Author Topic: Royal Press Office of Eigg  (Read 1234 times)

Offline Dal

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Dál Riata
Royal Press Office of Eigg
« on: September 01, 2022, 11:05:26 PM »

Two days ago I was asked by Her Majesty Queen Aoife of Eigg to look after a letter in-case of any situation where she was unable to speak further with her subjects. Having witnessed members of the Federal Police arrest her and watched as she refused to allow members of her own security and militia to free her using force such a situation has occured. Her Majesty is currently sat in a police cell in Federal custody just like a common criminal. As a Thane in the Kingdom of Eigg it is therefore my duty to carry out Her Majesties wishes and so I share the attached letter with not just the people of Eigg but the world.

Signed

Thane Rupert Gorman

If you are reading this then Thane Rupert has reason to believe it may be some time, if ever, that I can speak to the people of Eigg. If this is to be the last time I communicate with my people I pray it is with a free Eigg and that my sister Lilian shall have taken up the throne. The Kingdom of Eigg is a proud Celtic nation and Celts are fiercely proud of their homelands. In the past decades the idea of a Federation of Dal Riata has grown into one of creating a single identity of a Celtic nation. To achieve this the Federation imposes a set of one size fits all policies and Eigg has found itself repeatedly as not fitting in. What was once about collective strength and security in the 18th Century is now a movement to control every aspect of our society. We will not and can not accept this, but we must also not lose sight that the Celts though living under different flags are family. Our clans run throughout the Celtic world, from as far north as Seaforth to as far West as Kaitaine we can find Celts who share a bond as strong as granite. We do not fight family. Independence for Eigg should be achieved without a drop of blood being spilled. Recently I was privileged to meet the leaders of many other Celtic Kingdoms, Ui Cennesliag, Cantabria, Ruasalibh and Arciabh, we recognised the potential of Celtic co-operation, of Celtic unity but also of celebrating our independence. To those monarchs I urge you to support the people of Eigg while I can not.

The Morrigan watches over Eigg, the three Goddesses in one. Macha, Nemian and Badb. The Goddesses love only one thing more than victory and that is love and peace. If we give the world peace they will give us victory. In the days to come you must not seek to shed Celtic blood, you must pray that Nemian will guide us through to the victory we are sure to gain.

Long Live an Independent Eigg.