Author Topic: Malboura Morning Herald | Sutherian News  (Read 2421 times)

Offline Glitchy

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Sutherland
Malboura Morning Herald | Sutherian News
« on: October 15, 2017, 01:12:09 PM »

PRESIDENT TRUMAN MAKING STRIDES IN FIRST 100 DAYS

100 days ago today Malcum Truman of the Liberal Democratic Party was sworn into the office the President of Sutherland. He has wasted no time to implement domestic policies promised during his presidential campaign. He and the new government have implemented the 20% flat tax with a §30 000 threshold, as well as signing an executive order for the removal of sin taxes, which could see potential as a bill in the coming months. There are still many policies which are left on the president's to-do-list, however, including industry deregulations, giving states the power to impose taxes otherwise reserved to the federal government and pulling back funds from government climate change organisations to encourage private solutions.

On the international side of things, however, President Truman has been the most out-there president ever. Not since after the World War has any Sutherian administration undertaken any more diplomatic visits. President Truman is currently in the capital city of Communist Artyomov, Moscow, discussing ties between two unlikely nations with President Maxim Ivanoff. Many political commentators have criticized the president for this trip, commenting on how anti-communist the Liberal Democrats are.

President Truman made this statement on the meeting:

Despite ideological differences, I certainly don't believe this should be a barrier between two nations ability to communicate with one another diplomatically. Not unless any of their policies or actions infringe on the people or the nation of Sutherland, I see no reason for the government to walk by open doors.

Meanwhile, Foreign Minister Margaret Gillard has responded to a Rokkenjiman proposal for a Trans-Ardian Partnership and railway. The railway is set to run from Gowu, through Sutherland and all the way to Himeyama on the Horn of Ardia Sutherland has generally yearned for some form of a continental railway for quite some time, so the new government was quick to hop on the opportunity to partake in any discussions concerning the project.

Lastly, Vice President Max Howard will be travelling with Mountjoy to partake in the celebration of the Day of the Charge, celebrating the nations 350th birthday. This will hopefully be the last step in laying the foundations for Sutherian foreign diplomacy, where Sutherland will be able to establish worldwide connections with other countries. Once President Truman returns from Moscow, we can expect to see more from the president.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 01:24:08 PM by Glitchy »
I USED TO BE LUVONIA

Sutherland Links:
- Factbook
- Characters (W.I.P)
- News
- Vignettes
- Map of Sutherland (W.I.P)