« Last Edit: April 10, 2023, 04:14:07 PM by Nova »

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
Re: Ardia nuclear godmod
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2022, 10:27:09 AM »
As someone with no actual skin in this fight or role to play in sorting it.

It was agreed years ago that the War ended by Achkaerin dropping a nuke on the ASA. That was about as far as we got. That therefore really can't be changed. What I think many have the issue with is this. If the ASA were in a position to be planning the nuke Gowu and kill millions they must have been pretty advanced in their planning, especially if it got to Achkaerin intelligence. If Achkaerin therefore drop the nuke on Whitehaven and kill just a few thousand then the ASA have just seen exactly what a nuke can do and so would I think go through with nuking Gowu. For me the death toll needs to be in Hiroshima type numbers for this to be even remotely.

We then have the issue of the backstory of a Princess getting word out to her nations enemies and that including details of the bombs that allow Achkaerin to catch up and overtake ASA to building the bomb. This whole thing needs tightening up as to me and several others it doesn't make sense.

For me a better plan would be one that more closely mirrors actual WW2. I've said it for months (maybe years) the nuke story needed tidying up as its a region landmark moment. I think we also need to revisit the backstory as otherwise we're left with a total story of Ardia= Bad Guys / Non Ardia = Good guys. Our Great War was not just a single conflict between good and evil. It saw various conflicts interconnected across Mundus. So for example while this is going on you've the Maori V's the Seleucid, the Soviets V's Chistopol. I could see a situation where for example the Soviets support those against Ardia because they hate the Empire meaning Chistopol and the ASA are on the same side. We've made it all too black and white for the convenience of good guying

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2022, 03:11:16 PM »
I read Ach's vignette when it was posted and I assumed that what posted was either a reposting of what was agreed a long time ago or was discussed with the RP Mod. I am actually quite surprised to hear that this was done as a solo thing and I hope I am understanding this wrong. Just adding very important aspects to the history of the Ardian Empire in a conflict that involves several players is something we should avoid.

So I am interested to hear what Ach has to say first as maybe the princess and Ardian nuclear program stuff was something that was agreed a long time on the previous forum or maybe discussed briefly with Dave.

After we get that info I think we can talk more about the details of the Great War.

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2022, 04:38:21 PM »
The Ardian Empire having a nuclear weapons program - I see no reason why they couldn't have such a program especially as the program never completes, they never get a nuclear weapon and the program would get shut down when the war ends (this also can go some way to explaining how other nations developed their programs). The question I have to answer as the player responsible for Ach's actions is what prompts Ach to develop a nuclear weapon and then drop it. Dropping it is the simpler one to answer, the harder one is what prompts it - this is what an Ardian program is intended to do, an Ardian program helps explain the origins of the Ach program.

As far as the Princess goes this is an issue created by the fact that the Devaux family somehow are both the Imperial family of the Ardian Empire and now the Praetors of the Allied States of Ardia, her involvement is simply in recognition of that and it explains how Achkaerin becomes aware of Ardia's intentions and thus makes certain decisions.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2022, 11:06:44 PM »
The Ardian Empire having a nuclear weapons program - I see no reason why they couldn't have such a program especially as the program never completes, they never get a nuclear weapon and the program would get shut down when the war ends (this also can go some way to explaining how other nations developed their programs). The question I have to answer as the player responsible for Ach's actions is what prompts Ach to develop a nuclear weapon and then drop it. Dropping it is the simpler one to answer, the harder one is what prompts it - this is what an Ardian program is intended to do, an Ardian program helps explain the origins of the Ach program.

As far as the Princess goes this is an issue created by the fact that the Devaux family somehow are both the Imperial family of the Ardian Empire and now the Praetors of the Allied States of Ardia, her involvement is simply in recognition of that and it explains how Achkaerin becomes aware of Ardia's intentions and thus makes certain decisions.

I think you may be missing the point. Players should not add to the history of the Ardian Empire without consulting the other players or the RP mod. It affects other players including players with whom you do not have the best history collaboration and can lead to discussions later on.

For example, you see no reason why the Ardian Empire couldn't have a nuclear program but you fail to see the implications for Samantra in that it was allied with a (developing) nuclear power. Now I generally don't mind accommodating other players and I can make it work by adding another layer of hypocrisy to the leadership of present day Samantra but other players may not be so accommodating or may have more serious objections that you might have missed.   

My suggestion would be that we either discuss Ardian history changes in a dedicated OOC thread OR submit them to the RP mod OR find another alternative. That way we hopefully avoid arguments later on and, more importantly, make other players more aware of the changes in history.