Author Topic: Ostlake Movie Awards 2022  (Read 2098 times)

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
Ostlake Movie Awards 2022
« on: January 30, 2022, 09:57:12 PM »
THE OSTLAKE FILM FESTIVAL AWARDS 2022

The Ostlake Film Awards now mark the 6th year of international involvement. 

As with last year nominations will be open until the 19 th of February at which point voting will begin with the winner announced on the 28th in a glittering award ceremony hosted in Ostlake.

We look forward to welcoming you all soon

Daisy Greechan
Hostess of the "Ossies" 2022

OOC - OK This is how it works there are various categories that people can enter with rules for each. You fill in your form, post your nominations and then a poll will be created to determine the winner of each category. Try and keep your nominations culturally relevant, so for example I wouldn't expect Nya Aland to be nominating a Bollywood film or soundtrack. I may have also missed some past nominations where people have claimed things. Also don't think about claiming whole studios.

BEST INTERNATIONAL FILM

You can nominate any film from the last 10 years or one you have created yourself (but not like Fast & Furious 72 or Titanic 2:Return of Jack) .It can be in any language, genre etc. You may not claim whole movie studios but you may claim a single franchise, so in the past I believe Dartfordia had one of the Harry Potter films meaning the whole Harry Potter franchise is Dartfordian, this however doesn't mean they own the whole of Warner Brother. In terms of cross over stuff like Marvel by claiming say Iron Man, you don't then get the whole Marvel world, I'd personally stick clear of such "Universe" films.

Each nation may nominate two films using the form below, please check what was claimed last year (if the person nominating has since left I'm freeing up the stuff they claimed), also if in terms of news posts someone has claimed a film that someone nominates could they please POLITELY tell them and post a link to where. I've also updated the "What's Gone" list and removed those who have left. Thank you.

What's Gone

Achkaerin - Avengers
Achkaerin - LaLa Land
Achkaerin - Hunger Games
Achkaerin - Star Trek
Achkaerin - James Bond
Achkaerin - X-Men
Achkaerin - Peter Pan and therefore also Tinkerbell
Achkaerin - Lord of The Rings and therefore also The Hobbit
Achkaerin - Pokemon
Achkaerin - The Matrix
Dartfordia -Frozen
Dartfordia - Harry Potter
East Moreland - Star Wars I inadvertently claimed it here however I think, but have not been able to find otherwise that someone pre-dates that claim, if someone can find it I'll relinquish the claim otherwise WOOHOO!!!
A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood - Tytor
Little Women - Tytor
The Truman Show - Tytor
Gravity - Tytor
The Incredibles - Tytor
Zootopia - Tytor
Hotel Rwanda (as "Hotel Ubakasa") - Tytor
The Lego Movie - Tytor
How to Train Your Dragon - Tytor
Au revoir là-haut - Heyra

If I've missed any someone let me know

Name of Film
Genre
Nation
Brief Outline
Link to the trailer

In terms of trailers please use legal ones.

BEST INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM

Time to randomly watch YouTube Stuff. You may nominate any Short Film (classed as less than 7 minutes), by that I mean the whole film, it can't be a kickass six minute section from a longer film. It must be legally viewable on YouTube.

You may nominate up to three films. I'm also aware we have a few YouTube video makers in the region and there would be no barrier to you nominating your own stuff or making something for this, in fact in my opinion I'd be voting for you for sure.

Name of Film
Genre
Nation
Brief Outline
Link to the trailer

BEST INTERNATIONAL SONG FEATURED IN A MOTION PICTURE

Basically you may nominate one song from a motion picture. It can even be from a film claimed by another nation because I mean in RL you get people from outside America doing stuff for Disney, what I will say however is if the artists has already been claimed then its off limits and I'll rely on people POLITELY pointing it out. So for example if The Who had done a song for say James Bond as I've claimed The Who no one other than me could use them. I hope that makes sense. Usual rules about posting YouTube applies. Instrumentals are permitted

Name of Artist
Nation Nominating
Song
From the Film
YouTube link

BEST INTERNATIONAL DOCUMENTARY

Essentially it could be anything from a historical documentary to a science talk. If it's factual, cool or interesting then it can be entered. Only two rules 1) No longer than 15 minutes 2) Must not break YouTube terms and conditions.

Name of Documentary
Nation Nominating
Topic Covered
From the Film
YouTube link

BEST ANIMATED SHORT

Can be any type of animation but may not last longer than 5mins.

Name of Animated Short
Nation Nominating
YouTube link

Offline Tytor

• Regional Power
  • All the world's a stage...
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Tytor
Re: Ostlake Movie Awards 2022
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2022, 03:24:18 AM »
For Best International Film

Name of Film: Free Guy
Genre: Action/Comedy/Science Fiction
Nation: Tytor
Brief Outline: "A mild-mannered bank teller named Guy learns he's really a background character in an open-world video game.  Every day, Guy is under assault by players and objects within the game, where he's robbed, hit by cars, and otherwise mistreated as a 'non-player character' (NPC).  To make matters worse, the game's owner has decided to end the game.  Teaming with a woman who's both a human and a character in the game, Guy decides to become the hero of his own story.  Now, in a world where there are no limits, he is determined to be the guy who saves his world his way before it's too late."
Trailer: Linky

Name of Film: Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle
Genre: Fantasy/Adventure/Comedy
Brief Outline: "When four high schoolers power up an old video game console, they suddenly find themselves transported into the jungle world of Jumanji as their four avatars."
Trailer: Linky

For Best International Animated Short

Name of Short: Dinosaurs: The True Story
Genre: Science Fiction
Link: Linky

(OOC Note: The difference in the length of the two film outlines is due entirely to the fact that I "borrowed" them from the films' current streaming locations.  As it happens, Disney+ does a far better job summarizing films than Hulu.)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 08:32:43 PM by DaveIronside »
His Majesty Michael the First, by the Grace of God, King of Tytor and her Colonies, and Lord Protector of Floodwater

Factbook -- News -- Press Office

Former Governor-General of The Infinite Alliance
Former Ambassador to Albion and the Global Right Alliance
Former Vice Premier and Speaker of the Senate of the Independent Order
Professional Procrastinator

Non-partisan and proud of it

"A witty saying proves nothing." - Voltaire

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2022, 08:55:44 PM »
Best International Film

Name of Film: Trixy Holmes
Genre: Drama/Mystery
Nation: Achkaerin
Brief Outline: Bringing the world of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's legendary detective Sherlock Holmes to the big screen for a new generation, as an elderly and frail Holmes (Michael Hendry) squares up against his old nemesis Moriarty for what he is determined will be the final time he and his long time friend and assistant Dr Watson (Kay Fox) are startled by a surprise visitor to 221B Baker Street - Trixy Holmes (Rachel Kilkenny), the granddaughter Sherlock never knew he had and when she begins to assist in the investigation Holmes, whose health continues to fail, races to teach her his "art of deduction." before his time is up.

Name of Film: Livy Knight and the Curse Breaker Club (OOC - I have had C's permission to do this for about 3 years, so it's finally happening)
Genre: Fantasy/Drama
Brief Outline: Meet Livy Knight, an eleven year old whose parents run a pub, just an ordinary girl or so she thinks until her world is turned upside down by a letter inviting her to the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, here she'll make friends, here she'll discover the wonder of magic and when a symbol associated to Klingsor appears and curses the school Livy finds herself at the centre of a mystery the full extent of which seems unknown - can she and her new friends break this curse and find out who cast it?

Best International Short Film

Name of Film: One Day
Genre: Animation
Brief Outline: One Day' is a combination of a short film based on a boy and his escape from slavery. This film was made by students of Midvale High School and won the National Achkaerin High School Award for Film Animation
Link to the trailer: Link

Name of Film: Percival
Genre: Fantasy
Brief Outline: Before the Green Knight there was Percival - An Arthurian short film made entirely in Virtual Production, this short film, a technology first, follows the Arthurian knight Percival on a small quest inspired by Arthurian legend.

Name of Film: A Fox and A Mouse
Genre: Animation
Brief Outline: A lonesome fox hunts a mouse - and their relationship evolves as two owls begin to interfere with the hunt!

Best International Song Featured In A Motion Picture

Name of Artist: Rianne Downey
Nation Nominating: Achkaerin
Song: Sunshine on Leith
From the Film: Trixy Holmes (OOC - From the film Sunshine on Leith)
YouTube link: Link

Best International Documentary

Name of Documentary: Pole to Pole: Cycling Not As We Know It
Topic Covered: Pole to Pole: Cycling Not as We Know It is a video diary styled documentary[1] following the journey of four Achkaerinese women as they attempt to cycle on land and sea from the south pole in Hygelac to the north pole in Hrothgaer. The team consists of Sammy Lawson, the renowned cyclist who has more Mundus Games medals to her name than any other athlete, Melanie Parker a team mate of Lawson, Molly Cooper a two time individual and team triathlon gold medalist at the Mundus Games and Bridget Portman a sergeant in the Achkaerinese army and a medic. They're backed up by a support team led by Eleanor Hendry, a multiple record holding sailor.
Link: Link

Best International Animated Short

Name of Animated Short: Take Me Home
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 08:33:12 PM by DaveIronside »

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Mktvartvelo (primary nation)
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2022, 07:57:14 PM »
BEST INTERNATIONAL FILM

Name of Film: "Man Standing Next"
Genre: Political thriller
Nation: Djabidjan
Brief Outline: General Park Jung-sik, as Minister of Defense from 1966 to 1971, and President of the National Council from 1968 until his death in 1976, became the highest-ranking political official of the Social Republic of Djabidjan in the late 1960s. After Prime Minister Nguyen Van Huynh is dismissed, Park's authoritarian personal rule is consolidated in the already military-led Social Republic. In the midst of a reign of fear, incresing economic decline and social turmoil, a former intelligence director goes into exile, opening the truth about the regime's obscure and illegal operations. As tensions escalates, stifing political maneuvers by those desiring power collide explosively.

Name of Film: "The Guardian"
Genre: Horror / Thriller
Nation: Djabidjan
Brief Outline: Ly is a backup singer for a successful Djabidjani singer, who is going to sing as opening act in Cool Rokkenjima concert in Jangju. That night, her friend will gave her a mysterious doll as a present. Since then, events will unravel, forcing Ly to make an unprecedented and fateful decision.

BEST INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM

Name of Film: "Afraid"
Genre: Horror
Nation: Mktvartvelo
Brief Outline:

BEST INTERNATIONAL SONG FEATURED IN A MOTION PICTURE

Name of Artist: Kim Lee
Nation Nominating: Djabidjan
Song: "We Walked This Road Together"
From the Film: Hyeoul Express
YouTube link: Link | Alternative link

BEST ANIMATED SHORT

Name of Animated Short: "Wakan: The Light Creatures"
Nation Nominating: Mktvartvelo
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 08:33:43 PM by DaveIronside »

Offline Geo

• Regional Power
  • Scratch a Liberal...
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Ni
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2022, 05:36:24 PM »
Best International Film

Name of Film: "The Death of Stalin"
Genre: Historical Political Satirical Comedy
Nation: Nis
Brief Outline: After being in power for decades, Soviet dictator Joseph Stalin takes ill and quickly dies. Now the members of the Council of Ministers scramble for power.
Link to trailer: Linkle
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 08:04:41 PM by DaveIronside »

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Paracambi
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2022, 08:39:37 PM »
Name of Film - Cool Runnings
Genre - Sporting Comedy
Nation - Paracambi
Brief Outline

Just months before the Summer Games three outstanding Paracambian athletes see themselves fail to qualify. Desperate for sporting greatness one of them leads a seemingly impossible attempt to qualify for the Winter Games, despite none of them having ever seen snow. Recruiting sprinters from across the Empire a team is formed and unorthadox training takes place before the team qualify against all odds. As misfits from a tropical paradise they begin as outsiders to the Games family but soon their pride in their nation and heritage see them win friends and respect. Based on the true story of the first Paracambian Winter Games athletes the feel good tale recreates the prejudice they faced and their heroic journey.

Link to the trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BqngFzt-cU

Name of Artist :- Jimmy Cliff
Nation Nominating:- Paracambi
Song - I Can See Clearly Now
From the Film - Cool Runnings
YouTube link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=730mv8cVsCM&list=PLJK04Gk9vAyLiukTTJrGHtVrCSs0VmEb7&index=3