Author Topic: Hozland Tribune  (Read 2254 times)

Offline EricaHozland

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Hozland
Hozland Tribune
« on: October 30, 2022, 10:02:29 PM »

CYNINGNEY ISLAND GOES "OFF GRID"

Cyningney Island is one of several administrative centres within the Kingdom of Hozland. It sits on the lake on the boarder between Hozland and the Charterlands and is home traditionally to the Royal families personal holdings. The island is home to around 200 people and can be visited by tourists with the exception of the area to the North of the railway lines which is still reserved for the royals private holding. The southern parts of the island feature 17th Century homes and a marina that houses a Naval unit responsible for helping patrol the Lake and provide security for the royals. Today it was announced that the island had gone seven days without drawing any power from the national grid. In a statement from the office of King John V it was confirmed that, "Over the past five years we've sought to use a combination of solar on the island, off shore wind and hyrdoelectric from the feeder river for the lake. In addition we have also attempted to install throughout the island measures to cut electricity usage. We have now managed to go a whole week without drawing a single watt from the main grid. This is a great step forward both in terms of setting an example of what can be achieved but also in terms of security. Regardless of what happens elsewhere within the Kingdom we now have an area that without any logistical changes needing to take place the government can operate."

The island will also soon host talks between the CharterLord of Reenberg and King John as the Palace confirmed "The Charterlands are interesting neighbours and Lady Charlotte and King John have yet to formally meet face to face. There are many matters that would benefit us from talking about and the King has issued a formal invitation to Lady Charlotte to visit Cyningney Island to discuss them." No date has been announced for the talks however but the closeness of the two nations geographically means such a meeting can take place quickly.

PRINCE COULD GET NEW TITLE

Two months ago Duke Lucas of Kirkby died at the age of 41 with no obvious heir. As his Dukedom had to be inherited by direct family the title will be returned to the crown. While the Dukedom is centred on the market town of Kirkby it contains around 10km to the East of the town the village of Kirkby Hazelwood, famed for being the location of a decisive battle in the 2018 Civil War. During this battle Prince Rupert was on several occasions nominated for bravery awards and honours. With the Dukedom now coming  unclaimed many locals have called for the Prince to be given the title. Among those calling for him to take the title is Mayor Elise Rennley who explained why there is support for this. "The Prince helped ensure that the area was safe during the war and built up a strong relationship with the residents of Kirkby Hazelwood, especially those who his unit evacuated during the fierce fighting. Out of all the people who could get the title the Prince would be an excellent choice."

There are however unwritten rules that no-one should hold more than one Dukedom and with the Prince holding the title of Duke of Beaucastle it is thought unlikely he would be granted this title as well.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2022, 09:41:38 PM by EricaHozland »

Offline EricaHozland

• Microstate
    • View Profile
Re: Hozland Tribune
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2022, 11:35:12 PM »

CHRISTMAS SERVICE HELD

The annual Christmas service in the National Chapel at Mahlham has taken place. The National Chapel is one the location of the oldest place of worship within the nation and while today not the largest it is considered the most significant as the royal family often attend services. With Christmas celebrations underway across the Kingdom the royal family visited for services. During the service King John V read from the preachings of Saint Jude who is members of the Christian Prophets view as one of the brothers of Jesus Christ. It is common that the royal family take a role within worship with Queen Emma playing trumpet during several of the carols sung while Princess Helena was part of the choir. Prince Rupert attended the ceremony in the uniform of the Kings Household Fusilliars in which he is currently serving as a Captain. The Prince was in command of the colour party parading the standard of St.George which represents the whole of Hozlands military. A selected audience of around 200 members of the public who had applied to attend and had been security cleared were also present. Only Prince Mark did not attend in accordance with royal protocol of all royals not attending public occasions together.

During the service the annual Christmas Honours list was put on display and as expected Prince Rupert shall be named the new Duke of Kirkby. During the Civil War of 2018 the Prince fought a valiant defensive action near the town and then following this success garrisoned the settlement for a number of months against enemy raids. During this time he became a well liked figure among the locals and following the tragic death of childless Duke Lucas the title reverted to the crown. It is understood that the Prince actively petitioned his father to give him the title and while all the royals are also holders of Dukedoms there has been no occasion that a Prince has held two area unless married. The Prince is already, as heir, both the Duke of Beaucastle and also the Prince of Gretland the Principality having been annexed in the 1630's. The local mayor of Kirkby said "We are thrilled at the news of the Princes appointment as our Duke. While the role holds no power beyond granting its holder a seat in the House of Nobles we take pride in who represents us. To have the Prince in that position is a blessing as we know the affection he holds the town and surronding area in. We look forward to welcoming him here as soon as possible and while we know he is also the Duke of Beaucastle we hope he will make a home here where he is loved."

The Prince thanked the Mayor for his kind words and said. "Kirkby is a town I always enjoy spending time in. Sadly my military and royal duties usually dictate where I call home but rest assured I plan to be a very frequent visitor to Kirkby and already have some ideas for the community." One such idea was posted on the Prince's social media accounts shortly after saying that he had got the Universities of Kirkby and the University of Beaucastle to agree to a sporting weekend known as the Dukes Trophy. "Every summer the two Universities will, at my expense, take it in turns hosting a kind of mini-Mundus Games between them. The winning team taking possession of the Dukes Trophy. It is my hope these two communities can become friends and despite geography be like siblings. I look forward to the first of these events."

Offline EricaHozland

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2023, 10:40:50 AM »

NATION CELEBRATES EASTER AND BIRTH OF FAITH

Settlements across the nation have over the last few days been celebrating Easter. The Christian Prophets, like mainstream Christian denominations, believe that this is the week when the final days of the life of Jesus took place and solemn celebrations have taken place across Mundus. In Hozland however the followers of the Christian Prophets believe this is also the time of the religions birth. While most Christians believe that Jesus crucifixion and resurrection are vital parts of their faith members of the Prophets believe that following the death and ascension of Jesus his siblings maintained authority of Mundus and continued to establish Gods wishes in this world. It is believed Simeon of Jerusalem created a bloodline that can still be traced today and that this person, and not the Pope, is the Christian authority on Mundus. On this date it is believed Simeon assumed his authority and as a result the faithful celebrate. Across the nation bonfires were lit to represent both the resurrection of Jesus and the "light of the Prophets being ignited." Services took place in every Church across the nation with the royal family attending the service in the Cathedral on the island of Cyningney.

Offline EricaHozland

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2023, 09:58:40 PM »

BUSY DAY FOR PRINCE

Prince Rupert has today taken part in two important ceremonies in the capital. The day began when the Prince was invested as the new Duke of Kirkby Hazlewood making him the first noble to hold two Dukedoms in Hozland since the 14th Century. The Duke also holds the title of Duke of Beaucastle. The residents of the town of Kirkby Hazlewood are said to have pushed for the Prince to become their new Duke following the death of Duke Lucas Wiley who had no obvious next of kin. The town became a key battle site during the civil war that ended in 2021 with its successful defence being a key turning point. It was during this time that Prince Rupert was a soldier in the Royal Logistics Corps who was cited several times for bravery for leading his unit to "plug gaps" in the front lines and evacuate both wounded soldiers and civilians. He was based in the town for six months and many of the locals formed a strong connection to the young royal and the units fighting in the region. The Duke was invested as the Duke of Kirkby Hazlewood during a ceremony witnessed by his family, members of the armed forces, other Dukes and representatives of the people of his new Dukedom. This took place at the Basillica of St.George, a saint deemed to be close to the heart of the Prince. Speaking to the media after the ceremony Prince Rupert stated, "While I may have been born in Mahlham and hold the title of Duke of Beaucastle by being heir to the throne I am more honoured than ever to be Duke of Kirkby Hazlewood. During the most difficult time in my life the people there looked out for us and shared our hardship. I am proud that I can now be there Duke and rest assured I shall be a frequent visitor to the town." While the initial decision to make the Prince the Duke had been made in the New Years Honours list there had been various delays as the King had asked historians to consider the implications of the measure. King John presided over the ceremony and later said. "The family our proud of Rupert. He has proven to be a soldier the nation can be proud of and has served the Kingdom in our time of need. He has always spoke fondly of the town, its people and his connection there. While the title of Duke is largely symbolic in this day and age I know Rupert will want his relationship there to be deeper."

From that ceremony the Prince travelled to the Cathedral of St.Michael where the 2023 intake of the armed forces Chaplains were officially ordained. The 37 men have all completed a 28 week military training programme and a two year learning programme to allow them to minister to the faithful of the armed forces. The Chaplains fulfil the role of ensuring the spiritual needs of the nations military are meet as well as acting as a form of counsillor and adviser for the men their serve alongside. The men were each presented with their golden cross emblem for their uniform as well as taking their oath of loyalty to the Kingdom. The Prince presented each of the new Chaplains with a new copy of the Christian Prophets Bible and a crucifix. The Prince spoke to the group saying "While many see a nations military and judge it on what weapons it has and its size its important that we need to make sure those that serve are doing Gods will. I know at times during the civil war I needed a wise and caring ear to speak to and more often than not it was the Chaplains. I'm grateful for their service and wish these men well."

The Prince is expected to visit Vanora in the coming days to visit several sites holy to the Christian Prophets on behalf of the Kingdom.