Author Topic: Smoothing The Terrain  (Read 2076 times)

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Smoothing The Terrain
« on: April 07, 2019, 07:53:20 AM »

An Encrypted Reply To King Piripi

Your Highness,

I shall not apologize for the actions I have taken, nor those of the First Empire, as the words are neither appropriate nor do I imagine they would be well received. The fact of the matter is I recognize I was not fully fit for the duties of the Crown at that time and, in recognizing that, I failed not only my People but imparted to you and your People a great disrespect and disservice. I shall not bore you with stories nor any words further than those necessary to convey the fact that I failed, it was undeserved to you and your People, and I shall try to do better in the future.

Our views differ on several matters, and whereas my notion to grant an audience to the Emperor of Tamora was made I made not one overture to you, a fellow Ardian, and took not even a moment to consider the full gravity of the situation, the implications for you and your People on the matters of these executions; I am ignorant on these matters and did not offer even an ear, only words laced with venom and malice. This too was unwise, if any should have been granted the overture extended to the Emperor of Tamora, I would have done better to look closer to home.

There are many issues I would wish to seek to make right, and shall leave it to your best judgement whether I am worthy of your time in such a pursuit. For what it is worth, however, I know you act only in the best interests of your People and it is not my place to condemn you in that pursuit. Perhaps I hope that my apology shall be made through actions, not words, as I noted above. In either case, I shall await your reply.

Respectfully;

Empress of Rokkenjima
Princess of Littlebrook

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline BenOfTheIwi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Commonwealth of the Unified Iwi
Re: Smoothing The Terrain
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2019, 12:13:19 AM »

To:- Beatrice of the Rokkenjima Iwi

A meeting at present between our two nations is not possible. Following t he insult towards our Pōwhiri[1] and your harbouring of a criminal it would be breaking Tapu[2] if I was to visit Rokkenjima. Meanwhile as Rokkenjima currently have a travel advisory on our nation and the result of the last meeting I would find it impossible to invite you to our Commonwealth.

While I appreciate your attempts to make right I can not at this time have the two of us meet in our lands for fear of losing further Tapu and further embarrassing my people. I hope that a time may come or situation be found that would allow this to take place and should you have a suggestion then I am more than happy to consider it.

Best Regards

King Piripi not of the Ngāpuhi but of the Iwi

1. Greeting ceremony
 2. a process of reducing someones spiritual power