Author Topic: The Phoenix in the Illumic (Daitō & Heyra)  (Read 1713 times)

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
  • Boldly staying where everyone has gone before
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Empire of DaitoTIO
The Phoenix in the Illumic (Daitō & Heyra)
« on: January 06, 2023, 11:41:15 PM »

To: Chairwoman Francine M. A. Therz of the Heyran Republic,
   It is deeply regrettable that our last effort to meet failed to come to a satisfying resolution, owing to, as I have learned recently, the continuous meddling of the former Chancellor, Sachio Heishi. As a result, he aimed to meet you on my behalf, no doubt in order to poison your mind against the legitimate ruling body of the Empire of Daitō in the event that, as his worst fears have now come to fruition, Imperial Rule be restored. As such, with that in mind, I believe it best that we meet, to wipe the slate clean, barring what potential diplomatic issues, owing to Daitō's withdrawal from the CSTO last year and obligations to various treaties may permit. It is my hope, even though we, until recently, were on separate sides of the veil, so to speak, we can nonetheless pursue a beneficial relationship in the years to come.

Therefore, I would be pleased in invite you, as well as any members of your staff that you may wish to bring along, to the Imperial Palace that we may speak, and finally put to rest any animosities that may yet remain, whether they be due to the Great War or from more recent affairs. I eagerly await your response, and I most certainly hope that you shall accept this invitation.
Signed, Eijirō, Emperor of Daitō

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Re: The Phoenix in the Illumic (Daitō & Heyra)
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2023, 08:58:20 AM »
   All along the courtyard, from the car to the steps leading to the Kyūjō, the main palace in the complex, members of the Imperial Guard stood at attention, their dark-blue uniforms contrasting against the surrounding greenery. Most carried weapons, of course, though four had been assigned to carry the Emperor's standard, the Nishiki-no-Mihata flag, Banzai-ban, Nissho Toban, and Gessho Toban banners, respectively. Of course, any commands given the troops would be difficult to hear, as Heyra's anthem was played upon the moment she had exited the vehicle. Still, at the other end of the cordon, at the top of the stairs leading to the palace, the Emperor of Daitō, Eijirō, stood, joined by not only Empress Mayumi, but also Prime Minister Sadazane Konishi and a number of government ministers; it was well-understood that many would be uncomfortable discussing matters of national policy with someone who was ostensibly a "figurehead", though certainly, many were actively seeking to change that.
   "Your Excellency," Eijirō said with a smile, offering to shake her hand once she had reached the stairs. "I would like to welcome you to Daitō. I trust the flight wasn't too rough?"

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Re: The Phoenix in the Illumic (Daitō & Heyra)
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2023, 10:22:52 PM »
   "Magnificent, certainly, though I will admit it takes too much influence from the Occident for my liking." Eijirō responded; the public rooms of the palace—those areas of the complex open to tourists—blended the designs of the Occident and Orient to create a uniquely modern Ōnishi style. When he was younger, the then-Crown Prince had enjoyed meeting with the people, though his duties to the state often drew him away from the palace and over the seas. "But I suppose it reflects how Daitō has survived as long as it has. Not by copying others, no, but by forging our own path, building upon what others have made."
   "Quite right, Heika." Sadazane said with a nod. "Nonetheless, I'm certain you didn't come here to discuss the intricacies of Daitōjin architecture, nor to stand out here in the cold, so if you wouldn't mind, please, follow me." He continued, motioning for the Chairwoman and her entourage, however light, to follow.

As the group entered the building, the traditionally-styled exterior of the palace gave way to a grand entryway, its walls adorned with paintings commissioned by Emperors going back to Emperor Keiō, more than one-hundred and fifty years ago. Of course, some were reproductions—much of the collection had been lost during the firebombing of Shinkyō—but that which had survived the years was, nonetheless, priceless. They would continue along, passing through a number of halls before eventually reaching their destination, a drawing room. Its emerald-green drapes complemented the red walls, upon which was gold leaf decorated with the Imperial Chrysanthemum as well as various other symbols.
   "So, your Excellency, before we begin, I am rather curious as to where you believe Heyra will be by the end of the year?" the Prime Minister, Sadazane, asked. "How I figure, it's best we at least set some sort of goal before we proceed, that way we can determine what is necessary to achieve it."