Tesan Cikniye of the Lakhzov Republic. Lee knew of the recent falling out between the Republic and the First Empire and, with his intelligence background, was contemplating what information the Lakhzovians may have on Rokkenjima that may be of use to the PDRK. The break in their relations was rather recent after all, so any information they held would be helpful in the crafting for PDRK operations regarding the Rokkenjimans. "Welcome to the Peoples Democratic Republic of Kusan as our honoured guest. I am Lee Ki-su, Vice Chairman of the Central Committee of the Workers' Party of Kusan, and will be your guide as we make our way to Ri-Sŏng-jin Square where final touches are being placed on the celebrations ahead. My associate here," he motioned to another member of his staff aside him, "will take you to your personal transport to the square. Refreshments are available within," he continued with a smile, "and I should think the Respected Comrade will be looking forward to discussing our mutual associate," he concluded with a knowing nod.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Mktvartvelo (primary nation)
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2024, 10:18:25 PM »

"Nice to meet you, Vice-Chairman", Nasaridze replied. "We are honoured to be received in your country, and I am certain that the celebrations will be worthy". He spoke Kusanese slightly slowler than a native but without an accent.

Dilrabat slightly leant her head and offered a smile as they parted ways and they approached to the vehicle. "I hope you're right, Lieutenant-Colonel, and the...Respected Comrade will have some private time for us", she told her companion of travel.

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
  • Boldly staying where everyone has gone before
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Empire of DaitoTIO
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2024, 10:19:01 PM »
   As it had been before, so too was it now. When the People's Republic of Kalasin fell in 2017, for a time Colonel—now General—Thaksin Prateung had been forced over the border, enjoying the company of his Kusanese comrades. They had a shared animosity for the Fusanese, the Rokkenjimans, and their ilk, yet this time would be different. Kalasin was not lost; where before, many had so willingly laid down their arms thanks to the poor decisions made by the Jitnukul-led administration, now, though they had gone underground for the time being, he had an army at his back. No, Kalasin was not lost, not forever. He would right the wrongs inflicted upon his nation by foes both foreign and domestic, and, he hoped, bring the occident to its knees.

But before that could be done, he would need to reaffirm the support of his sponsors. The aid so generously provided by the men at Gabdatsin Inc., primarily in the form of small arms and weapons, was helpful to be sure, even if the General had his misgivings about doing business with private firms. Such was the cost of living in a world held captive by the chains of wealth, yet it was a price worth paying if it meant the continuation of the revolution. But now, they needed more. Heavier equipment, vehicles, artillery, and so much more. But first, introductions, though perhaps none were needed given what he—and the PAFK—had achieved in the last year.
   "Honored Vice-Chairman, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance." The Kalasinese war veteran said with a smile. He may have been there on business, but that didn't mean he had to be impolite to his hosts. "I appreciate the invitation, given the circumstances."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2024, 09:30:27 AM »
"I hope they will prove satisfactory." Lee Ki-su said with a nod, "Do enjoy yourselves in your time with us. I know that the Respected Comrade looks forward to your company later."

Thaksin Prateung was one of Ri Chŏng-jun's associates, so he was known to the Vice Chairman even if they hadn't directly interacted before. "Likewise," he would simply reply, "I understand that Comrade Chŏng-jun has a booth prepared for you to oversee the parade which stands before us imminently. I've prepared the transports for you already, and it is my understanding Comrade Ri Chŏng-jun is awaiting your arrival so, I will not delay you any further. Enjoy your time in the People's Democratic Republic."

Once Prateung was out of earshot Lee Ki-su spoke into his mouthpiece, "Your brother's pet has arrived as expected, what do you wish to be done?" to which Sang-Hee replied "see where he goes, monitor his movements, merely keep an eye on him." With a nod, though she would not see it he continued forth with his duties, though he wasn't sure there would be many more arrivals. The lack of a Kataniese delegation stung still, though she could already see the propaganda pieces against Kaitaine forming within Sang-Hee's mind. "Nothing from Kaitaine yet?" she asked, if almost on que, to which he simply said "no." The static spoke for itself before Sang-Hee simply replied , "disappointing, and to think they were anointed as the successors to what the USR built. Disappointing."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lakhzovia
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2024, 10:35:26 AM »
Cikniye looked at the Vice Chairman - a meeting such as this would never have been permitted under the Kadassa government which had long ago lost its appetite for acting in a way not to Rokkenjima's liking, now however things were going to be different. Lakhzovia would no longer defer to Rokkenjiman interests, a fact that appeared to have been recognised by the swift Rokkenjiman pivot away from the previously 'friendly' relations.

That act alone would provide great material with which to sow distrust of Rokkenjima abroad, it also effectively freed him to pursue a new coalition to counter the Rokkenjiman influence in Mundus.

"I thank you Vice Chairman for the warm welcome. I am greatly humbled to be one of the first world leaders permitted to visit your State, I hope that this will become the first of many such visits and the signal for a future of closer relations between our two nations."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2024, 09:45:52 PM »
"We share your sentiments," Ki-su replied warmly. "Due to isolation following the fall of Warsaw, and the ostracization we've faced from a certain nation, not much is truly known about Kusan to those from the outside world. I'm sure you saw, just as we did, the Rokkenjimans and Daiōjin ridicule and mock the PDRK; actions demonstrated all so often by imperialist powers that throw their weight far beyond where its desired. While we've been isolated it doesn't mean we haven't looked outward and observed events as they transpired, so we know that your people were thrown to the wayside when the Anselmo's favourite pet, Kadassa, was finally evicted from office. Their kind don't tolerate those who deviate from their world view, as you've so unfortunately experienced."

"Enough of that though, today is one of celebration and a re-introduction to Mundus on our terms and in our voice. You will be aside Respected Comrade Ri Sang-Hee for the duration of the parade and, naturally, after the festivities I expect there will be a fair bit she wishes to discuss with you. It is of note that you have not withdrawn from the Cross-Straits organization, as such I would expect some curiosity from the Respected Comrade to be shown regarding certain happenings there. Finally, there will be interest for modernizing equipment utilized by the Kusanese People's Army. In the mean time, please do enjoy yourself while in our lands."

Finally joined with her guests Ri Sang-Hee took in the sights of the parade, a display of Kusan's robust defense against a repeat of the war some seventy years ago which resulted in what Kusan viewed as a final answer to Rokkenjiman involvement in Kusanese affairs as well as its continued pledge to ensure that no amount of force, nor pressure, could again weigh upon the PDRK. Often times during the parade she would point and give a summary of individual units, pieces of equipment, as well as to the joy of the people involved in the parade itself. The patriarchal nature of Kusan was still on display in the view of the television feed available to her, with the camera cutting to her brother's reactions on a level annoyingly noticeable to her; with a single word spoken into her microphone the cameras took their focus off him and would train themselves upon her for the remainder of the parade. Naturally she knew that he had his own ambitions at play, people speaking into his ears that she had stolen something from him, yet she remained confident that she could keep his political interests contained. The alternative would be seeing any threat removed and, to date, she did not see that option as being necessary.

Looking to Nasaridze Sang-Hee would offer a sigh of sorts. "Kusan is a proud nation, but one which also laments that we must look over our shoulder on a daily basis, build such a defense that any imperialist venture into our territory would be a sentence of death for the invaders, but this is the reality imposed upon us by Rokkenjima and, most recently, the Daiōjin as well. I believe that these upcoming elections in Kalasin should not only be observed by the Coalition, but from unbiased eyes of their neighbours in Cotf Aranye as, unfortunately, Coalition observers observe from a position of perceived bias even if they, themselves, are clean of it. The PDRK has called for such continental based observers to be part of that process, a call which has to date been ignored. Do you think your government would be willing to support our calls for Cotf Aranye nations, absent Achkaerin as a party to the Coalition naturally, to play a role in observing the elections in Kalasin?"

She then turned to Cikniye. "The Vice Chairman has had several good things to say about you and your ability to make a good first impression, it's an honour to share time with you here today. Before you is the Kusanese answer to Rokkenjima's demands for compliance, a compliance I have never found good standing in abiding to and, by the way, congratulations on your independence from both Kadassa and the Anselmos. I feel we've much to discuss later, but please, do enjoy yourself; we are, after all, a most hospitable host and I don't wish to send any of my guests home without ensuring that they know the true spirit and essence of the Kusanese People."

OOC: For anyone worried, this topic should be considered as a time bubble prior to the allegations of Kusanese involvement in the attack upon Pyrettania. I'm not bombarding my own celebration. :)

Beatrice Anselmo