Author Topic: Peerage Act (2013)  (Read 3603 times)

Offline CGJ

• Vice Chancellor
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Dartfordia
Peerage Act (2013)
« on: September 01, 2017, 10:51:18 PM »
[size=18]The Peerage Act (2013)[/size]

An act to create a peerage system.

Short Title

(1) This act may be referred to as The Peerage Act (2013).

Establishment

(2) The Peerage of the Independent Order is hereby established.

Ranks

(3) The ranks of the Peerage shall be the following, in descending order of precedence: Marquess/Marchioness, Count/Countess, Baron/Baroness.

Forms of Address

(4) A Marquess/Marchioness shall be properly addressed as "My Lord/Lady", and in written correspondence as "The Right Honorable Marquess/Marchioness (name)"

(5) A Count/Countess shall be properly addressed as "My Lord/Lady", and in written correspondence as "The Right Honorable Count/Countess (name)"

(6) A Baron/Baroness shall be properly addressed as "My Lord/Lady", and in written correspondence as "The Right Honorable Baron/Baroness (name)"

Ennoblement

(7) The awarding of any and all peerages shall be at the discretion of the Grand Chancellor.

Removal

(8) Any peer may be stripped of their rank and title, or be demoted, by the Grand Chancellor, with the consent of a majority of Peers of the Independent Order.

(9) Any peer shall be stripped of their rank and title if they fails to log into the forums for two weeks.

(10) The exception to the above shall be announced leaves of absence of no more than one month. Peers on announced leaves of absence shall not figure into the calculations for a majority as stated in section (8) of this act.

Order of Chivalry

(11) The Grand Chancellor is authorized to create and maintain orders of chivalry. All appointments to any order of chivalry, and removals from the same, shall be at the discretion of the Grand Chancellor.
The Most Honourable Marquess CGJ
Vice Chancellor

Dartfordia: TIOwiki - Politics - Flags - Armed Forces