Author Topic: Rokkenjiman Embassy Siege  (Read 4341 times)

Online Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lakhzovia
Rokkenjiman Embassy Siege
« on: August 29, 2017, 10:44:43 PM »

The Rokkenjiman Embassy Siege

The story so far:

Argan Tsagarai, the leader of the Democratic Alliance Party which electoral data suggests won the recent general election fled to the Rokkenjiman Embassy when the Kadassa Regime began a crackdown on opposition parties, including the arrest of top Democratic Alliance politicians.

As the security situation in Nakim degenerated rival groups took to the streets creating a situation of chaos, the government began bussing in their own supporters and allowed the Hand of Emet militia freedom to enter the city.

Acting on intelligence and a hunch Security Minister, Shalmi Meira, launches an operation in which agents of the Prefecture whip up an angry mob, storm the Embassy District and lay siege to the Rokkenjiman Embassy.

As several nations, Rokkenjima and Achkaerin chief among them, begin to respond to the crisis President Kadassa is engaged in a time buying exercise, providing Empress Evanthe with false reports and assurances while his agents seek entry to the building in order to neutralise Tsagarai.

A car bomb is used to breach the compound's outer wall, and the Prefecture cut the power to the complex to aid their breaking in. With rioters now inside the building ransacking the offices a team of Prefecture agents have begun their search for the safe room in which Tsagarai will be hiding.

Unbeknown to the Prefecture Achkaerinese agents have also entered the building under the guise of being rioters and are planning to extract the trapped Embassy staff and Tsagarai via a disused subterranean tunnel that runs close to the Embassy's basement. As a result Rokkenjima, now coordinating directly with Achkaerinese intelligence are trying to stall Kadassa for time.

Kadassa has asked for a floor plan of the building with the promise of sending in elite police units to clear out the embassy and protect the staff sheltering in the safe room.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 10:54:20 PM by Lakhzovia »

Online Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
Re: Rokkenjiman Embassy Siege
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 10:53:13 PM »

Presidential Palace, Nakim

Kadassa sat and watched the time slowly ticking by on the wall clock. He was concerned, it shouldn't take this long for them to send a floor plan, it crossed his mind that the Empress was stalling for time, yet if that were the case it would mean that they were planning some direct intervention of their own... he pushed the thoughts to the back of his consciousness before the wall of panic could hit him. He would put on more pressure.

"Get me the Empress on the phone!" he snapped at his aide, soon the red light on his table phone began blinking telling him that the line was live, he picked up the receiver "Your Highness, I do hope nothing is that matter? I am concerned, given the shortness of time, at the delay in receiving the floor plans to the building. As you are aware we are not able to guarantee the safety of your personnel if our men are forced to go in to the situation blind."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 07:33:41 PM »
Eva remained tense and attentive as the events unfolded, dividing her attention between various screens and the voices filling the room. A count-down on the fuel which maintained power for the safe room, streams of intelligence as well as the blueprint of the Embassy. Her people were competent, those endeavouring to reach them she trusted with every fiber, by now all should be in order to buy them precious moments, yet she couldn't help but to worry. She remembered well the countless hours during the imprisonment of Rokkenjimans in Transvaal, pacing alongside Beatrice as she weighed her options and could only stand by as the events unfolded before her.

Cirice placed her hand on Jason's shoulder, she could tell the stress was mounting upon him with each passing second. "You needn't wear such worry on your face, for even should they breach that door I promise to you I shall hold this ground to my dying breath. Look," she said, pointing to the dimmed ICON display. "Just off the shores of Lakhzovia sit several tonnes of the Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy, and they're not alone either. On board those vessels are people working their damnedest to bring us home safely; collect yourself and focus on what you will do once free of these walls."

"A fine point," Jason said with a smile, turning to Tsagari. "Speaking of which you must be curious as to the present state of affairs outside," he said as he brought up various summaries and reports on the developments since they had entered the room. "If we make it out of this I have it on good authority that Megitsune has one of the prize stocks of mead you can find anywhere on Mundus. I'm certain the Empress wouldn't mind putting us on her tab."

"Mr. President, the files should be transferring as we speak," Evanthe replied. "The location of the room should be highlighted," she said with a smile to Lelouch, "Let us all pray that this concludes safely for all."

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Malson

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Malson
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 11:03:03 PM »
Dimitry was sitting on the edge of his seat, along with Abram Zazan sitting beside him, observing the live coverage of the siege upon Rokkenjima, a questioned and confused look was on both of their faces, watching the fire and firework explosions along with the chanting of protesters outside the embassy. The broadcast on TV was intense, an aerial of a large crowd of people, the chants below the chopper made hairs stand up on the both of them, the rioters even tried throwing rocks towards the helicopter above, though not successful, the pilot was panicked at the actions below.

"How do you think this happened?" Abram questioned Dimitry
"Guess a political leader hid in the embassy, the security got compromised, and all hell broke loose, that is what I atleast think..."
"You think this should be a problem to us?" questioning once again,
"Of course, Rokkenjima has great relations with our country, it'd be best to help them and try to observe the crisis..."

Online Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2017, 12:21:37 AM »
Presidential Advisory Group Meeting, Presidential Palace, Nakim

"Mr. President, the files should be transferring as we speak," Evanthe replied. "The location of the room should be highlighted," came the Empresses response to his query, Kadassa looked inquisitively towards Shalmi Meira who was scrutinising a laptop screen, she looked up and nodded to him.

"I thank you Empress for your cooperation in this, with these floor plans we will be able to bring this ugly matter to a speedy conclusion." after completing the closing exchange Kadassa hung up the phone.

"Shalmi, this is what I want to happen. We send in our police force so it looks like we are following through on our promise, I want you to tell the Prefecture to have those Hand of Emet monkeys firing on the officers to buy us time, allow a maximum of two causalities from among our forces for appearances sake. In the meantime communicate this information to whoever in the Prefecture is in command there and take Tsgarai out." he said

"As good as done Mr President" responded the Security Minister.

Rokkenjiman Embassy, Exterior

The Police had been setting up a command post around the corner from the Rokkenjiman Embassy just out of the line of fire of the Hand of Emet sentinels placed on the rooftops surrounding the area. Below them the crowd was chanting angrily and above them a helicopter was circling, some of them had initially attempted to fire at it however their commander had radioed ordering them to desist, apparently it was a news 'copter and it wouldn't have done their cause any good to down it.

Suddenly their radio's crackled to life "All sentinels police incursion in progress, suppressive fire authorised" as they scanned the approach streets they spotted the line of heavily armoured police making their way towards the embassy, they halted and ran for cover as the rooftop gunmen began to open fire in short bursts towards the intruders.

Rokkenjiman Embassy, Interior

Iniz Atar had finally received the plans he had been waiting for. The commander had contacted his other teammates in the building and half of them were now converging on the location they had been told would contain their target. They swept down a long corridor in the formal section of the building which terminated in a dead end. The obvious lines on the wall indicated a disguised door of the sort that commonly led to service areas, trying the door they found it to be locked "Not an electronic lock then" said one of the team as rapped it with his knuckles. The door gave a hollow thud "Doesn't seem to be a security door, probably just wood" he gave it a few hard kicks at roughly where he imagined the deadbolt to be after which the door flung open with a splintering of wood. The men drew their weapons and passed in to the space beyond to find, as expected, the bare concrete walls of a service corridor, they cautiously made their way down it, this wasn't right, according to the map they had received this should have led to a staircase down to the secure room, instead the corridor continued towards what appeared to be a kitchen.

Iniz activated his radio link "Commander, we have a problem here."

Offline hobbes

• Basically New Zealand
  • Spain with no a
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: idk
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2017, 01:37:23 AM »

"Back! Back!" shouted a embassy Marine, pushing a straggler out of the Cascadian compound before re-sealing the gate. While not the particular target of the riot, the Cascadian embassy was opposite the Rokkenjiman, not a full block away, and thus was bearing some of the brunt of the riots. The compound was, however, not built for this type of conflict, of course. Paling in size to the Rokkenjiman embassy, the small three story 19th century brick-and-mortar building overlooked the street below, with a fenced front yard. Just beyond the front gates the streets seemed in a state of near anarchy.

On the third floor of the embassy, the Ambassador looked over the rioting below out his office window with the Marine force commander, if he can be called that with a half a dozen men under his command, standing to his right. They heard a volley of rifle fire go off.

"...Are they shooting at us?"

"No, sir."

"How can you tell?"

"That thud. It'd be more like a crack if they were shooting at us."

"So what's this all about?"

"No idea, but we haven't been able to get any supplies in. We have four days of food and water left."

"And we don't know when it'le end?"

"The Lakhzovians haven't returned our calls, though I suspect they're a tad preoccupied."

"Hmf, well, I suppose we're sitting it ou-.." He saw a wave of gunfire again, from neighboring buildings near the Embassies. "Police?"

"I mean-..could b-.." The officer was cut off by a loud CRACK, as shards of the brick near to the window dropped to the ground.

"Now they're shooting at us." The officer responded, grabbing his radio. "Keep your heads low, we're catching fire up here, Break." was met by a "Affirmative."

"So, let's assume this spills over here, what do we do?"

"Well given six marines versus a mob of hundreds, I can't really say I respect our odds, sir."

"So be it then." He nodded, taking a sip from his coffee. "Well, we're stuck here anyways."

« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 06:38:27 PM by hobbes »
I scream

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2017, 07:24:04 PM »
Julian looked up at the ceiling at the sound of the gunshots
"That was sooner than I'd thought." Julian said, it was getting bad now
"Tell me about it." his team mate Cyd said "We need to step this up a bit."
"Advance everything by five minutes." Julian said, they picked up their pace "Misty I want that distraction in two minutes not a second later."
"Copy that." came the answer.
"Charlie get on standby." Julian said
"Standing by." Charlie said

The advantage Julian and Cyd had was that they, unlike their Lakhzovian counterparts, knew where the safe room actually was, misdirecting the Lakhzovian's ensured a clear path for them. So here the two of them were carefully making their way there, they came to the end of a corridor and approached what appeared to be nothing more than an ordinary door but this was nothing more than a facade, this door wouldn't budge.
"Right place then?" Cyd asked
"Looks like it." Julian said he knocked on the door "Gladiator." it was the agreed password for the Rokkenjiman's to open up
"Think we can tell Emerald Troop to stop cutting?" Cyd asked
"Only when we're out of here." Julian said

The door was opened and the two Justicars stepped inside, the door closed behind them.

"Julian Lawson Achkaerinese Military Intelligence." Julian said introducing himself as he looked around at the Rokkenjiman staff and their guest "I know this has been a major ordeal but I need you to keep your heads a little while longer, play this right and its over within the next few minutes. We need you to behave as you normally would."
"Mr Tsagarai." Cyd said placing a rucksack in front of the man who could well be the rightful President of Lakhzovia "We need you to change, there aren't many rioters out there dressed in your sort of clothes." this was obviously what was in the rucksack, new clothes including a balaclava to cover the face.
"Just make it fast." Julian said he glanced at his watch two minutes

While Julian and Cyd had been making their way to the saferoom Misty had been planting small smoke charges around the embassy - usually slipping them in the air vents with a small fire brewing in the laundry room, she'd also had a bit of fun helping some of the rioters pull down a few things of the wall and she'd had even more fun with the sledgehammer smashing up stuff in the embassy. But now she was busy ransacking what appeared to be one of the embassy offices, easiest thing to do, it would look out of place for a rioter to not be looting wouldn't it?
"Misty go!" Julian's voice came over the com.

Misty reached into her pocket and pressed the remote for the charges this would start a one minute countdown.

In the saferoom they'd used their time well Tsagarai, now changed, looked like the average looter, Julian nodded to Cirice and the door to the saferoom opened, Cyd took Tsagarai out first with Julian watching their backs
"When the alarm sounds follow your usual protocols." Julian said to Cirice, he followed Tsagarai out and closed the saferoom door, the corridor was clear, the noise of gunfire and looting evident once again, the walls of the safe room had somewhat blunted the decibel onslaught. They got back up to ground level and joined the function room looting just as the smoke charges went off. Smoke billowed out from the air vents.

On the roof of the Achkaerinese embassy Charlie stood watching the scene unfold as the smoke became really apparent and looters started fleeing out of the building, nothing cleared a building quite like a 'fire' after all...

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2017, 09:50:18 AM »
Cirice didn't waste one moment to act; her first priority was clearing Jason of the embassy grounds. With the dispersing looters and rioters that wasn't too difficult a task, while her subordinates coordinated the policies of the embassy to see that the staff were looked after. Following a group which was making its way away from the embassy Cirice took note of each building they passed, Achkaerin would not be an option at this time, though Dartfordia would be a welcome refuge. As they moved the need to get away from the crowd and off the street remained ever present, a group of rioters pushing through had thrown them to the ground as they pushed through, her face inches away from a gate.

As she looked up she could see a concerned guard looking back upon her, quickly she removed the t-shirt she had wrapped around her face earlier. "My friend and I seek refuge," she said swiftly as she motioned to Jason. "Jason Cole, Rokkenjiman Ambassador to Lakhzovia, I have reason to fear it isn't safe for us on the streets, as you can see," she continued, pointing to the fire and smoke rising up from the Rokkenjiman Embassy. "If you could grant us safe haven, and the use of a telephone, we would be thankful."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2017, 08:00:14 PM »
The CS Marine Guard took a moment to take in the situation; obviously he was trained to first of all protect his most important assets, the embassy staff and ambassador, but this situation..."Wait for one moment, I just need to make a call". He immediately transfered himself on the direct line to the ambassador's office, surely he would tell him whether it was ok to let these suspicious people in or not. "Sir, I think we have something big here...". It took a few minutes but eventually he signalled Cirice and Jason to enter the compound as fast as possible while the Marine Guards were stationed with their guns pointing out in all directions towards the mobs that were rampaging and looting outside...

"Ah yes I knew both of you were familiar, I'm of course Ambassador Friedman. As you can see, the evacuation of our embassy is underway and has been going on for a few days already. These fine marines will esnure that my staff and I will travel safely back to Orania...here's a secret but I heard rumors that President Underwood is considering to get congress to declare war on Lakzhovia if anything should happen to us, the fact that this President Kadassa can't seem to be in control of his own people is absurd to the absolute rock bottom. Where are my manners, please have a seat, I'm sure ms. Secretary here could get you something to drink, a small snack for that matter too? Excuse my trivalities, but I have to ensure that everything I pack down in this case is in order, I don't think we have much time before these wackos decide to storm us too, our marines are some of the best but eventually they're gonna be overrun...Oh yeah where was I...By the way, you'd wish to escape with us to Orania, from there you could easily travel back to Rokkenjima? President Underwood would understand surely that we would do anything for our Rokkenjiman friends..."

Online Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2017, 10:13:18 PM »
Presidential Advisory Group Meeting, Presidential Palace, Nakim

To say that Kadassa was not best pleased was an understatement, he was in fact furious. He had been informed by Shalmi Meira that the plans they had been provided had led to a kitchen and nothing more meaning that his worst fears, that the Rokkenjimans were not to be trusted, were confirmed. His next thoughts turned to the fact that after this debacle was over Rokkenjima would want an investigation and to go over the site with a fine tooth comb. There would of course be at least some evidence that would point towards lines of enquiry that he'd rather they not pick up. Then further bad news arrived.

"What do you mean the building is on fire?" he bellowed. Shalmi for her part remained completely calm.

"Mr President, I did not say the building is on fire. I said the building is flooded with smoke."

"Same difference! If there is smoke then one can assume there is a fire, I honestly shouldn't be having to tell you this!"

"Actually Sachim, given how quickly the smoke spread throughout the building it seems that it must have been distributed by the air ducts, and as the power is out, and the air circulation therefore shut down this would mean the fire would have to actually be inside the ducts themselves. Now as you know metal doesn't tend to burn so that leaves us with conclusion that this was a smoke bomb, someone is trying to either cause a distraction or to scare the mob out of the building."

Kadassa glared at Shalmi "I have told you enough times not to refer to me so casually." he said icily "If it weren't for the fact that now is not the time to be shaking up the security establishment I'd have you dragged out of here to a prison in the Rossetiyan Desert. But perhaps you can redeem yourself by not entirely fucking up this next part... burn the embassy down. I want a blaze so intense that every last shred of this shit show is destroyed, if Tsagarai is in there then hopefully the flames will consume him.

I want the police action stepped up and the entire area sealed. We'll do a mass arrest and processing of the mob to capture Tsagarai if he's trying to slip out that way, I therefore need you to tell the Hand of Emet and the Prefecture to set the fire and then get their men out of there.

Once this blows over we'll discuss this incident further."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2017, 10:08:57 AM »
"Ambassador Jason Cole, pleasure to meet you," Jason replied with a handshake. "If you're offering a ride we'd be grateful to tag along, as you can see Lakhzovia is not quite the welcoming place these days," he continued with a chuckle, welcoming the offer of refreshments. "While we have naval forces in the Peniche I wouldn't wish to tip off that we've slipped away, so this seems to be the best course available to us. Once in Orania I will contact my Government, whom I am sure would be grateful for the assistance of President Underwood. After all, I will likely be in need of a new assignment soon as I don't see myself returning here."

"It is settled then....though I don't believe I've seen one of these before," Cirice said as she snacked casually, taking notice of one item in particular. It was an awkward moment for Jason as Cirice had always maintained a facade, never too cold but never too personable either. "I don't believe anyone saw us enter, though we can't be sure that the Lakhzovians didn't notice individuals breaking off from the main group. If we're to depart we must do so soon. Ambassador Friedman, you have our gratitude."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2017, 10:56:55 AM »
OOC: Ecclesiastical State and Pope Peter II, as well as CS Marine Guard = Guardian of St. Peter's Throne, just a reminder

Monsignor Marius Friedman, Apostolic Nuncio to Lakzhovia - "Rest asssured that the Holy Father will take good care of you while in the Vatican contacting your own people, God's grace and mercy always extends to the good people, and I can already see it in your hearts that you belong to such category; May this terrible event in Lakzhovia end soon so its people may not suffer anymore...Oh and I suppose the Ecclesiastical State and Rokkenjima plan to cooperate more on certain projects I assume, especially in the fields of environmentalism? The Pope is very keen on this, citing scripture from the works of St, Francis of Assisi who's one of the principal saints of animals and poverty btw.".

Hours went by and I'm not sure what those two Rokkenjimans were up to since I was in another room praying the rosary, to especially grant our safe passage home to ES; one rosary round usually takes 20-30 minutes and I can assure you that I did it more than twice hehe. "Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen."

It was time to leave this satanic hell-hole that I ventured into a few years back. "My Rokkenjiman friends, it's time to depart to ES; the Guardians of St. Peter Throne will ensure that we'll reach the airport swiftly and safely.". The guards and the three of us went to the roofdeck to await the helicopter which was supposed to bring us to the airport where the Papal aircraft was heading back to ES. I took a look back at the chaotic this mess this country has been drawn into, what in the devil was President Kadassa trying to accomplish? It's obvious that he had some part into this, the fact that he can't seem to control his people makes everything here so fishy.

At last the heli arrived and as soon as the Guardians cleared us, we were to board it as quickly as possible. "I think it's time now my friends. shall we?"

Online Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2017, 10:52:44 PM »

Iniz Atar was making his way down a narrow side street away from the embassy and towards the  maze of streets of the old city, taking a glance back over his shoulder he could see the thick grey smoke rising above the roofs of the surrounding buildings.

Having reported to his Commander that they had been misled with regards to the location of the panic room there had been a wait of a painful few minutes, minutes that had felt like hours, before he radioed back again. "I have your orders. You are to do an evidence purge, given the lack of time for a cleanup crew we need you to torch the building and then get out of there. From the plans we have received we have determined the best place to start a blaze for maximum impact. Police units will be cordoning off the area in thirteen minutes, you must be clear of the embassy green zone by then."

Iniz's team had quickly set to work setting the blaze that was now consuming the embassy, the white decoy smoke that they suspected had been set off by Rokkenjiman security to clear the building had within minutes given way to the thick dark grey smoke now belching from the windows indicating that the first had taken and spread as anticipated.

As they continued to hurry down the streets they heard the reverberating crack of weapons fire echoing through the streets as the Hand of Emet attempted to hold off the growing police assault while they evacuated their men. A new noise was suddenly added to the cacophony, the din of a helicopter taking off, apparently the increasing intensity of the fighting was proving too much for some of the embassies who were now evacuating their staff. Iniz took one last glance at the receding scene before turning a corner and disappearing into the alleys of the old city.

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2017, 01:29:39 AM »
"Welcome back." Emma Hastings said as Julian's team plus one masked Tsagarai entered the Achkaerinese embassy
"Thanks." Julian said
"What's going on out there?" Emma asked
"Police are moving in, people are petitioning the other embassies, well those that aren't evacuating at least for sanctuary." Julian said "Where do we stand?"
"Mirror Protocol is complete." Emma said "Everything's been copied over to Valtheim and we've destroyed all our data and files on site."
"Good." Julian said "Emerald Troop?"
"Upstairs finishing off what beer's left on the premises." Emma said "We've got a Bumblebee helicopter on the roof and one wasp."
"Bumblebee's will be enough for embassy personnel and us." Julian said "Where's the wasp pilot?"
"Upstairs." Emma said
"Mr Tsagarai would you come with me please?" Julian asked

Julian led Tsagarai to a room where the wasp pilot Flight Leader Fiona Atherton and her crew mate Pilot Officer Phil King were waiting.
"You the wasp pilot?" Julian asked
"Flight Leader Atherton yes sir." Fiona said
"You're scheduled to leave in?" Julian asked
"Ten minutes sir." Fiona said
"Well this is Mr Tsagarai he's the man this whole thing's about, he's your backseat passenger on the way out of here." Julian said
"Sir?" Fiona asked
"We need to evacuate him without anyone knowing he's here." Julian said "Get him in a flight suit with a helmet and he looks like your crew mate."
"Understood." Fiona said

Ten minutes later as Julian stood on the embassy roof, the blaze of the Rokkenjiman embassy behind him, the Wasp went airborne, the Bumblebee was undergoing pre-flight checks but it was due for takeoff in the next few minutes, then that would be it the evacuation would be complete the Achkaerinese embassy in Lakhzovia would be no more, Julian glanced over his shoulder just in time to see the flames consume the Rokkenjiman flag what a mess he thought.

Fiona knew how to get the best out of the Wasp, though this was the first time she'd ever been a taxi service, they cleared the coast without trouble and were soon over the Peniche.
"Shooting Star calling Seònaid Ayanami" she said over the radio "Hardware evacuation flight inbound requesting landing clearance."
"Shooting Star we have you on radar, you are clear on approach." came the response
"Copy that." Fiona said

On the Megitsune James Black walked into the command centre smiling as he clipped his radio back on his belt, he approached Emerson and Evanthe.
"It's over." James said "Package is being delivered as we speak. He'll be aboard the Seònaid Ayanami within the next few minutes."
"Well done." Emerson said, he turned to Evanthe "I think this calls for a drink don't you?"

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2017, 05:23:07 AM »
"I believe it does," Evanthe replied, awash with relief. "First, however, I will need to have a word with you," Savannah said as she approached Evanthe and Emerson. "Of course," Evanthe said, to which Savannah shook her head. "We've already spoken, it is the Count with whom I desire an audience. We have some important matters to discuss and I feel we won't have the opportunity to speak like this for some time."

"As you wish," Evanthe said turning to Emerson. "I'll be here, there are some things I must go over and officials to speak with back in Pyrettania. Once you've finished with Savannah we can go for that drink, and perhaps include Mr. Tsagarai as I've been hoping to speak with him." "Now then," Savannah continued, "the Captain has been generous enough to offer me the use of their quarters so we may speak in private. Worry not, I don't believe our conversation will take too long."

"I believe I speak for both of us when I say our departure from this nation couldn't come soon enough," Jason said as the helicopter lifted off. "While we could have made our departure with the remainder of the embassy staff there are some elements within Lakhzovia we're concerned about, so this assistance is greatly appreciated by the Imperial Government. Such a shame," Jason said as he viewed the ruins of what had been the Rokkenjman Embassy, "just days ago we finished the new paint, carpets, and I finally got my own Foosball table in my office."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2017, 12:05:58 AM »
On the INS Seònaid Ayanami the atmosphere was mixed, on the one hand they'd managed to extract the person of interest from Lakhzovia, on the other hand that created a slight issue for them but on the plus side that was a much more controllable situation with Tsagarai on their ship. Jade Watson the ship's captain stood on the flight deck as Fiona and Tsagarai made their way over having landed safely.

"Welcome aboard Mr Tsagarai." Jade said "We have some quarters set aside for you and we'll be stationing an escort with you at all times and for the moment we'll have to confine you to the ship, this is due to political matters elsewhere that may compel me to do something I'd sooner not but as the saying goes sir we shall cross that bridge if and when we come to it." she was referring to discussions at the Palace of Nations if the CTO let the arrest warrant stand which they'd probably have to then she'd have to enforce that warrant as Achkaerin was still a CTO member state. Still that didn't really bear thinking about yet. She had enough to worry about with this whole Lakhzovian situation anyway.

Emerson nodded
"James make the arrangements for the Empress to travel to the Seònaid Ayanami" he said glancing at Evanthe "If you want to talk to Tsagarai it'll have to be there I'm afraid."
"Of course." James said

Emerson then followed Savannah into the captain's quarters
"So what do you want to discuss?" he asked closing the door behind them.

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2017, 09:18:25 AM »
"Thank you for your audience," Savannah said as the door closed, taking a seat behind the desk out of habit. "I'll get straight to the point as I am certain Evanthe has mentioned me before. She's been through quite a bit since we parted, both the good and the bad have only built that character which drew me into her orbit to begin with. Even if we're not together any longer I still try to look out for her, even rode to her rescue during the Eugenic's War," she continued with a chuckle, "I still try to imagine the look on those poor bastard's faces when my ship emerged and sent them to the bottom."

"I can see she's quite taken by you so I'll only ask that you take care of her, get her out of that Castle and away from the politics as often as possible. She's been saddled with so much that I fear she'll let life pass by her, and we can't let that happen. Should you hurt her, well," she pointed out the window toward the near-by Eliot Quin, "Well, I believe that speaks for itself, though honestly I don't believe we've anything to worry about. If Evanthe is happy I have little choice but to support that which makes her happy. Please, do get her away from that Castle more often though, she truly does need it."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2017, 11:47:33 PM »
Emerson had to smile he'd had this sort of lecture before though not for a few years and the last time it had come directly from the Emperor himself.

"Eight years ago I lost the woman I cared about." Emerson said "Danielle was her name, she was the Marqueeza of Silverlea Province, popular, bright, loved by the people, funny, she was everything and then she was assassinated the day that Avalon was opened. I raised her daughters Olivia and Maia, with the same code expected of any man in regards to a woman - cherish her, respect her, honor her, love her. And in Achkaerin we are great believers in our word being our bond."

"To be honest Evanthe needs a holiday and she's needed one for a very long time, perhaps once Somerset's had it's big celebration I'll deal with it, there's a reason my adopted daughter has Euphemia's phone number after all."