Author Topic: A New Guest For Royal Selucid (Jugland & RS)  (Read 1729 times)

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Mktvartvelo (primary nation)
A New Guest For Royal Selucid (Jugland & RS)
« on: June 26, 2021, 12:13:24 AM »
The first impression leaves a permanent imprint, or so they say. It will be the first official meeting for Konstantin Wahlroos since he was appointed ambassador to Jugland, besides his protocolary reception. He had barely time accustom and adapt to his new country of residence, although he had meticulously prepared for his new role and the mission that the Department of Foreign Affairs had trusted him. Although there were not too high expectations about the results of the meeting in Midtenstadt, Konstantin hoped that the meeting will achieve to prepare the foundations of better relations with the country of his new destination, as well as giving him chance of a more constructive relation in the next months in his new role as ambassador.

For first and last time, he would not be alone, as he would be accompanied with the man he had replaced, former ambassador Aatos Revell-Borgen. For Aatos, his relatively short stay in Royal Selucid was both a blemish and a relief. At first, he had felt his last role was more a punishment than a chance, both soon he recognized both the importance and the difficulty of such task. He also felt that a last impression would be an unavoidable requirement to pay past and unfortunate deeds, although in his more toward home than to his former hosts.

"I don't think it will take us a long time", Aatos Revell-Borgen told Wahlroos.

"Did you directly tell them that you were coming as representative of our mission and not in your previous role in the embassy?", asked Hilda Skolem, the third Juglander envoy for the meeting.

"Indeed", Aatos replied, "I did, it would have been awkward otherwise, I guess. Although here, everything can be different".

"Alright", Hilda replied, without paying too much attention to his last words.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 04:14:55 PM by paralipomena »

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
Re: A New Guest For Royal Selucid (Jugland & RS)
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2021, 09:01:03 PM »

The Seleucid city of Marvar sat on the shores of the only lake of note in the nation. It was also home to the Lake Palace, which was unsurprisingly based on its name located in the middle of the lake on an artificial island that was now several hundred years old. With the oppresive summer coming King Heydar had moved the Soter's to the Lake Palace. It was a strange place to come though in some ways as Heydar was the only member of the family who knew the truth about what had happened here, his brother Hadi, his wife and children had been gunned down by Heydar's military friends and thus making Heydar the undisputed King of Royal Seleucid. It perhaps spoke more of Heydar than anything the fact that he had no issues being here and spending quality time with his newborn children and Prince Golzar. Over the couple of days Heydar had spent the days canoeing with his eldest son and heir out on the lake between meetings with his Ministers and various government actions.

Today the Palace had been given an extra touch of care by the staff as they were expecting visitors. The instructions for the guests had been pretty straight forward, the Juglander's had been meet at the airport in Ipsus and taken first for a lesuirely breakfast at the Blue Project. A plane landed in the calm sea and they were rowed out and helped aboard before taking the hour long flight North across the desert. The plane touched down on the lake and a motor launch picked them up and took them to the Palace's private quay. "Good morning" Heydar greeted the guests flanked by his wives Cyrssa and Haniyah. Heydar first shook hands with Konstatntin as he was the only Juglander he knew and even that had been a rather brief occasion. "I do hope your settling in and finding some time to explore Ipsus." Heydar then recognised Aatos, "And welcome back to Royal Seleucid." he shook the mans hand and lead them to a terreace on the roof which overlooked the lake the palace was built into. Cyrssa and Haniyah busied themselves pouring minted apple tea for the guests and offering some small sweet pastries before sitting alongside their husband as he stirred a sugar lump into his tea.

"So gentleman while its nice to have guests here at the Palace, and you are always welcome, it is rather a surprise you requested this meeting. Perhaps therefore you'd like to tell us the reason you requested it?" Heydar sat back and sipped the tea while he waited.

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2021, 11:00:29 PM »

"Of course, Your Majesty", Konstantin replied, "it has been a pleasure so far, as far as my duties allowed me so".

"Thanks, Your Majesty", Aatos replied as well.

"Obviously, there is no an unique reason for this meeting", Konstantin answered, once they were comfortable enough. "As a nation that has just left behind a turbulent decade, we are trying to reassess our  position in Mundus, after a time we were forced to focus in some immediate priorities, while neglecting other issues in our initiatives abroad. Now, it is being a time to build new bridges with other nations, to open doors to future initiatives. At obviously, looking for partners and break barriers, in case your government would be interested in common cooperation and explore other markets".

"However", he continued, "there is no reason to deny that we also wish to build a more constructive relation with your government, as we have found some lack of communication, even obstacles which may be produced by misunderstanding, in one key issue affecting the security of our nation. But before that we enter in details, of course, we would be curious, and certainly interested, to hear your view about all I try to convey".

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2021, 09:48:46 PM »
Heydar was a little puzzled, out of all the nations on Mundus Jugland could have approached it was his, they shared no real geographical closeness and they also shared little if any historical connection. The King though wasn't about to let those things worry him, he was someone who was as keen to open up to the wider world of Mundus as it seemed his guests were. "Well I am flattered that out of all the places you could have been visiting your picked here. We are no strangers to having to rebuild an international standing. Between my late fathers inability to manage the tensions in the North between the Cultist community and disloyal military officers we witnessed a genocide many still hold over us, then of course the fact that we work closely with our cousins in Tamora have tarred us. Add to that the Maori dragging on hatred that dates back long before I was even born then we've found many nations not giving us a fair crack of the whip so to speak. I've been doing my best to try and change parts of our nation, our economy is becoming less dependent on oil and precious metals. We're diversifying. Perhaps that is somewhere we can look at beginning, how can our nations support each others economic ambitions?"

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2021, 12:30:35 AM »

"Obviously, Your Majesty, we encourage any investment in our country that may strengthen our economy and create jobs, while increasing your exports", Hilda Skolem, who had remained mostly silent so far, intervened. "Our government may even, eventually, consider reducing some tariffs for some products or sectors, in case your government was interested to discuss that point. But let me continue in the second most important topic of this meeting, from our perspective".

"Diversifying your economy will be certainly a wise decision", she continued. "From a completely different perspective, we have been trying to do something similar. Unfortunately, domestic affairs forced us to increase our reliance on coal in the last decade, which is not ideal. We have been trying to expand our energy sector, investing in cleaner energies, and more recently, expanding the nuclear energy as a source of energy. As you may understand, this will be still a longer road than we wish of course. For good or for bad, we are dependent on other nations for other sources of energy, such as oil and gas, for our national consumption. In the meantime, and while we try to increase our research and production in some of the energy sources I mentioned before...we hope to assure our supply, in a formal and more stable way, of those two sources our energy that our economy still requires. Maybe increasing exports from your nation may be helpful at that regard".

"That's right", Konstantin added.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2021, 02:02:16 PM »
"I think some tariffs that assist each other will be rather beneficial. For example I am aware that Jugland has rather a lot of businesses connected with the automobile industry, as things currently stand there is a global shift towards electric vehicles, to my knowledge Royal Seleucid and Tamora share a facility that is possibly the largest gigafactory in the world. Utilising metals found in our deserts and those in Waddan we've been able to churn out vast numbers of electric rechargeable batteries. I think it would perhaps make sense for example if Jugland lowered or removed tarrifs on these. As such companies such as AABL Corporation will be able to keep their production costs down, meanwhile in return we would lower or remove tariffs on cars, this is an industry we lack in a significant way here is Royal Seleucid. We get access to state of the art well made cars, those cars get access to quality green resources. This is the type of deal that I see working brilliantly between our nations. It may also help you in the long term as we ramp up different types of green energy products, in the short term as you suggest we already have a significant oil reserve, we're using less now ourselves and so we could easily find ways of supplying Jugland, should that be what we're looking at. So the questions therefore are what are your views on complimentary tariff reductions and what do you see happening in terms of an arrangement for oil?"

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2021, 11:20:49 PM »

"That's certainly an interesting proposal, Your Majesty", Hilda replied. "I can see such deal working between our nations. Coming back to the issue of energy, our government predicts that our economy will experience a constant and considerable growth during the next decade, and along that growth, our economy is likely to demand a similar increase of consumption of energy. While we hope that in the long-term we may be able to produce part of the energy through our domestic sector, it could be that could take us longer than we wish. It is not, obviously, that we could expect that your country could be one of the top providers of that source of energy, but we hope that maybe your country could be at least in the meantime to provide some of that needed increase in fuel our economy. We hope that it could be possible to agree to establish some contracts to assure that required supply. We may not be talking about a huge amount, but we hope that it is a constant enough source at least. If it was required, Juglander companies could be directly involved in the transportation, and probably these companies could be interested in help you with the development of alternative sources of energy in your country, if you required it and you were interested".

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2021, 09:46:34 PM »
Heydar was pleased. A concern of his was that one day as he turned Seleucid towards greater use of non-fossil fuels it would make a hole in the economy of the nation. It was therefore important to find ways of filling that gap. "What I propose therefore is the following." Heydar handed his guests a tablet computer he'd written a few ideas on.

"The nations of Jugland and Royal Seleucid hereby agree to a trade agreement. As part of this agreement Jugland agree to remove all tariffs on rechargeable batteries manufactured in Royal Seleucid along with all fossil fuels and petroleum based products. In return Royal Seleucid agree to remove all tariffs on automobiles manufactured entirely within Jugland. "

Heydar gave them time to read the proposal. "Now should you be willing to suggest partnerships with alternative energy production then I am open to your suggestion."

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2021, 10:55:42 PM »

"I am certainly convinced that there are Juglander companies that would be interested to assist you in that field", Hilda replied. "We are willing to put your government in contact with those companies, and even coordinate those efforts in case that was needed".

"Is there anything you would like to ask, suggest, or propose before we discuss the next topic of the day, Your Majesty?", Hilda added.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2021, 10:01:35 PM »
With it seeming that the first agreement was in the bank, so to speak, Heydar stood and via gesture invited Hilda to follow him. They walked across the roof of the Palace which was set up like a terraced garden. They headed to the opposite side of the Palace where they had a view to shore. A gently sloping hill rose into the distance, the heat haze making it hard to see much beyond the lakes edges clearly. "I'm not sure if you'll be able to see it" Heydar himself was struggling to spot the object of his attention but a few flickers in the distance helped. He pointed ahead, "if you follow that rocky strip of land down you'll see a kind of grey rectangle." Next to it there was a flash every now and again like sun hitting glass in the distance, "That is a solar energy field, we've several of them tucked away in the desert areas, we're rather good at solar energy, the problem is that even though we have brilliant days of sunshine like today we also have lots of cloudy days up in the hills around the desert. So we'd be interested in alternatives to solar. Is there anything you can offer in those regards" he asked as he watched his son Prince Golzar on the lower levels sat with a fishing rod merrily oblivious of the diplomacy taking place above him.

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2021, 08:37:47 PM »

"Ah, I see", Hilda replied, "interesting. I understand that concern, it's only natural".

"There are Juglander companies that work with other renewable sources of energy, such as hydroelectril and wind power energy. The number of such plants have increased in our country in recent times. If your government would consider them, I am sure our two largest energy companies could be helpful".

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2021, 07:35:58 PM »
"We've various rivers in the south of the nation, we've lots of space over in the deserts potentially for wind power, we'd also be open to any suggestions you may have after all this is your field probably more than mine." Heydar explained.

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2021, 04:15:07 PM »

"Obviously", Hilda replied, "these kind of projects may take some time to take off, as you may understand. But I can organize a meeting here with representatives of two of the leading Juglander companies with experience in these energy projects as soon as next week. Our government will be willing to help with any mediation and logistical assistance that may be required".