Author Topic: Assembly of Ardia - Admission Debate Daito  (Read 1606 times)

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Agira Latina
Assembly of Ardia - Admission Debate Daito
« on: February 09, 2023, 09:07:10 PM »

Following the issues raised by Heyra and Rokkenjima on the admission of The Empire of Daitō. I believe that we must follow through with Article 8 of the Charter for the Assembly.

Quote from: Article 8
Section 8 - Membership

1. Any nation with territory on the continent of Ardia may apply for membership so long as they are willing to accept all aspects of the charter in full.

2. Upon receipt of a written application any member may oppose membership of the applicant.

3. Should opposition be registered both parties will be invited to make a presentation to the Assembly. The opposing party must make their presentation first allowing the applicant to address concerns. There shall then be a debate which the applicant is permitted to participate in. A vote will then be taken with a majority decision being required for membership.

As such I am inviting the three nations to make their cases. In terms of organising this process, I believe for the first time in the organisations history, I would invite a representative for Heyra and then Rokkenjima to present a speech, not longer than 10 minutes to outline their reasons for rejecting the application of Daito. Once both nations have presented their case then of course it will be open for a representative of Daito to make a counter agruement. The floor should then be opened to other members to voice their opinions and ask questions. Once this process has reached its end then a vote should be taken to determine Daito's membership of the organisation.

In order to be transparant currently the Six Dukedoms of Bakkermaya intend to vote to admit Daito. We believe that they are an important part of the framework of Ardia's geopolitical network and while we believe Daito has sometimes clashed with their continental neighbours none of those matters at hand are based on our continent. We however will allow the presentations to convince us in either direction.

Grand Duke Hugo Lascelles

OOC- We need a procedure, I figure this works. So if Nova or Beatrice want to post their arguement then we can kick start this. 
« Last Edit: February 09, 2023, 09:28:15 PM by RobertAgira »

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
  • Boldly staying where everyone has gone before
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Empire of DaitoTIO
Re: Assembly of Ardia - Admission Debate Daito
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2023, 12:35:43 AM »

Your Highness, Hugo Lascelles, Grand Duke of Bakkermaya,
   On the behalf of the Government of the Empire of His Imperial Majesty, I will gladly accept the decision made by the Assembly of Ardia regarding the application of the Empire of Daitō. I recognize that some within the Assembly, whom, for the sake of saving your precious time, shall not be mentioned here, have taken issue with the speech I made at the convocation of the 350th session of the Imperial Diet on the 7th of February, 2023. As they have sought to block the Empire's application, and in keeping with the protocols necessary to ensure a nation's accession to this most respected of bodies, I am prepared to send a delegation led by Tadakatsu Haruno, the Minister of Foreign Affairs, in order to make the Empire's case for joining the Assembly of Ardia. If there is anything else that may be required, we are prepared to discuss it in further detail at a later time.
Signed,
Sadazane Konishi, Prime Minister of the Empire of Daitō

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2023, 11:15:51 PM »

Assembly partners,

While I am certain you were expecting a representative of the First Empire to join you regarding the matter of the Empire of Daitō joining the Ardian Assembly that shall not be happening. Premier Ofdensen has circumvented the normal policies regarding Rokkenjiman foreign affairs, which stem first from the Throne and the Vicegerent. As neither of us were consulted on the actions of the Premier prior to the release of his letter regarding the Rokkenjiman position on our acceptance of a Daitōjian bid, I ask that this body strikes Rokkenjima from these proceedings as a party adversarial to Daitō joining the Ardian Assembly.

The First Empire does not hold any objections to Daitō joining the Assembly and, indeed, is impressed by the will of our neighbours in speaking out against the practices of Heyra as demonstrated in Elysium. If anything it is the position of the First Empire that an investigation of this Assembly should be taking place to ensure Heyran compliance with all Resolutions of the Assembly, especially those dealing with slavery and indentured servitude. I apologize that the Premier spoke outside of his depth. I assure you that Pyrena Castle will be taking internal measures to rectify the gross incompetence demonstrated by the Premier.

Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
  • Boldly staying where everyone has gone before
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Empire of DaitoTIO
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2023, 02:58:38 AM »

Honored Assembly Members, I would like to begin by thanking the Heyran Diplomatic Corps for responding to this quorum in a manner which, in our view, demonstrates considerable grace on their part and brings honor not only to their nation, but to this Assembly as well. That being said, there is much which must be discussed, so rather than engaging in further pageantry, which would waste the time of this assembly, I will instead respond to the concerns levied by the Republic of Heyra.

First and foremost, with regards to the statement made by His Excellency, Prime Minister Konishi, I would like to clarify that he does not necessarily speak on the behalf of the Imperial Daitōjin Government, but rather speaks based upon his own personal concerns with regards to the status of financial transactions going on in Elysium. As we are well aware, the Heyran financial system is, by design, opaque, thus providing an incentive for foreign companies to incorporate subsidiaries within the Republic. This, on its own, is not an issue. However, as we have seen since Elysium was founded, a number of Tamoran companies, companies which, per the resolution passed in 2019, it should not be permitted to be engaged with, have been able to incorporate subsidiaries within the settlement. While we acknowledge the resolution passed in October of 2020 as being legally binding, and we laud Bakkermaya for sending observers to Elysium in the first place, these concerns felt by the Prime Minister, while not necessarily the view of the government as a whole, are nonetheless ones which I have seen and heard voiced by many members of both the Daitōjin Diplomatic Corps and by the members of the Imperial Diet.

With regards to the other point made by the Heyran representative, that being the accusation that the Prime Minister of the Empire of Daitō, by merely voicing his concerns over the status of Elysium and the transactions that occur therein, has somehow insulted this most honorable institution, we believe the Heyran government, unfortunately, to be mistaken. His Excellency, being a strong proponent of the Pan-Ardian ideal which this assembly represents, has never and would never call into question the integrity of the Assembly of Ardia. But even so, we are willing to accept that the Heyrans feel slighted, as the Prime Minister has, in effect, called into question their integrity, not this institution's, for which we are willing to apologize. However, we do believe, though owing to the nature of the Heyran financial system it may be difficult, that clarification should be made regarding the subsidiaries of Tamoran companies operating from Elysium.

On the behalf of the Empire of Daitō, I would once again like to thank the Heyran Diplomatic Corps for presenting their arguments, as I would like to thank everyone here for attending. If there are any other issues which may need to be addressed, I am willing to answer with regards to that, however, until then, I yield the floor.

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Agira Latina
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2023, 02:18:38 PM »
Consider this seconded and moved to here