Author Topic: Our corner of Albion  (Read 333 times)

Offline GiseleAstra

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Tanith
Our corner of Albion
« on: April 14, 2024, 09:08:40 PM »

To - Emperor Lucius III of Eboracum, Empress Serena of Aosta, Emperor and Queen Natalya of Lodja

I would like to invite you all to a four nation conference in Tanith Magna. The four of us share very close border in South-East Albion and I believe that we could all benefit from a range of mutually beneficial agreements. I hope that each of you will attend the meeting with ideas for closer co-operation. Tanith for one would like to expand the Lodja-Aosta high speed rail network further South and if successful explore talks with Holmvik or Weissenwald to begin exploring links heading South to North. It is my hope that we can also discuss matters of significance to each of you.

I am hopeful of your acceptance.

Best Regards

Regent Prince Maximus Astralix

Offline Aosta

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Aosta2
Re: Our corner of Albion
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2024, 01:15:04 PM »
To:- Prince Maximus

I think your suggestion of our little corner of Albion meeting is an excellent idea and I would be delighted to visit Tanith Magna. It is a city I have yet had the pleasure of visiting and I am hopeful our fellow leaders will join us for what could be a highly fruitful discussion.

Best Wishes

Empress Serena.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2024, 12:02:07 PM »

There already exists strong partnerships between many of our nations within this part of Albion. I therefore think that this meeting would be a fantastic way of ensuring these relationships are further improved meaning that all of us can benefit. I am excited to come and take part in this meeting and hopeful of a positive outcome

Queen Natalya of Lodja

Offline Eboracum

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2024, 08:33:09 PM »

Dear Prince Maximus

I am excited by your proposition and I'd be delighted to meet with you. I believe that it is far too long since our nations have meet and now we have a great oppurtunity to do great things and solidify our region of the world at a time when in other parts of Albion we see problems. I hope that perhaps we can also add this current issue to the agenda you have suggested.

Emperor Lucius III

Offline GiseleAstra

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Tanith
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2024, 10:16:03 PM »
Prince Maximus Astralix looked over the table that was set up for the conference. It sat in the Baron's Chamber, a room that in truth had little to do with the nobility. It was simply a room in the Palace attached to the main throne room, which in truth was more of a large function space nowdays, that in days past someone waiting to be enobled could wait with their retinue. Some of those retinue's in the distant past were large and so the room would be more than sufficent for their needs. It had no windows as it sat in the middle of the Palace but a large domed skylight made it feel airy. The walls were made of white plaster with columns holding up the roof more for decoration than purpose. The room itself was perfectly square as was the table which had been set up, "No head of the table, no foot of the table" Romilius, the Palace's head of staff, informed him. "I believe it will be the best form of symbolism for what you are trying to achieve. Each delegation we've given three chairs at the table but they can fit up to five people if they want, the tiny Lodjain ladies maybe seven." He chuckled. "We've then given each delegation a table behind that has many more seats." He pointed to the electronic tablet in each delegations place. "We've sent word to their aides that the tablet will allow them to summon drinks, food and anything else we think they may need." He picked one up and tapping on the screen it was not to disimilar to the tablets used by the staff at various restaurants. "We've a nice Abertonian red, a local white, whiskey from the Cenneg and a host of the other good stuff."

"Very good Romilius" the Prince said as he returned the tablet to its place stepped back and not satisfied returned to the table and straightened it. "Who are the guard of the day?" He asked.

Without needing to consult his notes the ever efficient Romilius said "The Iron Guard Sir"

"Well its not as good as the Vostroyan but they look pretty enough" the Prince was ever prideful in his old unit and even though he believed they were better troops he had to admit the Iron Guards dark blue and yellow trimmed dress uniform was the nicest of the two uniforms. He walked through the Palace casting an eye over the staff who were hurriedly preparing final touches for the meeting. He made his way outside as he was told that his guests were beginning to arrive. The handful of tourists who had got up early enough to see the Palace this morning were moved out the way of the gate by members of the Navis Imperialis who were manning the outer guard today and thus not in dress uniform. The khaki clad naval men politely but sternly gave instructions to those slow to move and one old lady found her shopping bag picked up by a small naval rating who offered a supporting arm to help her cross the road. He tipped his hat to her as he rejoined his friends guarding the entrance with rifles easily held should any action begin.

The first of the mini-covoys entered the palace. It was a duo of black limo's with a green military patrol vehicle at the front and one at the back with motorbike outriders at the flank. Tanith was nothing if not overefficient at utilising its military. The next would arrive in two minutes and the Prince knew that would be almost to the second and so as the Iron Guard formed an honour tunnel to welcome the first guest Maximus moved into position. "Welcome to Tanith" He said warmly.